Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Swansea City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 25, 2024 2:00 pm

Swansea City win (Evens)
48%
Cardiff City win (11/4)
38%
Draw (23/10)
14%

Total votes : 56

MATCH THREAD: “ SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:00 pm

SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY
Sunday 25th August, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship - Match 3
Swansea.com Stadium

CCFC TEAM:

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Chambers, Daland, O'Dowda; Siopis, Robertson; Meite, Ramsey, Willock; Kanga.

Subs: Alnwick, Goutas, El Ghazi, Bagan, Colwill, Tanner, Rinomhota, Ashford, Robinson.

Erol Bulut:

“The derby game Swansea, it does not matter how you do it,but you have to win against Swansea.”

“ SOLD OUT “

NO RESTRICTIONS AT ALL TO BUY THEM

1,500 Cardiff Tickets

GREAT NEWS / INJURY UPDATE:

Anwar El Ghazi ready to make debut
Ramsey fully fit
Both Callum O'Dowda and Calum Chambers both fit
Ralls late fitness test

Erol Bulut:

“New signing Jesper Norman raring to go and ready to play on Sunday.”

Latest Injury update on CCFC players:

Etete and Isaak Davies are out for three and five months

Jamilu Collins' injury, which will see him miss another six weeks to eight weeks.

O’Dowda , Calum Chambers and captain Joe Ralls were taken off as injury precautions on Saturday and Ralls will be ok for the Swansea game.

Aaron Ramsey falling down off the ball clutching his leg. After X-rays it looks like just bad bruising and a bit sore, but nothing more.

TEAM NEWS:

Erol Bulut:

Jesper Daland
“He’s fit and ready to start away at Swansea.”

David Turnbull injured one month out.

Callum Robinson back in training

Anwar El Ghazi won’t be fit till end of September

Isaak Davies out injured till December

Kion Etete out till November

Jamilu Collins out till October

60A1B5A1-B676-41E9-8CBB-AC6E02EBA765.jpeg

TV and Streaming

This match is live on Sky Sports Football.

Club Connections

There are a number of players who have played for both Cardiff and Swansea.

Amongst them are Jason Bowen, Alan Curtis, Andy Legg, Warren Feeney, Steven Caulker, John Toshack and Don Murray.

Rival Players

This is for players that have previous played for Swansea, but obviously they all fall into this category for this game.

The Opposition's Manager

Luke Williams was appointed Swansea manager in January.

They had a good end to the season and he guided them to a 14th placed finish.

Before that, he was at Notts County where he got them promoted from the National League.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Matt Grimes has long been an important part of Swansea’s squad, he scored the opening goal in their win over Preston on Saturday.

Zan Zipotnik is a new signing and got his first goal in that game.

Liam Cullen had 12 goals and assists last season.

Head To Head 

Our 2-0 home win against them last season is our only win in the last five meetings.

They have won each of the other four.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Swansea City: Vigouroux, Key, Cabango, Darling, Tymon, Franco, Grimes, Cooper, Eom, Ronald, Cullen

Cardiff City: Horvath, Ng, Chambers, Goutas, O’Dowda, Siopis, Ralls, Ramsey, Meite, Willock, Kanga

Last Game

We lost 5-0 at Burnley on Saturday.

On the same day, Swansea beat Preston 3-0.

Match Odds

Swansea City - Evens
Cardiff City - 11/4
Draw - 23/10

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:02 pm

Swansea win 3-0 without breaking a sweat

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:11 pm

I'm always positive before a game but Bulut is slowly draining that out of me.

My heart says 1-2 to Cardiff.

My head says 4-0 to jacks :(

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:17 pm

Bulut cup final a must win game for him players owe the fans a big performance a 2-1 for the BLUEBIRDS overtime YOU EROL

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:21 pm

Over to Erol you know what is NEEDED A WIN GET IT DONE

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:29 pm

I hope I’m wrong, but I think they absolutely dick us.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:30 pm

I have zero confidence in getting anything out of this game. And I am a glass half full type of guy.

They aren't anything to fear, we're just toothless with zero defence. What a horrible combination.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:32 pm

MikeO76 wrote:I'm always positive before a game but Bulut is slowly draining that out of me.

Be interesting as last two games at their place they've used every cheat they can think of to win game particularly intimidation... we need to stand up to it if to be successful .... but they're not that good yet! Two Very
fortunate goals yesterday helped them along I fancy us to win "IF" attitude is right.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:41 pm

The manager and players need a 100% turn around to get anything from the game. Jacks will love it when we pass, centre half to fullback back to centre half and then back to goalie.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:I'm always positive before a game but Bulut is slowly draining that out of me.

Be interesting as last two games at their place they've used every cheat they can think of to win game particularly intimidation... we need to stand up to it if to be successful .... but they're not that good yet! Two Very
fortunate goals yesterday helped them along I fancy us to win "IF" attitude is right.

That's been the difference the last 10 years or so, their attitude is spot on, ours is "it's just another game" which is why we've taken a lot of beatings from them.

Our players look like they've had enough of the negative football but it'll be interesting to see how they play next Sunday.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:53 pm

TEAM NEWS:

Joe Ralls and Aaron Ramsey bring assessed Monday morning, both already had treatment.

David Turnbull injured one month

Anwar El Ghazi won’t be fit till end of September

Isaak Davies out injured till December

Kion Etete out till November

Jamilu Collins out till October
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:54 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That's been the difference the last 10 years or so, their attitude is spot on, ours is "it's just another game" which is why we've taken a lot of beatings from them.

Our players look like they've had enough of the negative football but it'll be interesting to see how they play next Sunday.

Be nice get a goal start that will change shape of game otherwise could end up with usual problems very comfortably game but we'll concede easy goal at fome point and we all know what that would mean?

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:55 pm

STILL TICKETS AVAILABLE:

1,700 Cardiff fans

Sun Aug 18, 2024 2:57 pm

“ CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 2024-25 “

10/08/24 Cardiff City 0 Sunderland 2 :cry: Crowd 21,410 Sunderland Fans 2,140

17/08/24 Burnley 5 Cardiff City 0 Crowd Away 19,738 Support 1.180

Live Sky Sunday 25/08/24 3pm Swansea City v Cardiff City

Live Sky 31/08/24 12:30pm Cardiff City v Middlesbrough

14/09/24 15:00- Derby County v Cardiff City

21/09/24 15:00 Cardiff City v Leeds United

28/09/24 15:00 Hull City v Cardiff City

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:01 pm

We’ve got to believe either 2-2 or 2-1 Cardiff City

Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:04 pm

Jacks were efficient without being outstanding yesterday.
However, the way we are leaking goals, that will be more than enough to secure defeat number three!
Then, we'll see the 'Bulut out' boys out in force. :banghead:

Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:13 pm

2-2, but hopefully we win.. :thumbup:

Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:42 pm

Swansea v Cardiff City

MY VIEW:

in a broad brush manner- is that : (1) We are definately better than them in ALL 5 mid-field positions (attacking and defending …including the #10).

(2) In all defensive positions (including GK) ….we are slightly better . (3) As for the lone striker which we both employ …..both of us are somewhat lacking .

My conclusion is that is that while “on paper” we are the better team and therefore should expect to win ….this will not be the decisive factor .

The decisive factor is going to depend on :

(1) Which of the two managers will better set up their team to play …..and the tactics . So it is down to the “MANAGERS” .

(2) Which of the two teams “WANTS IT MORE”!!? In derby games form is far less important than normal … but rather ….who has the ‘eye of the tiger’ and who is the ‘pussycat’.

So are we up for it ? Will Bulut do the business on the day ?

Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:05 pm

There were signs against Sunderland a d against Burnley that there was an improvement from last season.
Keeper needs to move on our new defense needs to be on song.
Oh and we need to score goals .
2-1 to us I'm saying can't get any worse or can it ?

Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:21 pm

We can't afford to lose this game - In more ways than one :shock:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:40 am

Based on the seasons performances so far, Cardiff will get well beaten, with another embarrassing performance. Hope I'm wrong :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:43 am

pembroke allan wrote:

We need to dive and use every trick in the book too, play them at their own game, cheat as much as they do just make sure they all give 100%.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:26 am

I've just bought 2 tickets. Still some left if any season ticket or members wishing to go :thumbup:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:18 am

Expected to start away to Swansea:

Erol Bulut:

“He’s fit and ready to start away at Swansea.”

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Jesper Daland.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:21 pm

MikeO76 wrote:I've just bought 2 tickets. Still some left if any season ticket or members wishing to go :thumbup:

Trying to get tickets not sure sold out as I get a messaged box pop up saying left to buy?

Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:10 pm

MikeO76 wrote:I've just bought 2 tickets. Still some left if any season ticket or members wishing to go :thumbup:

Wow! I’m shocked by that but maybe a sign of the times with people being frustrated by the travel and other restrictions…

Being on Sky on a Sunday might be a factor but there’s nothing better than being there ‘live’ when your team do the business; or worse when your team doesn’t turn up…

Enjoy your day, as I think we’ll see a better mentality on Sunday and win, lose or draw, we just want to see our team ‘up’ for the cause… :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:14 pm

Sven wrote:

Wow! I’m shocked by that but maybe a sign of the times with people being frustrated by the travel and other restrictions…

Being on Sky on a Sunday might be a factor but there’s nothing better than being there ‘live’ when your team do the business; or worse when your team doesn’t turn up…

Enjoy your day, as I think we’ll see a better mentality on Sunday and win, lose or draw, we just want to see our team ‘up’ for the cause… :ayatollah:

Yes I definitely hope so. Looking forward to it.
Thanks Sven.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:19 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

Trying to get tickets not sure sold out as I get a messaged box pop up saying left to buy?

Still tickets available. When you're at the stage where you can see the stadium seating, you'll see the coaches on the right of the stadium. Click on the supporters coach at the bottom and then you'll see another stadium seating plan with available tickets. Once you've paid for your tickets you need to contact Vince to arrange what coach your on. Details will be on the confirmation email.
Hope this helps.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:48 pm

I bought two today, sadly at this moment loads left

Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:10 pm

4-0 to the jacks , they will out play us and sadly the bit I can’t take is they will want it more .
Plus this a bit controversial but our players are just not fit enough .
I don’t see a leader in our set up and that includes Bulut .
“We got to die to win 3 points”
We haven’t got the attitude
Hope I am wrong