Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Hull City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:22 pm

Hull City win (Evens)
44%
Cardiff City win (3/1)
38%
Draw (11/5)
18%

Total votes : 39

MATCH THREAD : " HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:22 pm

HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 28th September, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship - Match 7
MKM Stadium

Very Very Cheap Tickets for Cardiff Fans:

Away end Allocation 2,500

Pay on the day for Cardiff City Fans

Team news

“Yak’s been back in training this week, starting on Monday, and he’s looked strong, looked vibrant.

“Callum Robinson was training anyway, trained this week as well. He’s fit.”

Riza

Winless Cardiff have Struggling Hull City away first, Hull have not Won at home this season.

Millwall and Bristol City before the next international break.

Their are 9pts available their and ALL Winnable games for the Bluebirds.

INJURY NEWS:

Isaak Davies is out till beginning of December.

2019-06-27.jpg

Club Connections

Cody Drameh currently plays for Hull. He was obviously on loan with us during the 2021/22 season.

Rival Players

Kasey Palmer has played for both of our biggest rivals, Bristol City and Swansea.

The Opposition's Manager

Tim Walter was appointed Hull manager this summer. Despite a difficult start to the season, they got their first win last time out at Stoke.

He previously had spells in charge of German clubs such as Stuttgart and Hamburg.

Opposition Dangerous Players

Kasey Palmer has consistently been a good player at this level. He scored his first goal of the season in their win against Stoke.

Mohamed Belloumi is highly rated.

Head To Head 

We have lost all of our last five fixtures with Hull.

The last time we beat them was back in 2020.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Hull City: Pandur, Coyle, Jones, McLoughlin, Drameh, Zambrano, Mehlem, Palmer, Belloumi, Omur, Bedia

Cardiff City: Alnwick, Ng, Chambers, Fish, Collins, Siopis, Ralls, Colwill, Tanner, O’Dowda, Kanga

Last Game

We lost 2-0 at home to Leeds last Saturday.

Hull played away at Stoke the night before and won 3-1.

Match Odds

Hull City - Evens
Cardiff City - 3/1
Draw - 11/5

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: LATEST NEWS " HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:14 pm

Tough game 1-1 going for.

Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:51 am

I think we'll edge it 2-1

:bluescarf:

Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:43 am

It will be very very interesting if some of the players Bulut keeps keeping out of the team really are injured???

Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:44 am

Very Very Cheap Tickets for Cardiff Fans:

Away end Allocation 2,500

Pay on the day for Cardiff City Fans

Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:54 am

“ CARDIFF CITY CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 2024-25 “

10/08/24 Cardiff City 0 Sunderland 2 :cry: Crowd 21,410 Sunderland Fans 2,140

17/08/24 Burnley 5 Cardiff City 0 Crowd 18,508 Away Support 1.149

Sunday 25/08/24 Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 20,174 Away Support 1,480

31/08/24 Cardiff City 0 Middlesbrough 2 Crowd 17,980 Away Support 1,470

14/09/24 Derby County 1 Cardiff City Crowd 28,985 Away Support 1,803

21/09/24 15:00 Cardiff City 0 Leeds United 2 Crowd 23,207 includes 3,251 away fans

28/09/24 15:00 Hull City v Cardiff City

01/10/2024 19:45 Cardiff City v Millwall

Sunday 06/10/24 15:00 Bristol City v Cardiff City

19/10/24 12:30pm Cardiff City v Plymouth Argyle

22/10/2024 - 19:45 - Cardiff City v Portsmouth

26/10/2024 - 15:00 - West Bromwich Albion (a)

02/11/2024 - 15:00 - Norwich City (h)

06/11/2024 - 20:00 Luton Town v Cardiff City
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:04 pm

Drameh man of the match in their last game.

Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:29 pm

Cardiff City will be without defender Joel Bagan at Hull City on Saturday after he was dismissed early on in Saturday's 2-0 defeat at home to Leeds United which left the Bluebirds rooted to the foot of the Championship with manager Erol Bulut sacked 24 hours later.

Bulut's precarious footing finally saw him sacked on Sunday afternoon meaning it'll be the second successive game City have come up against opposition who have dispensed with their manager ahead of their meeting with the Tigers, having encountered Stoke City on Friday night under a new boss, and come away victorious.

Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:55 pm

The Hierarchy’s current plan, it is understood, is for Omer Riza to lead the side until the next international break at least,
while the club take stock, assess their options, review the applications and draw up a shortlist.

Their is much talk at the Club that should Riza do well for 3 games, he will get the managers job till the end of the season.

Winless Cardiff have Struggling Hull City away first, Hull have not Won at home this season.

Millwall and Bristol City before the next international break.

Their are 9pts available their and ALL Winnable games for the Bluebirds.

But should Riza turn Cardiff's fortunes around over the next few weeks, the prospect of him taking the job until at least the end of the season cannot be ruled out and is in the minds of the Hierarchy.

Was Caretaker manager of Leyton Orient in the NON LEAGUE, which he was relieved of.

Managed Chesnut in the Isthmian League.

And Now Cardiff City Caretaker Manager.

Re: TEAM NEWS : " HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:53 pm

I think we will win. Not with a 'new manager bounce' but with a 'no manager bounce'. Yet as far as the players will see it, this man could become their manager. I have no idea what Riza will be like but I wish him well.

Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:57 pm

I think Walter will come good for them. I wanted him at City before he joined Hull.

Tough start he's had, but he's without their star players from last season.

I'm going for a Draw. We should be a slightly different team, but Riza isn't going to get them to change enough I don't think in just one week.

Hope I'm wrong.

Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:22 pm

Hull City are ‘expected’ to announce the signing of Joao Pedro over the coming days, according to HullLive reporter Barry Cooper on X.

Hull City are poised to seal a free transfer deal for the attacker following his exit from Fenerbahce. They are back in Championship action this weekend against Cardiff City at home following their 3-1 away win at Stoke City last time out.

Joao Pedro, 32, saw his contract with his previous club expire this past summer and he has since been weighing up his options as a free agent.

In this latest update regarding the Tigers’ pursuit of him, journalist Cooper has said on X that he is still on course to move to East Yorkshire, despite talk of a move going quiet over recent days.

If his move does get completed, he will give Tim Walter more competition and depth up top along with Chris Bedia and Mason Burstow.

Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:40 am

Don’t fancy us at all in this one hull just back off their first win

Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:42 am

Hull to win

Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:58 am

Hull City’s manager is Tim Walter, who was appointed back in May on a three-year deal.

Hull City have Not Won a Home game this season.

His coaching career began with German side Karlsruher SC, where he was the assistant of Markus Kauczinski in their U19s team.

He went on to have coaching roles of the U15s, U17s and U19s, prior to being appointed manager of Bayern Munich’s reserve team in 2017.

Continuing his rise, Walter was named manager of Holstein Kiel, leading the club to an impressive sixth-place finish in the second tier, which earned him a move to Stuttgart in June 2019.

He was sacked by Die Roten in the December of that year despite being third in the table and went on to manage Hamburger SV after more than a year without the club.

During his time at Hamburger, the side lost out in the Play-Offs in both of his first two seasons.

Since moving to Hull City, the Tigers have struggled for form, winning just once from seven matches in all competitions.

Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:03 pm

I'll go for a 0 - 0

Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:11 pm

Team news

“Yak’s been back in training this week, starting on Monday, and he’s looked strong, looked vibrant.

“Callum Robinson was training anyway, trained this week as well. He’s fit.”

Riza

Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:14 pm

Ahead of the clash with the Bluebirds, Hull City have secured the services of former Cagliari forward Joao Pedro on a free transfer until the end of the season, with an option to extend for another year.

The 32-year-old Brazilian enjoyed an eight-year stint with the Sardinian club, netting 84 goals in 255 league appearances before moving to Fenerbahce in 2022.

Pedro, who holds Italian citizenship, earned one cap for Italy's national team in 2022 after representing Brazil at Under-17 level.

His last competitive outing was in July during a loan spell with Brazilian outfit Gremio. He was let go by Fenerbahce in the summer following a tally of five goals in 28 matches during his time in Turkey.

Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:52 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:Ahead of the clash with the Bluebirds, Hull City have secured the services of former Cagliari forward Joao Pedro on a free transfer until the end of the season, with an option to extend for another year.

The 32-year-old Brazilian enjoyed an eight-year stint with the Sardinian club, netting 84 goals in 255 league appearances before moving to Fenerbahce in 2022.

Pedro, who holds Italian citizenship, earned one cap for Italy's national team in 2022 after representing Brazil at Under-17 level.

His last competitive outing was in July during a loan spell with Brazilian outfit Gremio. He was let go by Fenerbahce in the summer following a tally of five goals in 28 matches during his time in Turkey.

Not the player he was, according to stats; but clearly going to be a threat, if he plays or comes on…

I’d take a draw today; but with the change at the top, we can win; and I hope the ‘new manager bounce’ applies to us for once…! :ayatollah:

Re: MATCH THREAD : " HULL CITY v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:15 pm

I'll go for a 2-0 win for cardiff because I'm an idiot

Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:26 pm

kyle08 wrote:I'll go for a 2-0 win for cardiff because I'm an idiot

We love positivity and enthusiasm, Kyle…! :clap: :( :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:31 pm

We should win against a weak Hull team.

I'll be very disappointed if we lose.

Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Quite excited to see the line up, our approach and the style of play. I’m sure the excitement will be gone by 14:01.

Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:09 pm

More crosses so far than the last 5 games added together.

Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:14 pm

The Bluebirds intent seems clear from the off; and they get their first corner…

Forgotten Cody Drameh was now at Hull; I thought he’d do better than that after he was with us…

LATEST SCORE: HULL CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (11 mins)

Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:17 pm

I'm liking the higher press aswell I was sick of watching us sit back

Still cannot pass more than 3 times. The lack of quality.

A good opportunity for Hull is shepherded away for a Hull corner. The resulting cross is sent out and a stinging shot is sent over the bar…

Hull now on the attack but good defending from Will Fish, who is already on a yellow card…

LATEST SCORE: HULL CITY 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (15 mins)

Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Yessssss callum robinson 1-0!!!!! We scored a goalllll

Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:18 pm

1-0 CITY :bluebird: