Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB STATEMENT '

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Well some fucker should take responsibility for the utter waste of money spent Cornelius 10 million, Brayford 2 million, Odemwhingie 2 million, Medel who with the 500k historic payment having to be met from his original transfer from South America and who IMO cost at least 1 million more than we should have paid .

The only decent transfer payments where for Caulker, Theo and Campbell the rest of which amounts to 16 million approx has proven to be an abusive waste of funds that was badly needed to keep us in the Premiership.

If you add the 6 million spent by Ole in January to the sixteen mil blown at the beginning of the season you should realise with the existing squad we had at the start of the season 21 million would have in my humble opinion kept us up, fact is Malky , Moodey and Lim are all as bad as each other but too many fans put Malky on a pedestal because he got us promoted and will not take into consideration the run of poor form under him in the Premiership for whatever reason ,this and the wanton waste of transfer funds are difference between survival and relegation! in the top division .
Last edited by T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: club statement

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:People will be talking as if Mackay signed the checks.

seems likey moody and malky being blamed for the waste of money on players hmmm

Fair criticism.
Cornelius was an embarrassment and showed a total failure by the previous management and scout to properly vet a player.

"Embarrassment" she says when he was 20 years old and hardly played. :thumbup:

You don't spend 8.5m on a 20 yr old striker in your first PL season

True. It was a risk, just like Ole buying a load of foreigners and expecting them to keep us up.

Like playing an 18 year old that has less strength than a fly in a relegation battle.

You were probably creaming over the signing at first, it didn't work out, so now you criticise the high risk/big bust signing.

So I guess your one of those people who is happy with the club wasting tens of millions, would you of preferred Ole to buy a Chris samba for 12 mil and put him in 100k a wk, but still go down like QPR? I know anyone who cares about the club will be happy with Oles spending, spending 6 mil on all those players, plus selling the deadwood bringing money back in was great business. Who would you of bought in the jan window then genius? :laughing6:

My sentiments exactly, it's either Ole goes out and spends recklessly in a window known for charging over the odds for players or try and buy players that can keep you up but also ready for a promotion push next season. We done okay transfer business in Jan

Exactly, if relegated there would be a good team to bounce back up with no big time Charlie's on big wages. Thank fuk bellamys 35k a wk will be off the wage bill to, to much for someone who doesn't play much.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:11 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Fair criticism.
Cornelius was an embarrassment and showed a total failure by the previous management and scout to properly vet a player.

True. It was a risk, just like Ole buying a load of foreigners and expecting them to keep us up.

Like playing an 18 year old that has less strength than a fly in a relegation battle.

You were probably creaming over the signing at first, it didn't work out, so now you criticise the high risk/big bust signing.

Genuinely wasn't, average league where he only performed(when scouted) when the title was more or less wrapped up. Teams aren't made in January though, we should have either sacked Malky before so Ole could identify his targets sooner/implemented his philosophy quicker. We will go down because of reckless summer spending

No we will go down because we hired a fkin rookie of a manager.

Pulis can do it, so why make excuses for Solksjaer?.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Fair criticism.

Genuinely wasn't, average league where he only performed(when scouted) when the title was more or less wrapped up. Teams aren't made in January though, we should have either sacked Malky before so Ole could identify his targets sooner/implemented his philosophy quicker. We will go down because of reckless summer spending

He may be a rookie, but he's still ten times better than that useless tw*t malky. :ole:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Fair criticism.

Pulis got backed all the way and came in October time was it? So got to know his squad better, Malky was a rookie manager

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Ye, we'd still be in championship doing nothing without Mackay, yet you happily call him a c**t.

I think it is just wishful thinking and genuine fear at how defensive you are over our rookie Norwegian. We are joke of a club (currently) and hiring a rookie manager just showed that even more.

Our fanbase as so quick to hate. If Solksjaer kept us up then moved up, you'd probably be dragging his name through the dirt.

You want instant success when alot of you were saying, "as long as we scrape and stay up i'd be happy" preseason. Well, that lasted all of about 3 games.

I hope Solksjaer does well, but I see no reason whatsoever to talk about Mackay this way, it is just plain unnecessary for a man who only wanted cardiff to do well.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:20 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Why are the club putting this statement out at this time?

Surely whilst in the mix of a relegation battle what is the point in going over old ground regarding previous transfer dealings?

At this time what the club needs is a period of stability and for everyone to focus and concentrate in supporting OGS and the team to get out of our current position. We can do without having digs at previous members of staff. All it is doing is bringing back into the public eye and the press will gave a field day.

Is it a case of deflecting any blame from the club to increase season ticket sales? There has to be a reason why the club have issued this statement at this crucial time.

Slag the club out when they don't give out info slag them out when they do. The club can do no right in some peoples eyes

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:I am genuinely bored of explaining that our best players were bought under Mackay. Some dirt cheap.

He only had the clubs interests at heart

pretty obvious that after nearly 3 years signing 35 players for over 50 million some would be our better players..............doesnt need explaining..............but way too many costly mistakes....all that time,all that money,,all those players..and not close to picking ELEVEN that he signed good enough to start...............shit manager
Cornel;ious..............all things considered could be the worst signing ever................

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:23 pm

I think this could be Tan laying the ground for possible legal proceedings against Malky here, interesting times ahead

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:Ye, we'd still be in championship doing nothing without Mackay, yet you happily call him a c**t.

I think it is just wishful thinking and genuine fear at how defensive you are over our rookie Norwegian. We are joke of a club (currently) and hiring a rookie manager just showed that even more.

Our fanbase as so quick to hate. If Solksjaer kept us up then moved up, you'd probably be dragging his name through the dirt.

You want instant success when alot of you were saying, "as long as we scrape and stay up i'd be happy" preseason. Well, that lasted all of about 3 games.

I hope Solksjaer does well, but I see no reason whatsoever to talk about Mackay this way, it is just plain unnecessary for a man who only wanted cardiff to do well.

When you look at it though OGS is not that much worse off when it comes to experience and has learned his trade in much better circles than Malky.Like it or not there is a case to answer over the Cornelius transfer fee and from what I've seen the lad was no better than Rudy Gestede.I think also that OGS has much better contacts in the game and is respected by all the players.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:46 pm

:lol: :lol: how can anybody stick up for malky he spent millions on shit players.

Now the key word there is SHIT

Yes somebody else had to sign the cheques but the amount spent is not the f*cking issue.

He signed total crap. Three of them don't even play here anymore. One hasn't played a single minute of league football.

We had a 25 man squad with about four f*cking right backs in it an no goal scorer.

People need to get there tongues out of malkys ass because he fucked up and fucked up massively.

We wouldn't of stayed up under malky his teams play football for 75 minutes then sit on the edge of there own box seeing who can toe punt it the furthest down the pitch to nobody.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Bluebird86 wrote::lol: :lol: how can anybody stick up for malky he spent millions on shit players.

Yes somebody else had to sign the cheques but the amount spent is not the f*cking issue.

He signed total crap. Three of them don't even play here anymore. One hasn't played a single minute of league football.

We had a 25 man squad with about four f*cking right backs in it an no goal scorer.

People need to get there tongues out of malkys ass because he fucked up and fucked up massively.

We wouldn't of stayed up under malky his teams play football for 75 minutes then sit on the edge of there own box seeing who can toe punt it the furthest down the pitch to nobody.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Bluebird86 wrote::lol: :lol: how can anybody stick up for malky he spent millions on shit players.

Anyone that doesn't stick up for Malkys signings or didn't like his tactics gets called a Tan arselicker but the usual clueless pricks on here..

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:55 pm

Its his staff his employers that fooked up. So in the end its Tans fook up. And its Tans fook up witb the re brand.And let him watch as his beloved newbie plastic fans fook off when we are in the Championship.
Ken Wyn Jones is a tidy player when he wants to be, but the last two games he was shite, so it does not bode well he dosent seem to give a flying fook already. Fabio is a defender that cant defend. Zaha is still raw who tries to do to much by himself and gives the ball away all the time. He needs a good manager to bring out the best in him. The Wolf is no better than Whitts. The other two Norwegian lads the jury is out. Are we good enough to stay up ? I dont think we are but if we are to go down lets go for it and go down fighting.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:00 pm

ammo wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Why are the club putting this statement out at this time?

Surely whilst in the mix of a relegation battle what is the point in going over old ground regarding previous transfer dealings?

At this time what the club needs is a period of stability and for everyone to focus and concentrate in supporting OGS and the team to get out of our current position. We can do without having digs at previous members of staff. All it is doing is bringing back into the public eye and the press will gave a field day.

Is it a case of deflecting any blame from the club to increase season ticket sales? There has to be a reason why the club have issued this statement at this crucial time.

Slag the club out when they don't give out info slag them out when they do. The club can do no right in some peoples eyes

There is a time and place for everything. At the mo I see our battle against relegation more important than trying to get brownie points ! Perhaps you do not see it like that, but in my eyes having stability at the club and supporting the team and manager is more important than opening old wounds at this important time. No one is"slag the club out".

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:00 pm

Thats's what the statement is doing is'nt it? Supporting the new management team? bigging up their transfers made in January and the transparent way that they were done? whilst having a swipe at the former management team :lol:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:01 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I think this could be Tan laying the ground for possible legal proceedings against Malky here, interesting times ahead

It really is interesting to see the club issue a statement like this as it asks all sort of questions about the motivation behind it. But whatever the true motivation to talk of transparency and in the same statement highlight the Cornelius transfer is, in my opinion, treating us all like fools.

When the club signed Cornelius from Copenhagen any fees and payments to agents had to be made via the FA, under the requirements of FA Rule C (v), so there was complete transparency for ALL parties in the details of this deal which would have been included in ALL documentation submitted with the transfer documentation to the FA.

We now know that the club has taken a massive hit on Cornelius and in hindsight it probably was foreseeable that the lad was not ready to justify that kind of transfer fee or salary. Moody and MM have to be held responsible for that but I will never buy into this they overspent because the club, and LIM in particular, would have had sight of ALL costs relating to each and every transfer.

MM and Moody are gone now and for me I wish the club would draw a line under this and just move on. But I'm afraid that this may just be the foreplay to a rather messy legal battle between the club and MM.

More dirty laundry about to be washed in public I'm afraid.

:ole:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:Ye, we'd still be in championship doing nothing without Mackay, yet you happily call him a c**t.

Wonka I'll be fair you talk more bollocks on here than thebluewillrise

Stevie wonder could have taken us up with the money we had last season and end of season before that and we'd have gone up in better style than what Mackay scraped us up in

I like malky but he gets defended on here consistently when the fact is he wasted best part of £20m on crap players money which had someone like pulis had (which is only thing I agree with you on) we'd have stayed up now problem whatsoever

Not sure what people are expecting OGS to do he ain't a miracle worker came in at the wrong time and we haven't had a massive upturn in form since beacuse anyone coming in playing 4 top teams aways from home at this point was never gonna do well

The fact is when moody gate came around and the leaked email of malky being asked to be sacked we Were in awful form Mackay should have gone before that email and didn't then he should have gone before Liverpool but we shit ourselves in the foot because we forced tan to back down which he did temporarily and we got worser than we were that blip there cost us points

I'm adamant had he gone before liberpool and we had a new manager in then we'd have 5/6 more points on the board now than we have unfortunately solskjaer hasn't had enough time to get us playing like he wants and we've run into a horrid fixture lost with a new manager and we've felt no impetus of the new manager at all

We won't stay up now and some of the signings made by OGS are for our season in championship next year

If we somehow pull off the impossible I'll take my hat off to OGS if we don't I'll hope he stays to bring us back up again next year which I think he will do with ease should we go down

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:04 pm

ammo wrote:

Exactly they've just been 100% honest about last months window and yes they've lifted the lid slightly on why malky was binned also without going into full facts but lets face it if you'd just cost your employer £100 for buying something you shouldn't have I think you'd be on the receiving end of a arse kicking

Let alone £10 f*cking
Million

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:09 pm

A brown envelope goes far these days, I love them myself, gwyns still spending his according to some online :laughing6:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Its his staff his employers that fooked up. So in the end its Tans fook up. And its Tans fook up witb the re brand.And let him watch as his beloved newbie plastic fans fook off when we are in the Championship.
Ken Wyn Jones is a tidy player when he wants to be, but the last two games he was shite, so it does not bode well he dosent seem to give a flying fook already. Fabio is a defender that cant defend. Zaha is still raw who tries to do to much by himself and gives the ball away all the time. He needs a good manager to bring out the best in him. The Wolf is no better than Whitts. The other two Norwegian lads the jury is out. Are we good enough to stay up ? I dont think we are but if we are to go down lets go for it and go down fighting.

:lol: :lol: f**k me I don't think tan would of wasted his own money on perpose that's taking the anti tan thing to a whole new low.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:A brown envelope goes far these days, I love them myself, gwyns still spending his according to some online :laughing6:

That must of been a massive brown envelope to buy that big 5 bed house :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Fair criticism.

I was inferring the signing of Cornelius was an embarrassment.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Excuse me Mr Lim, we're are slap bang in the middle of a relegation battle - so exactly what is the point of this statement at this precise moment in time? How does it help?

Apportioning blame, then do it behind close doors. Snide comments are not what we need. By the way you forgot to mention who signed the cheques.

All this is going to do is drag up the whole ghastly scenario yet again and divide an already segregated fan base.

If you had done your job in the first place we might not be in the jam we are currently in.

Our first season in the top division should have be an enjoyable experience. We should have been talking about the football, but no, It's just been a bloody soap opera and I for one am bored with it and with you.

Please leave our club at the earliest opportunity and take your boss with you. You can pay for your flight back home from the money you get from the increase in season tickets

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:42 pm

If the aim was to be prudent and not to actually stay up then it looks like Ole is the right man for the job. If that was really the aim though why did they give Malky a £35m transfer budget when we know Malky can work with much smaller. First year he was here he only spent about £2m and still managed to put a competitive squad together when the cupboards were left completely bare by Dave Jones.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:43 pm

A seemingly unnecessary statement at this time and further proof that Lim is just a little shit stirrer. Even if Malky and Moody were in full control of the transfers and signing transfers off... why? The buck should have stopped with Lim, end of. As a previous poster said, that's a previous episode and a f*cking bore. Only a character such as Lim would drag it all up to try and save some face. Move on for f**k's sake.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm

bspark wrote:If the aim was to be prudent and not to actually stay up then it looks like Ole is the right man for the job. If that was really the aim though why did they give Malky a £35m transfer budget when we know Malky can work with much smaller. First year he was here he only spent about £2m and still managed to put a competitive squad together when the cupboards were left completely bare by Dave Jones.

A competitive squad in the championship costs a lot less then one in the premier league.

Malky was given money to spend to make our championship squad into a premiership squad.

He bought two right backs a central defender a defensive midfielder and two strikers.

Only two of those players were any good he failed and failed miserably.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Just shows once again how unprofessional our club still is, it also shows how Simon Lim and Dictator Tan know nothing about football and our club.

We are currently in a relegation battle Thanks to Tans Circus this season, the Clown can never shut it, this statement will have only been issued with Clown Tans say so. I can not believe they are still talking total nonsense at this stage of the season. Surely they should be rallying our fans, instead of once again causing a divide.

Simon Lim is responsible for All those players contracts along with Malky and Moody, Simon Lim wrote them up,signed them off and organised the transfer of all monies, when the shit hit the fan, he went on holiday. Now when everything is calm again, he stirs it all up again.

Tan and Lim your the ones who are dividing and hurting our club.

The Tan Circus continues. Tan Out and take Lim with you :thumbup:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Some might not like this but Malky and Moody did mess up. We cant have it both ways..... if the board dont back a manager you'll get stick too. What was the real cock up was that Malky bough a striker for 10m and he was going to be a massive gain for us.

Malky changed his mind by saying hes one for the future....what future?

If any of you are in business a loss like that is massive and the buck stops with Malky and Moody. The board went by what they were told.

Do you think Malky told anyone just before we bought him "Ive spent 10m ....but the lad is for the future!" Like hell he did.

Move on.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
ianmackay88 wrote:Lim knows it was just as much his fault as it was Moody's or Malky's and he's still trying to cover his arse. Malky has gone now and it should just left alone particularly in the public eye. To continue to pubically slag him off is just unprofessional and discourteous to everything Malky did for the club. It just shows the type of people we have in charge at the club.

Lim is Malaysian and trust me these guys will look after each other.

Same as the football fraternity I suppose.