Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Just think what he must of been going through? '

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 pm

He's going to annoy me with his rotational policy this season but hope he proves me wrong

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just think what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must of been going through?

Last season when we were losing week after week and not just losing,but at times being humiliated on the pitch, Ole kept on smiling and continued to be cheerful and kept his dignity,even at the player of the year night,Ole had time for everyone and kept saying he was excited about this coming season. Fair play to him as before Ole joined us,most of his career has been nothing but success,so this must if been a might shock to him.

What he must of been going through deep down,none of us will prob ever really know,Ole has since said he had, had continuos sleepless nights last season.

Now On the forums Ole took stick and especially from myself,I still feel I was right to as they were awful displays last season.

But as fans we never turned on Ole at the matches :thumbright: :thumbright:

Ole came over to the fans at every home and away game last season and applauded us no matter how much it hurt,many managers would storm of and forget the fans.

This Summer Ole has been given full support, money wise and in my opinion it looks like Ole has spent well and brought together the best Cardiff City squad I've ever seen :thumbright: :thumbright:

This season,I was expecting non stop attacking football and a weak defence,but so far quite the opposite, the defence has looked pretty good, yes when we've gone forward we have taken our chances,but not as many chances created or goals as I thought,but we have secured the points and that's to me what matters most :thumbright:

4 games gone and 3 wins and a draw would satisfy most managers or fans. A lot can still happen and there will be many ups and downs along the way thus season.

Myself personally I am still reserving my judgement on how the season will go,but so far I am loving every minute if it and it certainly looks like us fans are in for an exciting season ahead.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: SO CAN WE ALL MAKE A BETTER ATMOSPHERE AT THE HOME GAMES PLEASE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Next viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146002
:ole: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

So enjoy viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146002 :ayatollah:

I saw nothing in Ole last season to convince me he was the right manager for us.

I saw the likes of Pulis and Poyet come in and basically both of then saved thier clubs Palace and Sunderland. Those two plus Ole were allowed to tinker with their squad by bringing in their own players. We disintegrated while the other two teams impressively survived. I really didn't believe Ole was the right guy.

Through the summer you have time to think and one thing that kept playing on my mind was that it must have been the most awful atmosphere behind the scenes that Ole had inherited. Not since the days of Peter Ridsdale and George Graham has their been such a divide between manager and "owner". We all might think that none of this should effect high waged players but it does. Remember most if not all our players could leave and still be on good wages at another club.

Most of us are expecting attacking football this season. Well I believe we can all forget that. Ole is under pressure to get us promoted so I'm expecting him with the distinct advantage he has over most of the other clubs in this league is to make sure first before entertaining. Don't be surprised if we have a Malky sequal this season. Lets hope the final positions are the same.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Positivity is everything at the moment so this is a refreshingly honest, supportive thread. Just what the doctor ordered!

A great start to the season and long may the results continue.

Make some noiz for the boyz!!!
:bluescarf:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Colourblind wrote:when you post about football, Annis, I often agree with you as I do 100% on this occasion. But when you keep banging on about the rebrand I generally don't.

When you post about football Annis, I often agree with you as I do 100% on this occasion. But when you keep banging on about the rebrand I 100% AGREE WITH YOU.

F**k the red ... Love the BLUE

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:44 pm

That's one of your better posts Annis

Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:57 pm

I never expected all out attack, I think people Got carried away.

Even in the prem we were quite defensive, most the goals game during games where we had to go for it. We got caught out massively. The general set up was defensively.

I think Ole has a system and it will work better the more we play. Brayford and fabio being key.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Most of us are expecting attacking football this season. Well I believe we can all forget that.

I think it´s too early to make any conclusions on that. It´s imperative for the team to build confidence around the defensive part of our game as this obviously has been our Achilles heel after Ole took over. In this matter, the naivety from last season seems to be gone. To play a bit safe now in the beginning of the season, with the tough program we are into, I think is just the right approach. But I don´t agree we should just forget about seeing attacking football this season. I trust there´s a lot more to come, and I´m not sure we´ll have to wait very long. We´ll see how it looks after the international break.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:If ole takes us up, he will keep us up. He is now finally able to take his time and build his own team. He was always fighting a losing battle when he came in last season. The damage was already done IMO.

:thumbright:

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just think what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must of been going through?

Last season when we were losing week after week and not just losing,but at times being humiliated on the pitch, Ole kept on smiling and continued to be cheerful and kept his dignity,even at the player of the year night,Ole had time for everyone and kept saying he was excited about this coming season. Fair play to him as before Ole joined us,most of his career has been nothing but success,so this must if been a might shock to him.

What he must of been going through deep down,none of us will prob ever really know,Ole has since said he had, had continuos sleepless nights last season.

Now On the forums Ole took stick and especially from myself,I still feel I was right to as they were awful displays last season.

Ole came over to the fans at every home and away game last season and applauded us no matter how much it hurt,many managers would storm of and forget the fans.

This Summer Ole has been given full support, money wise and in my opinion it looks like Ole has spent well and brought together the best Cardiff City squad I've ever seen :thumbright: :thumbright:

This season,I was expecting non stop attacking football and a weak defence,but so far quite the opposite, the defence has looked pretty good, yes when we've gone forward we have taken our chances,but not as many chances created or goals as I thought,but we have secured the points and that's to me what matters most :thumbright:

4 games gone and 3 wins and a draw would satisfy most managers or fans. A lot can still happen and there will be many ups and downs along the way thus season.

Myself personally I am still reserving my judgement on how the season will go,but so far I am loving every minute if it and it certainly looks like us fans are in for an exciting season ahead.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: SO CAN WE ALL MAKE A BETTER ATMOSPHERE AT THE HOME GAMES PLEASE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Except for you chanting ole out during a game :o :wave:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:27 am

Jinks wrote:

ouch

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Jinks wrote:

:lol:

I hope that's a joke Jinks as I never ever have :thumbright:

Welcome back jinks,I've missed your debates and posts :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jinks wrote:

Im sure someone brought it up and you said yes i did but for a laugh :? Im only here short term im keeping away from forums but coudnt resist a wind up or two :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm

but your just still not sure about ole are you annis :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ole:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Jinks wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jinks wrote:

Im sure someone brought it up and you said yes i did but for a laugh :? Im only here short term im keeping away from forums but coudnt resist a wind up or two :lol: :lol:

Jinks they said they over heard me and Nukes saying something and when I corrected them,they didn't know what to say.
But still welcome back and it's an exciting season ahead for us all :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:48 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:but your just still not sure about ole are you annis :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ole:

Honestly NO Steve, I am not,but I am going to be fully backing him at the matches :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ole:

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34 am

Spot on. :ayatollah: