Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Do think this season we will see those wearing Red...

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I hope No one is threatened, I dont agree with the Red, but 100% no one deserves to be threatened :thumbright:

But I would like to see a pure BLUE stadium :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Those wearing red will be very limited IMO So not a problem. It's gonna be a very blue season. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:my experience is that the aggression has come from the red side.

Says the person who issued an open threat to myself and 'people of my ilk' last night.

Never seen a blue threatened but definitely seen elderly men in red getting abused and evidence on this forum is that all abuse had been exactly the same way. Pro-blues are doing an excellent job of chasing people away from their cause!

You really are unbelievable. Ian (bakedalasker) is a tidy bloke and I doubt if he has ever been involved in hooliganism. Why don't you do this board a favour and go off and support Liverpool or man utd as you did before Cardiff became reasonably good.

Thank you Gareth. You are better to judge me than this Natman Blue as you have met me a few times.

No probs Ian. It's the likes of Natman that are ruining this forum. I just feel that he is either a plant from the club or a new breed fan who never knew what it was like to play the Bury's, Hartlepools and Darlingtons of this world because he was too busy being an egg chaser or a plastic scouser/manc

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm

I've done my time for many a year, not that I should have to use that to justify what is a very valid viewpoint. I also think you'll find it's not me who is ruining this forum, but statements such as above from yourself. A plant from the club, obviously, when I signed up for this forum on the day it wad started practically.

I can just think for myself, a shame that can't be said for others on here

Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I hope No one is threatened, I dont agree with the Red, but 100% no one deserves to be threatened :thumbright:

But I would like to see a pure BLUE stadium :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Those wearing red will be very limited IMO So not a problem. It's gonna be a very blue season. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Nobody should be abused either physically or verbally for wearing the red gear.

I find it very sad that any City supporter would choose to wear such an antagonistic garment as the red rebranded gear and I think some who do are fully aware of how much it saddens dyed in the wool bluebirds.

That said, wearing the alien red does not warrant verbal or physical abuse although It's also worth noting that the abuse has been a two way thing since the rebrand was foisted on this football club two years ago.

Personally, I just wish those who have previously chosen to buy red, either for themselves or their kids would have a rethink and show some solidarity with the overwhelming majority of Cardiff City fans who are sick of an owner that has ridden roughshod over the club's long established authentic identity.

The blue and bluebird are as much a part of the City of Cardiff's unique culture as Brains Beers and Roath Park Lake. They deserve to be cherished and respected. I'd appeal to any Cardiff fans tempted to purchase 'alien' red merchandise to leave it on the shelves and instead support the peaceful call for a return to blue and a predominant bluebird. :thumbup:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:08 pm

When the rebrand first happened, the majority of people didn't like it, but accepted it for the investment and the end of non stop near bankruptcies and watching the JBs in the Prem. I remember that blue protestors were slated and threatened not to disrupt games. Moment we start losing, and dont sack Mackay was whipped up by his pr men, is the moment people went really anti Tan with venom. Separate issues in my mind, and shown that Tan was right on balance to get rid of Malky. Anti Cardiff national press also loved the rebrand story (and tan Bond villain angle) - even though it was a year late, and they turned us into a joke at every opportunity. For me, I will wear blue and support the team on the pitch whatever colour. Happy we are on the brink of sustained success with a billionaire backer rather than the edge of bankruptcy with the Riddler milking us.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:15 pm

Fans need to be united in support of the manager and the guys on the pitch. From my point of view, preferably in blue, but if anyone turns up straight from work in B and Q, then orange is fine, because he's a Cardiff fan.

I see no return to red in any great numbers. If the youngsters want to wear the same as their hero, we can't really say much. As for pensioners, they may not be able to afford to change their kit.

Main thing is: Make some noiz for the boyz!!!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:45 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Fans need to be united in support of the manager and the guys on the pitch. From my point of view, preferably in blue, but if anyone turns up straight from work in B and Q, then orange is fine, because he's a Cardiff fan.

I see no return to red in any great numbers. If the youngsters want to wear the same as their hero, we can't really say much. As for pensioners, they may not be able to afford to change their kit.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbright:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Fans need to be united in support of the manager and the guys on the pitch. From my point of view, preferably in blue, but if anyone turns up straight from work in B and Q, then orange is fine, because he's a Cardiff fan.

Count on me and my bro to be there supporting the boys in our kits :thumbright:

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Being made to feel uncomfortable, threatened or even come to blows with fellow supporters? Personally from reading various message boards and now that moves have been made to provide an alternative Blue kit so ramping up the opposition, I have a feeling that there is going to be a very strained atmosphere especially at away games. Opinions?

Very few left, I really hope they are not threatened but, I would imagine they are bound to feel uncomfortable.......

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:Being made to feel uncomfortable, threatened or even come to blows with fellow supporters? Personally from reading various message boards and now that moves have been made to provide an alternative Blue kit so ramping up the opposition, I have a feeling that there is going to be a very strained atmosphere especially at away games. Opinions?

Very few left, I really hope they are not threatened but, I would imagine they are bound to feel uncomfortable.......

Whenever I pass someone with a Liverpool or Manure shirt I think you sad tw*t. Same goes when I see a rebranded City top. Never say anything but can't help my thoughts.

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:15 pm

I only seen one thing regarding heated regarding the blue and red with my own eyes, happened ages ago but never wanted to stir things up and I know a lot supporters would have a go, sadly what I seen was quite harsh and uncalled for, it was the people in favour of blue who was hurling it out towards one person, quite disgusting when I look back at it but respect to the person who got the hurled name calling and abuse. :thumbup: