Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Iain Moody Suspended "

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:37 am

Yes I agree but people are getting the noose ready before the facts are known.

Its like a kangaroo court on this thread.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:05 am

If Moody was the man that spent £8,000,000 on AC then he should go.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:13 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:But is believed he has spent several weeks shadowing Moody, a figure Mackay has regularly praised in public for his work in Cardiff’s forensic approach to talent-spotting and recruiting.

Malky must have known this was coming then if some Kazak guy has been following Moody around like a 3rd leg for the last few weeks.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:41 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:If only the English league football clubs followed the Germans, 80% owned by fans (something like 80%).

I'm getting fed up of foreign owners.

Yep just need 80% of fans to cough up £90m

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:32 am

It's an absolute cirus.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:48 am

JUST FOUND THIS

Moody’s official title was ‘Head of Recruitment’ and he has been instrumental in signing players like Gary Medel and Steven Caulker.

He was one of Mackay’s closest allies within Cardiff City, his right hand man. Quite frankly, his suspension, and immediate replacement, stinks.

Vincent Tan’s re-brand upset the majority of Cardiff fans and, for those who stuck by, the fact he seemed to leave Malky alone to run the football side of things was his saving grace and only straw to cling on to.

But now? Is this the straw that breaks the camel’s back?

Mackay will have been seriously undermined by this move and his position is close to becoming untenable.

If Tan has taken this action without consultation, Malky should walk away now. He’s better than this and Tan doesn’t deserve him.

Tan is replacing Malky’s staff with yes-men. People who will nod and agree with Tan’s actions.

Did Moody dare to stick up for the players, staff and everyone else in the bonuses row? Who knows.

The club won’t tell us. Tan will never give us a reason.

The statement will be brief, and Moody will be thanked. But it won’t give Cardiff City fans the answer we crave.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:37 pm

It really is shocking, only now im starting to catch up with it.

Normally it wouldbt bother me losing a head of Recruitment but its the fact Malky depends on it so much, he practcially mentions it in every interview.

The 'Replacement' is just a piss take.

I find this very concerning and at a time where things should be nice and settled after a solid start.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Beasty1988 wrote:JUST FOUND THIS

Moody’s official title was ‘Head of Recruitment’ and he has been instrumental in signing players like Gary Medel and Steven Caulker.

He was one of Mackay’s closest allies within Cardiff City, his right hand man. Quite frankly, his suspension, and immediate replacement, stinks.

Vincent Tan’s re-brand upset the majority of Cardiff fans and, for those who stuck by, the fact he seemed to leave Malky alone to run the football side of things was his saving grace and only straw to cling on to.

But now? Is this the straw that breaks the camel’s back?

Mackay will have been seriously undermined by this move and his position is close to becoming untenable.

If Tan has taken this action without consultation, Malky should walk away now. He’s better than this and Tan doesn’t deserve him.

Tan is replacing Malky’s staff with yes-men. People who will nod and agree with Tan’s actions.

Did Moody dare to stick up for the players, staff and everyone else in the bonuses row? Who knows.

The club won’t tell us. Tan will never give us a reason.

The statement will be brief, and Moody will be thanked. But it won’t give Cardiff City fans the answer we crave.

just another internet blog

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Some on here seem delighted things may be going tits up, smug bastards would rather be proven right than see Cardiff city prosper under Tan.

:old:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Some on here seem delighted things may be going tits up, smug bastards would rather be proven right than see Cardiff city prosper under Tan.

totally agree think people forget that its a football club and we play football matches always seems to be an uproar when international break comes up strange that ;)

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Some on here seem delighted things may be going tits up, smug bastards would rather be proven right than see Cardiff city prosper under Tan.

Yep and they miss the point that we didn't get over the rebrand because we supported VT, it was because we supported Cardiff and it's future existence.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:22 pm

mjw6150 wrote:

Yep and they miss the point that we didn't get over the rebrand because we supported VT, it was because we supported Cardiff and it's future existence.

another good post :thumbup:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:30 pm

VT OUT

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Malky may not resign straight away, but it may leave him open to offers from others :(

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
mjw6150 wrote:

another good post :thumbup:

Well we all know that people on here who are slanging tan off would prefer we went out of existence full stop! Just to spite tan, really true supporters of the club they boast!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Fan-fucking-tastic :sad7:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Everybody is speculating on this new guy in as temp. But why aren't they bothered about Moody allegedly leaking info from the club?? If one of tans guys was leaking stuff, everyone would be in uproar

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Cardiff Blues wrote:Fan-fucking-tastic :sad7:

amazing aint it , all the red fans are so happy :roll:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:53 pm

To be fair, this could work in the Club/Fans favour in the long run. Each time Tan makes a ridiculous decision like this more people take note and his position will eventually become untenable. He may be able to go against fan opinion, but when his peers and potential employees and business associated realise he is a loon they are more inclined to steer clear. Unfortunately it may take a relegation to finally get rid, but hopefully he leaves the club in better shape and with a high enough profile to attract a high calibre new owner.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:22 pm

np20 wrote:Everybody is speculating on this new guy in as temp. But why aren't they bothered about Moody allegedly leaking info from the club?? If one of tans guys was leaking stuff, everyone would be in uproar

Doesnt suit their agenda pal

Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:33 pm

if the story of Moody leaking info is correct then he should be suspended! i just don't understand the appointment of a guy with no football knowledge? the club need to put a statement out!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:22 pm

Moodys been grassing on our club to the press leaking information. If true, then good riddance you kunt.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Iain Moody was very well thought of at Watford (until of course he followed Malky to Wales). I very much doubt that he was guilty of misconduct - and the fact that he has been 'de-suspended' and placed on gardening leave on full pay backs this up. I guess someone told Tan you can't just suspend someone to piss off the manager you want to resign.

Good luck boys, I think you are going to need it; sounds like Venkies mk2.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:54 pm

harrowhorn wrote:Iain Moody was very well thought of at Watford (until of course he followed Malky to Wales). I very much doubt that he was guilty of misconduct - and the fact that he has been 'de-suspended' and placed on gardening leave on full pay backs this up. I guess someone told Tan you can't just suspend someone to piss off the manager you want to resign.

Good luck boys, I think you are going to need it; sounds like Venkies mk2.

Exactly mate . No grounds whatsoever for suspension hence gardening leave on full pay . Am sure our 23 yr old painter and decorator will do a good job . Laughable .

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Ninianparkspecial wrote:I've been to Malaysia quite a few times and had dealings with a few wealthy and powerful people over there. It is a culture that panders to the rich and powerful, who in turn tend to expect everyone to jump when they say so. I've seen it close up
Tan's behavior is very typical of how he he would conduct himself back home and unfortunately he has no comprehension of how that behaviour is perceived in the UK particularly in the world of football. He has made no attempt to understand the British football culture or tradition, or the tradition of Cardiff City. At home everyone would say "Yes sir No sir". That's what he has had all his life in every company he owns and it's what he wants from Cardiff City. He is shooting himself in the foot and doesn't seem to know or care about what he is doing.

Thanks. That's a really good insight into Malaysian culture at that level of society. It corresponds roughly with what I'd suspected, but as I've never been to the Far East, I was uncomfortable with what I thought might be racial generalisations on my part.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Pat Murphy BBC Radio 5 live

"In the summer Alisher Apsalyamov was on work experience painting the walls of Cardiff City Stadium, watching their promotion games on his laptop.

"Now he's the acting head of recruitment at the age of 23, responsible for Cardiff's next entry into the January transfer window that could determine whether they stay in the Premier League.

"Apsalyamov is, I understand, a close friend of the son of Cardiff's owner Vincent Tan.

"Meanwhile Malky Mackay, Cardiff's manager, has to do without his trusted advisor Iain Moody, who has been Cardiff's head of recruitment for two years and was in charge of the highly successful dealings of the summer that led to some fine players who have helped Cardiff make a solid start in the Premier League.

"I believe that Moody, initially suspended by Mr Tan, has now been placed on gardening leave until the end of the season on full pay so Mackay cannot use someone with whom he has worked productively for the past seven years, first at Watford, now at Cardiff."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24457821

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Kulin118 wrote:Pat Murphy BBC Radio 5 live

"In the summer Alisher Apsalyamov was on work experience painting the walls of Cardiff City Stadium, watching their promotion games on his laptop.

"Now he's the acting head of recruitment at the age of 23, responsible for Cardiff's next entry into the January transfer window that could determine whether they stay in the Premier League.

"Apsalyamov is, I understand, a close friend of the son of Cardiff's owner Vincent Tan.

"Meanwhile Malky Mackay, Cardiff's manager, has to do without his trusted advisor Iain Moody, who has been Cardiff's head of recruitment for two years and was in charge of the highly successful dealings of the summer that led to some fine players who have helped Cardiff make a solid start in the Premier League.

"I believe that Moody, initially suspended by Mr Tan, has now been placed on gardening leave until the end of the season on full pay so Mackay cannot use someone with whom he has worked productively for the past seven years, first at Watford, now at Cardiff."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24457821

So the clever b*stard has put Moody on "gardening leave" until the end of the season. It sounds to me as if he's trying to teach Malky a lesson. He's taken away a trusted comrade and replaced him with a nobody. Even if Malky jumped ship and joined the next decent club looking for a manager he would still be unable to take Moody with him due to the terms of his gardening leave :sad7:

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:55 pm

First post here, after todays events inspired me to sign up and get an account.

At first, I was pissed off about todays news. The coverage it was getting was insane, and made us look like idiots. But I've taken a step back, and had a real think about this, and come to the following conclusion...

If Moody has been suspended due to suspicions of leaking info to the press, then Tan cannot just appoint a new person into his position and give him the job role. If he did that, Moody would have one hell of a legal case against him, regardless of the outcome of the investigation. Fact is, in todays HR world, if you appoint someone into someone else's job role before finding that person guilty of the crime, then you're f*cked.

What I can only assume, if any of these rumours about Moody being a leak are true, is that Tan looked at this situation and realised it needed to be handled delicately to avoid legal ramifications. He's probably looked at this kid who's been shadowing Moody, and thought that having him step up to fill the role whilst the investigation goes on makes the most sense. Moody had the guy working under him, so can't put forward some legal case against the club for bringing in someone to replace him, particularly as the club have clearly said it's an "acting" position.

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to make sense out of something of which there is none to make, but IF Moody has been leaking info, then I actually understand exactly why the club have made the decisions they have made recently. And please people, look at interviews with Tan: he's careful as f**k with his money, and has a strong business mind, so there's no way he'll have this kid in this position permanently.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Snaag wrote:Malky may not resign straight away, but it may leave him open to offers from others :(

You could be right, IF The Independent is to be believed :(

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 pm

KWest wrote:First post here, after todays events inspired me to sign up and get an account.

At first, I was pissed off about todays news. The coverage it was getting was insane, and made us look like idiots. But I've taken a step back, and had a real think about this, and come to the following conclusion...

If Moody has been suspended due to suspicions of leaking info to the press, then Tan cannot just appoint a new person into his position and give him the job role. If he did that, Moody would have one hell of a legal case against him, regardless of the outcome of the investigation. Fact is, in todays HR world, if you appoint someone into someone else's job role before finding that person guilty of the crime, then you're f*cked.

What I can only assume, if any of these rumours about Moody being a leak are true, is that Tan looked at this situation and realised it needed to be handled delicately to avoid legal ramifications. He's probably looked at this kid who's been shadowing Moody, and thought that having him step up to fill the role whilst the investigation goes on makes the most sense. Moody had the guy working under him, so can't put forward some legal case against the club for bringing in someone to replace him, particularly as the club have clearly said it's an "acting" position.

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to make sense out of something of which there is none to make, but IF Moody has been leaking info, then I actually understand exactly why the club have made the decisions they have made recently. And please people, look at interviews with Tan: he's careful as f**k with his money, and has a strong business mind, so there's no way he'll have this kid in this position permanently.

Kyle, welcome to the group :ayatollah:

Interesting and considered first post. Made interesting reading :ayatollah: