Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' 9 Games in and No improvement,But We '

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 pm

wkdblue wrote:
Port Talbot Bluebird 1983 wrote:Like I keep saying (my opinion only)!!!! He is the wrong man and has brought in the wrong players for a relegation FIGHT!!! Coz that is what it is, a scrap until the end!!!!
You all moaned about Malky's tactics and that we are boring etc, but he was picking up points (slowly but surely)!! We should have kept him until the end of the season and I think we may have just stayed up, we could have brought in OGS and his players to push on next season. Zaha, Jones and fabio in ain't up for fight at all and are soooo lazy.
I Just hope to god they all prove me wrong!!!!!!!

Foreign owners are a curse mate, you got to give the manager that got you promoted at least a whole season, and then judge him..

Yes have to agree!!!! We could have tried moving forward next season with the likes of OGS!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Just for the Record.
MM last 6 games.
Southampton L. Liverpool L. WBA. W
Crystal P L. Stoke D. Arsenal L. Home?
Total points. 4 from 18

OGS 1st 6. West Ham L Man C. L.
Man U. L. Norwich W.Swansea L. Villa D.
Total points. 4 from 18.
MM. 2 cup games W1 L1
OGS 3 cup gamed W2 L1.
The immediate 6 games prior to the ones Above for MM. Man U. D. Villa L. Swansea W.
Norwich D. Chelsea L. Newcastle L.
A slightly better 5 from 18. In total 9 points from 36.
Arsenal away and Sunderland were under care taker
Management. The fixtures for both MM ...OGS
Were I think on par perhaps the latter had the most difficult 1st 6 to MM s last 6.
What is very clear MM started with his team and after a good start faded at a rate of knots.
OGS in fairness to him had the team he was given for most part and over his first few weeks is attempting to juggle things . Know one can say with the exception of Fulham away we have looked a winning team under MM. Hard working yes. But it seemed to be falling apart towards the end of his keep.
It's fair to say at the moment OGS is holding
His own and only needs 6 points to better MM
Last 12 games. What I do know is if OGS keeps us up he certainly didn't have any help from his predecessor by way of player depth or quality even though it cost 35 million plus.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:17 pm

dannyblue wrote:Just for the Record.
MM last 6 games.
Total points. 4 from 18

Total points. 4 from 18.
MM. 2 cup games W1 L1
OGS 3 cup gamed W2 L1.
The immediate 6 games prior to the ones Above for MM. Man U. D. Villa L. Swansea W.
Were I think on par perhaps the latter had the most difficult 1st 6 to MM s last 6.
What is very clear MM started with his team and after a good start faded at a rate of knots.
OGS in fairness to him had the team he was given for most part and over his first few weeks is attempting to juggle things . Know one can say with the exception of Fulham away we have looked a winning team under MM. Hard working yes. But it seemed to be falling apart towards the end of his keep.
Last 12 games. What I do know is if OGS keeps us up he certainly didn't have any help from his predecessor by way of player depth or quality even though it cost 35 million plus.

First half of season was a lot harder on paper than second half!!! It only started to fall apart with Malky because Mr Chow (Tan) interfering!!!!
Like I said before I hope he proves me wrong.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Port Talbot Bluebird 1983 wrote:
MM last 6 games.
Total points. 4 from 18

Total points. 4 from 18.
MM. 2 cup games W1 L1
OGS 3 cup gamed W2 L1.

First half of season was a lot harder on paper than second half!!! It only started to fall apart with Malky because Mr Chow (Tan) interfering!!!!

Also £35 million + only cornelius failed as Campbell, Caulker, Noone, Mutch and co look a lot better than Zaha, Jones, Fabio and Berget!!!

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:55 pm

MM last 6 games.
Total points. 4 from 18

Total points. 4 from 18.
MM. 2 cup games W1 L1
OGS 3 cup gamed W2 L1.

Also £35 million + only cornelius failed as Campbell, Caulker, Noone, Mutch and co look a lot better than Zaha, Jones, Fabio and Berget!!!

With the exception of Caulker the others are not in the 35 million if you add them all in its 50 million. As far as the fixtures go.
MM. Had 3 hard homes spurs. Man c. Everton
Certainly not harder than Man u. Man c. And Swansea all away. Last 12 games was not gradually improving but failing badly.
9 points from 36.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:49 pm

I asked earlier to why we have an attacking manager with a team that's too afraid to attack and I was called clueless even thou it's there to see.

In our minds were going down so why not take off the shackles and go for it? What's the worst that could happen, we get relegated? We're relegated anyway playing like this.

We need to play counter attacking because soon as the opposition got the ball we flap and invite them to our goals, wing play clearly doesn't work so change formation and try another tactic.

I think we'll pull it off and stay up but only by the hairs on our chiny chin chins.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:39 am

For me OGS is just too nice, he comes across as all smiley & without a care in the world but is it what you really want in a dogfight to stay up? He worked under Fergie but is certainly no chip off the old block, we come out second half worse than the first so he certainly ain't putting the wind up the players, was'nt it Frankie Burrows who after the team played a shite first half & sent them back out at half time to stand in the cold? He should have done that against Swansea but instead they carried on as bad as the first half, players just don't seem to respond to him.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:05 am

Why aren't the players 'up for it' with Ole like they were most games under Malky?

I think it's because they are out if their comfort zone trying to play the football being asked of them. Yes, under Malky the football was dire, but he brought players (the majority still here) to play a certain style and I honestly believe we were organised and hard to beat - so much so we'd have had more than enough to stay up this season.
Now we'll never know though due to Tan meddling!

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm sure under Malky he would have the team more organised for Wigan's free kick yesterday.
2 man wall?? And even that crumbled & became a no man wall!
Here you go, have a free shot!

Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:35 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I'm sure under Malky he would have the team more organised for Wigan's free kick yesterday.
2 man wall?? And even that crumbled & 5 :geek: became a no man wall!
Here you go, have a free shot!

Well that's the keepers fault but there you go
Marshal would have put more in the wall if Malky was there. I OK then.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wkdblue wrote:Does anyone think that the 7 players Ole brought in has improved our squad?..Out of the 7, only Daehli has impressed me, the rest are no better than the players already here..
The 2 teams that went up with us have done better business in the transfer market than us, and will probably finish above us, sadly.

I am starting to think the same, but I will give it a few more matches.

Cala Zaha and Daehli have improved it and probably Eikrem also, not too sure if the others will add much, Fabio has been very disappointing as have Malky's full backs they are our weakest links ....

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:57 pm

HandyLegs wrote:Why aren't the players 'up for it' with Ole like they were most games under Malky?

I think it's because they are out if their comfort zone trying to play the football being asked of them. Yes, under Malky the football was dire, but he brought players (the majority still here) to play a certain style and I honestly believe we were organised and hard to beat - so much so we'd have had more than enough to stay up this season.
Now we'll never know though due to Tan meddling!

You probably have something there, Ole is changing a lot, and probably too much too quickly.

Malky was a decent well organised Manager, Pulis or am Allerdyce would have been better suited to replacing Manager, look what he did with Holloways shit team.

Still we have Ole we have to get behind him and hope the players can get to grips with the changes quickly, we have a good run in and there are at least three worse teams and squads than ours .....

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We should have gone for a Beilsa type manager.

We should have gone for Jordan Rhodes ;) :oops: :oops: :oops: