Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Birmingham Agree To Sell Adeyemi '

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:06 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Tommy2 wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:Can anyone tell me what type of player he is?

This blog
http://nattubes.wordpress.com/2014/08/0 ... mi-to-dry/
Describes him as a "proper box to box midfielder"
He was crucial to Lee Clark’s plans; we haven’t got anyone else really like him, who will do his running and be able to impose themselves on games the way he can. We have midfielders like Reilly and Olly Lee who will work hard and give 100%, but they aren’t anything like Tom Adeyemi, especially in terms of his physique. He can bully players, he can win the ball, he can be dominant in the air, he can create goals, he can score goals and he can go from minute one to minute ninety

He can't be all that else we wouldn't be getting him and certainly not for a million squid.

He's a very good player and an absolute bargain at c.£1m. Blues have no choice. Last year of contract and the player wants the move to Cardiff. Nice to be the club holding the aces for a change!

If he was all of that above a Prem side would take a punt. As I said Brum fans gutted he's going but we can't expect the next Ramsey.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:12 pm

maccydee wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Tommy2 wrote:

This blog
He was crucial to Lee Clark’s plans; we haven’t got anyone else really like him, who will do his running and be able to impose themselves on games the way he can. We have midfielders like Reilly and Olly Lee who will work hard and give 100%, but they aren’t anything like Tom Adeyemi, especially in terms of his physique. He can bully players, he can win the ball, he can be dominant in the air, he can create goals, he can score goals and he can go from minute one to minute ninety

He can't be all that else we wouldn't be getting him and certainly not for a million squid.

He's a very good player and an absolute bargain at c.£1m. Blues have no choice. Last year of contract and the player wants the move to Cardiff. Nice to be the club holding the aces for a change!

If he was all of that above a Prem side would take a punt. As I said Brum fans gutted he's going but we can't expect the next Ramsey.

Ramsey has skill on the ball and vision. This blog doesn't mention that he has this kind of quality to his game. From what I am getting from brummie fans he is not as good on the ball as mutch but as I said in a previous post they said ole has probably bought him to replace Medel. That type of player.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:33 pm

Sky Sports

Cardiff are set to sign Tom Adeyemi after agreeing a fee in excess of £1m for the Birmingham midfielder.

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Cardiff City seek to PLUCK Tom Adeyemi from Birmingham

CARDIFF CITY boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has moved for Bordeaux defender Lamine Sane and Birmingham's Tom Adeyemi.

Bluebirds' scouts have been to France to watch Sane, 27, who is also been tracked by Southampton and West Ham.

Adeyemi, meanwhile, has handed in a transfer request after hearing of Cardiff's interest, with the club set to return with an improved offer after an initial bid was rejected.

Birmingham said in a statement: "A formal offer from an unnamed Championship club for the 22-year-old has today been rejected. The club will now meet with the player's representatives to discuss the transfer request further."

Gary Medel may have to go the extra mile to convince Inter Milan fans of his love for his new club, after pictures emerged of him wearing a Juventus cap.

The 26-year-old Chile midfielder has arrived in Milan for a medical and to complete his £9million switch from Cardiff.

But while he was finishing the formalities, Italian media had discovered the images sporting the colours of one of Inter's key rivals, meaning Medel may have some work to do to win over the Nerazzurri faithful.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... Birmingham

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:28 am

Birmingham paper
Replacing Adeyemi

Wednesday 6th August 2014.

The Birmingham Mail confirmed last night that Tom Adeyemi will be on his way to Cardiff – possibly today, pending a medical – for a fee in excess of £1million with add-ons and a sell on fee on top of that. It all seems a bit quick after having rejected a transfer request we are selling the 22-year-old vice-captain but the truth appears to be that it was always on the cards as Cardiff have lodged several bids for last season’s young player of the year at the club.

I talked yesterday about how I felt about the impending departure of Adeyemi; nothing has changed my mind in the twenty-four hours since and the fact we will receive a seven figure sum for him despite there only being a year left on his deal and Blues continuing financial situation says to me that the club was in a better position to bargain. It’s also vindication for Clark that he can get transfers right; signed on a Bosman last year all money received for Adeyemi represents a transfer profit and I think it proves that if we can pick up some rough diamonds and polish them up we’re better off bringing in Bosmans than loaning kids from Premier League teams.

The big question I think now is where do we go from here. Clark will want to bring in someone and I think the club will need to make a show that they are prepared to spend at least some of the money received from this deal; with maybe as much as a million more coming from the “heavy sell on fee” that Pannu negotiated when selling Jordon Mutch to Cardiff a couple of seasons back in addition to the money saved from Adeyemi’s wages there has to be room for Blues to pay a fee and wages for someone who could slot into the side the same way as Adeyemi has.

I’ve heard rumours that Clark has got ideas who he would like to bring in; I have no doubt having seen our transfer activity over the first part of the close season he’ll have done his homework on who he likes with different players for different budgets; the question is now can he bring someone in to slot into the side to fill the gap that Adeyemi’s departure leaves. I will be honest and say that as much as paying money for someone is a statement of intent I’m more concerned we bring in the right player rather than paying money just because we can; I’d be more impressed with a free signing of someone with hints of youth, drive and quality than paying for an old lag because they bring “an experienced head” into the mix.

One thing is for sure – I don’t think this sale represents anything that will keep BIH “clinging on”. Blues were absolutely nowhere near admin at any point this summer and I had been assured that the finances looked okay; I know some have expressed dismay that money will “disappear back to HK” or that “it will give Carson a reason to hold on” but I think that it would take much more than the sale of a young midfielder to make the club a cash cow again. Lets hope that this doesn’t disrupt plans for the team for Saturday overly much and Blues can continue their fine pre-season form when the “real ball comes out” ((c) Steve Bruce) at the Riverside.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:55 am

maccydee wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Tommy2 wrote:

This blog

I didn't say or imply he is another Ramsey or PL quality. He is still a bargain at that price IMO and should be a positive signing for this year.

C'mon Bluebirds!!
:bluescarf:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 am

What a good work done by OGS and Dalman in transfermarket :ayatollah: :ole: :ole:

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:35 am

Golden cheetah wrote:What a good work done by OGS and Dalman in transfermarket :ayatollah: :ole: :ole:

Hopefully but only time will tell.