Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MINI UPDATE - WEDNESDAY JUNE 11TH 2014

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:05 pm

Cheers Carlos :thumbright: :bluescarf:

As one of Malky's biggest fans, it looks like Medel was no where near worth what we paid, I hold my hands up and agree Malky did pay well over the odds on a few City signings. :cry:

But Malky would of still kept us up :lol: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:11 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Green Arrow wrote:Medel is overrated. He's one dimensional and whilst great at sweeping up his passing stats are so high as he mainly takes the safe option. He offers next to nothing going forward. He's worth around £6m at most and there are as Roathie correctly stated numerous players like him out there for a similar price or cheaper.

Given our crap season and his shocking form towards the end of the season £4m seems about right. Also the fact he's Chilean would make him cost less as he doesn't class as home grown.

There are numerous better options out there than him and we got mugged off for him big time.

Was Medel the player that was rumoured to have been available for far less than what Moody and Malky actually ended up paying?

That was Cornelius, we paid £7.5 million and Leceister City could have bought him for 500k. :roll:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Wish some people on here would lighten up a bit.
Tip for you - dont take anything thats written on a forum as gospel.
Im not saying its all bullshit, but untill theres any evidence to prove its true then simply dont believe it.
Carl is a fan just like me and you but organises a few buses off his own back to possibly make a bit of money.(or lose however u want to look at it) this is just his opinion of whats happening at the club.
And thats not a dig at you Carl incase you see it that way.

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Carlos :thumbright: :bluescarf:

As one of Malky's biggest fans, it looks like Medel was no where near worth what we paid, I hold my hands up and agree Malky did pay well over the odds on a few City signings. :cry:

But Malky would of still kept us up :lol: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

It's a good job really that our owner has deep pockets or Moody and Malky could have left the club in a very precarious state financially :thumbup:

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:
llandaffbluebird1 wrote:Did they activate a release clause? If not, then we should hold out until the after the world cup.

They can activate a release clause but if the club don't agree with the potential purchasing clubs valuation then they don't have to sell.
On another issue is there anybody out there now who can genuinely defend the dealings of moody and Malky last summer as it seems the only genuine value signing was caulker.

Steve, if we sell Medel for £4m then it will not look at all good for Malky and Moody.

You would hope Carl that the full figure was payable based on appearances and us retaining our premiership status. That's the normal way these transfers work but based on what has come out to date I have my doubts as to if that will be the case.
I agree about Malky and moody and it's going to make it even harder for Malky to get back into management as it looks like he was incompetent in the transfer dealings and all chairmen will be aware of it by now.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:16 pm

all together malky and moody overspent wasted over 20 mil combined, when taking into account over valued players, and players bought who havent even.played.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:25 pm

steve davies wrote:
llandaffbluebird1 wrote:Did they activate a release clause? If not, then we should hold out until the after the world cup.

They can activate a release clause but if the club don't agree with the potential purchasing clubs valuation then they don't have to sell.

That's not a release clause then.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 pm

I thought you were blaming Lim not Malky? :laughing6:

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Is hereford a 1st team game or a u21 game Carl?

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Smithers-Jones wrote:It was announced this week that Dick Bate left his position as Academy manager and I understand that Bate left his role two months ago, Bate and Craig Bellamy had a falling out last season and as a result Bate left the club.

Kevin Cooper has left his position as U21/Development coach and I am told that Bellamy was offered the position but he turned down the opportunity to take the role.

Good old Bellamy . . . . the bloke really is a BELLEND !!!

I guess his son, Ellis, wasn't good enough to get in the team and Craig kicked up a fuss about it?

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Malky should of been sacked earlier but some fans used it as a way to get at tan and the rebrand ,backing a incompetent manager at premiership level him and Moody ducked our whole season up with there awefull signings

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:43 pm

The Welsh Dragon wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Green Arrow wrote:Medel is overrated. He's one dimensional and whilst great at sweeping up his passing stats are so high as he mainly takes the safe option. He offers next to nothing going forward. He's worth around £6m at most and there are as Roathie correctly stated numerous players like him out there for a similar price or cheaper.

Given our crap season and his shocking form towards the end of the season £4m seems about right. Also the fact he's Chilean would make him cost less as he doesn't class as home grown.

There are numerous better options out there than him and we got mugged off for him big time.

Was Medel the player that was rumoured to have been available for far less than what Moody and Malky actually ended up paying?

That was Cornelius, we paid £7.5 million and Leceister City could have bought him for 500k. :roll:

Not strictly true. Leicester were considering putting in a speculative bid of £500k, they didn't in the end, it probably wouldn't have been accepted.

Not saying we didn't massively overpay for him but just want to clarify the facts.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:55 pm

DanielHopkins18 wrote:Is hereford a 1st team game or a u21 game Carl?

Daniel,
Carmarthen is, Hereford was going to be the first team till they this week got relegated. So no one really now knows.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Why are the club waiting until next month to put season tickets back on sale, surely the sooner the better?

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:34 pm

ianmackay88 wrote:
The Welsh Dragon wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Not strictly true. Leicester were considering putting in a speculative bid of £500k, they didn't in the end, it probably wouldn't have been accepted.

Not saying we didn't massively overpay for him but just want to clarify the facts.

Fair enough, you're right, mis read the articles at the time.

Re: ' MINI UPDATE - WEDNESDAY JUNE 11TH 2014 '

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:47 am

Put us down for all aways Carl can't wait bored already lol Carlos Tours should do a summer away event gig / races what's happening Andorra ? :bluescarf:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:50 am

carlccfc wrote:
Jinks wrote:Natman has this bad egg gone recently?

Yes c'mon Natman, answer the man has this 'mole' left the club recently and if you believe they have then name them !!

I hope all the moles leaking news and damaging my club are weeded out and sent packing :thumbright:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:51 am

mallo wrote:Put us down for all aways Carl can't wait bored already lol Carlos Tours should do a summer away event gig / races what's happening Andorra ? :bluescarf:

Chester races would be a good day out ! :ayatollah: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1: :violent1:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:41 am

NJ73 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Of course it's a release clause but the fair valuation has to be met otherwise what stops someone bidding a pound for him.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:26 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Smithers-Jones wrote:It was announced this week that Dick Bate left his position as Academy manager and I understand that Bate left his role two months ago, Bate and Craig Bellamy had a falling out last season and as a result Bate left the club.

Kevin Cooper has left his position as U21/Development coach and I am told that Bellamy was offered the position but he turned down the opportunity to take the role.

Good old Bellamy . . . . the bloke really is a BELLEND !!!

I guess his son, Ellis, wasn't good enough to get in the team and Craig kicked up a fuss about it?

This is exactly what happened Tonteg, I also heard that Bellamy was after Bates job following the bust up over Ellis.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:50 am

steve davies wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Of course it's a release clause but the fair valuation has to be met otherwise what stops someone bidding a pound for him.

A release clause will have a set valuation whereby if another team offers that amount then the release clause is activated and the players current club is powerless to stop the player from leaving.

What you're describing is certainly not a release clause but a normal transfer scenario.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:55 am

But he's "one of the best defensive midfielders in the world", how come only Besiktas are after him with a price of £4m :laughing6:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:11 am

put me down for yeovil please carlos as i think a load of us are doing hereford by train its only £20 return see

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:35 am

NJ73 wrote:
steve davies wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

A release clause will have a set valuation whereby if another team offers that amount then the release clause is activated and the players current club is powerless to stop the player from leaving.

What you're describing is certainly not a release clause but a normal transfer scenario.

Steve is getting muddled up and talking about a clause where he is able to talk to a club without permission of his contracted club if an offer is made. A bit like Suarez with Arsenal. Arsenal bid £1 over £50m because any bid over £50m and he must be informed and must be able to talk to them if he wishes.

As you rightly say, a release clause is just that and it must be accepted if a formal bid of the contracted fee is made. Otherwise they could bid a billion and you can still say "we find that unacceptable" and the clause would be pointless. What Steve is stating is NOT a release clause.

NJ is correct.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 am

steve davies wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Surely though that if a release clause states that the player can talk to other clubs once the figure has been met, then theoreticaly the player could leave for £1 over that release clause figure, especially if he tells the club in no uncertain terms that he has made his mind up that he doesn't want to play for the club any longer. It becomes a case of who backs down first then. What club wants an unhappy and disinterested player on the books? In Suarez case Liverpool were able to talk him into staying, with a new contract that stipulated if they didn't make the champions league he could leave for £70 million.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:05 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
steve davies wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

Surely though that if a release clause states that the player can talk to other clubs once the figure has been met, then theoreticaly the player could leave for £1 over that release clause figure, especially if he tells the club in no uncertain terms that he has made his mind up that he doesn't want to play for the club any longer. It becomes a case of who backs down first then. What club wants an unhappy and disinterested player on the books? In Suarez case Liverpool were able to talk him into staying, with a new contract that stipulated if they didn't make the champions league he could leave for £70 million.

Once the figure is met in a release clause the club has no say in the matter. Nothing to do with backing down first, its up to the player.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 am

The Welsh Dragon wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

No they couldn't have bought him for 500k.

They said that is what they would have offered.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:But he's "one of the best defensive midfielders in the world", how come only Besiktas are after him with a price of £4m :laughing6:

Why did man united let pogba go for free.

He must be shit, he went for free.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:33 am

The Frenchman wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:But he's "one of the best defensive midfielders in the world", how come only Besiktas are after him with a price of £4m :laughing6:

Easy one - because he was out of contract, they had no choice.

Juventus are european giants. Besiktas arent.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:40 am

RoathMagic wrote:
The Frenchman wrote:

Easy one - because he was out of contract, they had no choice.

Juventus are european giants. Besiktas arent.

Judging by your logic of what ever he goes for, he is worth, pogba is a total shit bucket.