Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: THE BIG DERBY AS CARDIFF’S SUBSTITUTES CHANGED THE

Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:54 pm

MY VIEW: THE BIG DERBY AS CARDIFF’S SUBSTITUTES CHANGED THE GAME:

Cardiff Subs that came on changed the game big time: Rubin Collwill, Tanner, Robinson, El Ghazi and the difference was immense. As Swansea had totally outplayed Cardiff.

Suddenly Cardiff went at them with pace but had to make changes to do this , it was dire before, But a Great goal by Callum Robinson.

Erol Bulut got sent off, for trying to hold the ball in 95th min as Ramsey went down.

98th min, scuffles broke out between both sets of players.
Yellow cards.

Cardiff get their first goal of the league season and first point.

For me Robinson and Rubin should start every week.

SWANSEA FANS TAUNTING IN THE 1ST HALF: “WE WILL SING ON OUR OWN”
As the lack lustre Bluebirds team could not even touch the ball for long periods.
Swansea players would swarm on every Cardiff player if they got the ball.

A positive Daland looked excellent at times and quality.

Cardiff look so uncomfortable and sloppy in defence and continue to pass back to Horvath? ??

FIRST-HALF: 10th min, Cardiff defence all over the place again and Cullen scored once again against Cardiff, three times he’s done this.
Cullen's shot is blocked before Ronald lashes a cracking shot across goal.
Horvath made a top save with his left hand but it fell right into Cullen's path and the forward nicked in front of O'Dowda to score from close range 1-0.

Swansea had had 78% possession.
Jacks were fighting for every ball.

27th min: Jacks nearly had a deserved 2nd goal, thankfully never got their foot to the ball coming in and Horvath tipped the ball away.

37th min Kanga had a good shot but way over the top, Cardiff’s first proper shot.

Jacks had 40mins of the game m, Cardiff had the last 5mins.

SECOND-HALF: Even Steven’s for a while but Cardiff sloppy at the back.
58th min Rubin Colwill replaced Robertson.

64th min: Rubin Colwill created Cardiff’s best chance,but NO one there to get on the ball.

68th min Ollie Tanner replaced Meite

72mins: El Ghazi replaced Willock
Robinson replaced Kanga

GOAL! Swansea City 1-1 Cardiff City (Robinson 79)

GOAL! Robinson scored! Colwill slides an inch-perfect ball down the line to Tanner, who drives well past Tymon. To his credit, he takes a look up and squares a lovely ball to Robinson, who sweeps home into the bottom corner 1-1

SWANSEA CITY 1 CARDIFF CITY 1
H-T 1-0

Crowd 20,174

Away Support 1,480

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Chambers, Daland, O'Dowda; Siopis, Robertson; Meite, Ramsey, Willock; Kanga.

Subs: Alnwick, Goutas, El Ghazi, Bagan, Colwill, Tanner, Rinomhota, Ashford, Robinson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: THE BIG DERBY AS CARDIFF’S SUBSTITUTES CHANGED

Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:59 pm

Table:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:02 pm

And Bulut showed some balls and a bit of passion.

Was a point earned, wrong starting 11, Kanga needs to be sent back, we desperately need 2 strikers now

Great goal by Robinson he is class. If we can get him el ghazi and Ramsey firing with ikanga aswell we be a decent team.

Colwell needs to learn to cross he got into some great positions but his ability let him down again, if tanner could play like this consistently he’d be a player.

Ref was f*cking honking.

The fact Perry Ng got booked for getting headbutted!

Horvath fine getting kicked in the back of the head!

Yes, nothing brutal. But if that's premier league, both of them are red cards with VAR!

Draw probably fair. Needs to start with the team that ended.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:11 pm

1st half embarrassing.
Second part of the 2nd half much better with the subs on

What amazes me it takes 65 to 70 odd minutes and subs coming on to start having a ago does that not tell the manager anything.

Kangaroo or whatever his name is prancing about the pitch like a show pony looks like a poor mans Leo fortune west up top years ago.

Then again thats insulting fortune-west to be honest. Ramsey is well off it in my opinion can't pass water or sprint and our goalkeeper looks honking at times.

Eitherway a points a point as I felt half time it would be a repeat of the first half but thank god for a point :bluescarf:

The ref was awful also but we got a point.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:11 pm

Daibush wrote:And Bulut showed some balls and a bit of passion.

Totally agree

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:12 pm

Rubin Colwill has class

Callum Robinson can be the main striker

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:12 pm

“ CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 2024-25 “

10/08/24 Cardiff City 0 Sunderland 2 :cry: Crowd 21,410 Sunderland Fans 2,140

17/08/24 Burnley 5 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 18,508 Away Support 1.149

Sunday 25/08/24 Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 Crowd Away Support 1,580

Live Sky 31/08/24 12:30pm Cardiff City v Middlesbrough Crowd Away Support

14/09/24 15:00- Derby County v Cardiff City

21/09/24 15:00 Cardiff City v Leeds United

28/09/24 15:00 Hull City v Cardiff City

01/10/2024 19:45 Cardiff City v Millwall

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:13 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Was a point earned, wrong starting 11, Kanga needs to be sent back, we desperately need 2 strikers now

Agreed

But Robinson I’ve always said should be one of our goal scorers

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:15 pm

We cannot start with meite and kanga, subs phenomenal when they came on and a bit gutted we didn't go on to win

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:15 pm

For me Robinson and Rubin should start every week.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:16 pm

Robinson can't be the lone striker, ok coming on against the tired team with other fresh legs around him. We've had him for what three seasons and he's not been the answer. Great finish though!!!

Oh for a great striker.

Go get Cantwell as well!!!

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For me Robinson and Rubin should start every week.

Agree with Robinson but colwell not for me I’m afraid, he needs an end product he doesn’t finish anything he starts.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:18 pm

Replies:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:19 pm

Replies:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:19 pm

Reply:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:For me Robinson and Rubin should start every week.

Trouble is Ramseyseems untouchable.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Rubin Colwill has class

Callum Robinson can be the main striker

I’d start both next week, possibly Tanner as well.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:31 pm

Still Bulut should go. Better team on the bench . The game was dreadful and the forward play and forward passing was very poor.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:38 pm

Would playing the subs from start have changed anything? Subs are meant to make a difference and that what they did. Not sure if other way round would produce same effect.

Einstein wrote:Robinson can't be the lone striker, ok coming on against the tired team with other fresh legs around him. We've had him for what three seasons and he's not been the answer. Great finish though!!!

Oh for a great striker.

Go get Cantwell as well!!!

Agree, he can't lead the line. He is a second striker.

Think we are crying out for three at the back with Chambers and Daland looking capable on the ball. Goutos, NG, and Fish as well
Load of wingbacks, then we don't need Siopis killing every move and can get Colwill a bit deeper and on the ball.

Today:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:41 pm

View from a Swansea fan -

Thought the first 60 minutes we totally outplayed you. I had to laugh when i read on one topic when Annis rated both teams and said that only one swansea player could get in the cardiff team :lol: i wouldnt put ramsey, siopis or robertson in my sons team. Hes 9.

I think at 60/70 minutes we made poor substitutions compared to you later on bringing on two very attacking players. One attack and you scored.

After the goal we got back to our style and dominated the game until the final whistle.

All in all, 3 points lost for us i think as we dominated most of the game. As for you guys, ramsey is finished, colwill i think wont be the player you all think he will be, but is much better than your starting three CMs combined.

Swansea fan in peace

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:42 pm

Reply:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:45 pm

curiousjack wrote:View from a Swansea fan -

Thought the first 60 minutes we totally outplayed you. I had to laugh when i read on one topic when Annis rated both teams and said that only one swansea player could get in the cardiff team :lol: i wouldnt put ramsey, siopis or robertson in my sons team. Hes 9.

I think at 60/70 minutes we made poor substitutions compared to you later on bringing on two very attacking players. One attack and you scored.

After the goal we got back to our style and dominated the game until the final whistle.

All in all, 3 points lost for us i think as we dominated most of the game. As for you guys, ramsey is finished, colwill i think wont be the player you all think he will be, but is much better than your starting three CMs combined.

Swansea fan in peace

Show me where I personally ever said that.

The rest I virtually agree on

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:46 pm

I couldn't agree more Colwill and Robinson are far better than the alternatives.

Wow Kanga looks so far off the level.

We looked defensively better today but to play football, you need football players on the pitch. Our front 4 should be Robinson, Willock, Colwill & Ghazi. Tanner is a decent impact sub

With that 4 we will score goals.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:47 pm

Reply: