Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: SCORE PREDICTIONS LATEST NEWS CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN ATHLE

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:14 pm

2-2 im going for with 19k watching :bluescarf:

Re: UPDATED NEWS/SCORE PREDICTIONS CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN ATHL

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Solskjaer “Ben Turner has had his ankle surgery and it’s likely we won’t see him until November. He’s a big lad and when he goes over on an ankle and stays down you worry. The next day he looked fine and walked on it, but he looked too good. Now he’s had his operation. He has been fantastic and is a great personality to have around the dressing room. This is a big blow for him and a devastating blow for us. Ben knows this league more than most and I was looking to have him out there as a leader, but he’ll come back.

“Kagisho Dikgacoi won’t be ready for the Wigan match, but we are hoping he could be available against Wolves. Javi Guerra is training, but just wasn’t match fit to be involved against Coventry, while Federico Macheda is training, but has been out for a longer period.

“We have Juan Cala back from suspension.”

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:22 pm

2-1 to the city jones and pilkinton
Attendance:22,341

Re: UPDATED NEWS/ ' CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN ATHLETIC '

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:29 am

Sean Morrison and Anthony Pilkington

New Bluebirds’ signings Sean Morrison and Anthony Pilkington are both in line to make their debuts in Cardiff City’s Championship home clash with Wigan Athletic tonight (7.45pm).

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed both will be in his squad and he will decide today if they will start.

Pilkington, a winger who will play out near the touchline, looks likely to start, while Solskjaer must decide whether to call up Morrison, his £3m signing from Reading at the back even though Matt Connolly and Mark Hudson have been in outstanding form.

“The way we have been defending it’s difficult to leave out either Matt or Mark, but we’ll see who is freshest, who is ready,” said Solskjaer.

“Both Sean and Anthony will be in the squad and I’ll make final decisions on the team at the right time.”

City also have Federico Macheda, Kagisho Dikgacoi and Javi Guerra fit again after injuries for this clash with Wigan, who dumped Cardiff out of the FA Cup last season.

“We don’t like to lose against anybody, but they were better than us then,” said Solskjaer. “I know their manager, Uwe Rosler, really well and we talk regularly. They are a good team and will pose a different test, a different tactical system than either Huddersfield or Blackburn.”

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:45 am

Is it a televised match?

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 am

No

Re: UPDATED NEWS ' CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN ATHLETIC '

Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:25 am

I'll be having a drink at the Ninian if anyone wants to pick up a shirt/try one on. Selling what I have left, should all be gone by tonight

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 am

2-1 to Cardiff

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 am

Look forward to this game! Wigan play good football and we are scoring goals :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:47 am

Hopefully this 11 gets a run out IMO:

--------------------Marshall-----------------
Brayford-------Cala-----Conolly---------Fabio
Pilky----Adieyemi-----Whittingham----Eikrem/ John/ Kim
------------Macheda-------Jones----------------

Left wing is a problem, Dæhli isn't a great choice to go up against Wigan's width. And I think he needs a rest.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:52 am

will the match be televised?

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 am

random3 wrote:will the match be televised?

Ur ....... read the thread!

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:35 am

Metal Handkerchief wrote:Hopefully this 11 gets a run out IMO:

Left wing is a problem, Dæhli isn't a great choice to go up against Wigan's width. And I think he needs a rest.

Defence has proved solid and I wouldn't alter it personally.

Masts needs a rest?! :lol: he's a fit and hungry young man at the start of the season, none of these players need a rest.

Re: MATCH THREAD ' CARDIFF CITY v WIGAN ATHLETIC ' MATCH THR

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:33 pm

marshy fabio brayford cala morrison burgstaller adeyemi dickachoi eikrem macheda guerra

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:40 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Metal Handkerchief wrote:Hopefully this 11 gets a run out IMO:

Defence has proved solid and I wouldn't alter it personally.

Masts needs a rest?! :lol: he's a fit and hungry young man at the start of the season, none of these players need a rest.

I agree, I wouldn't change the back 4 at all at the moment. Stability & confidence is the key especially in the defence although you never know with Ole! I'd like to see Pilkington given a go though maybe for Daehi but at 19 or so he certainly doesn't need resting!!! Lol

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Early days yet, but if we can get 3 points tonight (I think we will), that would be an excellent start to our season. I think Wigan and Blackburn will be in the mix for promotion this season, so 4 points from promotion rivals would send a message to the rest of this division. We are only going to get better as our players start to get to know each other's game, and later in the season when injuries and suspensions start to kick in, we should be in a good position with the strength in depth we have in comparison to a lot of our rivals.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Cardiff City v Wigan: New signings in line to make their Bluebirds debuts as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gets selection headache
Aug 19, 2014

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145802

By Terry Phillips

With Cardiff City defending well recently, the boss says it would be difficult to split the current centre back partnership

Sean Morrison and Anthony Pilkington

New Bluebirds’ signings Sean Morrison and Anthony Pilkington are both in line to make their debuts in Cardiff City’s Championship home clash with Wigan Athletic tonight (7.45pm).

Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed both will be in his squad and he will decide today if they will start.

Pilkington, a winger who will play out near the touchline, looks likely to start, while Solskjaer must decide whether to call up Morrison, his £3m signing from Reading at the back even though Matt Connolly and Mark Hudson have been in outstanding form.

“The way we have been defending it’s difficult to leave out either Matt or Mark, but we’ll see who is freshest, who is ready,” said Solskjaer.

“Both Sean and Anthony will be in the squad and I’ll make final decisions on the team at the right time.”

City also have Federico Macheda, Kagisho Dikgacoi and Javi Guerra fit again after injuries for this clash with Wigan, who dumped Cardiff out of the FA Cup last season.

“We don’t like to lose against anybody, but they were better than us then,” said Solskjaer. “I know their manager, Uwe Rosler, really well and we talk regularly. They are a good team and will pose a different test, a different tactical system than either Huddersfield or Blackburn.”

Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:57 pm

I wouldn't start with Morrison, I would go with Connolly and Hudson and introduce Morrison for the last 15 minutes, just after we get our fourth goal which makes the game safe for us.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 pm

2 -1 City

18,780 crowd :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMX60_S6ds

I don´t expect it to be working.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:20 pm

2-1 to the Bluebirds. 20,700 :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:20 pm

2-1 to the Bluebirds. 20,700 :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:39 pm

Cardiff City - Marshall (c), Brayford, Connolly, Morrison, Fabio, Adeyemi, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Daehli, Jones, Maynard.
Subs - Moore, Hudson, Cala, Eikrem, Pilkington, Guerra, Le Fondre

Wigan - Carson, Taylor, Ramis, Huws, McManaman, McArthur, Boyce (Capt), Cowie, Perch, Kiernan, Fortune
Subs - Al Habsi, Tavernier, Caldwell, Riera, Espinoza, Barnett, Waghorn

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:49 pm

Stream ? :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:58 pm

Doubt this one, still though... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPMX60_S6ds

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Listening to the Cardiff city player. Seems like although we have control its not very threatening thus far other than an early chance. Most of the game is being played in the middle.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:32 pm

hakon234 wrote:Stream ? :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ole:

Slik er livet i Championship. Ikke alt går på TV. Det er ingen stream her heller: https://www.facebook.com/lftvlinks - og er den ikke der så sendes den ikke på TV :cry:

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:35 pm

im listening to the radio stream via cardiff home page

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Pilkington on for Mats