Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: My son wants to start supporting Swansea!

Tue May 06, 2014 6:38 pm

no problem just dont take him! besides no room in their stadium as its to small, and got waiting list of 10k so been told!!!
never know gthough may expand it one day soon??? :laughing6:

Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Chief mine said something like that in the past and I just said if you want to be a gypo carry on. Tben I ignored it. Soon saw sence all on his own :ayatollah:

Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 pm

Zabier wrote:Disown him... only answer. Other than to keep him locked in his room without any food or water until he learns the error of his ways.

Dissown him
or Drown him

( o.j )

its the safest way :ayatollah:

Give him a few slaps and call him a judas

Tue May 06, 2014 11:52 pm

Show him swansealad69's posts. That'll put him off

Wed May 07, 2014 12:52 am

HardInYourBed wrote:He says its going to be boring in the lower leagues and wants to support a prem team, he says Swansea, as they are Welsh and closest to travel to?

Just like his dad.

Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 am

TBH you sound like a Jack troll, but if I`m wrong man up and show some parenting skills, one life one club loyalty is virtue you cannot fake instill it in your offspring because jumping ship doesn`t get you much respect in life.

Wed May 07, 2014 10:43 am

I may not be a "hardcore fan" like you lot, but am not a Swansea City fan.

So I had a chat with him last night, and this is what he said

1) All his friends support premier league sides, and basically he will feel left out if he cant join in the with the "group chat" as a fellow Prem fan
2) He came with me for first season last year, TBH I tried to get him enthused about CCFC, but as the season drew on, he was only really there to watch football rather than support a team, and he now says he has no interest in watching teams like Charlton & Huddersfield etc
3) He also said Swansea in the closest prem side to watch, plus they are Welsh

So I am torn, he wont support Cardiff, so either I take him to watch SCFC and we get to go together, or we lose going to football together which is sad.

Wed May 07, 2014 10:53 am

I think you are mad creating a thread like this, giving people the opportunity to have a 'tongue in cheek' pop at your kid :?

But anyway, here is my advice, my son was also gutted about the relegation, I just said the usual stuff to him

'We'll follow them wherever they play' 'we support our local team' 'the club really need us now'
Blah blah blah, in fact I've talked so much shit, if anything he feels more excited now our backs are to the wall.

I've never had the Swansea problem as I've always made a big fuss if the Jacks lose just to emphasise the rivalry, or likewise when we have lost I say 'the jacks be happy today'

I'd just say to my son if I was in your shoes, you've nailed your colours to the mast now son, watching the jacks Is not
Even an option.

Good luck with it

Wed May 07, 2014 11:10 am

Gavin wrote:I think you are mad creating a thread like this, giving people the opportunity to have a 'tongue in cheek' pop at your kid :?

But anyway, here is my advice, my son was also gutted about the relegation, I just said the usual stuff to him

'We'll follow them wherever they play' 'we support our local team' 'the club really need us now'
Blah blah blah, in fact I've talked so much shit, if anything he feels more excited now our backs are to the wall.

I've never had the Swansea problem as I've always made a big fuss if the Jacks lose just to emphasise the rivalry, or likewise when we have lost I say 'the jacks be happy today'

I'd just say to my son if I was in your shoes, you've nailed your colours to the mast now son, watching the jacks Is not
Even an option.

Good luck with it

Cheers Gavin, good advice.