Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING “ EROL BULUT TO BE SACKED “

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:40 pm

I have been told that Erol Bulut has been sacked. Not from someone within the club but have had correct information from this source before - put that together with the Telegraph saying his future is under consideration then it sounds even more like it is correct.

Announcement likely to be made tonight but the decision has been made.

I will hold my hands up if this turns out not to be true but I have 100% trust in this information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING “ EROL BULUT SACKED “

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I have been told that Erol Bulut has been sacked. Not from someone within the club but have had correct information from this source before - put that together with the Telegraph saying his future is under consideration then it sounds even more like it is correct.

I will hold my hands up if this turns out not to be true but I have 100% trust in this information.

Good

Re: BREAKING “ EROL BULUT TO BE SACKED “

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:42 pm

Don’t like seeing managers sacked, but he clearly has no plan b.

Re: BREAKING “ EROL BULUT SACKED “

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I have been told that Erol Bulut has been sacked. Not from someone within the club but have had correct information from this source before - put that together with the Telegraph saying his future is under consideration then it sounds even more like it is correct.

Good

I second that!

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:43 pm

Long over due .

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:44 pm

Don't get too excited,

They will give Purse the job.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:46 pm

Good news but equally sad too. Think Bulut came across as a decent guy and really wanted him to succeed. I am baffled how bad we have been if I am honest. He got no reaction from the team today. A definite sign a manager is finished.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:49 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Good news but equally sad too. Think Bulut came across as a decent guy and really wanted him to succeed. I am baffled how bad we have been if I am honest. He got no reaction from the team today. A definite sign a manager is finished.

The players are not buying into it .

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:49 pm

Purse will be announced as caretaker I'd imagine.

Ramsey has his A license. Give it to him as caretaker and then bring in an experienced championship manager.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:51 pm

As others have said, Bulut come across as a good guy, so I really wanted him to succeed, but it looks done now.

Out of the options available: Slavisa Jovankovic, Nathan Jones.

Maybe a cheeky bid for Will Still? Yes, unlikely as he’s doing a good job at Lens. But, opportunity to come to English football which he’s said he’s always wanted to do. Very positive, young manager. But, would come with a price.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:53 pm

If you time it right you could get russell martin in;) in all seriousness, it seems like from outside you have some decent players in your team which could easily finish top 10/6 but the manager is not making it click

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:54 pm

Yep I’ve been waiting for such a post since FT.

This is the start of sorting the problem out not the solution. Who fancies the challenge?

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:56 pm

Rob Phillips just said Bulut has not been sacked.Make of it what you will.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:56 pm

Nothing against the man personally as he seems like a nice bloke and it's never nice to see somebody lose their job.

However it was another massive mistake by the club ( amongst so many others) to give him a new contract when he was so obviously out of his depth and was incapable of coping with the demands of Championship football.

Should have been sacked at the end of last season.

Should have been sacked before the international break.

If it happens the circus will start again - unfortunately the clowns are still making the decisions.

They've got it wrong so many times who can possibly have confidence in them getting it right?

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:58 pm

Hope so
Please no purse

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:59 pm

stickywicket wrote:Rob Phillips just said Bulut has not been sacked.Make of it what you will.

Fair enough but still have trust in my source that what I have posted is the truth.

They’re also saying that Bulut won’t talk to the press after the game but don’t know if that’s because of the touchline ban.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:59 pm

stickywicket wrote:Rob Phillips just said Bulut has not been sacked.Make of it what you will.

Only way anybody will know for certain is if/when the club announce it

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:01 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:As others have said, Bulut come across as a good guy, so I really wanted him to succeed, but it looks done now.

Out of the options available: Slavisa Jovankovic, Nathan Jones.

Maybe a cheeky bid for Will Still? Yes, unlikely as he’s doing a good job at Lens. But, opportunity to come to English football which he’s said he’s always wanted to do. Very positive, young manager. But, would come with a price.

Tan's turn to pick a manager as Dalman has messed up with Bulut.

No chance Vincent will consider any of those names you mentioned.

Is Slade still free? I bet Steve Morison will be standing by his phone all evening.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:05 pm

Nathan Jones you've been gone to long

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:06 pm

Problem remains
Bulut gets the boot
then club desperate to find anyone
Disagreements will happen between the board and owner wasting weeks in the season
then they will bring in a manager no one knows
then we will be at the same situation with only a different manager

The only way anything will change in the whole club is when Tan leaves us alongside the board.
Otherwise its just replacing a manager with another costing tan the cash replacing them.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:11 pm

davids wrote:Nothing against the man personally as he seems like a nice bloke and it's never nice to see somebody lose their job.

However it was another massive mistake by the club ( amongst so many others) to give him a new contract when he was so obviously out of his depth and was incapable of coping with the demands of Championship football.

If it happens the circus will start again - unfortunately the clowns are still making the decisions.

They've got it wrong so many times who can possibly have confidence in them getting it right?

I don't believe he was out of his depth last season. He won 3 out of the 4 derby games and got us into a respectable finishing position.

Most fans were torn whether he should have his contract renewed but it was generally felt that with new players and a first season of championship football under his belt, he would be fine.

BUT, the lingering doubts we all had was the poor quality his teams produced throughout the season. Unfortunately this has continued but without any positive results to balance it.

So, nice guy or not, he's most definitely not the man to take us forward. But nobody could have forseen how disastrous our start to the season would be.
Last edited by MoodyBluebird on Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:11 pm

I was one of his biggest fans. I was honestly buzzing when we signed him up for two years in the summer and some of his signings . I stand by most of the signings but looks like I was really wrong about bulut. He has to go this is awful I get down before the game even starts knowing what’s going to happen. It’s depressing now. We need a new manager but terrifies me that this will be tans choice after dalman had his go.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:19 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Good news but equally sad too. Think Bulut came across as a decent guy and really wanted him to succeed. I am baffled how bad we have been if I am honest. He got no reaction from the team today. A definite sign a manager is finished.

Spot on from me. Nail on the head.

It hasn't worked. Time to cut the cord.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:19 pm

They will never admit it to the fans.
Until they discussed it with him and negotiate a termination of his contract with compensation.
then they will plan the announcement later.

bulut was at the game so he will either fly or drive back to cardiff or to london to meet memet dalmin.
Last edited by Sam ReaN on Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:20 pm

Rob Phillips says he's spoken to someone at the club, and there is no truth in the rumours.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:21 pm

Reply:

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:21 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Rob Phillips says he's spoken to someone at the club, and there is no truth in the rumours.

Like I said, I have trust in what I’ve been told - I expect Bulut to be gone.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:24 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
davids wrote:Nothing against the man personally as he seems like a nice bloke and it's never nice to see somebody lose their job.

I don't believe he was out of his depth last season. He won 3 out of the 4 derby games and got us into a respectable finishing position.

Most fans were torn whether he should have his contract renewed but it was generally felt that with new players and a first season of championship football under his belt, he would be fine.

BUT, the lingering doubts we all had was the poor quality his teams produced throughout the season. Unfortunately this has continued but without any positive results to balance it.

So, nice guy or not, he's most definitely not the man to take us forward. But nobody could have forseen how disastrous our start to the season would be.

I actually think that it was very easy to foresee how disastrous our start to the season would be when you think back to the way we ended last season.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:24 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Rob Phillips says he's spoken to someone at the club, and there is no truth in the rumours.

Do you think the club would let Rob Phillips know before an official announcement???

I'd assume be a "tell no-one" kind of basis.