Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who will win Euro 2024?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Belgium & France win “ Euro 2024 topic “

Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:25 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:Scotland up tomorrow, they need to beat Hungry to qualify and i think they'll do it and finally progress past the group stages. Their fans singing "Flower Of Scotland" was the loudest anthem i've heard sung on the telly. Top support.

Good Luck to them ...

Re: Scotland v Hungary “ Euro 2024 topic “

Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:21 pm

The final round of group games begin tonight at 8pm with Group A.

Scotland know they have to win to qualify.

If they win, they will most likely be one of the best third placed teams. They could finish second but would also need Germany to win and there to be a six-goal swing in goal difference between them and Switzerland.

Hungary can also possibly qualify with a win.

Germany will win the group if they avoid defeat to Switzerland. If Switzerland win then they’ll win the group and Germany will be 2nd.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:36 pm

If Scotland win tonight, they will more than likely progress to the Last 16 - even if they don’t finish 2nd.

Four points has been enough in the last two tournaments to secure qualification through the “best 3rd place” route.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:59 pm

Come on Scotland :thumbright:

Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:27 pm

Hope Scots lose so won't hear about them again! :clap:

Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:33 pm

Switzerland lead Germany

They’ll win the group as it stands

Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:46 pm

HT SCORES:

Scotland 0-0 Hungary

Switzerland 1-0 Germany

Switzerland winning the group as it stands with Germany 2nd.

Scotland would be 3rd with two points - probably not enough.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:47 pm

Scotland way to cautious there keeper never made a safe manager has spooked the players

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:03 pm

montyblue wrote:Scotland way to cautious there keeper never made a safe manager has spooked the players

Think Hungary will do them on break as Scots need to come out and attack Hungary better at counter attack than them.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:24 pm

A lot of fannying around at the back bit like cardiff get to the halfway line check and recycle backwards
What happened to taking a player on running with the ball
passing the game to death.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:33 pm

Big delay in play as Varga for Hungary picked up a really bad looking injury.

Hope he’s alright.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:40 pm

Not a penalty player initiated contact plus he grabbed opponents shirt 50/50

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:45 pm

Scotland playing like they need a draw, awful performance so far.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:48 pm

Two awful teams. Really bad

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:50 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Two awful teams. Really bad

Neither side look like scoring although Hungary should have just scored hit post

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:52 pm

Germany have won the group after they drew 1-1 with Switzerland

Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:57 pm

Hungary score in the last second

Scotland are out

Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Hungary score in the last second

Scotland are out

Said Hungary better at counter attack.... but they deserved the win overall

Re: Scotland lose / Germany win group “ Euro 2024 topic “

Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:02 pm

Germany win the group, they will play 2nd place in England’s group

Switzerland will play 2nd place in the Spain/Italy group

Hungary will have to wait to see if they qualify, they finish on three points

Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:02 pm

Scotland got exactly what they deserved after that awful turgid performance & should reimburse every traveling supporter of theirs. They spent more time going backwards & sideways than forward for 89 minutes, reminded me of CCFC.

The British teams have both been shit so far.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:07 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Scotland got exactly what they deserved after that awful turgid performance & should reimburse every traveling supporter of theirs. They spent more time going backwards & sideways than forward for 89 minutes, reminded me of CCFC.

Agree only came out of the shell last 10 mins wasted the first 45 mins without a shot on goal i blame the mansger bit like bulut been to catious
Lets hope bulut learns to attack this season
Scotland need david moyes as there manager

Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Not a penalty player initiated contact plus he grabbed opponents shirt 50/50

Deffo pel for scotland even shearer agreed slow mo dhoms he hits the scots back of the knee and his leg collapses then he hold on 100% pel

Re: Scotland eliminated / Germany win group “ Euro 2024 top

Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:15 pm

I’m gutted for Scotland’s fans, they’ve been brilliant in this tournament.

But their team didn’t turn up so got themselves to blame.

Probably should have had a penalty but they never threatened the Hungary goalkeeper otherwise apart from the last couple of minutes before the goal.

Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:19 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Not a penalty player initiated contact plus he grabbed opponents shirt 50/50

Deffo pel for scotland even shearer agreed slow mo dhoms he hits the scots back of the knee and his leg collapses then he hold on 100% pel

Did you not see player practically stop put his leg in front of defender That is instigating contact something they are trying to stop in England? Plus Scots player pulled defenders shirt so making him collapse hence knee contact Like said 50/50 unless your Scottish... so if gives it its OK but same if didn't

Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:02 am

montyblue wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Scotland got exactly what they deserved after that awful turgid performance & should reimburse every traveling supporter of theirs. They spent more time going backwards & sideways than forward for 89 minutes, reminded me of CCFC.

Agree only came out of the shell last 10 mins wasted the first 45 mins without a shot on goal i blame the mansger bit like bulut been to catious

Monty, i could be wrong but i don't think Bulut can change his playing style. Nothing he's done so far suggests he can be more attacking and fluid.

I don't think it was a penalty, the Scottish playing initiated contact in an attempt to win a pen. I wanted Scotland to win but they were quite awful. That Sarbozlai is some player.

Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:10 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Monty, i could be wrong but i don't think Bulut can change his playing style. Nothing he's done so far suggests he can be more attacking and fluid.

I don't think it was a penalty, the Scottish playing initiated contact in an attempt to win a pen. I wanted Scotland to win but they were quite awful. That Sarbozlai is some player.

As pointed out Scots didn't lose out because of the penalty decision lost out because of inept performance by players and manager? No attacking intent from start and then took until 75th min to use subs! When a win was only result possible to qualify to next round.

Re: Croatia v Italy “ Euro 2024 topic “

Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:46 pm

Group B tonight, with both Albania v Spain and Croatia v Italy kicking off at 8pm.

Spain have already won the group.

Italy will join them in 2nd if they avoid defeat to Croatia.

If Croatia beat Italy then they will be 2nd - unless Albania beat Spain, in which case Albania would be 2nd.

In terms of a best third place finish, Italy will be on three points even if they lose so could progress.

A draw is no good for either Albania or Croatia as they are both on one point.

Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:59 pm

Based on comments made regarding the Scotland game, think I made the right choice watching the Germany match. A fabulous game and the Swiss, who were superb on the night came within a minute of winning the group and gaining a first competitive win over the Germans since the 1930's !

Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:23 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:Based on comments made regarding the Scotland game, think I made the right choice watching the Germany match. A fabulous game and the Swiss, who were superb on the night came within a minute of winning the group and gaining a first competitive win over the Germans since the 1930's !

Without doubt the 2 best teams went throughfrom that group.

Scotland reminded me of us. They had their chances but no real strikers to put the ball away.

Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:47 pm

HT:

Albania 0-1 Spain

Croatia 0-0 Italy

Looking like it’s the end for Albania.

Croatia need to find a goal.