Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Iain Moody Suspended "

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
KWest wrote:First post here, after todays events inspired me to sign up and get an account.

At first, I was pissed off about todays news. The coverage it was getting was insane, and made us look like idiots. But I've taken a step back, and had a real think about this, and come to the following conclusion...

If Moody has been suspended due to suspicions of leaking info to the press, then Tan cannot just appoint a new person into his position and give him the job role. If he did that, Moody would have one hell of a legal case against him, regardless of the outcome of the investigation. Fact is, in todays HR world, if you appoint someone into someone else's job role before finding that person guilty of the crime, then you're f*cked.

What I can only assume, if any of these rumours about Moody being a leak are true, is that Tan looked at this situation and realised it needed to be handled delicately to avoid legal ramifications. He's probably looked at this kid who's been shadowing Moody, and thought that having him step up to fill the role whilst the investigation goes on makes the most sense. Moody had the guy working under him, so can't put forward some legal case against the club for bringing in someone to replace him, particularly as the club have clearly said it's an "acting" position.

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to make sense out of something of which there is none to make, but IF Moody has been leaking info, then I actually understand exactly why the club have made the decisions they have made recently. And please people, look at interviews with Tan: he's careful as f**k with his money, and has a strong business mind, so there's no way he'll have this kid in this position permanently.

Kyle, welcome to the group :ayatollah:

Interesting and considered first post. Made interesting reading :ayatollah:

Welcome! And what a great first post. For what its worth I think you are on the money with this. But what you will learn is that it doesnt suit the agenda of some (some mods in particular) so get the bullet proof vest and hard hat out ;-)

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:02 am

Crazy Cardiff carve up: Mackay's boy scout replaced
MALKY MACKAY will not resign at Cardiff – even though owner Vincent Tan has suspended his head of recruitment.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... t-replaced

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:09 am

Natman Blue wrote: Welcome! And what a great first post. For what its worth I think you are on the money with this. But what you will learn is that it doesnt suit the agenda of some (some mods in particular) so get the bullet proof vest and hard hat out ;-)

Haha, thanks mate. I'm sure I'll cope!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:13 am

KWest wrote:
Natman Blue wrote: Welcome! And what a great first post. For what its worth I think you are on the money with this. But what you will learn is that it doesnt suit the agenda of some (some mods in particular) so get the bullet proof vest and hard hat out ;-)

Haha, thanks mate. I'm sure I'll cope!

:thumbup:

Good! We need more of you!

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:08 pm

11 October 2013 Last updated at 17:00