Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Igovernor Scottish player ?

Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:47 pm

You said before the euros that there was a player we were having is this still happening? .

Re: Igovernor Scottish player ?

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:You said before the euros that there was a player we were having is this still happening? .

Yes Wez from what i have been told :thumbup:

Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:32 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:You said before the euros that there was a player we were having is this still happening? .

Yes Wez from what i have been told :thumbup:

Position? :D

Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:05 pm

Striker I reckon. That’s straight from the heart :thumbup:

Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:31 pm

Well here is an update of 2 of the Scotland players who were in their squad for the Euro's .....

Stuart Armstrong could have a chance to play his football in the English Premier League next season, despite being released by newly promoted Southampton.

The former Dundee United and Celtic midfielder has been on trial with Brentford over the weekend, playing as a trialist during the second half of the Bees' 5-2 win over AFC Wimbledon.

Brentford head coach Thomas Frank was subsequently asked about the Scottish internationalists inclusion and explained why the 32-year-old was training with his squad.

In other news, his former Southampton and current international teammate, Che Adams, appears to be on the move.

He is set to join Torino in Serie A, with a three-year contract expected to be confirmed later today.

Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:53 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Striker I reckon. That’s straight from the heart :thumbup:

Shanks for that. :laughing6:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:44 am

;) :laughing5:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:51 am

Igovernor wrote:;) :laughing5:

I don't understand why you can't name him or them now .

Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:05 am

As mentioned above, it wont be Che Adams as he's off to Torino

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ar ... g6rjw8l07o

Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:53 pm

Scotland Euro 2024 squad: The final 26-man team -

GK: Angus Gunn (Norwich City)
GK: Zander Clark (Rangers)
GK: Liam Kelly (Motherwell)
DF: Andy Robertson (Liverpool)
DF: Kieran Tierney (Real Sociedad)
DF: Jack Hendry (Al Ettifaq)
DF: Ryan Porteous (Watford)
DF: Liam Cooper (Leeds United)
DF: Scott McKenna (FC Copenhagen)
DF: Grant Hanley (Norwich City)
DF: Greg Taylor (Celtic)
DF: Anthony Ralston (Celtic)
DF: Ross McCrorie (Bristol City)
MF: Callum McGregor (Celtic)
MF: Ryan Christie (Bournemouth)
MF: Billy Gilmour (Brighton & Hove Albion)
MF: John McGinn (Aston Villa)
MF: Kenny McLean (Norwich City)
MF: Scott McTominay (Manchester United)
MF: Stuart Armstrong (Southampton)
MF: Ryan Jack (Rangers)
FW: Che Adams (Southampton)
FW: Lawrence Shankland (Hearts)
FW: James Forrest (Celtic)
FW: Tommy Conway (Bristol City)
FW: Lewis Morgan (New York Red Bulls)

Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:14 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wez there is no need to name him, just read this thread a bit closer :thumbup:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:26 pm

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez there is no need to name him, just read this thread a bit closer :thumbup:

I got it! :laughing6:

Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:12 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Striker I reckon. That’s straight from the heart :thumbup:

Shanks for that. :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:55 pm

The Tynecastle captain is now in the final 12 months of his contract -

Hearts head coach Steven Naismith today made clear the club’s stance on captain Lawrence Shankland following reported interest from Rangers. Tynecastle officials have not received any offers for the striker and have no intention of selling him at a reduced price despite his contract entering its final 12 months.

Rangers have monitored Shankland for the past year but are yet to make contact with Hearts regarding a transfer bid. The Edinburgh club want their top goalscorer to stay and commit his future to them. They offered him a new contract in January, followed by an improved proposal two weeks later, but he has so far resisted the opportunity to sign.

Shankland’s goalscoring record reads 59 goals in 94 club games since joining Hearts from the Belgian side Beerschot in summer 2022. He became the first player to score 30 times in a season since the legendary John Robertson and is viewed as the biggest asset in Gorgie.

The Tynecastle hierarchy value him in the £4m to £5m bracket and Naismith sees no reason why that will change despite the player’s current contract running down. Should Shankland stay and score goals to help Hearts secure European league-stage football again this season, that achievement would be worth around £5m in extra income from UEFA. That prospect helps dictate Shankland’s market value.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:57 pm

“That’s exactly it,” explained Naismith, speaking exclusively to the Edinburgh News. “At every club in Scotland, every player has a value. It doesn’t always sit with the general rule of thumb, where a player’s contract is running down so they have lost a lot of value in terms of what the club could receive.

“Scotland is slightly different because of the finances in general in Scottish football. On top of that, the financial rewards of getting into Europe are so great that, if you have an asset who is going to help you do that, then that adds value. That’s simply it. For us, there is no change at all from where it was last summer or from where it was in January.”

Shankland reported back to Riccarton for pre-season training earlier this month following international duty with Scotland at the European Championship. He took part in a closed-door friendly against Burnley on Saturday and is scheduled to be involved in this Saturday’s friendly at Fleetwood Town. Speculation over his future does not seem to have affected the 28-year-old.

“Shanks has been fine. He’s been training no problem,” said Naismith. “Him and Kenneth [Vargas], and even Gerald [Taylor], have only had a couple of weeks off after international duty. You don’t look at them and think they look so unfit because it’s such a short time. Players miss two weeks for a tight calf or a tight hamstring, then they are back and it’s fine.

“This is very much the same and that’s where they are. It’s just about them getting their sharpness, really. They hadn’t kicked a ball for two weeks but over the course of a week to 10 days that will come back. The boys who have been on international duty have come back looking good.”

Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:06 pm

No disrespect has the said poster ever got any transfers right

Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:18 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:No disrespect has the said poster ever got any transfers right

:occasion5: :occasion5:

Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:55 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:No disrespect has the said poster ever got any transfers right

No

Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:15 am

More respect if he actually named them .

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:10 am

Rangers are skint and have to move players out before they can put a bid in for Shankland, who’s a massive Rangers fan btw, in 5 months he can sign a pre contract so if Hearts don’t shift him in this window he’s moving for free. Haven’t seen Cardiff mentioned in the Scottish press but he’s a realistic target who’d definitely cut it in the Championship.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Wez I did reply to your earlier post many posters on here have read the posts closely, If you cannot see the cryptic posts in this thread pointing to the player, then you need to either get your eyes tested or new glasses :banghead:

Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:11 pm

Its Shankland.

I don't think it's going to happen though.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:22 am

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez I did reply to your earlier post many posters on here have read the posts closely, If you cannot see the cryptic posts in this thread pointing to the player, then you need to either get your eyes tested or new glasses :banghead:

It’s the City message board mate, not the fekkin Times crossword :lol:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:46 am

Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Not being funny but it's not a guessing game you should just name the player Like everyone else does if they get a bit of information, at the present your info looks a dud.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:12 am

This one was quite easy to figure out, even though it won't happen.

I do agree though that names should be posted.

If they are genuine rumours that have been heard, then post the name and the source.

Otherwise it does just look like a generic post that is just hoping that someone will sign.

It was the same last year too.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:13 am

Roath_Blue wrote:This one was quite easy to figure out, even though it won't happen.

I do agree though that names should be posted.

If they are genuine rumours that have been heard, then post the name and the source.

Otherwise it does just look like a generic post that is just hoping that someone will sign.

It was the same last year too.

Agree

Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Not being funny but it's not a guessing game you should just name the player Like everyone else does if they get a bit of information, at the present your info looks a dud.

Why should he name the player?

He did that in January and got slaughtered only for Bulut to confirm we had been after and spoken to the said named players.

Rog is fully aware and up to date on who we are after but now decides to keep it to himself.

It’s a much better solution whilst most keep guessing hmm

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:48 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He did that in January and got slaughtered only for Bulut to confirm we had been after and spoken to the said named players.

Rog is fully aware and up to date on who we are after but now decides to keep it to himself.

He never named players in January it was cryptic like the latest .

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He never named players in January it was cryptic like the latest .

Agreed :clap: :clap:

Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:57 pm

I just let it go over my head these days.

We are linked with too many players.

I typically only believe it when I see it, I.e they have signed.