Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Daland

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:08 pm

Impressed by him today, a good debut.

Good at defending and very confident with the ball at his feet.

Made a couple of mistakes but that’s to be expected when it’s your debut, especially in a derby game.

Re: Daland

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:09 pm

Reminds me of Loovens :P

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:09 pm

Yep good debut looks comfortable on the ball and defended well when required

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:10 pm

Thought he was outstanding.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:12 pm

Agree - looks like a player to me, even trying a cheeky pirouette in the first half. Good debut in testing circumstances.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:17 pm

Thought he was outstanding.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:19 pm

be sold by friday if anyone watched that, he aint going be with us long!!!!

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:20 pm

Impressive debut considering it’s a derby game.

Looks like a good buy

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:21 pm

My MOM.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:22 pm

Hit the ground running as they say, it’s what we should expect from all our incoming players in reality. Couple more trading sessions and games and he’ll be up to speed with the rest of the lads

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:27 pm

64Ninian wrote:Reminds me of Loovens :P

Thought exactly the same. Looked quality

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:28 pm

Great debut. Colwill too did very well when he came on - Tanner and Robbo too. Better game by Rambo today - but Siopis continues to give the ball away far too often.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:29 pm

mugsy wrote:Great debut. Colwill too did very well when he came on - Tanner and Robbo too. Better game by Rambo today - but Siopis continues to give the ball away far too often.

Absolutely agree on Siopis.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:43 pm

Excellent debut still don't rate Chambers :bluebird:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:46 pm

NP20BLUE wrote:
mugsy wrote:Great debut. Colwill too did very well when he came on - Tanner and Robbo too. Better game by Rambo today - but Siopis continues to give the ball away far too often.

Its becoming an issue for me. You can discount half the "duels won" as he originally gave the ball away needlessly. Too often his second touch has to be a tackle. He kills any momentum through the midfield.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Impressed by him today, a good debut.

Good at defending and very confident with the ball at his feet.

Made a couple of mistakes but that’s to be expected when it’s your debut, especially in a derby game.

My Man of the Match, Ned…

Very impressive debut… :clap: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:01 pm

Was looking for a thread about Daland. Really impressive debut I have to say! Siopis is starting to worry me in the middle though. As someone has already said half of the balls he wins he gives away needlessly straight away. Think Rambo deeper and Colwill in the 10 is the answer going forwards

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:17 pm

On that showing it’s looks like we’ve had a massive upgrade on McGuinness and paid less than we sold him for. Great business by the club, credit where credit is due.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:29 pm

Only one game but looks like a great acquisition.

Think he's going to be comfortable coming forward with the ball at his feet.

Maybe he's the new Gary Bennett!!

Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:20 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:On that showing it’s looks like we’ve had a massive upgrade on McGuinness and paid less than we sold him for. Great business by the club, credit where credit is due.

Totally agree. McGuinness was okay, but for that money we had to take it. This Daland looks far more comfortable on the ball. Looks a unit too so if he can show he has the goal threat that McGuinness had then it looks like it could be an upgrade for us

Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:47 pm

Great debut.
Piroet in box was class.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:27 pm

NP20BLUE wrote:

Siopis is hopeless.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 7:30 pm

64Ninian wrote:Reminds me of Loovens :P

Agreed.

However, if you put them both in a room 1000 times, who's coming out 1000 times?

It aint Daland :laughing6:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:23 pm

Big game to come into on your debut - the lad did well and is leading our MOM thread :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:29 pm

bootsandsaddles wrote:Excellent debut still don't rate Chambers :bluebird:

I agree - like to see Daland alongside Goutas who we need for set piece goals. Chambers at right back to release O'Dowda forward?
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:04 am

bootsandsaddles wrote:Excellent debut still don't rate Chambers :bluebird:

Give him time. Decent all-rounder. Played a season for Fulham in midfield as a holding player. Him and Daland will be a good pairing IMO

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:18 am

Very impressive debut particularly in the context of a derby game. He will only get better. Agree with other posters, he reminds me of Loovens who was a fantastic player. It's only one game, but looks like good business by the club.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:14 am

Very impressive and looked quality

Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:04 pm

Liked him. Good debut. Few mistakes, debut in a derby, more to come I sense. Good feet. A talker too

Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:22 pm

Excellent debut, you'd never believe he only arrived last week. Very calm and assured on the ball with a bit of skill thrown in. Looks great bringing the ball out of defence as well. If he was only 1m upfront, it's a steel.