Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I CAN'T SEE US ESCAPING NOW

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:52 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:It's felt like a relegation season from the start. The Man City game was a one-off.

The whole club is badly out of its depth. The owner knows nothing about football, and both managers have been out of their depth. Even Dalman, the only sane voice on the board, can't cope at this level. Same probably goes for us fans. We really did not know what to expect. It's certainly been worse than I feared, and I'm no optimist with Cardiff City.

For the rest of the season, we might as well play as many of the Championship winners as possible. We're going down now, but at least those lads will put in a shift. They might not be good enough, but neither are the new additions.

Where do we go from here? Tan has ripped the heart out of the club, and if we're to even survive in the Championship we need to re-discover our identity and soul. Back to blue, and get a proven Championship manager in. OGS will be on his way sooner rather than later. Otherwise, we could well go straight through, like the Wolves.

As for this trip to Dubai, or whereverit is, just cancel it. No point now. Get them training on dogshit park. Never did Joe Dwyer any harm.

Relegation is part of football, and most of us have seen more than we care to remember. At least we will get more midweek games next season, price increase notwithstanding!

A treacherous owner sabotaging his own club, 2 managers out of their depth, a boardroom of puppets and amateurs.

A toxic mess that is going to end in disaster.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:53 pm

1899 wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:It's felt like a relegation season from the start. The Man City game was a one-off.

The whole club is badly out of its depth. The owner knows nothing about football, and both managers have been out of their depth. Even Dalman, the only sane voice on the board, can't cope at this level. Same probably goes for us fans. We really did not know what to expect. It's certainly been worse than I feared, and I'm no optimist with Cardiff City.

For the rest of the season, we might as well play as many of the Championship winners as possible. We're going down now, but at least those lads will put in a shift. They might not be good enough, but neither are the new additions.

Where do we go from here? Tan has ripped the heart out of the club, and if we're to even survive in the Championship we need to re-discover our identity and soul. Back to blue, and get a proven Championship manager in. OGS will be on his way sooner rather than later. Otherwise, we could well go straight through, like the Wolves.

As for this trip to Dubai, or whereverit is, just cancel it. No point now. Get them training on dogshit park. Never did Joe Dwyer any harm.

Relegation is part of football, and most of us have seen more than we care to remember. At least we will get more midweek games next season, price increase notwithstanding!

A treacherous owner sabotaging his own club, 2 managers out of their depth, a boardroom of puppets and amateurs.

Sadly, true!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Only beat man city and swansea and drew with utd due to lucky headers from corners/free-kicks... Since the man utd game we can score from a set piece to save our life.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:28 pm

A few thoughts from afar.
I have seen more away games than home ones this season. We have been competitive for certain times in most games but, fundamentally:
Our midfield has been lightweight. We don't dominate, we don't put the foot in, we don't have craft, we don't give protection to the defence. It is a truism you defend from the front but especially midfield. And they don't score goals. The main problem for me has always been midfield, even under Malky.

Most of the season we have played with Campbell up front. Absolute nonsense. He isn't an Ernie. Most of the time he wears himself down chasing opposition defenders and hopeless balls and gets knackerred in doing so. Is he a natural goalscorer? I think not. KJ has always promised more than he delivers, wherever he has been.

Looking forward to being at Tottenham next week and hoping for a miracle. They do happen. It isn't too late. This season will go to the wire. We still have time but have to start scoring. If we do that, conceding goals (but not 4) would not be such a problem. Ernie said on the beeb today that they practice all the time. Practice what? It is ok doing it on the training ground but that is obviously not transferring itself to the playing field. I can't see where the goals we need are coming from. I bloody hope I am wrong.

At the moment,OGS looks out of his depth. Perhaps he needs to throw some teacups or boots.... Or both!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:15 pm

jackswan wrote:All i can say is unlucky your down back to the championship....maybe now you realise that swansea city are the number 1 team in wales.....if you had the injuries that we had you would have been doomed months ago and dont forget we are in the europa league did you watch the napoli game thats how to play football

As gutted as I maybe at the moment, its purely because of football related matters. It will pass. And when I ook at cowardly, small-minded, small-balled, backwater, backwards, poverty-line parochial troll posts such as your life-failure drivel, I take some perspective. Obsessed Inferiority-Complex basket-cases like you and your kind will always have the whole life-handicap from being from Swansea. Good football team at present but its inhabitants are social and economic pariahs, always have been and always will be. And that, my benefits dependent friend, is something to be really gutted about, as its forever. So, as they currently say in the Ukraine, 'At Least We're Not From Swansea'. Freak.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 pm

ShionyCCFC wrote:Only beat man city and swansea and drew with utd due to lucky headers from corners/free-kicks... Since the man utd game we can score from a set piece to save our life.

Let's not get too carried away. There was no luck involved in any of those goals / wins / draws :roll:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:56 pm

ShionyCCFC wrote:Only beat man city and swansea and drew with utd due to lucky headers from corners/free-kicks... Since the man utd game we can score from a set piece to save our life.

All wins and a draw under Malky I will add.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:02 pm

I loved it when I said Hull,showed their superiority signing 2 quality strikers Jelavic being really good.

I was told I knew nothing, Jelavic wasn't good etc etc.

I'm gutted tbh. I can see half our side leaving when we go down.

Fabio is a flop. He was useless at UTD!

Tan will get bored in the championship. He has taken too much shit, he will be off. Call in his directors loans, sell what he can.

Mind you I bet the 15,000 Portsmouth fans would rather be in their shoes than ours.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:42 pm

I agree with you Carl I think it will be a big ask of the team and the manager and his staff, for the good of Cardiff City tho I think Ole needs to decide in his best 11 and if all fit start with those. Today I was looking at a team that was out of sync and most unfortunately mid firing in front of goal. As I said I believe Ole needs to decide his strongest 11 and give them a run to establish themselves and until mathematically impossible lets hope. And Ole if your reading this please make sure the players are wearing the correct studs I've never seen so many players slipping on a football pitch

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:52 pm

I try to be positive Carl and I'd like to give OGS the benefit of the doubt, but we started badly against West Ham with him and nothing has improve since. Fitness levels have dropped, structure and playing style changes every week, but worst of all, team belief and spirit has all but gone. I'd like to say things will improve, but I honestly can't see us winning again this season. OGS = Major backwards step.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:53 pm

1899 wrote:

This :cry:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:37 pm

I don't think relegation is a disaster. It happens and we should have the nucleus of a good squad to compete next season. Give me a successful championship season over struggling in the PL any day.
I prefer the thrill of the chase!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:Disappointed doesn't come close to how I am feeling tonight. :cry:

Today was a game that I felt we could not lose if we hope to stay in the Premier League, I wrote in my Echo column this morning that a defeat would be critical to our survival chances but we weren't just defeated, we were hammered.

I really do believe that we will be relegated now.

The owner took the decision to replace Malky and there are many fans on here who were pleased to see Malky leave but under Mackay we were always competitive, even if the style of play weren't pretty, we were never hammered and out of a game like we were today.

I have a little sympathy for Solskjaer, you cannot blame him for coming into a Premier League club who had a decent chance of survival, Ole took an opportunity that was offered to him but defensively we have gone backwards under him.

For all those who worry about where the goals are coming from, my first concern is the defensive steeliness we had a few months ago has disappeared and today it culminated in the heavy defeat.

What I find hard to take is the fact that I probably watched some of best football of the season in the first half but individual errors were punished time and time again.

I have always been considered as an optimistic person but I am being realistic when I say I think we are doomed for relegation.

I want nothing more than to be so wrong and it will be monumental if we manage somehow to stay up but nevertheless I will continue to support the team no matter what.

Somebody said to me on the way out of the stadium that " knowing City we will probably go to Spurs and win " and he may very well be right but if we are not beating the sides around us, especially at home, I cannot see how we can get out of relegation.

Your deluded :lol: Liverpool didn't stuff us? Southampton didn't stuff us? Even though Spurs only scored one goal, it should have been 5-0

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 pm

We were probably going down when we lost to west ham - definatly going down when we lost points to Aston villa

Don't understand how people can be so blind to the truth

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Disappointed doesn't come close to how I am feeling tonight. :cry:

Today was a game that I felt we could not lose if we hope to stay in the Premier League, I wrote in my Echo column this morning that a defeat would be critical to our survival chances but we weren't just defeated, we were hammered.

The owner took the decision to replace Malky and there are many fans on here who were pleased to see Malky leave but under Mackay we were always competitive, even if the style of play weren't pretty, we were never hammered and out of a game like we were today.

I have a little sympathy for Solskjaer, you cannot blame him for coming into a Premier League club who had a decent chance of survival, Ole took an opportunity that was offered to him but defensively we have gone backwards under him.

For all those who worry about where the goals are coming from, my first concern is the defensive steeliness we had a few months ago has disappeared and today it culminated in the heavy defeat.

What I find hard to take is the fact that I probably watched some of best football of the season in the first half but individual errors were punished time and time again.

I have always been considered as an optimistic person but I am being realistic when I say I think we are doomed for relegation.

I want nothing more than to be so wrong and it will be monumental if we manage somehow to stay up but nevertheless I will continue to support the team no matter what.

Somebody said to me on the way out of the stadium that " knowing City we will probably go to Spurs and win " and he may very well be right but if we are not beating the sides around us, especially at home, I cannot see how we can get out of relegation.

Your deluded :lol: Liverpool didn't stuff us? Southampton didn't stuff us? Even though Spurs only scored one goal, it should have been 5-0

Don't forget Palace away. Villa and west ham away were very poor too.
Some fans seem to have selective memories.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:06 am

TRose69 wrote:We were probably going down when we lost to west ham - definatly going down when we lost points to Aston villa

Don't understand how people can be so blind to the truth

That is kinda the point in following sports. You hope, you pray and you cheer when it all goes well. You cry and you swear when it dosent. You analyze, you express your opinion both critical and supportive allong the way. The truth rest in the finish line, it always does! Some cant bare the last stretch and some even love to say " i told you so". But the truth will never be reveled before the finish line! When it comes to red or blue, plastic or fantastic, that is another battle all together! Two different battles that SHOULD be fought at different arenas. I have no trouble supporting either! But for the one, there is no truth yet! :ole:

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:06 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Oh yes hull in form away 1-1 and palace away at the start of their fight back under pulis 2-0

Selective memory my f*cking arse - today was piss poor and it comes back to tan simple as

Do you remember 3-2 home to man city by the way or 0-0 against Everton or 2-2 against United?

I do - every game under Malky I was confident that we were getting the best out of our players

All comes back to Tan - Tan out

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:24 am

TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Oh yes hull in form away 1-1 and palace away at the start of their fight back under pulis 2-0

Selective memory my f*cking arse - today was piss poor and it comes back to tan simple as

Do you remember 3-2 home to man city by the way or 0-0 against Everton or 2-2 against United?

I do - every game under Malky I was confident that we were getting the best out of our players

In form Hull? It was the 4th game of the PL season and they'd won 1 :lol:
And because palace had a new manager we had to play rubbish did we?

Of course I remember the games you quote, but for every man city / Everton / Man U there's a west ham / villa / palace. My point was that we were very often piss poor under Malky too.
Tan is many things, but we've spent a lot more than many clubs in the PL in the bottom half and he didn't choose who we bought, who plays in each game or what tactics we employ.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:32 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Of course I remember the games you quote, but for every man city / Everton / Man U there's a west ham / villa / palace. My point was that we were very often piss poor under Malky too.
Tan is many things, but we've spent a lot more than many clubs in the PL in the bottom half and he didn't choose who we bought, who plays in each game or what tactics we employ.

You are talking through you're f*cking arse

Occasionally teams lose against others - especially when they are tipped favorites for relegation

Under Malky we weren't in the relegation zone and performances only started to slip once Tan stuck his f*cking nose in

If you don't agree don't bother relying because I can't be bothered speaking to someone h
Whose head is so firmly ion the clouds

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:35 am

TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Occasionally teams lose against others - especially when they are tipped favorites for relegation

Under Malky we weren't in the relegation zone and performances only started to slip once Tan stuck his f*cking nose in

If you don't agree don't bother relying because I can't be bothered speaking to someone h

You are even more drunk than me, are`t you? :ugeek: :lol:

Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 am

BadBeatPete wrote:
TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

You are even more drunk than me, are`t you? :ugeek: :lol:

Almost certainly - I'm still right though

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:13 am

TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Love that - if you don't agree don't bother replying. Great debate tactic :lol:

We weren't in the relegation zone but we hadn't gone through the January fixtures. After the pathetic performance against the saints there was no hope we would have done any better during January under Malky.

Occasionally teams lose? You talk like we had won more than the 4 games we did under Malky :lol:

Malky came out with the statement that the £8m Cornelius wasn't ready. If I was the owner I would have stuck my nose in at that point. Shocking waste of money. And before you say it, I don't like red and hope we return to blue. In fact I believe we will at some point.

Go to bed and sleep it off :thumbup:

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:30 am

No shit Sherlock! :shock:

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:36 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
TRose69 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Love that - if you don't agree don't bother replying. Great debate tactic :lol:

We weren't in the relegation zone but we hadn't gone through the January fixtures. After the pathetic performance against the saints there was no hope we would have done any better during January under Malky.

Occasionally teams lose? You talk like we had won more than the 4 games we did under Malky :lol:

Malky came out with the statement that the £8m Cornelius wasn't ready. If I was the owner I would have stuck my nose in at that point. Shocking waste of money. And before you say it, I don't like red and hope we return to blue. In fact I believe we will at some point.

Go to bed and sleep it off :thumbup:

You go to bed and sleep it off

3-0 shock lose to one of the best teams in the league - and in the presence of all the bullshit that came from tan? You can't say he made it easy on Malky

4 wins and 6 draws in the first half of our first premier league season?! Well done maljy

Cornelius has nothing to so with this ridiculous conversation - we are talking results not transfers

You are wrong I am right and very muchike our dictator of an owner I am mlmlingee leapred to hear any more shite you can clown up with

BLUUUIUUUUUUUUUBIRSA

Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:10 am

Anyone able to translate the drunken drivel from TRose above?
Someone's going to have a bad head this morning :lol:

Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:56 am

Carl relegation is a horrible feeling although did you really expect any different with the Tan outfit? I didn't.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Carl, if we were always competitive under malky why did we only win two of his last twelve games in charge???? (and this was before we had to play away to arsenal, man city and man utd) he also only won three out of the last fourteen games of last season, as for your comment about us not getting hammered and never out of games like today come on, we were 3-0 down at liverpool after twenty minutes and 3-0 down at home to southampton after thirty minutes, now this is no malky witch hunt, far from it, he achieved a lot for our club and conducted himself in the best of ways (something our owner could learn from) but his failure in the summer transfer window with the largest budget any promoted team has had in their first premiership season cost him is job along with his side kick moody.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:What defensive steeliness? We have been a shambles at the back all season. "nd worse defensive record under Malky and no better under OGS at the moment.

Craig we lost many times under Malky, that is there for all to see, but from a score perspective we were always in nearly every game until the final whistle.

We were battered today at home, humiliated at Swansea, defensively we have gone backwards.

Not defending Ole Carl but Malky's last two games we were 3-0 down at half time so were effectively out of both those matches.

Ole is changing the team round on a regular basis trying to find a good blend while players like Bellamy, Medel and Mutch get fit also the loss of form of Whittingham ( who has played most of the season) we just can't replace them.