You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Denmark v England “ Euro 2024 topic “

Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:59 pm

There coming home englands coming home.
World beaters.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:00 pm

Football is evolving and Southgate has a similar mindset as Bulut.

Its predetermined, slow, and with no adventure. When the tight move up as a group works it looks good, but Jesus is it slow and low risk.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Southgate and page must come from same footballing school? Keep it tight dont go forward to much and defend ... should never be that way with so many attacking players all over the pitch such a waste of talent.

Yeah, never managed/coached at elite level.... Super safe by the Eufa coaching manual. The worst thing ever all these coaching certificates, they all do the same thing, and then the better ones adapt and become elite, and then the coaching manuals follow them and teach the next cohort the same thing again.

Waiting for 442 to work again :lol:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:08 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Football is evolving and Southgate has a similar mindset as Bulut.

Its predetermined, slow, and with no adventure. When the tight move up as a group works it looks good, but Jesus is it slow and low risk.

I wouldn't even call it low risk really.

They have a shaky defence - they have one of the strongest attacks. Surely their game plan must me (or should be) full out attack?

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:12 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Football is evolving and Southgate has a similar mindset as Bulut.

They have a shaky defence - they have one of the strongest attacks. Surely their game plan must me (or should be) full out attack?

Trent AA is a long passer but he has a Foden as a winger, Kane as a CF and only Saka with any pace to aim for. Southgate is useless with one of the best squads at the tournament.

A stay at home back 4, 2 sitters, a CF one winger and a "10" on the wing..........who does that sound like :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:24 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:

Trent AA is a long passer but he has a Foden as a winger, Kane as a CF and only Saka with any pace to aim for. Southgate is useless with one of the best squads at the tournament.

A stay at home back 4, 2 sitters, a CF one winger and a "10" on the wing..........who does that sound like :ayatollah:

Bit different comparing our team to the likes of Foden, Saka and Bellingham

Re: Spain v Italy “ Euro 2024 topic “

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:57 pm

Spain v Italy about to start. Should be a good game.

Can’t be any worse than the game before.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:59 pm

"Trent" Is massively overrated and should be dropped.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:07 pm

That Lamine Yamal is something different.

16 and already a starter for Spain and Barca.

Him and Nico Williams are going to rip some defences to pieces I think.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:09 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:That Lamine Yamal is something different.

16 and already a starter for Spain and Barca.

Him and Nico Williams are going to rip some defences to pieces I think.

Agree with that.

Can see Spain going deep in the competition. Might be a tournament too early for them to win it but they’ve got some brilliant players coming through and know how to use them.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:11 pm

Another awesome chance gone. Gotta be burying those

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:26 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Southgate and page must come from same footballing school? Keep it tight dont go forward to much and defend ... should never be that way with so many attacking players all over the pitch such a waste of talent.

Yeah, never managed/coached at elite level.... Super safe by the Eufa coaching manual. The worst thing ever all these coaching certificates, they all do the same thing, and then the better ones adapt and become elite, and then the coaching manuals follow them and teach the next cohort the same thing again.

Waiting for 442 to work again :lol:

Southgate was at newcastle middlesborough was ok but not sure why england wanted him? Hes very limited when comes to tactics as same problems that keep occuring.... definitely last taunement...england remind me of wales over the years we had the players to qualify for WC ect with rush hughes ect but never did! England have always had players to win WC ect but never have.... yet denmark won euros after no preperation for taunament must be in the psychy.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:48 pm

HT: Spain 0-0 Italy

Spain the better team and have missed two big chances but Italy defending relatively well.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:13 pm

Spain finally get a deserved lead.

Calafaori own goal.

Re: Spain beat Italy / England draw “ Euro 2024 topic “

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:54 pm

FT: Spain 1-0 Italy

Spain by far the better team and deserved to win. Could have scored more goals but they’ll just be glad to be through.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:56 pm

Is it me or are the england games dull compared to all the oyher games so far?

Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Is it me or are the england games dull compared to all the oyher games so far?

Probably two of the most boring games in the tournament.

Although to be fair, in general the tournament has had a much higher standard of entertainment than usual.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Is it me or are the england games dull compared to all the oyher games so far?

You're not wrong.

England are mind-numbingly boring with no discernable pattern of play and were extremely lucky to get anything from the Denmark game.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:03 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Probably two of the most boring games in the tournament.

Although to be fair, in general the tournament has had a much higher standard of entertainment than usual.

Thats the point really games have been far more exciting than normsl except englands? Even their fans tonight said it was boring to watch..

Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:36 pm

NETHERLANDS v FRANCE - Should be a good game tomorrow .

Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:04 pm

So far, probably the most consistently entertaining football tournament I can remember seeing, excluding England's matches of course.

Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:14 am

This England meltdown is epic.

The Eze/Watkins/Bowen subs was pure desperation. :laughing6:

It's just not working. Steve Claridge hit the nail on the head this morning on talksport "they are playing like a team who don't trust the system". :laughing6:

To be fair, I picked them to win it. I cannot see it after 2 games. They are playing with fear and once a team gets on top, they are just sitting ducks :laughing6:

Southgate "We simply haven't got a direct replacement for Calvin Phillips" :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: Try a different system then???

Class tv. What a gift they are.

Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:19 am

That England game was like watching a couple of the City game lol

He needs to pick either Foden or Bell at 10, either or.

Needs to play with two wingers so the middle is not all jammed up with Kane dropping deep, Bell is their, some times Rice and Foden.

Thought it was right ot take off Kane for Watkins, but i would of brought Gordon on, Bellingham off and moved Foden to 10.

Cant believe how bad England were to watch, Denmark must be gutted

Re: Slovakia v Ukraine “ Euro 2024 topic “

Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:35 pm

Slovakia v Ukraine first up today.

Slovakia will qualify if they win.

Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:20 pm

Schranz gives Slovakia the lead after 17 minutes

Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:47 pm

HT: Slovakia 1-0 Ukraine

Slovakia deservedly lead and will qualify if it stays like this

Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:13 pm

Shaparenko equalises for Ukraine on 53 minutes

Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:39 pm

Great goal by Yaremchuk to give Ukraine the lead on 80 minutes

Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:53 pm

FT: Slovakia 1-2 Ukraine

Big win for Ukraine, keeps them in the competition.

Poland v Austria coming up at 5pm.

Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:FT: Slovakia 1-2 Ukraine

Big win for Ukraine, keeps them in the competition.

Poland v Austria coming up at 5pm.

Be interesting if Belgium beat Romania. All teams on 3pts in that group then