Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff Striker goes out on loan:

Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:29 pm

I personally just can’t understand it, We sign him after he’s been released and NO first team appearances for Southampton, who sent him out on loan to Weston- Supermare , Dover and Torquay all Non League and one a very low non league, they release him and we sign him and we then send him to Ireland.

Just my strong view as this has now been happening for years and getting us No where.

He’s 20 years old not even played in League 2.

This 100% has nothing to do with Erol Bulut.

Cardiff striker Luke Pearce has joined League of Ireland side Sligo Rovers until November.

The Irish forward, 20, was signed earlier this month after being released by Southampton, and Cardiff have moved to send him over to Ireland.m, for more experience.

Striker Luke Pearce aged 20 released by Southampton, made 22 appearances for Southampton U21’s in the last 2 seasons.
Was sent out on loan to Weston Supermare and Torquay.

Luke Pearce said after sealing the move:

"I can't wait to get out there and play in front of the fans.

"I’m really looking forward to seeing how I can do in the League of Ireland. I know it’s a very competitive league and Rovers are doing well at the moment based on recent results. I’ve only been here a short while but I can feel the positivity around the club, both on and off the field.

"I am really looking forward to picking up some first team experience here and helping Rovers kick on in the league and of course there’s the FAI Cup to come very soon so I’ll be looking to make an impact."

Re: Cardiff Striker goes out on loan:

Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:03 pm

This is so typical of how we operate as a football club.

Its also relatable to what I said when we signed the young lads. No disrespect meant to them but we should not be buying players who are not even league 2 level when we have let better youngsters go.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:06 pm

It’s absolute madness and non sensical. Bullit should be making these decisions. If not is it the hierarchy who know nothing about football? If it’s Purse and Chesterfield they haven’t a clue and should go. How do they have this power? What is the rot strategy? Under 21 lost to Barry last night. And so it goes on. Totally embarrassing. They should feel ashamed.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 5:09 pm

And the headline by Williams is sensational. He’s another one who gets paid for writing uttter garbage.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:02 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:This is so typical of how we operate as a football club.

Its also relatable to what I said when we signed the young lads. No disrespect meant to them but we should not be buying players who are not even league 2 level when we have let better youngsters go.

Most clubs do this .

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:07 pm

And they wonder why are homegrown leave

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:13 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

Wez, you're telling me that most clubs buy players who have been poor at non league, at an age where they should really be playing first team football, even if it's L2 level?

I'm not sure I believe that.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:55 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

Wez, you're telling me that most clubs buy players who have been poor at non league, at an age where they should really be playing first team football, even if it's L2 level?

Only in Wez’s world and the clowns that run OUR club

Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

Have a day off with your vendetta against the club ffs , clubs sign players and send them out on loan every transfer window, you just like any excuse to have a dig at the club .lots of positives at the moment in our club but you always see the negatives.

Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

Have a day off with your vendetta against the club ffs , clubs sign players and send them out on loan every transfer window, you just like any excuse to have a dig at the club .lots of positives at the moment in our club but you always see the negatives.

No Wez, The Club is Ours

It’s your friends the clowns who can’t run it properly and it’s been proven now for years Have a day off from sticking up for them and be honest for once

Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:17 pm

Makes perfect sense to me..the Irish league is played from March to October he will go straight into playing for a decent Irish team in the middle of the season instead of playing in meaningless friendly’s for our under 21’s

Surely this will be better for him???

Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

No Wez, The Club is Ours

It’s your friends the clowns who can’t run it properly and it’s been proven now for years Have a day off from sticking up for them and be honest for once

The club is in a good place surely you can see that , brilliant stadium, brilliant facilities especially the new academy and you still have a moan, you're hatred us blinding you , get behind the club .

Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:16 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Makes perfect sense to me..the Irish league is played from March to October he will go straight into playing for a decent Irish team in the middle of the season instead of playing in meaningless friendly’s for our under 21’s

Surely this will be better for him???

Agree , get him playing and see what he can do .

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:00 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

No Wez, The Club is Ours

The club is in a good place surely you can see that , brilliant stadium, brilliant facilities especially the new academy and you still have a moan, you're hatred us blinding you , get behind the club .

It’s not in a good place. It’s mostly bullshit again , year after year.

Even you know deep down you finally admitted last season Tan needs to go.

As to new facilities the good news is, all owned by the Council.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

No Wez, The Club is Ours

Nonsense the stadium is Ours, the academy is ours , the new training ground is being built , we are a championship club doing well , you're so negative it's unreal .

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:47 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:48 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

No Wez, The Club is Ours

Nonsense the stadium is Ours, the academy is ours , the new training ground is being built , we are a championship club doing well , you're so negative it's unreal .

Doing well lol

Your on some new happy drink or pills

So then why are we not selling 16,000, 18,000 season tickets ?

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Most clubs do this .

No Wez, The Club is Ours

Doing well lol

Your on some new happy drink or pills

So then why are we not selling 16,000, 18,000 season tickets ?

The facts don't lie last few years have been our most sustained average attendances in our history, we are doing well , despite the negative fans like you saying we are not .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:24 am

Wez,

It’s not so long ago you were saying that it was finally right for Tan to go, I will put them out on here

Plus just look what you were saying a few months ago

Shit football lol

I rest my case / No more said

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:31 am

Wez,

Just found this and at least 3 more you saying it’s Time for Tan to go :lol:

Like I said Wez, you must be in happy pills this morning

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:Wez,

Just found this and at least 3 more you saying it’s Time for Tan to go :lol:

Like I said Wez, you must be in happy pills this morning

This topic isn't about Tan ffs why do you make every topic about Tan its tiresome thankfully most supports are positive about the upcoming season maybe you need some happy pills you miserable git . :lol:

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:42 am

Wow Wez,

I have found even more

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Wow Wez,

I have found even more

But it's off topic

Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:51 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Wow Wez,

I have found even more

But it's off topic

No it’s not your now sticking up for the owner, and it’s his fault all the messes we’ve got ourselves in and how badly we are run.

If not why would you say it’s time for him to go?

I support Our Club, not the Regime, Our Club comes first with me, the other way around with you.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:14 am

Wez,

My proof of putting My Club first and Support them NO matter who the Owners are is:

I have renewed yet again My Season Ticket for the 52nd Consecutive Season in a row.

I rightly have my views / opinions on how My Club is run and should be allowed especially when it’s been stripped of everything, worse in debt and not improved on the pitch.

CLUB FIRST / BLUEBIRDS

Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:36 am

Getting back to the original discussion point U21 football and the progression of our players

What U21/23 football can't give you is physicality, these matches are half paced, technique & tactic fests. We need to send the kids out to see for ourselves whether the lad will make it at pro level. UK football has become a lot more technical and overly fussy refereeing has allowed smaller kids to make it, but you still need physicality as you will be coming up against some physical specimens.

Kieron Evans is a much more technical player than Tanner, everything he does has been so well coached, he is just small. Last season someone must have seen enough of him at mens pro level to think he may have a shot.

Etete is a good player, in training I bet he is a beast, its just when he goes against hardened championship centre halfs he still looks a kid, hopefully,this is his season.

Small kids like Evans may need the protection of U21 football to see if they develop physically, but most need to get out and play competitive mens football. This kid will get that chance at Irish pro level.

Most of these kids will be LoW anyway, so loans out to those clubs is just telling them we don't think you are going to make it. A loan to national league is a decent place for an 18/19 year old who we think may be a potential first-team sqaud player.

I expect J.Colwill to follow the same path of Eli King, who i think will be starting around 15 games this season.

Rubin should have been loaned out for a season 2 years ago, but for one reason or another he wasn't so he has intermittently learned on the job and a bigger stage than he should have been

Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:41 am

llan bluebird wrote:Getting back to the original discussion point U21 football and the progression of our players

What U21/23 football can't give you is physicality, these matches are half paced, technique & tactic fests. We need to send the kids out to see for ourselves whether the lad will make it at pro level. UK football has become a lot more technical and overly fussy refereeing has allowed smaller kids to make it, but you still need physicality as you will be coming up against some physical specimens.

Kieron Evans is a much more technical player than Tanner, everything he does has been so well coached, he is just small. Last season someone must have seen enough of him at mens pro level to think he may have a shot.

Etete is a good player, in training I bet he is a beast, its just when he goes against hardened championship centre halfs he still looks a kid, hopefully,this is his season.

Small kids like Evans may need the protection of U21 football to see if they develop physically, but most need to get out and play competitive mens football. This kid will get that chance at Irish pro level.

Most of these kids will be LoW anyway, so loans out to those clubs is just telling them we don't think you are going to make it. A loan to national league is a decent place for an 18/19 year old who we think may be a potential first-team sqaud player.

I expect J.Colwill to follow the same path of Eli King, who i think will be starting around 15 games this season.

Rubin should have been loaned out for a season 2 years ago, but for one reason or another he wasn't so he has intermittently learned on the job and a bigger stage than he should have been

Not a problem with loaning players out hopefully with good futures, but to higher levels not Non League / Welsh League / Irish League.
At least League 1 EFL

Not one player has come back in 15 yrs and made after being sent to these type of leagues, so where did we or they benefit????

Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Getting back to the original discussion point U21 football and the progression of our players

Not a problem with loaning players out hopefully with good futures, but to higher levels not Non League / Welsh League / Irish League.
At least League 1 EFL

Not one player has come back in 15 yrs and made after being sent to these type of leagues, so where did we or they benefit????

I think we are looking today through the eyes of yesterday

We would have had Aaron Ramsey stolen as a 15 year old today. We hopefully hide the good kids which is almost impossible with the resources of the big clubs.

The academy status thing has ruined all bar the huge clubs

Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:36 am

llan bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

At least League 1 EFL

I think we are looking today through the eyes of yesterday

We would have had Aaron Ramsey stolen as a 15 year old today. We hopefully hide the good kids which is almost impossible with the resources of the big clubs.

The academy status thing has ruined all bar the huge clubs

Our own fault.

Our set up this all of it for Category 1 Status

But we have to pay for better, more qualified Coaches, then we get it, but we won’t pay.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:56 pm

I really can not understand why we bring in over clubs rejects and every season to send them straight back out again and then two seasons later we release them, we have enough home grown players to make a good under 21 side.

The OP is right when was the last time we gained anything from this scenario?