Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Well a Clueless Club/Clueless manager and our fans '

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

Our 2 best players were Marshall and Hudson last season.
Does everyone forget that !

We spent 8 mill on a Danish flop in preseason.

We were always going to struggle with our squad.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

That's not the Cardiff city I grew up supporting! Gutless no pride no passion no togetherness no fight!i want my club back!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:00 pm

murphy wrote:I walked out after the 3rd goal cos I can't love a red cardiff city. Any footie who loves their club despite being rebranded is a pathetic plastic! That's all you are.

We magically turned red at 3-0?? :shock:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Not a bad read until you went back to the bleating about Malky keeping us up.

For me (let's ignore huge transfer blunder with acorn....and rumours of over payments) I'd have liked us to stick with Malky and bounced back up with him for a second shot at the prem.

We would not have stayed in the prem under Malky!!!

We've not showed the structure and spirit to warrant prem survival.....but worst of all, not even enough to even slightly enjoy this season!! And that's under Malky and OGS.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:12 pm

The club has royally cocked it up this year and the blame lies firmly at the feet if one man. Malky might have kept us up and ten agin he might not have, but the decent - sane thing would surely have been to give him the chance. Fail or succeed, would cave shown the club in a classy light. We had red v blue and now ole v malky. Every change / decision has been unnecessary and only served to divide the fan base further. People slag the fans but come on, we've had a hell of a lot to contend with. The impact if our identity crisis is huge and I would challenge most fan bases to cope much better. Every match you want to support the players and the club you used to know but the players offer little even in defeat and the club, well you just want it back. You are left with nothing to support just a hollow feeling so we try and at 4 nil today once I just accepted we were probably just not good enough and saw that those left in the ground probably cared and the atmosphere wasn't 't bad and strangely I was happier than I had been in months. Maybe that makes me a bad supporter, but it was a Cardiff I recognised a bit of if not a successful one. The only way is up from here and as for people slagging our fans for not standing up and we've been on the back foot since for... You try that at hull next week and see how many of their 25k stand, same as ours. So please people don't put hull up there as an example to us. Their change hasn't happened yet ours was thrust on us and we've been playing catch up since .

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:13 pm

Not being funny Annis but you going on about fans leaving early tonight, when I seen you telling city fans tonight that the away end was over there as they were wearing red. Now I would never wear red but come on you going on about people leaving early but it's ok for you to have a go about people wearing red. Sorry but that's double standards to me and whats happened too we are all in this together, not everyone reads these message boards so how are they to know, try talking to people with a little respect and they may listen rant over. And before anyone says I never post on these boards but always read.

A lot of good points here but when you talk about why fans walked out with 25 mins to go and were not true fans that's bullahit I walked out when the fourth goal went in and it's not because I don't care but because I do and find it sole destroying and hard to watch!!!

I'm not tans fan and wasn't enjoying the football malky was playing but he should have been given the season with the backing of tan, tan played games wit malky and sacked him I believe tan will reep what he has sewn were playing championship next year! And your right if we drop two leagues no I will not be going down there and paying over £500 for a season ticket as I could go and watch Newport county if I wanted to watch division 2 football!!!!!! With paying a lot of money fans want a standard if football! That's the world mate so wake up

A lot of good points here but when you talk about why fans walked out with 25 mins to go and were not true fans that's bullahit I walked out when the fourth goal went in and it's not because I don't care but because I do and find it sole destroying and hard to watch!!!

I'm not tans fan and wasn't enjoying the football malky was playing but he should have been given the season with the backing of tan, tan played games wit malky and sacked him I believe tan will reep what he has sewn were playing championship next year! And your right if we drop two leagues no I will not be going down there and paying over £500 for a season ticket as I could go and watch Newport county if I wanted to watch division 2 football!!!!!! With paying a lot of money fans want a standard if football! That's the world mate so wake up

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Anarch0 wrote:Completely agree with the OP. Malky was the right man to keep us up

:thumbup:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Totally agree that Ole is sadly out of his depth, but I don't believe for one single second that Malky would have kept us up. We're not scoring goals now, and we weren't scoring goals under Malky. If you don't score goals, you don't stay up. It's that simple.

I don't see Cardiff staying up now. If we can't beat teams like Hull at home... correction... if we can't avoid being battered by teams like Hull at home... there really os no chance. :(

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:28 pm

We aren't staying up because we can't win 'must win games'
We have embarrassed ourselves against Sunderland, West Ham and Hull. And all of them were 'must win games'
Not good enough I'm afraid.Apart from Man City home and Fulham away, the season has lacked any enjoyment for me,whatsoever.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:32 pm

It's become to twee down the the City.....hull and Cardiff fans mingling in the Ninian before the game....
...clapping them when they chant some history shite.

Male voice choirs serenading the Geordies....no grit or fight from the fans no more.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Let's be honest here, do we honestly believe we would stay up with the players we had. With the players that were available and the players we got and I'm talking about both Windows here. It's not really surprising were we are, we can all go on about malky but even he made some shocking signings this year and I don't think he would have kept us up. Oli is obviously not the answer but it seems we are stuck with him for now so what do we do ?

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:47 pm

If malky would have had a better chance to keep us up than ole is something we will never know. The position between owner and manager became untenable and unfortunately malky had to go. I will not condemn ole yet but i would like to know out of the 26000 there today who would have picked that team. The full backs are rotated every game and in my eyes the two today are the worst we've got. If he doesn't know is best team yet then we're knackered. We are way to slow hardly any off the ball running and the lack of confidence is there for all to see. Every week it's the same players who are earning their corn and there for me lies the problem not enough premiership quality. Sad fact we will probably go down with a whimper on and off the pitch. Embarrassed in every aspect today there was more atmosphere in injury time than the entire game.the club is imploding and most people think relegation is the cure. That's how bad this shitty situation is

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:53 pm

cendl blue wrote:If malky would have had a better chance to keep us up than ole is something we will never know. The position between owner and manager became untenable and unfortunately malky had to go. I will not condemn ole yet but i would like to know out of the 26000 there today who would have picked that team. The full backs are rotated every game and in my eyes the two today are the worst we've got. If he doesn't know is best team yet then we're knackered. We are way to slow hardly any off the ball running and the lack of confidence is there for all to see. Every week it's the same players who are earning their corn and there for me lies the problem not enough premiership quality. Sad fact we will probably go down with a whimper on and off the pitch. Embarrassed in every aspect today there was more atmosphere in injury time than the entire game.the club is imploding and most people think relegation is the cure. That's how bad this shitty situation is

well, looks like that majority picked just about the team that played if you read this thread!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136623

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 pm

Pre-season I said I'd settle for 4th from bottom. The reality of that happening means a pretty grim season with few thrills. Its still possible to finish 4th from bottom. :lol:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:06 pm

I walked out after 70 minutes. Not proud that I did but could take no more. I stayed to the death when Maidstone turned us over 5-0 but today was too much to take.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't want to have a go at certain players like anything in life everyone gets to a standard no difference for the majority of us working in the real world. It's clear there are a lot in our squad who are not premiership standard but how many chances are they going to get. When assessed at the end of the season the number of goals or chances created by the other team down our flanks is going to be top of the list but this needs sorting now. Not just blaming the defence but the cover from all 10 outfield players.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:09 pm

murphy wrote:I walked out after the 3rd goal cos I can't love a red cardiff city. Any footie who loves their club despite being rebranded is a pathetic plastic! That's all you are.

Pathetic!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Sorry but true supporters don't leave until final whistle, no matter what

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:18 pm

We had passion last season in red so colour is not the problem ,it's a poor owner ogs a must be wondering wot he s done about now I m gutted and embarrassed .spurs away next week s++t

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:19 pm

newid1927 wrote:Not being funny Annis but you going on about fans leaving early tonight, when I seen you telling city fans tonight that the away end was over there as they were wearing red. Now I would never wear red but come on you going on about people leaving early but it's ok for you to have a go about people wearing red. Sorry but that's double standards to me and whats happened too we are all in this together, not everyone reads these message boards so how are they to know, try talking to people with a little respect and they may listen rant over. And before anyone says I never post on these boards but always read.

People moan about the blue fans getting bullied in the past but then approach and interfere with what other fans are wearing ?

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 pm

langley wrote:Sorry but true supporters don't leave until final whistle, no matter what

Sorry but I've supported ccfc for 34 years. I've been an exile since 89. I walked out today in pure embarrassment at what we have become. I tried chanting we'll always be blue in family stand but was given the evils by the happy clappy brigade.

I love ccfc but hate tan and the rebrand.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
langley wrote:Sorry but true supporters don't leave until final whistle, no matter what

Sorry but I've supported ccfc for 34 years. I've been an exile since 89. I walked out today in pure embarrassment at what we have become. I tried chanting we'll always be blue in family stand but was given the evils by the happy clappy brigade.

I love ccfc but hate tan and the rebrand.

I have supported city for 43 years , why didn't u try singing' and it's Cardiff city ' or I'll be there, the team needs support, everyone knows how the fans feel about the blue, so no, sorry, true fans don't walk out, but if it makes u feel better carry on , good to see the true fans clapping the team off, you support yr team through good and bad.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:34 pm

Shocking today stayed until the 88th minute then watched the rest down stairs! First time my son has ever asked to go early! Both of us absolutely gutted!

Have to say though this loving with Malky is getting boring. We were shit under Malky and we are shit now so move on!

One thing that did put a smile on my face today was whilst leaving the stadium my 7 year old son said " dad if we go down we just have to keep supporting the team" fair play to him! Think he has accepted that we may be back in the championship next season!

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:55 pm

brewer918 wrote:Shocking today stayed until the 88th minute then watched the rest down stairs! First time my son has ever asked to go early! Both of us absolutely gutted!

Have to say though this loving with Malky is getting boring. We were shit under Malky and we are shit now so move on!

One thing that did put a smile on my face today was whilst leaving the stadium my 7 year old son said " dad if we go down we just have to keep supporting the team" fair play to him! Think he has accepted that we may be back in the championship next season!

You've got a good lad there a true bluebird :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:00 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:You are being harsh.

you gave Malky 3 transfer windows yet OGS 12 games?

The players dont care and its their fault. The only 2 that looked like they did was Daehli and Cala. I will judge OGS after next Jans window....the same amount of time I gave Malky.

I don't think he will last that long, mate.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:06 pm

Well I am confused as f**k it cant be Ole's fault tha we are where we are the whole club is in a mess on and off the filed yet we blame the man that was employed 8 weeks ago for f**k sake sort yourselfs out and make you minds up no manager in the world could work under these conditions a nd no players could perform to there best under them neither as fans we have a part to play and are not doing a good job of it. Annis who do you actually blame because its getting to the point where everything and everyone is at fault the negativity is killing the club as well as VT yes .

Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Cant you just cut out the crap Annis and move on. You`re pissing me off with the Malky manlove.

Malky had 2 wins in his last 13 matches and i dont buy the excuses about Tan and e-mails. If the players loved Malky they would have played with their heart outside too show Tan that they wont let Malky go without a fight.

Are you so naive that you expect OGS to do magic right away and turn City into a winning machine?

Last 12 under Malky: 2 wins, 3 draw, 7 losses 7 goals scored, 21 conceded
OGS 12 games: 3 wins, 1 draw, 6 losses. 8 goals scored, 19 conceded

OGS had a few weeks too evaluate our squad and target players he wanted. And as he said in media, i bought what i could with the money i got to spend.
I think the capture of Cala looks great! Dæhli is a player we will make alot of money on in the future.
Jones for Odemwingie was a good one even tho Jones aint the superstriker we need.
Eikrem i dont know why he bought but Berget was not much money and also a investment withour much risk.

I never expected OGS to suddenly lift us up and make us euro league contenders. I hoped he would bring a new style of play in and he did. But the material Malky left him to work with sucks as the matches show that.
Now we have possesion in most matches and create lots of "chances" but our quality is too low for this league.

Without Bellamy,Mutch and Medel in midfield i didn`t expect us to win today. I hoped but i did not believe in it as i stated in another topic.

I hope another club sees what style of football OGS stands for and picks him up after the season. Give him a summer window and the chance to go through pre season and then you can judge him as a PL manager.

You have been against OGS from the start Annis and even tho you pretend to be "supporting" him you do a bad job at it. You just want to be able to beat your chest and say i told you so guys when we get relegated.