Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Cardiff in the middle of Signing Striker ‘

Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:50 am

RB Salzburg Striker Roko Šimić aged 21

Cardiff City are closing in on securing the signing of Red Bull Salzburg striker Roko Simic on a permanent deal.

The Croatia under-21 international

However, it is understood the plan, at time of writing, for the 21 year-old is to loan him out to Vincent Tans Club KV Kortrijk for the rest of the season. The Hierarchy club see Simic as a long-term solution to Cardiff's striker problem

Tans club Belgium Club are in desperate need of a Striker.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Cardiff in the middle of Signing Striker ‘

Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:56 am

Spoke to Sunderland fans they only looked at him, never tried to sign him and madness again by CCFC Transfer Committee

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:RB Salzburg Striker Roko Šimić aged 21

Cardiff City are closing in on securing the signing of Red Bull Salzburg striker Roko Simic on a permanent deal.

However, it is understood the plan, at time of writing, for the 21 year-old is to loan him out to Vincent Tans Club KV Kortrijk for the rest of the season. The Hierarchy club see Simic as a long-term solution to Cardiff's striker problem

Tan's Welsh club are in desperate need of a striker too!

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:17 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:RB Salzburg Striker Roko Šimić aged 21

Tan's Welsh club are in desperate need of a striker too!

Sadly David, We mean nothing to him.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:18 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:18 pm

Reply:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:28 pm

Surely we only loan him out, IF we bring another striker in :banghead:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:34 pm

Reply:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:39 pm

Not a bad idea, worked for Davies no harm in taking chances for the future, if he turns out good then we are laughing

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:41 pm

Logie wrote:Not a bad idea, worked for Davies no harm in taking chances for the future, if he turns out good then we are laughing

We actually don’t know if it worked for Davies???

Because the Standard in the Championship is higher.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:58 pm

Really weird and doesn’t seem right.

Why sign a striker for decent money and then loan him straight out? I don’t get it.

Belgium is even lower standard than where he’s coming from, never mind the Championship.

If we don’t sign another striker but loan this one out to benefit Tan’s other club, people will rightly not be happy.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:02 pm

Erol Bulut has said he wants a striker in before the deadline and last night

Simic The 6ft 2 inch Striker was sent out on loan to develop his game more and scored 19 league goals in the Austrian second tier on loan at Liefering in the 2021/22 campaign before netting four times in 16 appearances in the Swiss top flight in 2022/23.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:02 pm

Why sign for us if he knows he's going to Belgium league? Very good for his career don't think.... and where is the que of clubs to sign him if not Sunderland? When or if it happens then is time to question the mental state of Tan! Until then reserve judgement due to all the BS posted regarding who we are signing ..

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Really weird and doesn’t seem right.

Why sign a striker for decent money and then loan him straight out? I don’t get it.

Belgium is even lower standard than where he’s coming from, never mind the Championship.

If we don’t sign another striker but loan this one out to benefit Tan’s other club, people will rightly not be happy.

That’s why I am not sure it’s true as it’s only Glen Williams Saying this Ned.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why sign for us if he knows he's going to Belgium league? Very good for his career don't think.... and where is the que of clubs to sign him if not Sunderland? When or if it happens then is time to question the mental state of Tan! Until then reserve judgement due to all the BS posted regarding who we are signing ..

Allan,

It will be interesting to see if true as Glen Williams has said this via Dalman

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why sign for us if he knows he's going to Belgium league? Very good for his career don't think.... and where is the que of clubs to sign him if not Sunderland? When or if it happens then is time to question the mental state of Tan! Until then reserve judgement due to all the BS posted regarding who we are signing ..

Allan,

Personally annis never believe anything other than official notice... but if true it is bizzar situation only thing I can think of he's young but very experienced and Belgian club needs him whilst we have numerous strikers if at moment not performing will he get game time under bulut? Just a thought.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Allan,

Personally annis never believe anything other than official notice... but if true it is bizzar situation only thing I can think of he's young but very experienced and Belgian club needs him whilst we have numerous strikers if at moment not performing will he get game time under bulut? Just a thought.

Allan it’s a very weird one and interesting one, we shall see by Tomorrow.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:21 pm

We are siging 2 strikers if the one doesn't come off tho he will be staying apparently.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:22 pm

Breaking Erol Bulut Speaks on New Striker Signing:

Speaking about the signing of Simic:

“This is a club and Board signing for the future.”

“He will have a loan to Kortrijk.”

“But we still have a little bit of time to get a player in, I hope. But it's not easy. To bring only one in... it has to be the right person.”

“About Roko Simic I cannot speak many things.”

“ It’s a club signing, not mine, so how I know he will get loaned to Kortrijk. Maybe in the future he will be good for Cardiff but for now I cannot say any more."

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Breaking Erol Bulut Speaks on New Striker Signing:

“But we still have a little bit of time to get a player in, I hope. But it's not easy. To bring only one in... it has to be the right person.”

“ It’s a club signing, not mine, so how I know he will get loaned to Kortrijk. Maybe in the future he will be good for Cardiff but for now I cannot say any more."

Where did he say that last night interview?

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Where did he say that last night interview?

I can see Bulut is getting upset by your hero again Tan.

You will see it all in the next hour or so via the media, already met the media today.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:28 pm

hope I will get one in, but until now we haven't been able to manage it," he confirmed.

"How I said about prices, what clubs are asking, what players are asking with their wages is difficult. We want quality players who can help us. We won’t just take a player who will sit on the bench, we want a player who can change a game.”

Sounds like we got a striker lined up .

sounds like they are using the macca money to fund Tans other club >?

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:30 pm

willhenry wrote:sounds like they are using the macca money to fund Tans other club >?

Or the other way round , wonder if there's a loan fee involved to beat ffp.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:30 pm

Erol Bulut:

“I want a "game changer" signing.”

“I hope I will get one in, but until now we haven't been able to manage it," he confirmed.

"How I said about prices, what clubs are asking, what players are asking with their wages is difficult. We want quality players who can help us. We won’t just take a player who will sit on the bench, we want a player who can change a game.”

I thought Bulut said Anwar Was that player??

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Erol Bulut:

“I want a "game changer" signing.”

“I hope I will get one in, but until now we haven't been able to manage it," he confirmed.

I thought Bulut said Anwar Was that player??

Must of missed the bit about Anwar.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:31 pm

What the fck is point of this? A future where bulut might not be involved in if he doesn’t buck his ideas up! I know clubs buy players that doesn’t involve the coach but this guy is proven player doesn’t need to gain experience yet sending him to a substandard team just to hope he improves their fortunes while we go on a wing and prayer we can get the goals from current players....

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:What the fck is point of this? A future where bulut might not be involved in if he doesn’t buck his ideas up! I know clubs buy players that doesn’t involve the coach but this guy is proven player doesn’t need to gain experience yet sending him to a substandard team just to hope he improves their fortunes while we go on a wing and prayer we can get the goals from current players....

Sounds like bulut doesn't want him .