Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

O/T Joe Biden stands down as candidate

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:50 pm

Joe Biden officially stands down as a candidate on 21st July 2024.

Updated

Surely he has to stand down as the Democrat nominee?

Things have been bad enough but he made two major errors tonight.

First, ahead of his press conference to close NATO, he introduced President Zelenskyy by saying: “Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin.”

Then in the press conference, referring to Kamala Harris, he said: “I wouldn’t have picked Vice President Trump if I didn’t think she was qualified.”

Has to be the final straw.

Re: O/T Joe Biden

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:53 pm

He keeps saying all the foreign leaders are supporting him and thanking him.

Well they would, they’re not going to publicly say he’s unfit to run for the election when he’s the US President - and the host of the event.

All of the foreign leaders know he shouldn’t be running in the election, and will be saying that privately.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He keeps saying all the foreign leaders are supporting him and thanking him.

Well they would, they’re not going to publicly say he’s unfit to run for the election when he’s the US President - and the host of the event.

All of the foreign leaders know he shouldn’t be running in the election, and will be saying that privately.

Ned this will be nail in his coffin ⚰️
More of his party will now be saying needs to stand down... tbh both men need too trump is just as bad on many different levels.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:22 am

The fact he’s the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world is a scary thought.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:52 am

Underhill1927 wrote:The fact he’s the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world is a scary thought.

Although he did correct himself it’s still the most recent of a long line of faux pas

Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:05 am

End of the road for Biden now.

You cant have a man who's got Parkinsons in control of one of the most powerful countries in the world.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:44 am

This is what he is like now. Imagine what he would be like in five years time (if elected)

Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:47 am

He’s a warmonger who gets millions in lobby money from the American Military Industrial Complex. The games rigged.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:34 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:The fact he’s the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world is a scary thought.

Although he did correct himself it’s still the most recent of a long line of faux pas

I’m sure Trump’s quite happy letting Biden dig a bigger hole.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:51 pm

Jock wrote:He’s a warmonger who gets millions in lobby money from the American Military Industrial Complex. The games rigged.

Spot on!

During Trump's reign he brokered more peace treaties in the middle east than any other leader in history including between Sudan and Israel........now look at what's happening.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:17 pm

You mean Joe Biden who helped Israel to massacre innocent Children & men and women.

Pretended to help.

16,000 Palestinian Children, railed, burned alive , tortured and massacred.

Sky News even said last night why are they not allowed in, banned for the last 6months.

Biden should be up for War Crimes

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239263

Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:34 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
Jock wrote:He’s a warmonger who gets millions in lobby money from the American Military Industrial Complex. The games rigged.

Spot on!

During Trump's reign he brokered more peace treaties in the middle east than any other leader in history including between Sudan and Israel........now look at what's happening.
Agree,trump hates war

Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:08 am

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

I’m sure Trump’s quite happy letting Biden dig a bigger hole.

Trumps people put a campaign video out with just Biden on it, never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:47 am

Anybody who has a remote interest in USA politics will have known for the last 2 years that President Biden is, and has been, in cognitive decline. Whilst this has been going on he has still been the "leader" of the free world!

The corrupt left wing media in the US has been trying to hide this but are now starting to turn.

It reminds me of the Peter & the Dyke story we all learned in school. Now the finger has been pulled out, it's only a matter of time before the walls break open. :bluebird:

Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:46 pm

Biden stands down as candidate then.

Finally.

Re: O/T Joe Biden stands down as candidate

Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:53 pm

If the woman becomes presidential candidate trump will surely put his foot in his mouth with insults about women he wouldnt be able to help himself ..

Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:If the woman becomes presidential candidate trump will surely put his foot in his mouth with insults about women he wouldnt be able to help himself ..

Harris isn't even liked in the Democrats own party ,she also polls worse than biden can't see her being the nominee tbh .

Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:You mean Joe Biden who helped Israel to massacre innocent Children & men and women.

Pretended to help.

16,000 Palestinian Children, railed, burned alive , tortured and massacred.

Sky News even said last night why are they not allowed in, banned for the last 6months.

Biden should be up for War Crimes

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=239263

Trump will rein isreal in the bombing will stop .

Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:If the woman becomes presidential candidate trump will surely put his foot in his mouth with insults about women he wouldnt be able to help himself ..

Harris isn't even liked in the Democrats own party ,she also polls worse than biden can't see her being the nominee tbh .

Well certainly doesn't have the pulling power of hilary Clinton that's for sure.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Well certainly doesn't have the pulling power of hilary Clinton that's for sure.

Hilary it won't be either . It's so late in the race that's it's a bit of a problem for them .

Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:41 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Harris is a weak politician, difficult to see anyone winning this for the Democrats.

Trump seems in control, he’s got the lead in the crucial swing states.

Sun Jul 21, 2024 9:48 pm

Gets rid of Biden but have no one in place to replace him? Open field for trump. ;)

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:33 pm

Kamala Harris - Is the front runner and I can see her getting the vote ...

Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:38 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Kamala Harris - Is the front runner and I can see her getting the vote ...

She's polling worse than biden , a usa Democrat just called her the dianne abbot of the Democrat party , it's over the presidential race it will be trump but the Democrats will focus on Congress now

Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:04 pm

Trump has stated he'll cut funding to Ukraine if he get into power. That isn't good news for Europe!

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:45 am

wez1927 wrote:

It creates an interesting situation Wez. The donations raised for the Biden/Harris ticket. Can only be used by those two. I think there’s about $100m in the bank atm. But, also. In some states It isn’t legal to change the nominee, as they’re nominated at state level. I think one state doesn’t even allow it in its constitution even if you die after being nominated!
I think the combination of timing, the existing funds and the likelihood that Trump winning is nigh on guaranteed, will mean no one else will want to step in to replace her. But her choice of running mate if she’s nominated could make it a closer run contest than expected, if there’s anyone who’s extremely popular in the eyes of the public.

Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:00 am

SB 1927 wrote:Trump has stated he'll cut funding to Ukraine if he get into power. That isn't good news for Europe!

Why?

Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:41 am

SB 1927 wrote:Trump has stated he'll cut funding to Ukraine if he get into power. That isn't good news for Europe!

Is stopping any war not the right thing to do? .....

It's been a bit humbling for the Russians, so much old school tech getting destroyed by very cheap weapons. This is an old "superpower" not be able to retake a former colony even though a few regions welcome being in the old Soviet system.

He isn't going to take Ukraine and roll onto Poland!!!

All that American, EU and UK taxpayer's money getting funneled into Ukraine, why, do we have no historical link with that country? I thought Kyiv was in Russian for the first 35 years of my life!

You don't buy military weapons from Alibaba or Amazon, there are so many fingers in the pie taking lots and lots if commissions. Why would they want to stop.

This War has confused me. Remember in the 70's & 80's the Warsaw Pact countries would over run Germany in 2 days, now it can'nt get 250 miles without running out of gasoline. Or during the Bosnia Civil War we have 15 mins of TV coverage every day with warfare on the tele.

A negotiated peace is the way to go. Europe has time to sort its shit out and prepare for the invading Russian hordes if that's what they think, but they won't as the real war is economics, media, and cyber. But keep on sending money to Ukraine (Ukraine flag)

Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:11 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

It's been a bit humbling for the Russians, so much old school tech getting destroyed by very cheap weapons. This is an old "superpower" not be able to retake a former colony even though a few regions welcome being in the old Soviet system.

All that American, EU and UK taxpayer's money getting funneled into Ukraine, why, do we have no historical link with that country? I thought Kyiv was in Russian for the first 35 years of my life!

You don't buy military weapons from Alibaba or Amazon, there are so many fingers in the pie taking lots and lots if commissions. Why would they want to stop.

This War has confused me. Remember in the 70's & 80's the Warsaw Pact countries would over run Germany in 2 days, now it can'nt get 250 miles without running out of gasoline. Or during the Bosnia Civil War we have 15 mins of TV coverage every day with warfare on the tele.

A negotiated peace is the way to go. Europe has time to sort its shit out and prepare for the invading Russian hordes if that's what they think, but they won't as the real war is economics, media, and cyber. But keep on sending money to Ukraine (Ukraine flag)

Problem with a negotiated peace settlement is Russia want the land they got by invading Ukraine as part of truce? Now if someone invaded your garden would you let them keep it for as a peace settlement? Or would you trust putin to not in a years time take bit more land after consolidation of what he's taken already? Bit like Netanyahu agree to a peace settlement as long as he's allowed to attack Palestine when he wants to ?

Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:24 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

America are pretty much the lions share of Ukraine's munitions budget. That is what's bankrolling the resistance against Russia. The rest of the EU & others are fly shit in comparison.

Your comment of "He isn't going to take Ukraine and roll onto Poland!!!" - what are you basing that on? As Poland have a 50+ year high budget allowance for defence, as have Estonia and alot of the surrounding countries. Add all of the Scandinavians to that. Preparation was underway months ago...

If you think the end is Trump coming in to power, then I beg to differ and it's more than just my opinion. One of us will be proven right though; and I hope it's you in this case!