Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: HEARTBREAKING,BUT WE DESERVED TO GO DOWN AND

Sat May 03, 2014 10:13 pm

It's not nearly as bad as the playoff defeat to Blackpool, we are a resilient lot, feck it I'm looking forward to battering the Championship teams next season already, Onwards and a Upwards :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat May 03, 2014 10:22 pm

That must have been the highest position in a ground I have ever watched a game. Almost had a nosebleed! Felt so detached from the game. It provided a weird perspective as well. It seems silly I know but apart from the 3 goals, again poor defending mostly, I thought we had a better balance than most games under Ole. But the midfield lacks bite and penetration and, for me the main issue all season, there is no real attacking threat. It is frustrating to think that with a few more home wins we would still be in the Premiership. And we played in RED! Oh well. At least the pressure is off for Chelski!

Sat May 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Bluebina wrote:It's not nearly as bad as the playoff defeat to Blackpool, we are a resilient lot, feck it I'm looking forward to battering the Championship teams next season already, Onwards and a Upwards :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Sun May 04, 2014 7:24 am

Annis and Shearer, together side by side on the tv, last night on match of the day....

one for the album ?

Sun May 04, 2014 8:46 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:Annis, that is one glum picture and you write some good comments there :cry:

The time for 'inquests' will surely follow, but it is clear that a big number of players should be playing their last games for us IN EITHER DIVISION! :twisted:

For now, sit back, have a deserved beer and everyone enjoy a safe journey home. Let's get Chelsea out of the way and then time for a deserved Summer break before we (loyal supporters) start all over again. We've been there before and we'll be ok :thumbup: :ayatollah:

PS: Try to stop Carlos sniffing your armpits when you're holding your scarf up in future, fella! :laughing5: :laughing5:

:lol:

Chris, I honestly see a big clear out, whether its Ole or anyone in charge as most of those players suited Malky's style and he knew how to get the best out of them. :thumbup:
Cheers Chris, I have told Carl. :thumbup:

I reckon at least 10 players will be on their way.

Annis, I bloody well hope so! Time to get rid of the deadwood, even if it costs the club money to do so :thumbup:

Sun May 04, 2014 8:47 am

Bluebina wrote:It's not nearly as bad as the playoff defeat to Blackpool, we are a resilient lot, feck it I'm looking forward to battering the Championship teams next season already, Onwards and a Upwards :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Blackpool really was a devastating defeat, we knew this relegation was coming months ago, but u still dont really believe it till it happens. :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sun May 04, 2014 8:48 am

AlanMV56 wrote:That must have been the highest position in a ground I have ever watched a game. Almost had a nosebleed! Felt so detached from the game. It provided a weird perspective as well. It seems silly I know but apart from the 3 goals, again poor defending mostly, I thought we had a better balance than most games under Ole. But the midfield lacks bite and penetration and, for me the main issue all season, there is no real attacking threat. It is frustrating to think that with a few more home wins we would still be in the Premiership. And we played in RED! Oh well. At least the pressure is off for Chelski!

Yes not enjoyable watching from that height.

Sun May 04, 2014 8:49 am

barry boy wrote:Annis and Shearer, together side by side on the tv, last night on match of the day....

one for the album ?

:lol:

Bloody hell and Tan wanted Shearer as manager as well.

Sun May 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Agree with your comments regarding Ole - nice guy and maybe one day a top manager but not the guy for our situation at the end of last year. After Malky's hit and miss summer transfer period and the subsequent massive disruption around Malky's sacking, we needed a strong, 'been-there-done-it' type of manager, unspectacular perhaps but experienced at this level and with greater know-how of the transfer and loan markets. What we got was a manager with even less experience than Malky and as a consequence, another indifferent transfer window and a constant chopping/changing of playing squad, formations and tactics. Way out of his depth I'm afraid. It's no wonder our players have struggled in this playing environment created by Ole. Look what a solid and safe pair of hands did for the teams that came up with us last year!

Sun May 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Not a 3-0 game. The score didn't reflect the scoreline, the thing that annoyed me is that we only showed a bit of passion towards the last 15 minutes.

Fabio and Bellamy were the only ones to show a bit of passion, Wilf had a good game I thought

Sun May 04, 2014 5:25 pm

How much did Mackay and Solskjaer spend - £70 million ? £80 million ? We end up with a strike force that wouldn't look out of place in League One. Less than 10 goals scored by 'strikers' this season. Vincent Tan has an awful lot to answer, but two 'professionals' like Mackay and Solskjaer - Mackay particularly, have been almost criminal in what they have done with the club's money...

Sun May 04, 2014 7:01 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:How much did Mackay and Solskjaer spend - £70 million ? £80 million ? We end up with a strike force that wouldn't look out of place in League One. Less than 10 goals scored by 'strikers' this season. Vincent Tan has an awful lot to answer, but two 'professionals' like Mackay and Solskjaer - Mackay particularly, have been almost criminal in what they have done with the club's money...

I think it's a bit harsh to judge ole on the January transfer window as there is very little quality available and none of the big clubs did any note able business accept for moyes panic buy of mata.
What striker out there was realistically available to us.
Malky is to blame for the striker situation as Maynard was injured early in our championship campaign and he had the January and summer window to rectify it but failed.
I also believe his corny was one for the future was bullshit as he thought he was getting the real deal and only when he got him in training did he realise he had bought a pup

Sun May 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:I take my hat off to all the fans that travelled to Newcastle today! Absolutely gutted to be relegated but look forward to next season! :ayatollah:

Our players just aren't up to it and it looked like we just didnt have the fight and passion to want to stay up like Sunderland and palace have done!!

From the chaos with tan, malky and some of the squad rotation with ole I don't know what to make of it all! But one thing that made me smile and makes it all worth while is my 7 year old son saying don't worry dad let's get ready for next season!! Fair play. :ayatollah:

Our players have let themselves, the club and us fans down badly.

I don't blame Ole personally,I just feel he was out of his depth and should never have had the job.

he was out of his depth agreed and had no prem experience so should never have been given the job especially in a relegation battle but his signings in january left a lot to be desired so he shoulders the blame for those

3 norwegians with no experience in the prem was always a massive risk altho deahli looks a good prospect

kenwyn jones and zaha were not what we needed either so ole is to blame if you ask me

Sun May 04, 2014 9:33 pm

well done to all those that travelled to newcastle. but. cant defend. cant score. equals relegation. a season i just want to forget about :?

Sun May 04, 2014 10:37 pm

blueroo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
brewer918 wrote:I take my hat off to all the fans that travelled to Newcastle today! Absolutely gutted to be relegated but look forward to next season! :ayatollah:

Our players just aren't up to it and it looked like we just didnt have the fight and passion to want to stay up like Sunderland and palace have done!!

From the chaos with tan, malky and some of the squad rotation with ole I don't know what to make of it all! But one thing that made me smile and makes it all worth while is my 7 year old son saying don't worry dad let's get ready for next season!! Fair play. :ayatollah:

Our players have let themselves, the club and us fans down badly.

I don't blame Ole personally,I just feel he was out of his depth and should never have had the job.

he was out of his depth agreed and had no prem experience so should never have been given the job especially in a relegation battle but his signings in january left a lot to be desired so he shoulders the blame for those

3 norwegians with no experience in the prem was always a massive risk altho deahli looks a good prospect

kenwyn jones and zaha were not what we needed either so ole is to blame if you ask me

There is a lot of truth in your post. :thumbup: