Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I honestly cant get my head around to why would you?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:12 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:How the hell does anyone think Hudson has been replaced with Gabbidon?!!???
We have:

Manga, Morrison, Turner, Cala, Connolly and Gabbidon. Gabbidon is sixth choice.

He was replaced with Morrison really. An ageing player on big wages who has had one injury free season (and even then...) in five years who was in the final year of his deal.

The four defenders ahead of him are aged 23-26 and Conolly is 26 too. 6 years older than the other CBs. Is it really a huge suprise?

Ok fair enough,although I still believe Hudson was a quality squad player and would at worse be great back up, but why Gabbs then as a coach? with no experience?

for the last time, Gabs is the only defender we have who consistently made it at premier level, it's a different kind of defending to the championship, we need to evolve.

So are you saying or are you expecting Gabbs to play nearly every week?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:How the hell does anyone think Hudson has been replaced with Gabbidon?!!???
We have:

He was replaced with Morrison really. An ageing player on big wages who has had one injury free season (and even then...) in five years who was in the final year of his deal.

The four defenders ahead of him are aged 23-26 and Conolly is 26 too. 6 years older than the other CBs. Is it really a huge suprise?

Ok fair enough,although I still believe Hudson was a quality squad player and would at worse be great back up, but why Gabbs then as a coach? with no experience?

for the last time, Gabs is the only defender we have who consistently made it at premier level, it's a different kind of defending to the championship, we need to evolve.

No, his experience is crucial to his ability as a coach. Giggs and Monk didn't have experience before getting their jobs yet no one is banging on about it.

If Hudson is better than Gabs why was Hudson 3rd choice in a team that got relegated and Gabs got 23 appearances in a team that didn't?

Hudson is a good squad player and in an ideal world we would have kept him, but he was free in 12 months, very injury prone and wanted to play. It's not a suprise the club decided to move him on.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

How do you get experience? Giggs got offered a coaching role under Moyes and is now an asst/coach to LVG. No different to Gabbidon. Both know their respective clubs well and both enthusiastic. Gabbidon won't be playing much either, what's not to get? He'll feature in cup games and maybe if we have an injury crisis we will use him. He is not going to be playing consistently

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

No, his experience is crucial to his ability as a coach. Giggs and Monk didn't have experience before getting their jobs yet no one is banging on about it.

If Hudson is better than Gabs why was Hudson 3rd choice in a team that got relegated and Gabs got 23 appearances in a team that didn't?

Hudson is a good squad player and in an ideal world we would have kept him, but he was free in 12 months, very injury prone and wanted to play. It's not a suprise the club decided to move him on.

Because Pulis was the manager at Palace and we had Ole as our manager,who did not have a clue last season in what he was doing and results proved that, hopefully Ole has learnt a lot from that experience.

I hope I am proved totally wrong and the decision proves Ole right in doing this :thumbright:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

How do you get experience? Giggs got offered a coaching role under Moyes and is now an asst/coach to LVG. No different to Gabbidon. Both know their respective clubs well and both enthusiastic. Gabbidon won't be playing much either, what's not to get? He'll feature in cup games and maybe if we have an injury crisis we will use him. He is not going to be playing consistently

I do agree you have to start somewhere :thumbright: :thumbright: But I just believe Ole needed more experience behind him to help him as Ole is still learning as well :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

I do agree you have to start somewhere :thumbright: :thumbright: But I just believe Ole needed more experience behind him to help him as Ole is still learning as well :ayatollah:

Yeah I do agree in that aspect that although his current assistant Mark Dempsey seems a nice guy. I'd feel more comfortable with someone experienced behind him. Like Dougie Freedman has Lennie Lawrence at Bolton

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

I'm expecting gabs to know what it takes to be an established defender in the prem, something that none of our current defence, staff or manager have and why we conceded so many last season. we need experience off the field and on the field.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

Because Pulis was the manager at Palace and we had Ole as our manager,who did not have a clue last season in what he was doing and results proved that, hopefully Ole has learnt a lot from that experience.

I hope I am proved totally wrong and the decision proves Ole right in doing this :thumbright:

So this whole thing is a dig at Ole then? Why not just say that at the start.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

so are you saying that Ole should've played Hudson instead of Caulker last season? and if Pulis was here he would've done so?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

Genuinely don't know Annis came to this conclusion. Ole was clueless last season but it's okay for Pulis to play Gabbidon in a higher division but since Ole signed him it's not okay because Ole's our manager and that Hudson is better?, despite Gabbidon spending most of his career higher than Hudson

Not to mention he doesn't like the idea of Gabbidon being coach with no experience but would be okay with Hudson to be coach, with NO experience.

Annis you've shot yourself in the foot and contradicted yourself
Last edited by PartyWithOle on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Hudson isn't good enough ,gabs is not his replacement manga is just seems another ole bashing thread again

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Can't understand why we as a club would allow a man who is always 100% professional gives 100% to all he tried to achieve , respected by player and fans alike , people like Mark don't come along very often and yet we wave him goodbye as if we can replace such a clubman in the blink of an eye ........UNBELIEVABLEY SHORT SIGHTED , especially with what has happened in recent times
this is no reflection of Danny , but I really think Hudson would have fitted the player coach role like a glove :old:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Can't understand why we as a club would allow a man who is always 100% professional gives 100% to all he tried to achieve , respected by player and fans alike , people like Mark don't come along very often and yet we wave him goodbye as if we can replace such a clubman in the blink of an eye ........UNBELIEVABLEY SHORT SIGHTED , especially with what has happened in recent times
this is no reflection of Danny , but I really think Hudson would have fitted the player coach role like a glove :old:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I honestly cant get my head around to why would you get rid of Mark Hudson?

Get rid of Mark Hudson, who is still a quality Championship Captain and Defender and has been with us quite a few years and who could of also had ago at being a coach for City as he knows the current set up better than anyone?

For me Hudson was perfect for the Championship(his level in my opinion) and had quite a few years left in him.

To replace him with out of club Danny Gabbidon? and by the way Gabbidon was one of my favourite players when he played for us years ago and when Earnie and Gabbs was sold I was fuming,so there is nothing personal to this.

Opinions please :thumbright:

we have to start anticipating a return to the prem now if we want to ever establish ourselves there, mark was never going to make the jump and so playing him was an opportunity cost for someone younger and better who we could gel like manga who can spend this year learning to speak English.

Gabbidon was brought in mostly for his prem experience so we don't get our ass handed to us again if we get promoted, he can pass on his knowledge which we were lacking last year to our other defenders because he's also a couch. Planning for the future.

I agree we have to start anticipating a return to the Premier League, but Gabbidon is not the answer in my opinion as a player or a coach as he has no experience.

Do not think Gabbidon is seen as the answer as he has only been given a 1 year contract ?.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:06 pm

tremorfa boy wrote:Can't understand why we as a club would allow a man who is always 100% professional gives 100% to all he tried to achieve , respected by player and fans alike , people like Mark don't come along very often and yet we wave him goodbye as if we can replace such a clubman in the blink of an eye ........UNBELIEVABLEY SHORT SIGHTED , especially with what has happened in recent times

you should really consider reading some posts before sounding like a broken record.

prem experience:

MH = none
Gabbs = Established

.'. for a team seeking to be established in the prem Hudson is a useless coach. If I appoint a manager in a firm I could look for all the leadership and man management skills I like but if they don't have experience in the field I need and the vision of what needs to get done they are completely useless.

same problem.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:09 pm

RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
We have:

100% Not a dig at Ole at all, as 99% of his signings for this season look real quality, just my opinion regarding the signing of Gabbidon :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:10 pm

as I said early in this thread just another go at ole
have a look at some other comments from the past
this is the best squad we ever had now its over to you ole
this is the best squad in the championship now its upto you to man manage it ole
with this squad being better than the squad malky had we should go up automatic at least over to you ole
supportive my arse hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:11 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I honestly cant get my head around to why would you get rid of Mark Hudson?

Get rid of Mark Hudson, who is still a quality Championship Captain and Defender and has been with us quite a few years and who could of also had ago at being a coach for City as he knows the current set up better than anyone?

For me Hudson was perfect for the Championship(his level in my opinion) and had quite a few years left in him.

To replace him with out of club Danny Gabbidon? and by the way Gabbidon was one of my favourite players when he played for us years ago and when Earnie and Gabbs was sold I was fuming,so there is nothing personal to this.

we have to start anticipating a return to the prem now if we want to ever establish ourselves there, mark was never going to make the jump and so playing him was an opportunity cost for someone younger and better who we could gel like manga who can spend this year learning to speak English.

Gabbidon was brought in mostly for his prem experience so we don't get our ass handed to us again if we get promoted, he can pass on his knowledge which we were lacking last year to our other defenders because he's also a couch. Planning for the future.

I agree we have to start anticipating a return to the Premier League, but Gabbidon is not the answer in my opinion as a player or a coach as he has no experience.

Do not think Gabbidon is seen as the answer as he has only been given a 1 year contract ?.

City took a gamble and Gabbidon could not afford to turn it down as he has had no club since May.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:as I said early in this thread just another go at ole
this is the best squad in the championship now its upto you to man manage it ole
with this squad being better than the squad malky had we should go up automatic at least over to you ole

I love you to Steve :lol: 100% the best squad weve ever had in my years of supporting City and I stand by that :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 pm

are you still worried about our debt annis
Hudson would of been back up only on how much
gabbidon is back up only on how much
good financial option and reducing our spending hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:17 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:are you still worried about our debt annis
Hudson would of been back up only on how much
gabbidon is back up only on how much
good financial option and reducing our spending hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? :bluescarf: :ole:

Very worried Steve, but Ive learnt from the last few seasons I cant do anything about it :lol:

As to wages, most of our first team are all on £30,000 plus a week for Championship football Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I agree with you're comments annis I said the same thing to Carl weeks ago when he told me he was going to Leeds wel Carl didn't quiet get it right but he's stil ended up in Yorkshire can't believe he even agreed to sign for them my head is in the same place as yours annis it beggars belief

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 pm

but you cant see that huds going was the right thing to do especialy financialy hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 pm

BanterLad115 wrote:
tremorfa boy wrote:Can't understand why we as a club would allow a man who is always 100% professional gives 100% to all he tried to achieve , respected by player and fans alike , people like Mark don't come along very often and yet we wave him goodbye as if we can replace such a clubman in the blink of an eye ........UNBELIEVABLEY SHORT SIGHTED , especially with what has happened in recent times

you should really consider reading some posts before sounding like a broken record.

prem experience:

MH = none
Gabbs = Established

.'. for a team seeking to be established in the prem Hudson is a useless coach. If I appoint a manager in a firm I could look for all the leadership and man management skills I like but if they don't have experience in the field I need and the vision of what needs to get done they are completely useless.

same problem.

Why a useless coach .? , leadership Hudson out ranks Danny by a mile , plus he's established with us for 5 yrs , but hey he,s gone , and our club will end up the poorer for it

Oh and by the way if you let your managers leave so easily after 5 yrs commitment , to the cause giving 100% at every opportunity , your management skills need updating :thumbup:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:

I agree with you're comments annis I said the same thing to Carl weeks ago when he told me he was going to Leeds wel Carl didn't quiet get it right but he's stil ended up in Yorkshire can't believe he even agreed to sign for them my head is in the same place as yours annis it beggars belief

Martyn, Hudson was told he his services were no longer required at Cardiff, he never wanted to leave.

Forever Blue wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:

City took a gamble and Gabbidon could not afford to turn it down as he has had no club since May.

Not sure why you see this as a gamble. In the interview Gabbidon sounded like he didn´t expect to play at all, and probable he won´t. Obviously the club has come to the conclusion that Gabbidon is a resource that the club somehow can take benefit of. Don´t see how the word "gamble" fits into this. Do you see a chance that his contribution to the club won´t be worth any money at all? And what kind of money are we talking about here?

Maybe he asked to leave because he wanted first team football and new he'd fallen to far down the pecking order to be garenteed it with us. I hope he one day comes back in some form of coaching roll. He's been a real asset to our club and would no doubt have a lot to offer as a coach

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:26 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:but you cant see that huds going was the right thing to do especialy financialy hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

Steve, it was not done for financial reasons, Ole can have virtually have as much money as he wants and thats why we have such a Quality squad in this division, we offer the best wages.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:26 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:as I said early in this thread just another go at ole

he was saying exactly the same things when DJ was around.

I don't know why he doesn't just come out and say he hates Ole and secretly wishes he'd fail. :?