Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " BADGE TO REMAIN THE SAME FOR NEXT SEASON "

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Some people love a good moan.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:52 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Some people love a good moan.

A kid today might hold the cure to HIV, but yet this is really important. :lol:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

I hate the current badge its so old fashioned. This was a great opportunity to use one of the great designs produced on this board to keep more of the fans happier, what a golden opportunity missed. Trying to play safe this time but the wrong decision yet again.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Blue Steel wrote:I hate the current badge its so old fashioned. This was a great opportunity to use one of the great designs produced on this board to keep more of the fans happier, what a golden opportunity missed. Trying to play safe this time but the wrong decision yet again.

Totally agree, why couldn't the club just do an on-line vote to registered season ticket holders with an option of badges and then just go with the one what the majority wanted

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:I hate the current badge its so old fashioned. This was a great opportunity to use one of the great designs produced on this board to keep more of the fans happier, what a golden opportunity missed. Trying to play safe this time but the wrong decision yet again.

Totally agree, why couldn't the club just do an on-line vote to registered season ticket holders with an option of badges and then just go with the one what the majority wanted

That would of course be the sensible, logical solution to keep us happy. But unfortuntely, VT doesn't want to let the fans have a say in anything going on with our football club. I was hopeful that VT would have taken note of the survey consulting the fans at the start of the season. Why the survey was set up in the first place is anyones guess as VT has once again shown a complete disregard for the fans by ignoring our opinions, lying to us and going back on his word that the fans would be consulted and have a say in next seasons badge design. It's a disgrace! :(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:23 pm

I actually don't mind the badge. Sure, maybe it would be interesting to see that circular design that was posted up above, but the only real problem is how the badge is so far up the shoulder on the kit. It needs to be more central, like over the heart like most kits.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Well that means that I will not be bying any merchandise for the foreseeable future then as that badge is a disgrace

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Some people love a good moan.

Even you :malky:

Re: CREST TO REMAIN THE SAME FOR NEXT SEASON

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:54 pm

RFMH wrote:Pro - bluebird stays

Negative - club miss opportunity to use a better badge and engage fans and u this, far superior badge:

I don't actually hate the current badge, it's not aching close to the one above or the old one, but there we are.

That badge is a big improvement from the current one but in honesty that fire and passion logo is the most cringeworthy thing on any club crest in the uk !! It really is awful

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 pm

Does this mean we won't get Image? :(

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Oh we'll shit happens! Was worth a go. It wasn't like I put hundreds of hours in designing badges and kit templates for them. I guess the bluebird staying is the best that was on offer all along. Time to forget about the badge and move on with my new business, hopefully up and running in the next 3 weeks. Thanks for all the support everyone gave my badge throughout the year.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:26 pm

piss poor this news is

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm

The badge for me is the worse thing about the whole re brand, its the most amateurish effort humanly possible. If they had done it properly and come up with a decent new badge like karl payne's example, then at least we could see what they were trying to achieve. I was hoping that if they weren't going to change back, then as an alternative, Karl's badge was by far the next best option.

Karl, if the club don't want to use it, maybe some of the scarf and badge sellers outside the ground could use it and come up with some merchandise (if you can do a deal with them), I'm sure a lot of people would go for it.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:17 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21664218

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:34 pm

Not a good badge but at lease the bluebird stays.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8541231/

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 pm

I don't mind the badge nor do I love it but atleast the bluebird stays and maybe a better kit design might look ok :ayatollah: I can see one sleeve a dragon on the other a bluebird :lol: :lol: and for some of the scaremongers a massive karp on the back :malky: :malky:

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:24 am

Good news is we keep the bluebird but still more moaning. As for the badge I think people should be questioning the likes of Borely and Co. and informing them that we dont like the current badge, insteading of just venting at VT for not changing it. But I agree the surverys were a complete waste of time if they werent going to follow up on them

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 am

We dont know they wont follow them up but now is not the time. They may well do in the summer.

We've moaned about the red shirt
We've moaned about the badge
We've moaned about the name changing
We've moaned about losing the bluebird
We discover the name is not changing
We discover we are not losing the bluebird
We moan about the surveys instead.......

Typical Cardiff!

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:It's great to have a bluebird retained on the badge, but the current badge design is dreadful, it looks like an after thought, which is what it was. Why, now that they have time on their hands they don't come up with something that looks like it has actually been through a design process, I don't know. The few ideas that have been posted on here on numerous occassions are far, far better. Surely, now is the time to get it right, as we enter the Premiership, not after a season or two. :roll:

agree with that mate good to keep are bluebird though but the badge is shit

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:38 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Maybe they will consult with fans in the summer about design instead of causing hysteria with 13 games to go.

Nothing to consult, already been decided.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:43 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Maybe they will consult with fans in the summer about design instead of causing hysteria with 13 games to go.

Nothing to consult, already been decided.

For the forseeable future.

Maybe for after that, we just dont know. As much ss you like to think you do, you dont

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:06 am

northside of risca wrote:
RFMH wrote:Pro - bluebird stays

Negative - club miss opportunity to use a better badge and engage fans and u this, far superior badge:

I don't actually hate the current badge, it's not aching close to the one above or the old one, but there we are.

That badge is a big improvement from the current one but in honesty that fire and passion logo is the most cringeworthy thing on any club crest in the uk !! It really is awful

If I'm not mistaken the club contacted the designer of this badge with a view of using it next season didn't they..?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:08 pm

For me, it's too late. Tan has already let the cat out of the bag. It is simple that the more successful we are, the more the rebrand will evolve.

I'm out for next season. A combination of new business ventures, a child on the way and feeling a bit disillusioned with things at the club means I won't be renewing my season ticket. It doesn't mean I won't support the lads and really want them to win but I just need time away from being a season ticket holder to get some perspective on this whole rebrand thing.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my decision but with all due respect it's my decision to make. I expect people to respect it just as I would respect anyone else's view. I lost heart when we changed to red and I just feel so numb these days. I'm going to put my feelings to one side until the end of the season and keep supporting the lads but it's a sad time for me personally because it just doesn't feel like I am watching Cardiff City FC. It doesn't feel like the club I grew up watching and have watched for the last 15 years.

Who knows what the future will bring but I really hope I can renew my season ticket in the future but things would have to be in the right emotional and financial position for that to happen. It does annoy me that this man has come in and changed our club colours without consulting the fans. Yes, it is his money but it is our club. It's more than just a club or a business and the fact that our owner doesn't understand that is what hurts the most.

I really hope we can make the Premier League this season and even if I won't be there week in, week out next year as I have been for 15 years before, I will be pleased for those friends of mine, the players and the coaching staff who will love every minute of it.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Zabier wrote:For me, it's too late. Tan has already let the cat out of the bag. It is simple that the more successful we are, the more the rebrand will evolve.

I'm out for next season. A combination of new business ventures, a child on the way and feeling a bit disillusioned with things at the club means I won't be renewing my season ticket. It doesn't mean I won't support the lads and really want them to win but I just need time away from being a season ticket holder to get some perspective on this whole rebrand thing.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my decision but with all due respect it's my decision to make. I expect people to respect it just as I would respect anyone else's view. I lost heart when we changed to red and I just feel so numb these days. I'm going to put my feelings to one side until the end of the season and keep supporting the lads but it's a sad time for me personally because it just doesn't feel like I am watching Cardiff City FC. It doesn't feel like the club I grew up watching and have watched for the last 15 years.

Who knows what the future will bring but I really hope I can renew my season ticket in the future but things would have to be in the right emotional and financial position for that to happen. It does annoy me that this man has come in and changed our club colours without consulting the fans. Yes, it is his money but it is our club. It's more than just a club or a business and the fact that our owner doesn't understand that is what hurts the most.

I really hope we can make the Premier League this season and even if I won't be there week in, week out next year as I have been for 15 years before, I will be pleased for those friends of mine, the players and the coaching staff who will love every minute of it.

Fair play mate good luck to you I feel the same its just not ccfc any more is it I no and understand how you feel .I will go for my kids sake but if it was down to just me I wouldnt go its not the same anymore.Hope we get are club back one day