Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JUST A SHORT NOTE

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:16 pm

:o Tongue firmly in cheek when posted. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Minty wrote::roll: It's like asking Fred West to look after your kids.

A bit harsh, what is PR then ?

:o Tongue firmly in cheek when posted.. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Minty wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A bit harsh, what is PR then ?

:o Tongue firmly in cheek when posted.. :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:54 pm

sam hamman tried screwing this club over the last 2 years with all this langston shit,all of a sudden people would like to see him back and thinck he's ok short memories or what,if it was'nt for pr 5 years ago there would be no cardiff city simple as that we would of gone bust.if sam hamman gets anywhere near this club again we are fucked,yes he got us to were we are the championship from the dungeon but at what price 25 million pounds worth of debt,so i personly hope sam hamman would f**k off and leave this club alone.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:13 pm

or leaving the rat in charge of the cheese !

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Beaky, while I accept Peter has done much good for the club and have fiercely defended Peter until the last 6 months or so, it's worth noting that when he took over in 2006 he inherited a debt of £27.2m. 3 years later, having made a £20m+ profit on transfers during that time, the debt stands at a conservative and undisputed £37m and quite probably into the £40's of millions. His financial mismanagement of the club is equally as catastrophic as Sam's, possibly more so in some ways as the turnover Ninian provided is almost half of that generated at the new stadium. The new stadium turnsover around £16m, yet still we cannot pay the bills and are resorting to ever more desperate measures to improve our cashflow. We are more desperate than ever with our only hope of salvation being investment. Our future is not in our own hands, but completely reliant on outside investment, so quite why Peter has done as magnificent a job as he keeps telling us, I just don't see it. Yes, he has directly or indirectly delivered the stadium, though rightly or wrongly, as long as Sam was out of the picture, frankly Micky Mouse could have fronted the party. If this investment comes off, great, if not Peter will have brought the clubs to its knees.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:24 pm

saladthedragon wrote:Beaky, while I accept Peter has done much good for the club and have fiercely defended Peter until the last 6 months or so, it's worth noting that when he took over in 2006 he inherited a debt of £27.2m. 3 years later, having made a £20m+ profit on transfers during that time, the debt stands at a conservative and undisputed £37m and quite probably into the £40's of millions. His financial mismanagement of the club is equally as catastrophic as Sam's, possibly more so in some ways as the turnover Ninian provided is almost half of that generated at the new stadium. The new stadium turnsover around £16m, yet still we cannot pay the bills and are resorting to ever more desperate measures to improve our cashflow. We are more desperate than ever with our only hope of salvation being investment. Our future is not in our own hands, but completely reliant on outside investment, so quite why Peter has done as magnificent a job as he keeps telling us, I just don't see it. Yes, he has directly or indirectly delivered the stadium, though rightly or wrongly, as long as Sam was out of the picture, frankly Micky Mouse could have fronted the party. If this investment comes off, great, if not Peter will have brought the clubs to its knees.

Good Post.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:25 am

saladthedragon wrote:Beaky, while I accept Peter has done much good for the club and have fiercely defended Peter until the last 6 months or so, it's worth noting that when he took over in 2006 he inherited a debt of £27.2m. 3 years later, having made a £20m+ profit on transfers during that time, the debt stands at a conservative and undisputed £37m and quite probably into the £40's of millions. His financial mismanagement of the club is equally as catastrophic as Sam's, possibly more so in some ways as the turnover Ninian provided is almost half of that generated at the new stadium. The new stadium turnsover around £16m, yet still we cannot pay the bills and are resorting to ever more desperate measures to improve our cashflow. We are more desperate than ever with our only hope of salvation being investment. Our future is not in our own hands, but completely reliant on outside investment, so quite why Peter has done as magnificent a job as he keeps telling us, I just don't see it. Yes, he has directly or indirectly delivered the stadium, though rightly or wrongly, as long as Sam was out of the picture, frankly Micky Mouse could have fronted the party. If this investment comes off, great, if not Peter will have brought the clubs to its knees.

i see what your saying and agree with what you say,the point i make is sam hamman put us in this state with our finances,and lets be honest pr had a mountain to climb when he took over this club as it was on its last legs.we need the malaysians big time and i for one would hate to see sam hamman back at this club.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 am

Not got much time this morning, but cheers for your comments guys. As for Sam, despite his nigh on catastrophic running of our club, I find it impossible not to like him, his infectious personality, enthusiasm, charisma is simply unbelieveable and I simply cannot look back on his reign as anything other than my most enjoyable time I have had regarding football. That said, his running of the club almost ran us into the ground and whilst Peter is not necesaarily as much better as he portrays, I must confess to being reluctant in the extreme to welcome back Sam, even though I yearn for his charisma.

Ultimately for me, what I wish for the club is for it to be run properly and efficiently and to treat the fans with respect. Sam certainly treated the fans with respect by and large, but his ability to run a football club was almost non-existent. Apart from financial mismanagement, other things were neglected such as improving our reputation on several fronts of which hooliganism was certainly one. Credit to Peter, his savvy media skills have moved us forward in leaps and bounds on those fronts, even if his financial management is little better. So too, it was only when Peter got involved that a suitable manager was appointed for the first time in Dave Jones. Whatever criticisms I have of Dave this year, I believe he has been simply exceptional for our club. Of course there were many things Sam did get right, the Academy for instance is something that was his vision abd is still reaping us rewards to the extreme now. So,much as I would adore to see Sam walking round the pitch, declaring one day we will be bigger than Barcelona and ceremonialy perform the burning of the Welsh people's English club shirts as they exchange them for the red, green and white of Cardiff City (okay, maybe not the kit, but you know what I mean!), City fans do have a penchant for looking back rather than forward, no better exemplified by manys wishlist in the transfer market. Koumas, O'Neill, Routledge & so many more are always championed, despite being wholly unobtainable for whatever reason. Regarding the owner, I believe we should look to the future there too. Who it will be and what there motives will be, no-one knows for sure, all we can hope is that they will have the best interests of the club at heart. Actualy that's a nonsense, any owner will have his own interests at heart, whether it be financial reward such as Peter, redemption for past failings, or in Sam's case, the bestowing of a country's adulation upon him. All we can hope, whatever there personal reward may be, is that we as a club can afford to give them that and we are treated with the respect football fans of any club deserve. Frankly, Peter is reaping rewards the club are wholly incapable of providing and treating us like idiots too.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:26 am

spot on there m8 i totally respect what your saying as cardiff fans the last couple of years have been the best iv witnessed in 20 odd years wembley was a dream and brought me to tears iv got to be honest,in real world we need the malaysians to take over and all the dead wood around our club to f**k off have a good xmas m8 nice to speak to you.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:14 am

Cheers, you to dude, Xmas don't feel to good this morning after last night though!

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 am

beaky wrote:spot on there m8 i totally respect what your saying as cardiff fans the last couple of years have been the best iv witnessed in 20 odd years wembley was a dream and brought me to tears iv got to be honest,in real world we need the malaysians to take over and all the dead wood around our club to f**k off have a good xmas m8 nice to speak to you.