Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Here We go again:Cardiff ready to sue Nantes for up to £

Thu May 11, 2023 4:40 pm

Seriously if the poor boy was insured , we would not be in this debate. It would be Lloyds of London to sort out. Also a club like Man U would never had let him get on that plane. We are a big club - which acts like we are Barry Town.

Thu May 11, 2023 4:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
JulesK wrote:Annis I haven't a clue who he sues but then again I am not a lawyer barrister or any other legal professional, Interesting if its not costing the club mind as its his money to do as he wants.
I don't think anyone posting or debating this will ever agree on the outcome so I'm saying no more and leaving it to the experts.

The problem is the papers read,”Cardiff City are suing”…..not,”an arrogant megalomaniac who’s too stubborn to back down is suing”
Dragging our name through the mud.

Exactly Simon,

It’s Cardiff City’s name being dragged through the mud.

I can’t believe some still stick up for the Dictator, it’s the usual suspects.

Shocking

Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

And there aren’t any people on here that are “too entrenched in their views” against Tan to see that there may be something worthwhile fighting for here !!??

Come on, both sides of these arguments are equally entrenched and once the ultimate case is decided, by a judge and not posters on here !!, we can see who was on the right side of the argument.

To dismiss either side of the argument at this stage is foolhardy. I think there is an arguable case but I certainly wouldn’t bet serious money on Tan actually winning it as I haven’t seen the court papers from either side !!

Is it in the best interests of Cardiff City football club? It’s not in my opinion, embargo, downward spiral
To relegation. This is all about Tan and his ego in my opinion.

Thu May 11, 2023 4:41 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Grandstand wrote:I know from bitter experience a barrister and lawyer will always say you have a case, even if you have no chance of success. In this instance I am with Annis - pay up . Cardiff should not have allowed him to fly and should have sorted out the insurance. Painful lesson but Tan should move on. If he employed full time professional Directors - this would not have happened. It is nonsense that Choo runs a national car company , and also covers Cardiff part time.

Sorry but what you say about solicitors/lawyers is not correct if they are reputable and not some backstreet setup.

Civil Law lawyers (very different to criminal)are dealing with top end cases with huge amounts of money. International companies use UK civil lawyers because they are acknowledged as the top boys.

The other thing is that in civil courts the case can be thrown out at a fairly early stage by way of summary judgment or dismissal if the judge believes there is no merit.

Do you really think that Tan has popped down to his local area lawyer and asked him to get cracking on this !!??

Come on guys let’s just be sensible about this.

He’s gone to the pedicure place and got Saul Goodman.

And decided Tan is our god.

Let’s be honest Tan should and can do what he likes.

Tan can waste as much money as it’s all his and we are nobody.

Thu May 11, 2023 6:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
royalblue wrote:This is a 2019 Wales online article I came across in regard flights for Warnock and co on a scouting mission. It states Mckay paid for series of flights. Obviously tho I can't assume the media are always correct tho. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-15995119

I honestly can’t believe your reading any of it from them as they were doing what they were told to print by The Regime.

The first two years it was all one sided as they only listened to Dalman & Co.

I won’t even bother opening.

The point is Tan has lost all court cases and the latest upheld at a cost of £millions to our club and an Embargo.
He’s now been told NO more cases accept if you want to go down a civil route which is anyones right.

I WIILL REPEAT CARDIFF CITY & NANTES ARE TOTALLY INNOCENT.

THE AGENT & PILOT GUILTY.

Also not long ago The Regime said they were suing the insurers lol

Annis my understanding is it is not costing the club anything, there does not seem to be anything in the latest accounts that the club is funding these court cases it seems VT is paying for all these cases out of his own pocket!

Roger,

When the public see the account’s we don’t see at all the individual bills and actually what for, we are not privy to this.

I should know I run companies.

We don’t see the individual bills / expenses The Hierarchy charge our club.

We also don’t see what Lawyers / Solicitors expenses for individual court cases or running things etc

You keep saying its costs millions but it's not millions in the accounts tho ? .

You know it’s cost millions and it does not need to be individualised.

Tans pets rise, even against our club.

Thu May 11, 2023 6:05 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
JulesK wrote:Annis I haven't a clue who he sues but then again I am not a lawyer barrister or any other legal professional, Interesting if its not costing the club mind as its his money to do as he wants.
I don't think anyone posting or debating this will ever agree on the outcome so I'm saying no more and leaving it to the experts.

The problem is the papers read,”Cardiff City are suing”…..not,”an arrogant megalomaniac who’s too stubborn to back down is suing”

Exactly Simon,

Shocking

Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

Exactly Simon,

The same ones who sore and loved the despicable red and gave away our pride and honour, they disgust me.

Thu May 11, 2023 6:07 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

Isn't that the case for nearly ALL sides of ALL arguments?

Everyone thinks they're right until proved wrong. :lol:

Wayne,

Sadly not be proven wrong once.

But if I had I would admit.

Tans followers don’t actually admit all the bad he has done and slowly killing our club.

Lost every case.

They support that he said Emiliano was not our player, f*cking despicable

Thu May 11, 2023 6:10 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Exactly Simon,

Shocking

And there aren’t any people on here that are “too entrenched in their views” against Tan to see that there may be something worthwhile fighting for here !!??

Come on, both sides of these arguments are equally entrenched and once the ultimate case is decided, by a judge and not posters on here !!, we can see who was on the right side of the argument.

To dismiss either side of the argument at this stage is foolhardy. I think there is an arguable case but I certainly wouldn’t bet serious money on Tan actually winning it as I haven’t seen the court papers from either side !!

Listen ,

You are one who argues against everything I state, but have no pride or respect to admit I have been proven right about Tan and this case so far.

Pointless talking to you, because if we folded tomorrow you would still say Tan was right.

You need to see if you support Cardiff City or Tan ?

Thu May 11, 2023 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Some are too entrenched in their views and too stubborn to ever go back on them.

Wayne,

Tans followers don’t actually admit all the bad he has done and slowly killing our club.

Lost every case.

I was not on about this topic specifically, just any debate in general.

Thu May 11, 2023 6:49 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Wayne,

Lost every case.

I was not on about this topic specifically, just any debate in general.

Opinions I am often wrong, I admit.

But I have been stating facts in this topic.

Thu May 11, 2023 7:11 pm

Agree with Paul Keevils appraisal. Think that’s how it will play out.

Thu May 11, 2023 7:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
royalblue wrote:This is a 2019 Wales online article I came across in regard flights for Warnock and co on a scouting mission. It states Mckay paid for series of flights. Obviously tho I can't assume the media are always correct tho. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... f-15995119

I honestly can’t believe your reading any of it from them as they were doing what they were told to print by The Regime.

The first two years it was all one sided as they only listened to Dalman & Co.

I won’t even bother opening.

The point is Tan has lost all court cases and the latest upheld at a cost of £millions to our club and an Embargo.
He’s now been told NO more cases accept if you want to go down a civil route which is anyones right.

I WIILL REPEAT CARDIFF CITY & NANTES ARE TOTALLY INNOCENT.

THE AGENT & PILOT GUILTY.

Also not long ago The Regime said they were suing the insurers lol

Annis my understanding is it is not costing the club anything, there does not seem to be anything in the latest accounts that the club is funding these court cases it seems VT is paying for all these cases out of his own pocket!

Roger,

When the public see the account’s we don’t see at all the individual bills and actually what for, we are not privy to this.

I should know I run companies.

We don’t see the individual bills / expenses The Hierarchy charge our club.

We also don’t see what Lawyers / Solicitors expenses for individual court cases or running things etc

You keep saying its costs millions but it's not millions in the accounts tho ? .

You know it’s cost millions and it does not need to be individualised.

Tans pets rise, even against our club.

Still the overall amount would show but it hasn't tho ? It comes under administrative costs but there not in the millions tho ?.

Thu May 11, 2023 8:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Exactly Simon,

Shocking

Listen ,

You are one who argues against everything I state, but have no pride or respect to admit I have been proven right about Tan and this case so far.

Pointless talking to you, because if we folded tomorrow you would still say Tan was right.

You need to see if you support Cardiff City or Tan ?

Are you taking the p’@s !!??

I don’t argue with everything you state, just what I don’t agree with.

What do you think I have no “pride or respect” for ? I have plenty of pride and respect for people who earn it.

You always try to call me out as a Tan lover but I’m not. I have an open mind and have posted previously that I think the time is right for a change as long as there is a confirmed bid that is for a REASONABLE sum likely to not only tempt Tan but also to then invest in the club.

Surely there is nothing wrong with that point of view ? It demonstrates that I want my club to not only survive but also prosper.

I have consistently said that I don’t want to go back to boom and bust days of Sam, PMG, Riddler, etc.

Whatever you think of Tan, if you were honest you would admit that Tan has given us a degree of financial security that we hadn’t seen for years before he arrived. I won’t even bother mentioning the Academy infrastructure (which will eventually produce some quality !!).

He won’t allow us to go into admin or bankruptcy because that will cost him virtually all the money he has invested into the club.

You and I do agree on many things, particularly on the football side and we’ve followed this lot for a similar length of time. Just because you’re anti this regime and I am a bit more pragmatic about it doesn’t make either of us wrong, just different.

So leave out questioning my “pride or respect” in future and we’ll continue to have a decent debate here and there !!!!

Thu May 11, 2023 8:26 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Agree with Paul Keevils appraisal. Think that’s how it will play out.

Sadly, after speaking to someone today and checking a few facts, it seems Paul's assessment is a little wide of the mark in some areas but in others we might have a case...

In simple terms, it has now been confirmed (via three Courts) that Emiliano Sala became our player the moment he put pen to paper and BEFORE his trip back to Nantes. The issues surrounding his 'registration' to play in the Premier League was a separate issue not linked to FC Nantes

He was asked by the Bluebird hierarchy to travel up to Newcastle to meet his new team mates but requested he be allowed to return to say his goodbyes. This request was granted by the club's hierarchy and they offered to arrange transport for him because he was their player and they wanted to help

That offer of a flight was turned down, as the player asked HIS AGENT (something I'd forgotten) the very same Willie McKay representing FC Nantes to help

What is important here is that McKay had carried out his duties to FC Nantes and was now helping/representing his 'other' client, Emiliano Sala

That being the case, where can FC Nantes be seen as culpable and/or liable?

For me, they cannot and I am now of the opinion that whatever route the club (ahem, Vincent Tan) decides to take, FC Nantes will not be brought to book over the actual transfer or the sad events that follows

Chasing others appears futile other than for 'blame' purposes and it has and will continue to hit/hurt our club's ability to move forward

For me, it's time for Mr Tan to call off the dogs, pay what is owed and move on, as there is little to be gained (certainly not financial) from doing anything else...

Thu May 11, 2023 8:35 pm

Sven wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Agree with Paul Keevils appraisal. Think that’s how it will play out.

Sadly, after speaking to someone today and checking a few facts, it seems Paul's assessment is a little wide of the mark in some areas but in others we might have a case...

In simple terms, it has now been confirmed (via three Courts) that Emiliano Sala became our player the moment he put pen to paper and BEFORE his trip back to Nantes. The issues surrounding his 'registration' to play in the Premier League was a separate issue not linked to FC Nantes

He was asked by the Bluebird hierarchy to travel up to Newcastle to meet his new team mates but requested he be allowed to return to say his goodbyes. This request was granted by the club's hierarchy and they offered to arrange transport for him because he was their player and they wanted to help

That offer of a flight was turned down, as the player asked HIS AGENT (something I'd forgotten) the very same Willie McKay representing FC Nantes to help

I recently listened to the Transfer documentary on BBC sound and Without getting bogged down in this Willie McKay was never Sala’s agent he only ever represented Nantes and he admits this in one of the episodes
What is important here is that McKay had carried out his duties to FC Nantes and was now helping/representing his 'other' client, Emiliano Sala

For me, they cannot and I am now of the opinion that whatever route the club (ahem, Vincent Tan) decides to take, FC Nantes will not be brought to book over the actual transfer or the sad events that follows

Chasing others appears futile other than for 'blame' purposes and it has and will continue to hit/hurt our club's ability to move forward

For me, it's time for Mr Tan to call off the dogs, pay what is owed and move on, as there is little to be gained (certainly not financial) from doing anything else...

I recently listened to the Transfer documentary regarding the Sala tragedy on BBC sounds and Willie McKay openly admits that he only ever represented Nantes and was never Sala’s agent.

Thu May 11, 2023 9:41 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I recently listened to the Transfer documentary on BBC sound and Without getting bogged down in this Willie McKay was never Sala’s agent he only ever represented Nantes and he admits this in one of the episodes

I recently listened to the Transfer documentary regarding the Sala tragedy on BBC sounds and Willie McKay openly admits that he only ever represented Nantes and was never Sala’s agent.

Andrew, that's interesting and thank you. But the fact remains McKay was not acting on behalf of FC Nantes when the tragedy occurred. He was helping Emiliano, who was our player at that point...

Fri May 12, 2023 5:14 am

bluebird1972 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Interesting you say this. I went on the internet to see if Mark McKay and his agency were still in business, which seems to be still in business. And came across a Sky News article. Cut and pasted some of it here as I couldn’t paste the link. Mark McKay says he was involved in making arrangements in conjunction with ES’s agent. This seems fo support the claim Willy McKay wasn’t his agent. I hadn’t seen this before. I think we all agree on our opinion of old man McKay, and that if he were solely responsible and that he’s bankrupt would be a futile route to claim compensation. But it isn’t just him.

Football agent Mark McKay has confirmed he arranged the flight that was carrying striker Emiliano Sala to Cardiff, but has denied reports he or his family owned the plane.

On Wednesday evening, Guernsey Police confirmed the search to find the Piper Malibu that was carrying Sala and pilot David Ibbotson had been called off for the day, almost two days after the plane lost contact and disappeared off the radar near Alderney, in the Channel Islands.

Sala's audio message from plane
Sala 'declined Cardiff travel offer'
McKay, one of Sala's intermediaries involved in the £15m deal to bring him from Nantes to Cardiff, released a statement saying he was involved in the Cardiff player's travel arrangements, but denied reports that he was the owner of the plane.

"I can confirm that when Emiliano made myself and his agent Meissa N'Diaye aware that he wished to travel back to Nantes following his medical and signing on Friday, I began to look into arranging a private flight to take him to Nantes on Saturday morning," said McKay.

Fri May 12, 2023 5:48 am

I will just make my final statement on this subject like before:

Tan has lost the three previous cases on this subject at a high cost to our club and dragged Cardiff City through the mud and even fought on the grounds that Sala was not our player, way low that.

Tried to Sue the Insurance.

Now he wants to blame Nantes for Emiliano’s actions whilst he was a Cardiff City player.

We are under a Transfer Embargo nor for a long time.

Tan will without doubt lose the next case after being told he could not go through the normal courts anymore, so is now trying civil action.

Please Tan stop All this and concentrate on getting our club back to normality.

Fri May 12, 2023 6:35 am

Sven wrote:

Thank you for providing this important, no very important, piece of information that I was not aware of

If it transpires that Mr McKay was the recognised football agent of ES and that ES contacted his agent to arrange a flight for him (in exchange for football lessons for his kids) then, in my opinion, yes it does drastically reduce our prospects of success.

I don't mind admitting that. I can only form an opinion based on what I know

Fri May 12, 2023 7:04 am

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sport-cover/beraterfirma/berater/1881

Meissa N'Diaye agency clearly an emphasis on French players.

If this agency used McKay to organise flights for other players they represented this, in my opinion, weakens our case against Nantes but potentially means that McKay was acting for Sport Cover and it could be that Sport Cover are vicariously liable for his actions

As to payment - this could be one for Sport Cover insurers

One thing I'm convinced of Nantes need to be paid

Fri May 12, 2023 7:18 am

Chris, although I said I would not add more on this ( as I get accused of being a Tan lover YAWN ) debate.
One thing I notice is , how can a BANNED agent act for any club or person? Surely this will be acted on? Nothing to do with us mind or will NW be dragged back into it.

Fri May 12, 2023 8:02 am

It's unbelievable isn't it.

Mckay gets banned yet were dealing with him. ES was dealing with him. The sports cover agency was dealing with him and so were Nantes. Not to mention other clubs who we did not know about.

Then there is Peter Ridsdale. Banned from being a director but still prominent in several organisations.

Does "banned" actually mean anything??

Fri May 12, 2023 8:16 am

Paul Keevil wrote:It's unbelievable isn't it.

Mckay gets banned yet were dealing with him. ES was dealing with him. The sports cover agency was dealing with him and so were Nantes. Not to mention other clubs who we did not know about.

Then there is Peter Ridsdale. Banned from being a director but still prominent in several organisations.

Sadly Paul,

It means nothing being banned.

It’s who you know.

Fri May 12, 2023 9:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly Paul,

It’s who you know.

Too right Annis and I bet The Riddler is loving it.!!!
People forget sometimes what he did to us. Grrrrrr

Fri May 12, 2023 9:40 am

JulesK wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sadly Paul,

It’s who you know.

Too right Annis and I bet The Riddler is loving it.!!!
People forget sometimes what he did to us. Grrrrrr

I agree Jules.

Fri May 12, 2023 10:22 am

Sven wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Andrew, that's interesting and thank you. But the fact remains McKay was not acting on behalf of FC Nantes when the tragedy occurred. He was helping Emiliano, who was our player at that point...

Not me Chris, I'm 10 years older! :old: :thumbup:

Fri May 12, 2023 10:24 am

Sven wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
Sven wrote:

That’s exactly what happened Chris and that’s why we have NO case at all.

Just more agony and wasted money.

Fri May 12, 2023 10:26 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Exactly Simon,

Shocking

Is it in the best interests of Cardiff City football club? It’s not in my opinion, embargo, downward spiral
To relegation. This is all about Tan and his ego in my opinion.

But winning back £15m or some of it would be in the interests of the club, clearly!!

So it is just a matter of different sides of the argument, surely you can accept that ?

Fri May 12, 2023 10:33 am

I do see that this is a divisive matter but every single person on this topic is just guessing (I include myself in this) as we simply haven’t seen the court papers from either side.

As I have said previously. The civil courts will decide at High Court level. If there is a case brought that doesn’t have a “reasonable” prospect of success then the judge, at an early stage, will indicate that in a public hearing and/or issue a summary judgment dismissing the claim.

I would suggest we wait for that before making our own judgements on the validity of Tan’s actions.

Fri May 12, 2023 11:01 am

piledriver64 wrote:I do see that this is a divisive matter but every single person on this topic is just guessing (I include myself in this) as we simply haven’t seen the court papers from either side.

As I have said previously. The civil courts will decide at High Court level. If there is a case brought that doesn’t have a “reasonable” prospect of success then the judge, at an early stage, will indicate that in a public hearing and/or issue a summary judgment dismissing the claim.

I would suggest we wait for that before making our own judgements on the validity of Tan’s actions.

I am happy to include myself on that. I have a legal background and, even to me, it is not clear cut. I guess that is why the club have several kings counsel (best barristers) advising them

I have always felt we had a good case against Nantes. Today that changed when new information came to me via Sven.

If ES asked his agent (sports cover) to speak with Mckay then our claim is against Sports Cover and not Nantes - but for the same amount of money

Fri May 12, 2023 11:14 am

piledriver64 wrote:I do see that this is a divisive matter but every single person on this topic is just guessing (I include myself in this) as we simply haven’t seen the court papers from either side.

Glad youve agreed that your guessing.

Listen I stated 4 yrs ago Emiliano was 100% our player, i got by the usual suspects saying exactly what your saying once again.
Have YOU and the others forgot you backed Tan on that and for me that was very low.

Emiliano was our player and Tan has been proven wrong on three different occasions.

Now hes blaming Nantes for what happened, I can state now, NO Case for Nantes to answer.
Plus why do you think the courts have thrown it all out and Tan has been told your only option now is Civil as hes been proved wrong time and time again.

IT WAS NOT CARDIFF CITY'S OR NANTES FAULT / IT WAS THE AGENT & PILOT'S FOR THE LAST TIME.