Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ole out?

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:06 pm

He relegated you last season with some absolutely dreadful results against sides fighting the drop themselves and has now had two transfer windows to try and bring in the kind of players he wants. There's talk about him constantly changing the team which indicates he doesn't know his best starting XI.

I'd never understate the job Pulis did at Palace last season but the manner and timing of his departure there concerns me. Also, Stoke are a family run club and he'd have had no issues with running the playing side how he sees fit (his net spend there is very high) yet Mark Hughes went in and gave them their highest finish in the Premier League. Pulis is an obvious name but I don't think he's the right candidate. If Tan gets too involved then there'll be conflict.

To be honest, I'm unsure what the answer is at Cardiff now but I'm nowhere near convinced that Ole is going to turn things around. Good luck with whatever happens!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:11 pm

I know we have seen some nice football, but a manager needs to pick a team, formation and plan to win a game, if things change, the manager needs to adapt which i'e not seen from Ole . I see that as Ole's problem, maybe its worth bringing in someone to work with him because we can play some real good football at times

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:52 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:He relegated you last season with some absolutely dreadful results against sides fighting the drop themselves and has now had two transfer windows to try and bring in the kind of players he wants. There's talk about him constantly changing the team which indicates he doesn't know his best starting XI.

I'd never understate the job Pulis did at Palace last season but the manner and timing of his departure there concerns me. Also, Stoke are a family run club and he'd have had no issues with running the playing side how he sees fit (his net spend there is very high) yet Mark Hughes went in and gave them their highest finish in the Premier League. Pulis is an obvious name but I don't think he's the right candidate. If Tan gets too involved then there'll be conflict.

To be honest, I'm unsure what the answer is at Cardiff now but I'm nowhere near convinced that Ole is going to turn things around. Good luck with whatever happens!

Spot on, we were punished by teams fighting with us and who finished the season before 10pts below us. Ole showed me nothing in the perk league apart from being tactically clueless.

He has been backed and given the players he wants and still doesn't know who to play where.

We have. Mancheda scored aplenty last season and was a stand out player for brum, guerra who had a great season in la liga, le fondre who knows how to score goals, Maynard and Kenwyn jones too.. Why can't we use these to the best advantage.

Yet again today ole showed he had no plan b and proved to be more inadequate than dave jones. He's way out of his depth in the English leagues and we have to act now not xmas....

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:16 pm

CCFC1990 wrote:Declan was awful! Soon as Fabio went off they realised that John was the week link and they attacked him all half. At the moment he is not good enough for the team.

Declan just isn't a fullback. Good player but not a fullback :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:38 am

He has brought some good players in to the club but he does not know how to manage them. Ole is tactically inept and should go now! We missed 1 chance to land Pulis last year, let's not let him go a 2nd time

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:14 am

Yorkshire Blue wrote:He has brought some good players in to the club but he does not know how to manage them. Ole is tactically inept and should go now! We missed 1 chance to land Pulis last year, let's not let him go a 2nd time

We will miss the boat again if Pulis is who you want.

By the time it has become obvious to the board that Ole has to go, Pulis will already be named as the manager of either Newcastle or WBA.

Unless its done by the end of next week there will be bigger teams in for him.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:28 pm

I hope quite a few of you will look back at this thread in embarrasment come christmas time..

Blind faith!