Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT/STATEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:11 pm

Think my invite got lost in the post. Blue home, red away and the Bluebird on the badge. Sort out debt to equity too . Not going to Norwich but will be at Sheffield . Enjoyed our chat at Bournemouth Anis.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:13 pm

On the surface this is a good thing, but the cynic in me fears that its just a publicity stunt by the club to offer bribes and that the elephant in the room wiil not be addressed.

Those present for me need to make it absolutely clear that No Blue No Renew is a very real threat if they do not address the rebrand that has ripped the heart out of this club.

Any other tit bits they throw at us they should be thanked for but politely and firmly told that they will not have any impact on supporters views until the club address the fundemental issue that is destroying this football club!

What this does show though, and the positive for me, is that direct action IS having an effect so we must absolutely not back down now.

A football club is nothing without its fans and Mr Choo and Mr Dalman need to leave the meeting clear on this!

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:14 pm

TERRYB wrote:
joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

Jon, are you saying that the group who led the way from the beginning, Bluebirds Unite, won't be represented? TEZA :bluescarf:

I believe Sian is going, and I have now had an invite from Wayne Nash myself, so there will be at least 2 of us from the commitee even if BU themselves weren't invited as a group ;)

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:16 pm

joncandy wrote:
TERRYB wrote:
joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

Jon, are you saying that the group who led the way from the beginning, Bluebirds Unite, won't be represented? TEZA :bluescarf:

I believe Sian is going, and I have now had an invite from Wayne Nash myself, so there will be at least 2 of us from the commitee even if BU themselves weren't invited as a group ;)
with you are Sian going isn't that bu ? With only 40 people going did you expect more ?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:28 pm

joncandy wrote:
TERRYB wrote:

But I've never heard of you or her, why are you going...etc...etc... :sleepy2: Let's hope that whoever has been asked to go puts across the feelings of the fans in an articulate way. Hopefully we'll get some reasonable answers.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:28 pm

i have a strange feeling that certain people who go will come out, telling fans to back down and to hold off any protests ect, because i can see the club trying to bribe some fans and some will accept

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:31 pm

If the club care that much Mr Tan would be there himself.

Back to blue with our proper badge or no meaning.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 pm

I hope the 40 are more reasonable and willing to discuss and listen than most responding to this thread.

Most responses have shot the meeting down before its even started.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Skewett wrote:I hope the 40 are more reasonable and willing to discuss and listen than most responding to this thread.

Most responses have shot the meeting down before its even started.

TBH I thought most responses were quite positive. Along the lines of 'at least the club are acknowledging there is a problem '.

There's always a few who want to knock.

It's a small step forward.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:Full reversal of horrific rebrand, no compromise.

Red and blue is as alien to CCFC as red and white. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

I'd also like to see the meeting fully minuted & then those minutes made publicly available, so that EVERY fan can see what those who supposedly represent the fans have said & the club's official responses.

The cynic in me says that you will get the party answer every time, let us hope not.

100% on all of the above Barry . The meeting needs to be properly minuted so those who can't attend can effectively see what is being said on their behalf . The agenda should solely be focused on the rebrand and not clouded by side issues.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:05 pm

northside of risca wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Full reversal of horrific rebrand, no compromise.

Red and blue is as alien to CCFC as red and white. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

I'd also like to see the meeting fully minuted & then those minutes made publicly available, so that EVERY fan can see what those who supposedly represent the fans have said & the club's official responses.

The cynic in me says that you will get the party answer every time, let us hope not.

100% on all of the above Barry . The meeting needs to be properly minuted so those who can't attend can effectively see what is being said on their behalf . The agenda should solely be focused on the rebrand and not clouded by side issues.

agree with this , I just hope there are not many pro reds going as they do not reflect the majority of fans views they are a minority

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:12 pm

sanctum of blue wrote:People are mentioning/demanding a compromise,

so if he agrees to turn us back to blue with one of our original badges

What do we give in return??

Full support, I imagine this will see us going up next season hence a return on his investment. A better chance at least.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:15 pm

joncandy wrote:
TERRYB wrote:

Don't know why your going to be fair, much more deserving fans. Maybe they need a photographer. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Annis, please get them to pass on to Mr Tan that he could become a hero if he reversed the rebrand.
In the footballing world and the media not just South Wales.
There would be no more 'Tan out' banners, but 'thank you Tan' banners!
They need to massage his ego. It might just work!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust,Corky, Sian Branson,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Why is Gwyn invited he should not be there, the rams no longer exist so who is he representing

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Who are the 40 fans i want to know :?

Its my birthday on Thursday, I'll go, back to blue will be a perfect present :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust,Corky, Sian Branson,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Why is Gwyn invited he should not be there, the rams no longer exist so who is he representing

Agree with this .

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

he supports the rebrand doesn't he? If he does then he shouldn't go really as he doesn't represent the majority of fans views

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:27 pm

I want full minutes on this meeting, no question dodging or talk of compromise of kit colour and badge, or let's get to the Premiership and then see what happens nonsense. It's a return to blue and the badge reinstated, red seats removed, then I am happy to give Tan my season ticket money.

Then later on discuss debt to equity and the swopping of family and canton stands.

I fear that it's just PR gone wrong, and a punt by Tan to block protests, at best it will be compromise for a red and blue striped kit as a reward for getting back to the prem.

There shouldn't be a meeting, Tan should just reverse the rebrand end of. I want Malaysia gone from CCfC for good, because there will be no reversal or no compromise its just PR.
:bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:31 pm

The fact that this meeting is taking place at all is recognition of a change of thinking within the club.
No doubt the recent escalation in anti red sentiment is a key factor as is the realisation within senior management that the club is suffering commercially. The deserted stadium on Friday was a vision of what the future could look like.

Tan Sri will not be there but make no mistake this meeting would not have happened without his blessing. The local management at the club have been very straight and honest with Ken Choo. There is room for emotion in the debate because this is an emotional issue but the all representatives must handle this right - no name calling - no recriminations just a clear articulation of why our heritage matters and why blue is the right and indeed only colour for Cardiff City Football Club.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Darren,representing the Red Brigade.

Apparently its not All Strong Pro Blues that have been invited,I am hearing the numbers have swelled to 50 odd.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:36 pm

If the chosen 40 are "representing me" then there shoud be one question and one question only, Are we returning back to blue and return of our badge next season, if yes carry on talking about other issue's, if NO, then everybody get up and walk out. Remember that the media would love this. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:37 pm

dont mind who stands up to ask it, but as long as its the 1`st question asked

q. are we going to be turned back to blue with a bluebird badge and when

a. well, umm, thing is, see sir king tan, umm red, blah blah bollox blah blah

everone pro blue get up and leave

simples

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:40 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:I want full minutes on this meeting, no question dodging or talk of compromise of kit colour and badge, or let's get to the Premiership and then see what happens nonsense. It's a return to blue and the badge reinstated, red seats removed, then I am happy to give Tan my season ticket money.

Then later on discuss debt to equity and the swopping of family and canton stands.

I fear that it's just PR gone wrong, and a punt by Tan to block protests, at best it will be compromise for a red and blue striped kit as a reward for getting back to the prem.

There shouldn't be a meeting, Tan should just reverse the rebrand end of. I want Malaysia gone from CCfC for good, because there will be no reversal or no compromise its just PR.

Not meaning to sound pessimistic, but if you go into the meeting all guns blazing, then Tan will no doubt stick with the red forever.
As Tangledup quite rightly said, it's a return to Blue at home and the Bluebird as our identity WITH NO CONDITIONS OF PROMOTION ETC.
However, a compromise is both sides offering something in return. For Tan to save face, what are our consessions to him???
Don't think... We'll renew ...will be enough.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:41 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

he supports the rebrand doesn't he? If he does then he shouldn't go really as he doesn't represent the majority of fans views

He surely can't anymore, and if he does which I can't believe then he shouldn't be there.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:48 pm

A point that really needs to be pressed and pushed is the following in my opinion.

"In a recent statement Vincent Tan has said he has kept his side of the bargain, while the fans haven't kept theirs with regards to kit colour.

For most fans who went along with the rebrand the biggest factor was not £100 million being spent on transfers and infrastructure, but the promise of debt being turned into equity.

Vincent Tan still hasn't transferred debt to equity and therefore hasn't actually kept to his side of the bargain.

Does he plan on ever keeping his promise and turning our debt to equity? If not, he should convert our colours and badge back to their historic and original state."

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:57 pm

A block wrote:A point that really needs to be pressed and pushed is the following in my opinion.

"In a recent statement Vincent Tan has said he has kept his side of the bargain, while the fans haven't kept theirs with regards to kit colour.

For most fans who went along with the rebrand the biggest factor was not £100 million being spent on transfers and infrastructure, but the promise of debt being turned into equity.

Vincent Tan still hasn't transferred debt to equity and therefore hasn't actually kept to his side of the bargain.

Does he plan on ever keeping his promise and turning our debt to equity? If not, he should convert our colours and badge back to their historic and original state."
agree he needs to do that or change us back to blue and sell up

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Apparently its not All Strong Pro Blues that have been invited,I am hearing the numbers have swelled to 50 odd.

Thanks Annis

Just hope this meeting achieves something positive

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks Annis

Darren, I am more hopeful than I have ever been :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thanks Annis

Darren, I am more hopeful than I have ever been :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Annis there is no point tan calling this meeting unless something significant is being considered by him? Otherwise he could just have made statement like before? :thumbup: