Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kanga - People’s opinions?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:31 am

I personally think there’s a player there, but I think it’s gonna take a bit of time for him to get settled.

I think soon as first one goes in, they will start flying in.

But, what does everyone else think? I know he’s only played a couple of games so far, but I’ve got some people writing him off, others saying there’s something there.

Re: Kanga - People’s opinions?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:39 am

Mostly isolated, ball doesn't get to him quick enough or in the right places.
Needs a 10 or an attacking midfield to open up space for him.
Wrapped by defenders as pace too slow.

Strikers graveyard.

Kanga with those 3 yesterday subs coming on may be dynamite.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:45 am

cardiffboy1995 wrote:I personally think there’s a player there, but I think it’s gonna take a bit of time for him to get settled.

But, what does everyone else think? I know he’s only played a couple of games so far, but I’ve got some people writing him off, others saying there’s something there.

First touch is awful, as is his ball control. He and Meite are very similar. only Meite is quicker.
Neither are good enough for a top 6 team in the Championship IMHO.
We still need two strikers.... :banghead: :banghead:

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:53 am

eddiep wrote:Mostly isolated, ball doesn't get to him quick enough or in the right places.

Strikers graveyard.

A fair assessment

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:02 am

SBF1 wrote:
cardiffboy1995 wrote:I personally think there’s a player there, but I think it’s gonna take a bit of time for him to get settled.

First touch is awful, as is his ball control. He and Meite are very similar. only Meite is quicker.

That’s why they with us. lol.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:04 am

I also think there’s a player in there if he’s given enough service. Hard to judge him or any new attack minded player in a bulut team. Hopefully things change soon and he have his chance to shine with some service.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:11 am

totally pointless in playing him in my opinion, regardless of how good he is.

he is a target man, to get the best out of him, you need out and out wingers on either side, instead we play with inverted inside forwards, which suit better to a 9, like Robinson. Regardless of how he performs with the ball at his feet, he's not very mobile, and i'll use the impact Robinson had when he came on, he pressed from the front, which then had the entire team behind him, pressing. with Kanga he stood off watching the ball go by

Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:16 am

I would rather have Callum Paterson upfront and I am not joking.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:43 am

From what I have seen, he doesn't seem fit enough for this league - he may snatch the odd goal but his lack of mobility will be an issue and shouldn't be a starter. It may sound harsh as its early days and I hope I am wrong, but he just doesn't appear to have the nous to make much of a difference to our scoring stats.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:45 am

He s got no pace looks unfit very poor in closing down we need a mobile no 9

Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:00 am

He’s clearly still working his way to fitness, unfair to judge him on two starts.

Give him credit, he was the only one putting a real press on their defenders in the first half. He was also getting other players to do that at the end of the half.

Was unlucky with his shot that only just went wide.

Problem he has is that Robinson scored a good goal when he came on so may come back into the starting line up against Middlesbrough.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:39 pm

Sory kaba made an impact when he came in with little service.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:41 pm

Lets all start singing we want Reidorf to bulut
the young black lad
he looks a lot more lively

Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:46 pm

Bench player. Come off the bench against tired legs.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:57 pm

Too early to say , do think City fan's live in a fantasy world , how are we going to sign a top end striker , anything good gets snapped up , or your forced to sell if one comes the ranks, or get an ageing ex Premiership lad in .

Jordan Hugiil was the best we had in a while.

What's needed is pace from midfield and wingers , bodies in the box , and hope someone like Kanga hangs out his foot

Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:01 pm

He needs the ball

Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:13 pm

eddiep wrote:Mostly isolated, ball doesn't get to him quick enough or in the right places.

Strikers graveyard.

I was thinking the same mate. He needs attacking players around him, he's totally isolated when he starts a game because of the setup.

Haaland would have struggled in the first half yesterday.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:00 pm

SBF1 wrote:

This - 1000% Correct. Meite is willing but that's as far as his talent goes and Kanga is as far apart from being the striker we need NOW than frogs are from feathers!! We need to either spend some decent money to buy or loan two STRIKERS - not wingers or attacking midfielders but STRIKERS!! :bluebird: :banghead: :bluebird:

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:09 pm

Hes started two games.

Surely we can't judge him off of 2 starts and say how poor he is etc etc?

Hes the only one that presses and tries to get others to press.

Those of you who think he's crap (after judging him on two starts) - who would be your striker that would realistically come here?

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:21 pm

Play him with likes of colwill willock Tanner,the guy was feeding of nothing.
Just reading Neil Maupay not played game for Everton in over a year,May well be worth punt on loan.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:41 pm

He's slow in thought and his acceleration at times is akin to a barge boat. He offers very little in making himself available. I thought that he spends 95% of his time with his back to goal (perhaps a little exaggerated) instead of being available for any kind of run behind the defence. Personally I wouldn't have signed him as he offers nothing that Meite brings to the table.

He'll probably turn out to be one of our best strikers for years as my predictions on football are usually shocking

Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:59 pm

3 competitive games is hard to form a judgement considering the forwards that have bombed because of clubs insistence on loan striker role.... John Charles would have struggle to do anything ..... hopefully as players get accustomed to each other and way play things will improve...... early days yet

Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:23 pm

Not impressed so far, Wilfried Kanga

22 minutes v Sunderland
59 minutes v Bristol Rovers
75 minutes v Burnley
73 minutes v Swansea

Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:03 pm

He was half a foot away from being a Cardiff legend with his shot yesterday. We just need to get him into the right positions and I think he’ll come good. I’ve said that about the last fifteen strikers we’ve had mind.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:41 pm

He's irrelevant in this system. Something has to change.

He had 3 touches in the Jacks box and 2 passes in the final third. This system doesnt feed him or anyone enough.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:55 pm

Parks football for me!! Couldn't believe my eyes when Colwills deflect cross Landed perfectly for a back post header and he was hanging around the penalty spot. Surely a big target man striker would be in the mix like Cullen did for their goal.

Would loved to be proven wrong as he hasn't had much of a chance but he's not for me on current showing.

Where as Willock hasn't done a huge amount either but looks a player and I think he'll end up a big hit.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:18 pm

He hardly had any support yesterday.
I liked the way he created the chance for himself in the first half.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:37 pm

Show pony trotting about. Seen better on dogshit filled pitches with four inch grass on a Sunday morning to be honest. Not even div 2 level so far for me.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:45 pm

A bit too early to say for me, but I was disappointed with his lack of movement and refusal to press.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt for now due to fitness but it needs to improve. Robinson gave us a whole lot more even without his goal.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:49 pm

He went near/mid post on his run for Colwill a cross, if the cross wasn’t deflected he’d have been on the end of it.

Willock should have come in, but stayed out wide. With 1 striker the wingers have to come in far post for scraps, the striker can’t be in both positions he has to make a run