Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who gets your vote on July 4th?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: O/T General Election Today

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:29 am

Pointless nothing has ever changed in my 5 decades on this planet.royal family wealth and population all centered around the south east of England Wales the land of the pauper and as this is a football forum the game dominated by the same clubs and always will be

Re: O/T General Election on July 4th

Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:21 am

stickywicket wrote:I'm a fully paid of the
Tory party. Just been told if Sunak loses his seat
he will lauch a bid for the Bluebirds.

Takeover tomorrow.Rishi is a bluebird.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:44 pm

stickywicket wrote:

Please God no :shock:

Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:00 pm

'The times, they are a changing', Dylan said several decades too soon. The fact that this poll shows more people voting for a new party than any of those in the mainstream, which are carbon copies of each other, lends support to a view, shared by many, that the mainstream is about to be swept away. Reform is aptly named to contribute towards this change which is much needed. I hope they do well.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:07 pm

stickywicket wrote:

Imagine if that happened, the other board members would be lining up on Penarth head and jumping off like lemmings :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:09 pm

skiprat wrote:Pointless nothing has ever changed in my 5 decades on this planet.royal family wealth and population all centered around the south east of England Wales the land of the pauper and as this is a football forum the game dominated by the same clubs and always will be

Spot on. I partied in 97 and voted tory by 2009 :oops:

Nothing changes, a bit around the edges, but nothing changes.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:47 pm

Election day exit polls show a huge unexpected swing to Reform Party and many pollsters are predicting Reform are going to get the 326 required seats to form the next government. Farage as PM.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 8:12 pm

Polls close in less than an hour with the exit poll to be released immediately afterwards.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:03 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Election day exit polls show a huge unexpected swing to Reform Party and many pollsters are predicting Reform are going to get the 326 required seats to form the next government. Farage as PM.

Be good but never going to happen be good for reform to get 10 seats

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:03 pm

EXIT POLL:

LAB - 410
CON - 131
LIB DEM - 61
REFORM - 13
SNP - 10

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:EXIT POLL:

LAB - 410
CON - 131
LIB DEM - 61
REFORM - 13
SNP - 10

Wow snp 10? Less than reform

Re: EXIT POLL: Labour Majority - General Election Live

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:12 pm

I wonder what Reforms overall vote share is going to be, some say 17%. Millions, can we ever get voting reform in Britain. PR would see Reform having a much bigger say but why would any winning party change the voting system.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:Election day exit polls show a huge unexpected swing to Reform Party and many pollsters are predicting Reform are going to get the 326 required seats to form the next government. Farage as PM.

Be good but never going to happen be good for reform to get 10 seats

Hopefully that'll lead to regular media coverage for reform and their talking points. Hopefully they'll grow exponentially from here.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:EXIT POLL:

LAB - 410
CON - 131
LIB DEM - 61
REFORM - 13
SNP - 10

Wow snp 10? Less than reform

Good night for Reform. I thought maximum 10 for them, so they’ll have a stronger voice in this Parliament.

Not surprised by the SNP with all the criminal cases against them. Labour will have picked up a lot of seats up there because of that.

Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:51 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:I wonder what Reforms overall vote share is going to be, some say 17%. Millions, can we ever get voting reform in Britain. PR would see Reform having a much bigger say but why would any winning party change the voting system.

The Welsh Labour is changing our voting system and they have won for past 25yrs! But only changing it so that they'll never ever get beaten :o

Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:05 pm

The ONLY good thing about Labour being in power, they may legalise cannabis. That's just me speculating though, not heard anything from their manifesto

Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:15 pm

Houghton and Sunderland South = Labour Hold 7,179 .... 1st Result In ....

Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:21 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Houghton and Sunderland South = Labour Hold 7,179 .... 1st Result In ....

Rapid count

Thu Jul 04, 2024 10:27 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Houghton and Sunderland South = Labour Hold 7,179 .... 1st Result In ....

Rapid count

They All want to be the 1st to get that result out ...

Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:19 pm

First big name to go.

The former Secretary of State for Wales, Robert Buckland, loses his Swindon South seat.

Re: Labour Majority - General Election Live

Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:51 am

Congratulations Ned / Labour

I wanted anyone but the Conservatives after their lies after lies after lies

Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:13 am

Make no mistake, this was an anti Tory vote as opposed to an endorsement of Labour . You add the Reform vote ( who were nearly second biggest share of vote in Wales ) across the UK back to the Tory one and they probably have more votes , it’s at least a hung parliament.

Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:18 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:The ONLY good thing about Labour being in power, they may legalise cannabis. That's just me speculating though, not heard anything from their manifesto

And they keep Born Guessing honest , Welsh Labour have been a joke running Cardiff bay for years . They won’t be able to blame Westminster over the next , likely 9 - 10 years which can only be a good thing

Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:22 am

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:29 am

God help us.

The great British public have done it again. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

Has nobody seen what Labour has been doing in Wales when given free reign?

We can look forward now to higher taxes, tax on petrol, tax on your pension, inheritance tax when you die, 20mph speed limit everywhere, road charging by the mile, more cycle lanes, thirty different bins for your household waste, immigrants welcomed with open arms, everything woke and the next time somebody catches a cold the country will be in lockdown for years.

And the country has just given them carte blanche to vrack on with all of it.

Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:05 am

davids wrote:God help us.

The great British public have done it again. It's like turkeys voting for Christmas.

We can look forward now to higher taxes, tax on petrol, tax on your pension, inheritance tax when you die, 20mph speed limit everywhere, road charging by the mile, more cycle lanes, thirty different bins for your household waste, immigrants welcomed with open arms, everything woke and the next time somebody catches a cold the country will be in lockdown for years.

On the flip side, have you not seen what the conservatives have done to the entire UK in the last 14 years?

Major downturn in economy, more job seekers than ever (at least in the tech field) and thousands of food banks now required due to them.

Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:14 am

davids wrote:God help us.

Taxes on fuel, gas, electricity etc will all rocket and Gething will say it’s necessary to save the planet.

Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:15 am

Forever Blue wrote:Congratulations Ned / Labour

I wanted anyone but the Conservatives after their lies after lies after lies

Do you honestly believe we’ll get more honest politicians now, best of luck with that.

Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:49 am

Reform UK, got 4 seats for their massive vote share of 4 million (14.3%) this is why i think a change of the voting system is nessacary. 14 % vote should return more than 4 seats.

Total seats
Change
+4
Total votes
14.3%
Share change
+12.3

Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:03 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:I wonder what Reforms overall vote share is going to be, some say 17%. Millions, can we ever get voting reform in Britain. PR would see Reform having a much bigger say but why would any winning party change the voting system.

The Welsh Labour is changing our voting system and they have won for past 25yrs! But only changing it so that they'll never ever get beaten :o

Is the PR voting system used in Wales Allan?