Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Iain Moody Suspended "

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Hope we get an official statement from the club soon. Don't want this dragging out to long. We were doing so well up until the newcastle game and starting to find our feet in the premier league. Then all this stuff about the row over player bonuses comes out and now this tonight. What's next ffs. Really disheartening.

spot on but all could be a storm in a tea cup and blow over in days :thumbup:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:49 pm

wez1927 wrote:
TheBluebirdsMovement wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Anyone who defends Tan now is clueless.

Definitely the turning point for me, regarding him.

Tan out.

Not at all. I am not defending but merely stating that he's changed this club for the best whether anyone likes it or not. A sacking of a head of transfers role is a turning point over throwing away a 108 year tradition? Absolutely laughable how people are reacting over it. We don't exactly know how important Moody's job was, he's made some mistakes, made some great decisions, sometimes change is good sometimes change is bad. The 23 year old who has been appointed may not have been appointed as well, we will all have to wait and see what happens and even then we won't know the real story. But Tan has made us grow at a rapid speed and for some it's too much. Football is a business and to be successful you have to make some radical decisions, Tan owns the club, he makes the decisions. Commolli got a shit load of abuse for sacking Adkins, now look at Saints.

agree with you :thumbup:

I'm glad so pal :thumbup: A lot of things are blown out of the water, the media is blowing this up just like the bonus saga just to get at de-moralising clubs, for example QPR had it bad from the start, Hughes was sacked due to being hounded out by players, the media and everyone etc! Sounds silly but people can early pay off media sectors to make another club look bad, it's not just football nowadays, there's politics, money and media that comes into it. The fans are the ones who know the least!
I hope it all cools down though, we as fans didn't know how important he was, if performances dip and we perform badly then maybe we can understand a bad decision was made but too many are jumping the gun

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Not at all. I am not defending but merely stating that he's changed this club for the best whether anyone likes it or not. A sacking of a head of transfers role is a turning point over throwing away a 108 year tradition? Absolutely laughable how people are reacting over it. We don't exactly know how important Moody's job was, he's made some mistakes, made some great decisions, sometimes change is good sometimes change is bad. The 23 year old who has been appointed may not have been appointed as well, we will all have to wait and see what happens and even then we won't know the real story. But Tan has made us grow at a rapid speed and for some it's too much. Football is a business and to be successful you have to make some radical decisions, Tan owns the club, he makes the decisions. Commolli got a shit load of abuse for sacking Adkins, now look at Saints.

It's not the sacking of one individual that's the problem, it's the fact that he has seen fit to replace him with someone who has no knowledge of football altogether...

He is now starting to tinker with the footballing side, when he hasn't got a clue. Any good owner leaves the football side to the football staff.

Many "put up" with the rebrand because he didn't interfere with anything else, but now he has.

:thumbup:

How do people know it wasn't our Chairman who made the decision and not the Owner? People moaned that Tan was too distanced before and now he attends most of our games if not all and people complain that he's too hands on!!

Yes! And these are probably the same people who wanted Scam in because he was a 'football man', the irrational behaviour of City fans is beyond belief. Let's wait and see what happens before jumping to any rash conclusions

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Tan out.

I'm glad so pal :thumbup: A lot of things are blown out of the water, the media is blowing this up just like the bonus saga just to get at de-moralising clubs, for example QPR had it bad from the start, Hughes was sacked due to being hounded out by players, the media and everyone etc! Sounds silly but people can early pay off media sectors to make another club look bad, it's not just football nowadays, there's politics, money and media that comes into it. The fans are the ones who know the least!
I hope it all cools down though, we as fans didn't know how important he was, if performances dip and we perform badly then maybe we can understand a bad decision was made but too many are jumping the gun

jumping the gun is a common theme recently on this forum ;)

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:56 pm

wez1927 wrote:
blooobirds wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blooobirds wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
wez1927 wrote:hes been at the club for months and it says acting which doesn't mean hes got the job yet does it ????????? i will wait for official statements and facts not gossip on a message board that loves a dig at anything that gos on at the club especially what you love to do :roll: i wonder sometimes if you suport cardiff or just like to slag us off all the time ?

He hasn't been at the club in that role for certain. :roll:

IF Malky was selecting a replacement, he wouldn't have gone with a total rookie... You can put your life on it.

What, so because I happen to be against our lunatic chairman, I'm not a Cardiff fan? Pathetic.

all you do is slag Cardiff off ive never seen a positive post from you on this site just saying ;)

Tan's interfering with the footballing side of things, he's refused to honour his word to the players, he's now sacked Malky's right hand man and has appointed an unknown inexperienced replacement and you're still arse licking Tan. Hardly a positive post from you, is it?

Funny to think, a lot of people were against protesting because it might upset and affect the players :laughing6:

how are my arse licking tan ?????????? ive said earlier in this thread that i will wait until all fact s to come out official statements and what borley has to say and not to just believe gossip on a message board that loves bashing the club at every opportunity

But how is sticking up and supporting the players, Malky and his backroom staff bashing the Club? Tan is not the club.

i dont know whats gone on and tbh nor do you ? moody might have been right out of line and done something wrong or might have not but i will get the facts and make my own mind up and not just jump on the bandwagon to bash the club? ,tan/borley/lim or who ever has made the decision to get rid of moody ffs maybe malky has had a falling out with him ? he might be back in his job in a few day hes only been suspended at the moment and most people on here think its the end of the world ,maybe he been speaking to other clubs?

Deep down you must know this isn't the case. It's obvious that Tan wants all 'yes' men on board and anyone who stands up to him or simply questions his decisions will be sacked. He's a dictator, it was always going to happen. That's the reason why the outspoken directors have been shown the door and the yes men remain. Unfortunately, this is the start of a few shit months for Cardiff.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:00 am

Natman Blue wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

It's not the sacking of one individual that's the problem, it's the fact that he has seen fit to replace him with someone who has no knowledge of football altogether...

He is now starting to tinker with the footballing side, when he hasn't got a clue. Any good owner leaves the football side to the football staff.

Many "put up" with the rebrand because he didn't interfere with anything else, but now he has.

:thumbup:

How do people know it wasn't our Chairman who made the decision and not the Owner? People moaned that Tan was too distanced before and now he attends most of our games if not all and people complain that he's too hands on!!

Yes! And these are probably the same people who wanted Scam in because he was a 'football man', the irrational behaviour of City fans is beyond belief. Let's wait and see what happens before jumping to any rash conclusions

Exactly, City fans will jump the gun at everything, they NEVER want to believe everything is good. Heck even in blue when everything looked bright, a tint had to be taken off it! Scam's never a football man, he's a f*cking lunatic who shouldn't be anywhere near our club but because of his stubborness we've had to allow him on board. We don't know the story exactly, all we know is someone's lost their job/been suspended

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:01 am

blooobirds wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blooobirds wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
blooobirds wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
wez1927 wrote:hes been at the club for months and it says acting which doesn't mean hes got the job yet does it ????????? i will wait for official statements and facts not gossip on a message board that loves a dig at anything that gos on at the club especially what you love to do :roll: i wonder sometimes if you suport cardiff or just like to slag us off all the time ?

He hasn't been at the club in that role for certain. :roll:

IF Malky was selecting a replacement, he wouldn't have gone with a total rookie... You can put your life on it.

What, so because I happen to be against our lunatic chairman, I'm not a Cardiff fan? Pathetic.

all you do is slag Cardiff off ive never seen a positive post from you on this site just saying ;)

Tan's interfering with the footballing side of things, he's refused to honour his word to the players, he's now sacked Malky's right hand man and has appointed an unknown inexperienced replacement and you're still arse licking Tan. Hardly a positive post from you, is it?

Funny to think, a lot of people were against protesting because it might upset and affect the players :laughing6:

how are my arse licking tan ?????????? ive said earlier in this thread that i will wait until all fact s to come out official statements and what borley has to say and not to just believe gossip on a message board that loves bashing the club at every opportunity

But how is sticking up and supporting the players, Malky and his backroom staff bashing the Club? Tan is not the club.

i dont know whats gone on and tbh nor do you ? moody might have been right out of line and done something wrong or might have not but i will get the facts and make my own mind up and not just jump on the bandwagon to bash the club? ,tan/borley/lim or who ever has made the decision to get rid of moody ffs maybe malky has had a falling out with him ? he might be back in his job in a few day hes only been suspended at the moment and most people on here think its the end of the world ,maybe he been speaking to other clubs?

Deep down you must know this isn't the case. It's obvious that Tan wants all 'yes' men on board and anyone who stands up to him or simply questions his decisions will be sacked. He's a dictator, it was always going to happen. That's the reason why the outspoken directors have been shown the door and the yes men remain. Unfortunately, this is the start of a few shit months for Cardiff.

all i know deep down is this season is the best weve had in 50 odd years and we are going forward on and off the field maybe he has got yes men but we are where we are, down to tans money and his backing of malky ,moody is just back room staff if he sacked malky thats a different case but how many back room staff come and go ,like i said moody may of down something wrong malky may have agreed with this suspension

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:02 am

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Tan out.

jumping the gun is a common theme recently on this forum ;)

Agreed entirely pal :lol: An example being that our badge was going to be all red because Annis saw training gear with an all red badge on, despite the training gear being on sale for some time :lol:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:15 am

If he has been suspended for no apparent reason then he csn take the club to court surely

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:29 am

Cracks appearing so early in the season ain't good

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:36 am

Think malky will walk or even sacked by end of November...

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:46 am

VT OUT

Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:54 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:If only the English league football clubs followed the Germans, 80% owned by fans (something like 80%).

I'm getting fed up of foreign owners.

Judging by 80% of the numpties that post on here we'd be in League two.

First post of yours I agree with!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:01 am

Nothing to do with Sam Hammam being back at the club either then ?????

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:05 am

Perhaps Tans pissed off Moody wasted nearly 4m on Velonijka and Brayford.

Or further still spent 35m in the summer and didnt really make any difference to our attacking optionss

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:26 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:Perhaps Tans pissed off Moody wasted nearly 4m on Velonijka and Brayford.

Or further still spent 35m in the summer and didnt really make any difference to our attacking optionss

Can't blame him really polo you could be right. Everyone jumping on the band wagon slagging tan off but if it were my money and millions was getting wasted on players like Brayford velikonja and maybe even cornelius? Then I would sack head of recruitment too.
Don't really know what's exactly happening so ill reserve judgement on tan until the facts come out.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 am

So the first line reads Moody has been suspended. The next paragraph says he has left his post.

So if he has been suspended it can only be over a disciplinary issue, in which case the club will follow the appropriate procedures.

If he has left his post, then that is his own decision and nobody elses.

This new guy is only in the role in an acting capacity, presumably until Malky finds a replacement.

As with most stories on here and WOL im gonna wait for a club statement to hear the actual facts and pass judgement then.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 am

Could this be linked to the bonus row in any way?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:53 am

People adding two and two and running out of fingers.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:58 am

TheBluebirdsMovement wrote:Anyone but Redknapp

Why not redknapp ?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 am

I think your all missing the point and again blowing things out of proportion.

'However, Tan wants somebody else at the helm with Apsalyamov given the chance in an acting capacity following Moody’s shock suspension, the reasons for which not known'

The quote from the same article states 'Acting Capacity', this I am sure is time for Malky to look for alternatives. Yes Malky was close to Ian Moody but until the club release a full and accurate response, ill just wait and see what news come out of the club later today.

None of us for one second know's and understand the reasons as to why this has happened, being suspended by a club can mean a lot of things, disciplinary? has moody broken club or league rules? who knows but im sure a member of staff regardless of Tans power in the boardroom would he be allowed to simply cut the strings of a high thought of member of staff. There are rules in place, this is 2013 you cant simply say sorry mate, it aint working out. There will be reasons for this im sure but don't threaten what has been a great start to the season regardless of the Newcastle result. I bet the BU are already planning an invasion before anyone knows whats happened to Moody.

Don't take this the wrong way but this site simply thrives on articles and issues relating to our club, lets just wait until the club make a statement and depending on that, we can see who is right AND wrong.

But to dive on the re-brand and criticize Tan's running of the club until a press release is sent out, its just unprofessional and simply nothing to do with us fans, its simply an internal matter and one that has an outcome.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:07 am

Ninianparkspecial wrote:I've been to Malaysia quite a few times and had dealings with a few wealthy and powerful people over there. It is a culture that panders to the rich and powerful, who in turn tend to expect everyone to jump when they say so. I've seen it close up
Tan's behavior is very typical of how he he would conduct himself back home and unfortunately he has no comprehension of how that behaviour is perceived in the UK particularly in the world of football. He has made no attempt to understand the British football culture or tradition, or the tradition of Cardiff City. At home everyone would say "Yes sir No sir". That's what he has had all his life in every company he owns and it's what he wants from Cardiff City. He is shooting himself in the foot and doesn't seem to know or care about what he is doing.

Oh please. Thats not exclusive to Malaysia theres plenty of British business people who act like that.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 am

He used to sit a few seats away from me

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:19 am

Grange End Red wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:Perhaps Tans pissed off Moody wasted nearly 4m on Velonijka and Brayford.

Can't blame him really polo you could be right. Everyone jumping on the band wagon slagging tan off but if it were my money and millions was getting wasted on players like Brayford velikonja and maybe even cornelius? Then I would sack head of recruitment too.
Don't really know what's exactly happening so ill reserve judgement on tan until the facts come out.

two sensible post on this thread ,you look who we m,missed out on as well maybe hes doing a crap job at the minute and cant close a deal ;)

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:22 am

There will be some egg on some faces on this thread if Moody has been suspended because of some gross misconduct.

Lets hope he hasnt molested one of the female staff or trainees eh.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:There will be some egg on some faces on this thread if Moody has been suspended because of some gross misconduct.

In which case, a suitable replacement should be selected by Mackay. Not some guy with no football knowledge drafted in because he's Tan's son's mate.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:27 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:There will be some egg on some faces on this thread if Moody has been suspended because of some gross misconduct.

In which case, a suitable replacement should be selected by Mackay. Not some guy with no football knowledge drafted in because he's Tan's son's mate.

Barry the article clearly states 'Acting Capacity' lets just wait for a club statement before we all guess and make stuff up.

Like Polo said, maybe Moody has broken rules at the club, people would look rather stupid if this is the case rather than just blaming Tan.

Wait, just wait.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:29 am

I'm well aware of that, I can read. :thumbup:

I'm not on about what Moody has done, maybe the decision to suspend him was over Malky's head... But to drop a Chap in with no footballing experience at all & one that just happens to be mates with tan's son.... Is totally wrong.

Even when someone is acting up for a job, they should be suitable qualified. Especially as January transfer window could be crucial to is this season.

Makes no bones about it, Mackay would definitely not have chosen him - therefore it's Tan's meddling.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:29 am

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Barry the article clearly states 'Acting Capacity' lets just wait for a club statement before we all guess and make stuff up.

Like Polo said, maybe Moody has broken rules at the club, people would look rather stupid if this is the case rather than just blaming Tan.

Wait, just wait.

Doesnt suit his agenda fella.

Lets just wait and see what comes out in the wash and then line Tan up against the wall if needs be.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:31 am

Mario Polotelli wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Wait, just wait.

Doesnt suit his agenda fella.

Lets just wait and see what comes out in the wash and then line Tan up against the wall if needs be.

I feel if this is the case, all hell is gonna break loose and could seriously jeopardize our reason and the clubs standing.