Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is it a sign of things to come ? ' My opinion '

Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:22 am

At this stage we need to give OGS the benefit of the doubt, he still has time to bring in the players he believes can shore up that defence. I would be a lot more concerned if we were a team that looked like we would struggle to score as that is the hardest part of the game. I have faith that the manager will get the defence tighter in the coming weeks :ole:

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:43 am

Otto wrote:This is why he needs to bring in 'his type' of defenders. Players who make quick forward thinking decisions and can play football.

I know Cala is starting to become a target for the boo boys but I think he can come good. Turner is excellent without the ball and brilliant in the challenge, but for me he'll never fit this type of team, not just because the hoof ball factor but because he is slow in his decision making. For me he would have a better career elsewhere.

The holding player position is key to all this for the same reason. Can Gunnarson adapt and step up to the plate to give Dikgacoi a run for his money? I'm not sure at the moment.

Very impressed by Eikrem when he came on for the reasons discussed. Brilliant quick descision making and always thinking about the attack and spotting players in space. He was played wide left too - out of position. ALF also looks a better player than I realised.

Can't wait for the season to start.

A target for boo boys ? This early and in a pre-season friendly against very good opposition.

Players in football, as in all sports make mistakes - that's inevitable. It's what they learn from mistakes and how they grow as people.

Having OUR OWN fans booing our own players is counter productive.

It's not as if the player, his team mates, the manager and coaching staff can't see what the boo boys see. The old style of manager shouting at players, telling them they are rubbish is largely in the past. Players need support and encouragement.

ALL fans would do well to SUPPORT their team and try to put off the opposition, not the weird other way around.

Players starting to become afraid to make mistakes, start to play within themselves and before long playing nowhere near their potential.

The best players in any sport in the world, the best musicians, the best artists are not afraid to make mistakes, it is this lack of fear that makes them great.

Regarding Turner, personally I was impressed with his blocking, challenges, his main defensive duties. He has a weakness perhaps with his distribution. Being a team sport, it is up to his team mates to get into positions where Turner can make the easier pass, let them do the distribution. It is like expecting Fabio to be the best header of the ball or ALF to be the best tackler.

As in other sports, footballers have their specialities and Turner is largely an excellent defender, with the potential to become a leader in defence.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:50 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:At this stage we need to give OGS the benefit of the doubt, he still has time to bring in the players he believes can shore up that defence. I would be a lot more concerned if we were a team that looked like we would struggle to score as that is the hardest part of the game. I have faith that the manager will get the defence tighter in the coming weeks :ole:

Your right at this stage, we should all give him a chance and the benefit of the doubt :thumbup: