Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' 7 Days, I will be expecting at least 7pts in those day

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Expecting us to go unbeaten against a team like Norwich, Derby and then maybe a winnable game against Boro. Lower your expectations

My expectations are at least top 2 this season, so is Oles,our Players and Tans and I do believe most City fans?

Nothing wrong with optimism but Norwich are clearly a good side and finished above us in the league last season. Derby narrowly missed out on promotion and have an experienced manager at the helm. Boro is the only game that I'm confident about. If we don't pick up seven points so what? It's early days and only the second month of the season.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:46 pm

darty1111 wrote:i think we need to be looking at 6 or 7 points

i hardest game is derby away which i think we will lose by a small margin derby hard to beat at home
both home games we should be looking for max points, but i think with the big turn around in our team we will not see the full potential of our team/squad till mid october.

Darty, I agree :thumbright:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:50 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Expecting us to go unbeaten against a team like Norwich, Derby and then maybe a winnable game against Boro. Lower your expectations

My expectations are at least top 2 this season, so is Oles,our Players and Tans and I do believe most City fans?

Nothing wrong with optimism but Norwich are clearly a good side and finished above us in the league last season. Derby narrowly missed out on promotion and have an experienced manager at the helm. Boro is the only game that I'm confident about. If we don't pick up seven points so what? It's early days and only the second month of the season.

Just look at Fulham and Wigan, both are expected to be right up there and they both looked very ordinary, but I do expect Wigan to be up there come May.
With our squad, we should expect a lot from them and wins are expected by many of the fans,I honesty believe we can get 7pts :ayatollah:

If we dont pick up 7pts,its not the end of the world,but then pressure starts to mount.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Weird thread title.

This will test how serious our promotion credentials are. If we get 5 pts + its game on, anything less and it will indicate an average season
I think we will get 1 (Boro).

:lol:

I was struggling for a title.

:lol: good topic though, serious tests ahead.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Expext at least top 2.... Hm.. Can we do better? ;)

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Weird thread title.

This will test how serious our promotion credentials are. If we get 5 pts + its game on, anything less and it will indicate an average season
I think we will get 1 (Boro).

I was struggling for a title.

:lol: good topic though, serious tests ahead.

Thank you :thumbright:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:07 pm

JetNorwegian wrote:Expext at least top 2.... Hm.. Can we do better? ;)

Yes runaway Champions :lol: :ole:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:11 pm

7 should be do able, I'd be happy with 6, Derby away will be the toughest game, they have been strong at home from what I remember of the few games so far

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:12 pm

But I agree.. 6 point would be great. I'm a bit afraid the team need some time to get the new players to know how to play together..

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:12 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:7 should be do able, I'd be happy with 6, Derby away will be the toughest game, they have been strong at home from what I remember of the few games so far

Jules, always tough at Derby, so a point would be ok, Boro 3pts and Norwich tough, but were at home, so 3pts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Our next 3 games are over a short period of only 7 days.

At least 7pts for me :thumbright:

What are you expecting from these games?

September

Sat 13 Norwich (h)

Tues 16 Middlesbrough (h)

Sat 20 Derby (a)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142949 :ayatollah:

I agree Annis, while all 3 are good teams, with the we have at squad at Ollie's disposal we should no settle for anything less. :ole: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:7 should be do able, I'd be happy with 6, Derby away will be the toughest game, they have been strong at home from what I remember of the few games so far

Jules, always tough at Derby, so a point would be ok, Boro 3pts and Norwich tough, but were at home, so 3pts :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So far so good at home, so let's hope that continues so we can get right up there! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:15 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

September

Sat 13 Norwich (h)

Sat 20 Derby (a)

I agree Annis, while all 3 are good teams, with the we have at squad at Ollie's disposal we should no settle for anything less. :ole: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

:thumbright:

We have the players, so we should fear No one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:27 pm

At some point, we are going to have to start showing the form you suggest Annis. As you stated in a previous post, 1-2 from 9 points is relegation form. Most on this forum were saying weeks ago that we are destined to win the league. If we want to do that, we have to beat the top sides.

7 is a valid target in my opinion.

The players are there.

Now is the time to gel and strike fear into the opposition.

9 points is not out of the question either!!!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:

September

Sat 13 Norwich (h)

Sat 20 Derby (a)

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=142949 :ayatollah:

:thumbright:

We have the players, so we should fear No one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But do we have the manager? I hope so.

Time will tell on that one.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:At some point, we are going to have to start showing the form you suggest Annis. As you stated in a previous post, 1-2 from 9 points is relegation form. Most on this forum were saying weeks ago that we are destined to win the league. If we want to do that, we have to beat the top sides.

The players are there.

Perfectly stated, we should fear No one :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:At some point, we are going to have to start showing the form you suggest Annis. As you stated in a previous post, 1-2 from 9 points is relegation form. Most on this forum were saying weeks ago that we are destined to win the league. If we want to do that, we have to beat the top sides.

The players are there.

Perfectly stated, we should fear No one :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ole: :ayatollah:

:thumbup: :bluescarf:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Two points at best I fear,

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:42 pm

If ole keeps going the way he has I honestly think we will be lucky to get 3 or 4 points.
His constant changing of the team and formation is a big worry and concern for me.
I hope he gets it together though and proves me wrong because this squad is quality,

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:05 pm

I am pretty sure that Derby and Norwich fans also expect points against us. That`s how it is but i wouldn`t say we have mid table/relegation form or promotion form based on these 3 matches. All teams have ups and downs and we all remember how we ended the season in Championship last time. Id rather see us start slow and finish strong than see us fade towards the end.

Boro is a must win. We are much better than them.

Norwich was better than us last year and when we wanted to strenghten our squad we actually went to them to buy Pilkington who was surplus there. They have only lost Snodgrass and Fer since last year and got players with tons more experience than us. Id be happy with 1 point, not devastated if we loose either as i see them getting promoted easily this year.

Derby is a good team, especially at home. Satisfied with 1 point but we shouldn`t loose.

4 points if acceptable imo and wont make it impossible to get up. Would be lots of matches left against easier teams..

Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:46 am

Let's start a good run of games against good opposition - 9/9

Put fear in opposing teams - at the moment most teams are still playing their style vs our style

Let's force them to play our game and hope they can knick a point.

If we are to get promoted we will need a good stretch of games - might as well start off now aye? ;)

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:37 am

I think we should be trying to win every game.

That said id be delighted with 7pts.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 am

September

Sat 13 Norwich (h) LOSE

Tues 16 Middlesbrough (h) 1 Point

Sat 20 Derby (a) LOSE

Our style and setup that Ole plays regardless of squad will get us nowhere MO

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:16 am

The simple fact is that if you average 2 points a game you will go up, probably as Champions.

Therefore, it doesn't really matter who you get those points against. This is possibly the toughest run of 3 opponents in the season although the fact that we have two of them at home does help !

5 points would be good, 6 points would put us close to the two point a game mark and, given the fixture list for the first 6 weeks of the season, I would suggest that would represent a pretty good start.

I would echo some of the previous comments. Due to the late signings, fitness issues, etc., I really dom't think we'll see the best of this squad until mid October. In our promotion year we didn't hit the top of the table until late November, I just hope history repeats itself :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:25 am

7 from 9 against anyone is good but when the competition is against the likes of Norwich and Derby then that will be impressive.

I will be delighted with 5 points. More important though is that our performances improve dramatically so we can all start thinking more positively for the future.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:34 am

Solskjaer will be looking for 3 wins and will go all out for that, i am sure he will be disappointed in anything less,no need to put pressure on him, come October then expect more :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:, we should be aiming for 7-9 however I think that they are tough games and would be happy with 6!

Second that.