Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Blue Boxing Day Protest "

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:45 pm

City Slicker wrote:Spiv lol

'lucky red'

Re: Boxing Day protest

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:he's crossed the line now, making our club a laughing stock!

We have been a laughing stock since his rebrand mate .

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:12 pm

I've worn Red since the change of the kit.....from here on it will be Blue. :malky:

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:06 am

I love Cardiff City. My first job was selling programmes at the club when I was a fifteen-year-old boy. I now live in China and only get to see games at Christmas when I come home, so what I am about to propose will really hurt me but I think it’s the only thing that we can do.

This is the best time in the history of the club to be a Cardiff fan yet we are being mocked far and wide. Mr. Tan must understand that we are extremely grateful for his investment in both the club and in our community. However, we also need him to understand our collective frustration. As we have seen with many clubs who’ve gone bankrupt or had to take on massive debts at the expense of new owners, songs, scarves, message board comments and even protests achieve nothing.

I therefore propose that every Cardiff fan foregoes their ticket on Boxing Day. A stadium with only away fans will make a united statement that will resonate around the world.

I understand that some people will fear that there is no way of being sure who, come the day will join me in my absence. To make things fair, I propose that unless we get 10,000 names and emails on the below document, we all attend and resign ourselves to what may come. If however, we can get 10,000 Bluebirds to pledge to being united in our absence then let’s carry out our inaction and send a message to the world.

If we succeed, I suggest that we carry on not attending until Mr. Tan states his public support for probably the greatest manager our club has even known.

I love my club, as I’m sure you do too. Only together can we save it.

Gareth Jones
Gelefu47@gmail.com

http://tinyurl.com/BoxingDayNoShowILoveCardiff

Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:The Mancs are on to it as well

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/malky-mackay.381079/#post-14686824

Interesting read Cheers :thumbup:

The only good thing to come out of this fiasco is the condemnation from other club's supporters and managers, which just highlights how much respect there is for Malky and Bluebirds and how much loathing there is for Tan and his ilk.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Could someone make me a banner for the protest because im not very good at them

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:13 pm

No more infighting and divisions!

All for 1 and 1 for all

If 3000 can do that in an away stadium,then surely a full house can send the message through to tan :thumbup:

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:16 pm

No one wear red all blue

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:28 pm

llanishen bluebird wrote:No one wear red all blue

Did you notice, Tan had a blue shirt on today..

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Ye I did notice

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:57 pm

llanishen bluebird wrote:Ye I did notice

Taking the piss i thought.. :lol:

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:04 pm

gelefu wrote:I love Cardiff City. My first job was selling programmes at the club when I was a fifteen-year-old boy. I now live in China and only get to see games at Christmas when I come home, so what I am about to propose will really hurt me but I think it’s the only thing that we can do.

This is the best time in the history of the club to be a Cardiff fan yet we are being mocked far and wide. Mr. Tan must understand that we are extremely grateful for his investment in both the club and in our community. However, we also need him to understand our collective frustration. As we have seen with many clubs who’ve gone bankrupt or had to take on massive debts at the expense of new owners, songs, scarves, message board comments and even protests achieve nothing.

I therefore propose that every Cardiff fan foregoes their ticket on Boxing Day. A stadium with only away fans will make a united statement that will resonate around the world.

I understand that some people will fear that there is no way of being sure who, come the day will join me in my absence. To make things fair, I propose that unless we get 10,000 names and emails on the below document, we all attend and resign ourselves to what may come. If however, we can get 10,000 Bluebirds to pledge to being united in our absence then let’s carry out our inaction and send a message to the world.

If we succeed, I suggest that we carry on not attending until Mr. Tan states his public support for probably the greatest manager our club has even known.

I love my club, as I’m sure you do too. Only together can we save it.

Gareth Jones
Gelefu47@gmail.com

http://tinyurl.com/BoxingDayNoShowILoveCardiff

Disagree sorry
Our team and manager need our support more than ever. As was seen today you can still attend the game and make your feelings clear and known.
You have just stated that you only attend at Xmas so it's a little bit easier for you to boycott if your out of the country but the majority just back the team and the manager

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:33 pm

wkdblue wrote:

You can stick a strawberry on a turd but it still stinks of shit.

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Grumpyguts wrote:
wkdblue wrote:

You can stick a strawberry on a turd but it still stinks of shit.

:lol:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 am

What is the purpose of this protest, is it a don't sack malky, tan out or return to blue?

Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 am

Tan Out wrote:What is the purpose of this protest, is it a don't sack malky, tan out or return to blue?

All of the above :lol: But two out of three not bad. Tan sees the error of his ways and makes it up with Malky and backs him in Jan. Then announces that we are returning to blue next season.

Re: " BLUE BOXING DAY PROTEST "

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:42 am

I will be there - DICTATOR TAN OUT :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:55 am

Just my opinion but I'd rather keep tan and sack malky if we could go back to blue with the proper badge. To me it all seems a bit messy a protest about lots of issues where it should be a protest with a sole focus on achieving one specific thing. Get the old kit back and let the fans unite.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:11 pm

In 2010 I welcomed TG, but then Tan joined and stripped us of our identity, then that was enough for me and I could not support him, I never bought red,I never wore it or endorsed it, I just supported my Team Cardiff City as I have done for 41 yrs. At Liverpool I was proud again of our fans. " BOXING DAY 1pm OUTSIDE THE STADIUM ENTRANCE " BLUE BLUE BLUE & TAN OUT. The Worlds Media will be there, U be there.

" WE ARE CARDIFF CITY WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:In 2010 I welcomed TG, but then Tan joined and stripped us of our identity, then that was enough for me and I could not support him, I never bought red,I never wore it or endorsed it, I just supported my Team Cardiff City as I have done for 41 yrs. At Liverpool I was proud again of our fans. " BOXING DAY 1pm OUTSIDE THE STADIUM ENTRANCE " BLUE BLUE BLUE & TAN OUT. The Worlds Media will be there, U be there.

" WE ARE CARDIFF CITY WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE " :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So, I'm trying to understand what supporters like yourself now want. Are you happy for VT to leave the club, with all the ramifications that would bring? I.e he calls in the loans, the inevitable fire sale occurs and we end up in admin?

Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:In 2010 I welcomed TG, but then Tan joined and stripped us of our identity, then that was enough for me and I could not support him, I never bought red,I never wore it or endorsed it, I just supported my Team Cardiff City as I have done for 41 yrs. At Liverpool I was proud again of our fans. " BOXING DAY 1pm OUTSIDE THE STADIUM ENTRANCE " BLUE BLUE BLUE & TAN OUT. The Worlds Media will be there, U be there.

So, I'm trying to understand what supporters like yourself now want. Are you happy for VT to leave the club, with all the ramifications that would bring? I.e he calls in the loans, the inevitable fire sale occurs and we end up in admin?

U already know what I want Our Identity back/our Self Respect/Our Pride :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:03 pm

Annis how come you've never known bout the Isaacs stuff Daya is on about??

Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

U already know what I want Our Identity back/our Self Respect/Our Pride :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We all want to blue and badge back, but at the expense of driving VT out and the inevitable admin that would eventually follow?

Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

We all want to blue and badge back, but at the expense of driving VT out and the inevitable admin that would eventually follow?

I am not one of these fans, who wants Premier League before our identity. Our club will always survive as long as there fans, thats what counts, Ive been there many times when our club has been at deaths door and u were all told lies last time, it was never ever Red or Dead.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:48 pm

I am just happy there appears to be dialogue now. hopefully they can sort something out and we can then move on to supporting the team in the next two massive home games.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:52 pm

El Tel wrote:I am just happy there appears to be dialogue now. hopefully they can sort something out and we can then move on to supporting the team in the next two massive home games.

What dialogue is that you speak off or are you referring to the media spin thats just been put out to keep the heat off for now, only a sucker would believe that we seen it all before if there wasnt a backlash sat at liverpool there would be no such dialogue mentioned in this latest release of bullshit media spin by tan

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:14 pm

If it could be arranged for a plane carrying a banner stating "keep Cardiff blue" to circle the cc stadium before a high profile televised match I'm sure it would get picked up on tv and embaress tan and get the message across. I think you can hire them for about £500. Or if a plane was to come past and release blue smoke above the ground. I'm sure one of these groups (bu or kcb) could raise the funds and get national exposure whilst enduring tan gets to see it rather than a billboard that he'll never get to see

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
El Tel wrote:I am just happy there appears to be dialogue now. hopefully they can sort something out and we can then move on to supporting the team in the next two massive home games.

What dialogue is that you speak off or are you referring to the media spin thats just been put out to keep the heat off for now, only a sucker would believe that we seen it all before if there wasnt a backlash sat at liverpool there would be no such dialogue mentioned in this latest release of bullshit media spin by tan

I thought it was Dalman who gave the update to the media not Tan.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Right behind the protest but fear a large gang of kids chanting abuse and vitriol at Tan which will get us nowhere and may even make things worse. A positive protest with everyone in blue chanting 'We'll always be blue" and "Don't sack Mackay" would be far more effective.
Let's not forget who's money got us here it's not Tan out but a new sensible, intelligent Tan prepared to listen to reason and advice from those who know better.
He's shown he can bow to pressure so let's step up the pressure not the abuse, let's make him understand - as per the song.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:

I thought it was Dalman who gave the update to the media not Tan.