Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who gets your vote on July 4th?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: O/T General Election on July 4th

Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:10 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
powysblue wrote:If you voted FOR Brexit for any reason out of the very many there were, Here is an ex BBC lefty , who is very close to people in the Labour party, Giving an Honest (as he see's it) account of what Labour will really do if they win a large majority.

Most of us who Voted FOR Brexit and are in the Centre or Centre Right of British Voters or even if you are not and voted Brexit, This little video should give you a clue as to what Labour (say one thing and then do another under pressure from the left), really intend to do ?

I admit that, as everyone can feel and see the Conservatives have messed up BIG time but sometimes "Better the devil you know".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dnBBiEFogs

I’m sorry but seeing what the Tories have done over the years and still thinking “but the others may be worse” is mental to me.

Judge people on what they’ve done not what you think they may do.

Starmer endorsed Corbyn. I can only judge him upon that. Never judge a book, but you may have just confessed to being mental.

Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:33 am

rumpo kid wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:
powysblue wrote:If you voted FOR Brexit for any reason out of the very many there were, Here is an ex BBC lefty , who is very close to people in the Labour party, Giving an Honest (as he see's it) account of what Labour will really do if they win a large majority.

Most of us who Voted FOR Brexit and are in the Centre or Centre Right of British Voters or even if you are not and voted Brexit, This little video should give you a clue as to what Labour (say one thing and then do another under pressure from the left), really intend to do ?

I admit that, as everyone can feel and see the Conservatives have messed up BIG time but sometimes "Better the devil you know".

I’m sorry but seeing what the Tories have done over the years and still thinking “but the others may be worse” is mental to me.

Starmer endorsed Corbyn. I can only judge him upon that. Never judge a book, but you may have just confessed to being mental.

Please tell me one thing that Corbyn did that comes even close to what the Tories have done. Proper stuff now not media lies and scaremongering

Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:10 am

And I’m by no means a Labour voter. I just find the notion that “the other ones will probably be worse” a ridiculous and lazy one.

Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:30 am

blemmy wrote:
Jock wrote:
blemmy wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Lastest poll I have seen:

Labour 46
Tory 21
Reform 12

This will give Labour 460 seats with the Conservative down to 43 seats with Riski even losing his seat.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... -seat-poll

My point exactly!! Forget what your political alliances are and just look at the hard numbers!! - Reform will not win a seat - they cannot, because they and the Tories are splitting the anti Labour vote thus giving the seat to Labour in the vast majority of cases!! Farage knows this too - it is a simple matter of mathematics - but he is happy if Reform wins no seats as he will also achieve his revenge ambition to decimate the Tories because they expelled him for his racism! And like he always has done - Farage will then disappear back to his mate Trump.

Expelled for racism? When did this happen and which race did he discriminate against?

Go on facebook and look for Paul Evans (avatar is a koi carp) and send me a friend request and I will provide the information you requested.

Don’t do Facebook mate, just tell me when Farrage was expelled from the Tory Party for racism.

Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:36 am

Underhill1927 wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Please tell me one thing that Corbyn did that comes even close to what the Tories have done. Proper stuff now not media lies and scaremongering

Attended IRA murderers funerals, laid a wreathe at a Black September Shrine, said (if in power) he’d smash Capitalism, smash globalism and smash the EU, then refused to support Brexit. Praised Marxist nut jobs like Chavez and Castro and worst of all humped Diane Abbot.

Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Quite interesting, but only a single poll. Reform are now 1pt ahead of the Conservatives. I guess it sort of mirrors the poll above. :bluebird:

https://www.ft.com/content/f71f6d18-ae9 ... 1f616768bb

Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:37 pm

Reform will take some Tory votes but will get very few MP's - will be a Labour landslide victory. Lib dems will do well in the South West

Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:44 pm

If you boff Dianne Abbot you have serious mental health issues. Hindsight backed this Communist wholeheartedly.
What has happened to the Labour Party?

The Tories aren’t much better, but Labour will make the rich less wealthy and the poor poorer.
Is that creep in the Senedd still daring to show his face in public.
Blair is at fault for trying to make Politicians look cool as opposed to taking care of business. All we got was tarts.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:44 pm

According to a couple of polls Reform have overtaken the Conservatives.

Now I am expecting a total collapse of the Conservative party resulting in a landslide victory for labour. I'm in the majority here. If these Polls prove right then we are going to see a number of Reform MPs in the next Parliament. Some are saying this is going to range between 5 to 20 of them. i would have thought it could be a lot more than that with a total swipe out of Tories, 30 seats for them it has been mentioned. This will be astonishing.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:According to a couple of polls Reform have overtaken the Conservatives.

Now I am expecting a total collapse of the Conservative party resulting in a landslide victory for labour. I'm in the majority here. If these Polls prove right then we are going to see a number of Reform MPs in the next Parliament. Some are saying this is going to range between 5 to 20 of them. i would have thought it could be a lot more than that with a total swipe out of Tories, 30 seats for them it has been mentioned. This will be astonishing.

Do not for a second believe a Labour landslide is likely.

We need a swing of over 12% to win a majority of one. It is by no means certain we will get a majority, although I believe we will have the most seats.

Reform will get a lot of votes but at most three MPs. But it gives them a platform to control the debate in opposition because their number of votes will be high.

A possibility of a Tory wipeout depends on the Lib Dems. They are the main challengers in most Tory seats so if they do well, the Tories are in massive massive trouble.

Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:51 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:According to a couple of polls Reform have overtaken the Conservatives.

We need a swing of over 12% to win a majority of one. It is by no means certain we will get a majority, although I believe we will have the most seats.

Reform will get a lot of votes but at most three MPs. But it gives them a platform to control the debate in opposition because their number of votes will be high.

A possibility of a Tory wipeout depends on the Lib Dems. They are the main challengers in most Tory seats so if they do well, the Tories are in massive massive trouble.

I'm with you on this , I think it will be closer than the polls suggest ,either a small majority for labour or a hung parliament. Labour will be in power tho .

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:08 am

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I'm with you on this , I think it will be closer than the polls suggest ,either a small majority for labour or a hung parliament. Labour will be in power tho .

It will be a landslide, Reform will split the vote and make the majority significantly higher now that Farage is in full campaign mode, they'll probably only win up to three seats but will cause massive damage to the Conservatives.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:32 am

Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

It will be a landslide, Reform will split the vote and make the majority significantly higher now that Farage is in full campaign mode, they'll probably only win up to three seats but will cause massive damage to the Conservatives.

Think you’re right, Labour will have a huge majority but the turn out will probably be the lowest ever.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:34 am

Jock wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Think you’re right, Labour will have a huge majority but the turn out will probably be the lowest ever.

Yes, I've never known people be so disappointed in politicians.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:44 am

Latest poll is predicting a Labour landslide with the Conservatives returning only 53 MPs. For me this picture looks quite bleak not because of the lack of Tories returning but the spread of Red across the country. The Conservatives deserve what is coming to them with Labour not really having to campaign hard enough to get in. I feel Labour are keeping their noses clean and letting Farage of the Reform party doing their dirty work and that is attacking the Tories hard of which for me he is doing a good job.

There are a number of top Tories in danger of losing their jobs and that includes their leader Risky and their future leader Penny Mordaunt. Personnally I'm looking forward to the Election night and watching those glum Tory faces lose their seats but the big drawback for me is seeing a big wave of new Labour appearing on our shores. My hope is we will see this Revolt happening and that will be down to the electorate holding their nerves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:58 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Latest poll is predicting a Labour landslide with the Conservatives returning only 53 MPs. For me this picture looks quite bleak not because of the lack of Tories returning but the spread of Red across the country. The Conservatives deserve what is coming to them with Labour not really having to campaign hard enough to get in. I feel Labour are keeping their noses clean and letting Farage of the Reform party doing their dirty work and that is attacking the Tories hard of which for me he is doing a good job.

There are a number of top Tories in danger of losing their jobs and that includes their leader Risky and their future leader Penny Mordaunt. Personnally I'm looking forward to the Election night and watching those glum Tory faces lose their seats but the big drawback for me is seeing a big wave of new Labour appearing on our shores. My hope is we will see this Revolt happening and that will be down to the electorate holding their nerves.

Mordaunt had Bill Gates write the foreword to her book, Starmer said he’s more comfortable attending WEF meetings than sitting in the HoC. They’re all Globalist shills.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:25 am

Labour are certainly doing a good job of keeping the shadow cabinet from saying anything. God help us.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:19 pm

So all those voting for Reform. Are you happy with moving to a n insurance based health care system as Farage has stated ?

If you are can you then explain where the extra, minimum, £750 per adult per month is going to come from in your household budgets ?

That £750 per month will give you the bare minimum cover too.

Are wages going to increase to that extent to cover it ? People really need to read what Reform stand for. Stopping the boats is just a side show, their real policies make the Tories look tame in terms of threatening the economy.

If you think that Farage and the rest of his posh boys is going to look after the real working man then I think, if they ever got into power, you would live to regret that .

Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:30 pm

when you look at angela rayner. do you see a future cabinet minister, or someone you might see when you go out dogging on a friday night?

Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:59 pm

blue note wrote:when you look at angela rayner. do you see a future cabinet minister, or someone you might see when you go out dogging on a friday night?

Not really but if I did I think I'd see her with quite a few torn off Tory peckers in her hand on her way back to her car!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:02 pm

piledriver64 wrote:So all those voting for Reform. Are you happy with moving to a n insurance based health care system as Farage has stated ?

If you are can you then explain where the extra, minimum, £750 per adult per month is going to come from in your household budgets ?

Are wages going to increase to that extent to cover it ? People really need to read what Reform stand for. Stopping the boats is just a side show, their real policies make the Tories look tame in terms of threatening the economy.

If you think that Farage and the rest of his posh boys is going to look after the real working man then I think, if they ever got into power, you would live to regret that .

Don't worry about that - the Tories may get back in after about 10 years bur Reform have already peaked at zero seats and will disappear in a few months time exactly like UKIP and the Brexit Party did - of course there may be another Farage resurrection at some future date under another new name!!
:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:04 pm

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:Labour are certainly doing a good job of keeping the shadow cabinet from saying anything. God help us.

At the moment but just wait until after 5th July!! :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:14 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Latest poll is predicting a Labour landslide with the Conservatives returning only 53 MPs. For me this picture looks quite bleak not because of the lack of Tories returning but the spread of Red across the country. The Conservatives deserve what is coming to them with Labour not really having to campaign hard enough to get in. I feel Labour are keeping their noses clean and letting Farage of the Reform party doing their dirty work and that is attacking the Tories hard of which for me he is doing a good job.

Looking forward to staying up election night and watch this predicted landslide Labour victory become reality after 14 years of sleazy Tory incompetence and the thought of several Senior Tory incompetents lose their seats will provide added spice!! LABOUR VOTERS NEED TO GET OUT AND VOTE ON 4TH JULY SO WE KICK THE TORIES INTO OBLIVION - NO COMPLACENCY - LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN - so from the 5th July we can move this country forward again!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:35 pm

blemmy wrote:

Looking forward to staying up election night and watch this predicted landslide Labour victory become reality after 14 years of sleazy Tory incompetence and the thought of several Senior Tory incompetents lose their seats will provide added spice!! LABOUR VOTERS NEED TO GET OUT AND VOTE ON 4TH JULY SO WE KICK THE TORIES INTO OBLIVION - NO COMPLACENCY - LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN - so from the 5th July we can move this country forward again!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Shame labour politicians been taking wales backwards for years! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:47 pm

For me Reform are a protest vote, they have no chance of forming a government so they can promise us anything, it doesn’t matter. The Tory’s have been a disaster but Labour will be even worse. Anyone believing Starmer is the answer really should put the crack pipe down. We need secure borders, lower taxes, a smaller public sector an end to retarded Wokery and a return to pragmatic decision making. Tragically our choices are Roland Rat, Sir Flip flop or that clown shoe From the Lib Dem’s who shows his leadership qualities by falling off a paddle board or going down a water slide on a rubber ring. Second thoughts, rather than waste my postal vote think I’ll put it in the cupboard and use it to light the wood burner next winter.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:54 pm

piledriver64 wrote:So all those voting for Reform. Are you happy with moving to a n insurance based health care system as Farage has stated ?

The NHS is in crisis, we spend similar amounts per capita as France and Germany but with worse outcomes, I don’t want an American system but change is long overdue.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:30 pm

If we had compulsory voting like in Australia then "none of the above " would be the landslide winner.

I agree reform is a protest vote. I have barely spoken to anyone keen on Starmer but no one who wants the Tories to remain in power. Its whether you want the tories out more than labour in and I believe a sizable majority do. Voting reform will add nothing to parliament except show Starmer this isn't 97 Blair territory even though it probably will be in terms of majority

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:If we had compulsory voting like in Australia then "none of the above " would be the landslide winner.

I agree reform is a protest vote. I have barely spoken to anyone keen on Starmer but no one who wants the Tories to remain in power. It’s whether you want the tories out more than labour in and I believe a sizable majority do. Voting reform will add nothing to parliament except show Starmer this isn't 97 Blair territory even though it probably will be in terms of majority

When Blair came to power the economy was growing, Starmer will inherit empty coffers and an economy that’s been flat lining since 2008.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:07 pm

Nonesense, where'd you get that bollocks from?
Farage has said he'd like a German or french style health system paid for by dropping net zero obligations, both French and German systems are further to the left than Britain. You're just trying to scare people away from a patriotic Reform vote. Reform UK are thhe only party defending our whole society from crazy immigration numbers

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:08 pm

Nonesense, where'd you get that bollocks from?
Farage has said he'd like a German or french style health system paid for by dropping net zero obligations, both French and German systems are further to the left than Britain. You're just trying to scare people away from a patriotic Reform vote. Reform UK are the only party defending our whole society from crazy immigration numbers