Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Here We go again:Cardiff ready to sue Nantes for up to £

Thu May 11, 2023 5:54 am

JulesK wrote:
royalblue wrote:Weird thing is McKay flew Warnock over 8 or 9 times to see Sala play, but his son was commissioned by Nantes to find a buyer for Sala.
Anyone know what flight (plane) Sala took the first time he came over to sign? He flew back on the Piper Malibu, went to say goodbye to Nantes teammates and sort personal belongings etc...
If it was that easy and convenient for Warnock to get a flight 8 or 9 times why did Cardiff offer a several hours out of the way BA flight from Paris? As it was a personal trip and didn't have to anyway? But yet Cardiff are happy for Warnock to fly back and forth on this Mckay arranged plane? And who pays for that? Doesn't make sense to me.

Because CCFC tried to do the right thing and arranged a proper flight,as for you saying NW used this mode of transport on several occasions well I would like to see the receipts, as some would say Hmmmm.
What cannot be denied is CCFC provided someone to collect him so how can anyone say we neglected the poor lad.

Who says anyone neglected from CCFC?

Plus don’t forget Jules, Tan originally tried to say he was not our player.

We can say things and assume, but I can 100% say now he was no longer Nantes responsibility and they will not lose if Tan Sue’s them.

This journey was Emiliano Sala’s private journey of his own accord.
He was offered help by us, he said NO.
Nantes had also no responsibility as they never got involved in this part at all.

It was Emiliano’s agent acting for him alone who got involved in the return journey and he is now a bankrupt.

If Paul Keevil is so right perhaps he should represent Tan, his words are great but like last time before the cases Tan has lost the lot.
Apparently Paul if I am right offered Dalman this advice and they ignored it all???

I hate to be negative and not positive, but I would rather say the truth and how it really was and I do know a lot that happened due to speaking to someone from over there who was in the case from day one.

THE GUILTY ONES ARE THE PILOT & THE AGENT.

CARDIFF CITY & NANTES ARE TOTALLY INNOCENT THATS THE FACTS.

Thu May 11, 2023 6:15 am

Most agree Mr Tan needs to go but personally I think he is well within his rights to pursue this even if it only sheds light on the dirty shady world of agents. So I don't think people should use this as yet another stick to beat him with.
As for negligence well that is actually a main part of the case is it not? That's all I'm saying is in the world of law which few on here really understand ( me included) is that 1. We offered a flight. 2. We sent someone in a car to collect him. To me that shows CCFC did everything in their power to aid the lad.
Lots more skeletons to come out of cupboards yet !!!

Thu May 11, 2023 6:19 am

JulesK wrote:Most agree Mr Tan needs to go but personally I think he is well within his rights to pursue this even if it only sheds light on the dirty shady world of agents. So I don't think people should use this as yet another stick to beat him with.
As for negligence well that is actually a main part of the case is it not? That's all I'm saying is in the world of law which few on here really understand ( me included) is that 1. We offered a flight. 2. We sent someone in a car to collect him. To me that shows CCFC did everything in their power to aid the lad.

So Jules who should he sue? Please answer

Thu May 11, 2023 6:21 am

This is a 2019 Wales online article I came across in regard flights for Warnock and co on a scouting mission. It states Mckay paid for series of flights. Obviously tho I can't assume the media are always correct tho. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-15995119

Thu May 11, 2023 6:27 am

royalblue wrote:This is a 2019 Wales online article I came across in regard flights for Warnock and co on a scouting mission. It states Mckay paid for series of flights. Obviously tho I can't assume the media are always correct tho. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-15995119

I honestly can’t believe your reading any of it from them as they were doing what they were told to print by The Regime.

The first two years it was all one sided as they only listened to Dalman & Co.

I won’t even bother opening.

The point is Tan has lost all court cases and the latest upheld at a cost of £millions to our club and an Embargo.
He’s now been told NO more cases accept if you want to go down a civil route which is anyones right.

I WIILL REPEAT CARDIFF CITY & NANTES ARE TOTALLY INNOCENT.

THE AGENT & PILOT GUILTY.

Also not long ago The Regime said they were suing the insurers lol

Thu May 11, 2023 7:44 am

I might be wrong in this but wasn’t Tan suing the insurance brokers for incorrect advice on insurance, not the insurance company themselves ?

None of us knows who will win each case. We’re predicting/guessing with a 50% chance of being right !!!

Also, we’re not being directed to the civil courts because we’ve lost everywhere else. We’re being directed there because CAS made a decision on something they don’t have jurisdiction over, therefore the civil courts are the only place where this case can be determined.

Thu May 11, 2023 7:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:
JulesK wrote:Most agree Mr Tan needs to go but personally I think he is well within his rights to pursue this even if it only sheds light on the dirty shady world of agents. So I don't think people should use this as yet another stick to beat him with.

Its not about guilt and innocence though. Its about liability. Their not always linked and can sometimes seem downright unfair. I'll use this analogy; If a tree fell down in your garden tomorrow and killed a child playing in the street, nobody would consider guilty or even responsible for the death of that child. You would however be liable. That's UK not necessarily Spain of course.

As I see it, if the only financial recompense to Mackay in respect of the this transfer was the payment of the agreed agent fees then there case to answer but there's plenty of potential bends in the road.

There may be a offer / contract from either party explicitly limiting the terms of the engagement. Ironically that's more likely to have come from Mackay who would have wanted to do as little as possible for his cut of the cake.

Did Mackay undertake this " freebie " to foster his on going relationship with Cardiff, develop one with Nantes or be ready to move Sala on for his next transfer. Probably a bit of all of them and I'm not sure it trumps the original contract, but its bound to be a line of defence for Nantes, who could be fighting for their very existence.

Thu May 11, 2023 8:01 am

I'm confuddled :crazy:

Thu May 11, 2023 8:08 am

If memory serves me right, wasn't Willie Mackay barred from being a football agent at this time?

If so, surely Nantes are responsible for hiring a barred agent.

Thu May 11, 2023 8:13 am

epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Its not about guilt and innocence though. Its about liability. Their not always linked and can sometimes seem downright unfair. I'll use this analogy; If a tree fell down in your garden tomorrow and killed a child playing in the street, nobody would consider guilty or even responsible for the death of that child. You would however be liable. That's UK not necessarily Spain of course.

As I see it, if the only financial recompense to Mackay in respect of the this transfer was the payment of the agreed agent fees then there case to answer but there's plenty of potential bends in the road.

There may be a offer / contract from either party explicitly limiting the terms of the engagement. Ironically that's more likely to have come from Mackay who would have wanted to do as little as possible for his cut of the cake.

Did Mackay undertake this " freebie " to foster his on going relationship with Cardiff, develop one with Nantes or be ready to move Sala on for his next transfer. Probably a bit of all of them and I'm not sure it trumps the original contract, but its bound to be a line of defence for Nantes, who could be fighting for their very existence.

Liability??

Emiliano was NO longer their player and was nothing to do with them and they had nothing to do with his final trip.

His agent was doing it for him.

Tan has tried suing saying Emiliano was not our player, pathetic and lost it and rightly so.
Even though the sane lot on here kept backing Tan.

Tan has threatened the insurance.

Tan knows he can’t get money from the pilot or the agent even though they were totally responsible.

So he’s trying to scare the actual club that we owe the money to which he has been told three times to pay , costing us £mills and an Embargo.

No point me debating with some of you as the facts are there.

Cardiff City & Nantes are totally blameless, but we owe the money.

We will lose yet again at a high cost to our club end off.

Thu May 11, 2023 8:24 am

piledriver64 wrote:I might be wrong in this but wasn’t Tan suing the insurance brokers for incorrect advice on insurance, not the insurance company themselves ?

None of us knows who will win each case. We’re predicting/guessing with a 50% chance of being right !!!

Also, we’re not being directed to the civil courts because we’ve lost everywhere else. We’re being directed there because CAS made a decision on something they don’t have jurisdiction over, therefore the civil courts are the only place where this case can be determined.

100% we were always going to lose saying Emiliano was not our player , there was No guess work.
You argued he was not our player.

I will state now and I have done from day one , not guess work at all.

Nantes are not responsible and we owe the money.

Cardiff have two options they would of won the Agent or the pilot, but sadly they know they will not get a penny.

Thu May 11, 2023 8:31 am

I read these pages with some incredulity , I know some people like the idea of continually debating this but below are the facts

City have been to 3 courts to try and get recompense and failed each time
City recently were claiming against our insurer (i e admitting that he was our player, though the picture of h I'm signing next to the ever useless ken choo, might also give us a clue) which is quite laugh ble seeing as ever y other case has been based on him not being our player.
The flight which was the cause of the death was arranged by a bankrupt agent not either football club.

Overriding this is Vincent Tan s inability to take no for an answer. He s been told no 3 times and still has chucked millions at it. It won't be long before the ever pocket filling lawyers will have earnt more fees than the transfer fees. They will no doubt have advised him that there's a good case et c , give us a repayment and well get the fourth case started!
I think he's used to getting his way in Malaysia but he won't here.

Money wise he's in a difficult situation. In his view he's spent enough already and wants out. A decent sale ((if it could be achieved) would be having to pay this £15million off probably a similar amount in new players to get us up the table. Plus an increase in wages across the board and the fact it might not work anyway. After the last two seasons it doesn't look like he's willing to cut his losses like he should be doing

Thu May 11, 2023 9:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
epping blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Liability??

Emiliano was NO longer their player and was nothing to do with them and they had nothing to do with his final trip.

His agent was doing it for him.

Tan has tried suing saying Emiliano was not our player, pathetic and lost it and rightly so.
Even though the sane lot on here kept backing Tan.

Tan has threatened the insurance.

Tan knows he can’t get money from the pilot or the agent even though they were totally responsible.

So he’s trying to scare the actual club that we owe the money to which he has been told three times to pay , costing us £mills and an Embargo.

No point me debating with some of you as the facts are there.

Cardiff City & Nantes are totally blameless, but we owe the money.

We will lose yet again at a high cost to our club end off.

The contract wont necessarily complete at the point of sale. If there is no separate contract / arrangement / payment for the flight and the only thing that brought Sala and Mackay / Nantes and Cardiff together at that point was the original the sale / contract then its reasonable to believe that would still apply. There's far more tenuous law suits taken out than this.

Tan has to be sensible and pragmatic and take the legal advice offered and if told to do so, should forget it. Call it pig headiness or call it tenacity. He feels we've been wrong and he's not giving up. I think he may be misguided but its his call.

Thu May 11, 2023 9:27 am

I know from bitter experience a barrister and lawyer will always say you have a case, even if you have no chance of success. In this instance I am with Annis - pay up . Cardiff should not have allowed him to fly and should have sorted out the insurance. Painful lesson but Tan should move on. If he employed full time professional Directors - this would not have happened. It is nonsense that Choo runs a national car company , and also covers Cardiff part time.

Thu May 11, 2023 9:35 am

Grandstand wrote:I know from bitter experience a barrister and lawyer will always say you have a case, even if you have no chance of success. In this instance I am with Annis - pay up . Cardiff should not have allowed him to fly and should have sorted out the insurance. Painful lesson but Tan should move on. If he employed full time professional Directors - this would not have happened. It is nonsense that Choo runs a national car company , and also covers Cardiff part time.

Sorry but what you say about solicitors/lawyers is not correct if they are reputable and not some backstreet setup.

Civil Law lawyers (very different to criminal)are dealing with top end cases with huge amounts of money. International companies use UK civil lawyers because they are acknowledged as the top boys.

The other thing is that in civil courts the case can be thrown out at a fairly early stage by way of summary judgment or dismissal if the judge believes there is no merit.

Do you really think that Tan has popped down to his local area lawyer and asked him to get cracking on this !!??

Come on guys let’s just be sensible about this.

Thu May 11, 2023 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:
royalblue wrote:This is a 2019 Wales online article I came across in regard flights for Warnock and co on a scouting mission. It states Mckay paid for series of flights. Obviously tho I can't assume the media are always correct tho. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-15995119

I honestly can’t believe your reading any of it from them as they were doing what they were told to print by The Regime.

The point is Tan has lost all court cases and the latest upheld at a cost of £millions to our club and an Embargo.
He’s now been told NO more cases accept if you want to go down a civil route which is anyones right.

Annis my understanding is it is not costing the club anything, there does not seem to be anything in the latest accounts that the club is funding these court cases it seems VT is paying for all these cases out of his own pocket!

Thu May 11, 2023 10:04 am

Grandstand wrote:I know from bitter experience a barrister and lawyer will always say you have a case, even if you have no chance of success. In this instance I am with Annis - pay up . Cardiff should not have allowed him to fly and should have sorted out the insurance. Painful lesson but Tan should move on. If he employed full time professional Directors - this would not have happened. It is nonsense that Choo runs a national car company , and also covers Cardiff part time.

That’s exactly what happens.

They told me ( London Lawyers ) I had a 100% solid case against the BBC in 2000 and 2000, we had to settle out of court and go our both ways and my solicitors bill was a fortune.

Body Shop were told by their top Solicitors, they had a solid case against My Family years ago, we fought it in the High Court in London, I was totally involved, We won.

I have actually been involved in many cases over the years and the only one I came unstuck with was the BBC and that was down to the Lawyers in London telling me I was going to win.

Tan needs to stop as you say as it’s not costing him, but our club and its damaging our team on the pitch.

Tan has lost time and time again, enough.

Thu May 11, 2023 10:06 am

piledriver64 wrote:

Sorry but what you say about solicitors/lawyers is not correct if they are reputable and not some backstreet setup.

Civil Law lawyers (very different to criminal)are dealing with top end cases with huge amounts of money. International companies use UK civil lawyers because they are acknowledged as the top boys.

The other thing is that in civil courts the case can be thrown out at a fairly early stage by way of summary judgment or dismissal if the judge believes there is no merit.

Do you really think that Tan has popped down to his local area lawyer and asked him to get cracking on this !!??

Come on guys let’s just be sensible about this.

Well Tan has lost 9 out of say 10 cases since he has been our owner, from ex managers, ex owners to Emiliano Sala, all facts.

Tan believes in fighting everything and he has come unstuck so many times at Our club.

Thu May 11, 2023 10:08 am

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis my understanding is it is not costing the club anything, there does not seem to be anything in the latest accounts that the club is funding these court cases it seems VT is paying for all these cases out of his own pocket!

Roger,

When the public see the account’s we don’t see at all the individual bills and actually what for, we are not privy to this.

I should know I run companies.

We don’t see the individual bills / expenses The Hierarchy charge our club.

We also don’t see what Lawyers / Solicitors expenses for individual court cases or running things etc

Thu May 11, 2023 11:55 am

Annis I haven't a clue who he sues but then again I am not a lawyer barrister or any other legal professional, Interesting if its not costing the club mind as its his money to do as he wants.
I don't think anyone posting or debating this will ever agree on the outcome so I'm saying no more and leaving it to the experts.

Thu May 11, 2023 12:28 pm

JulesK wrote:Annis I haven't a clue who he sues but then again I am not a lawyer barrister or any other legal professional, Interesting if its not costing the club mind as its his money to do as he wants.
I don't think anyone posting or debating this will ever agree on the outcome so I'm saying no more and leaving it to the experts.

The problem is the papers read,”Cardiff City are suing”…..not,”an arrogant megalomaniac who’s too stubborn to back down is suing”
Dragging our name through the mud.

Thu May 11, 2023 12:55 pm

JulesK wrote:Annis I haven't a clue who he sues but then again I am not a lawyer barrister or any other legal professional, Interesting if its not costing the club mind as its his money to do as he wants.

It is costing the club, 100%

Ask Roger again.

Thu May 11, 2023 12:56 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

The problem is the papers read,”Cardiff City are suing”…..not,”an arrogant megalomaniac who’s too stubborn to back down is suing”

Exactly Simon,

It’s Cardiff City’s name being dragged through the mud.

I can’t believe some still stick up for the Dictator, it’s the usual suspects.

Shocking

Thu May 11, 2023 1:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Exactly Simon,

Shocking

Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Exactly Simon,

Shocking

Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

:laughing6:

Thu May 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

Isn't that the case for nearly ALL sides of ALL arguments?

Everyone thinks they're right until proved wrong. :lol:

Thu May 11, 2023 3:08 pm

Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Correct , he said it too in an interview .

Thu May 11, 2023 3:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Roger,

When the public see the account’s we don’t see at all the individual bills and actually what for, we are not privy to this.

I should know I run companies.

We don’t see the individual bills / expenses The Hierarchy charge our club.

We also don’t see what Lawyers / Solicitors expenses for individual court cases or running things etc

You keep saying its costs millions but it's not millions in the accounts tho ? .

Thu May 11, 2023 4:16 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Exactly Simon,

Shocking

And there aren’t any people on here that are “too entrenched in their views” against Tan to see that there may be something worthwhile fighting for here !!??

Come on, both sides of these arguments are equally entrenched and once the ultimate case is decided, by a judge and not posters on here !!, we can see who was on the right side of the argument.

To dismiss either side of the argument at this stage is foolhardy. I think there is an arguable case but I certainly wouldn’t bet serious money on Tan actually winning it as I haven’t seen the court papers from either side !!

Thu May 11, 2023 4:38 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

Isn't that the case for nearly ALL sides of ALL arguments?

Everyone thinks they're right until proved wrong. :lol:

If anyone thinks Tan is running this football club well they need their heads checked. That’s not my entrenched view, that’s plain for all to see.