Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jekyll and Hyde performance leaves fans calling for Puli

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Matt D wrote:If we're being honest with ourselves, to throw the game away in such a fashion is something City have done many times before, especially over the last few years (and more so under Dave Jones).

I'm not calling for Ole's head as sacking managers willy nilly is just bollocks as far as I'm concerned. The players need to take the vast share of responsibility for letting the game slip away like that, but Ole really needs to stop messing about with the line up week on week, that's for sure.

Exactly.
Promotion season we threw away two goal leads against Palace and Charlton, but that's none of my business

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Jinks wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Pulis comes in and that's my last season as a City fan

Support our club first, not the manager or the owner. We support Cardiff City :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I saw you today you sat there from start to finish looking grumpy was you made to go? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I was jumping for joy at 2 nil up after each goal :bluescarf:
No atmosphere, anymore in Ninian stand.
Then I was nearly crying.
Were you happy with that today Jinks? I did leave in the 88th minute, I just could not take it anymore :cry:

Happy with the first half but wasn't happy with the second :laughing6:
Macheda returning to the pitch in the second half annoyed me as i thought he was knackered and sluggish after thirty minutes.
I don't rate Gunnarrson and Whitts both are to slow , overated and we should not play the two in the same side if we do we will get over run time and time again like today.
In my opinion the both of them should be playing for someone like brentford or yeovil.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Jinks wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Jinks wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Support our club first, not the manager or the owner. We support Cardiff City :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I saw you today you sat there from start to finish looking grumpy was you made to go? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I was jumping for joy at 2 nil up after each goal :bluescarf:
No atmosphere, anymore in Ninian stand.
Then I was nearly crying.
Were you happy with that today Jinks? I did leave in the 88th minute, I just could not take it anymore :cry:

Happy with the first half but wasn't happy with the second :laughing6:
Macheda returning to the pitch in the second half annoyed me as i thought he was knackered and sluggish after thirty minutes.
I don't rate Gunnarrson and Whitts both are to slow , overated and we should not play the two in the same side if we do we will get over run time and time again like today.
In my opinion the both of them should be playing for someone like brentford or yeovil.

Whitts does a couple of shots at most and thats it, his contribution to the games in the last 2yrs have been minimal.
As to Gunnarson today he played well compared to the rest of them, but not good enough to take us back up week in week out as not class.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:01 pm

I just don't think the squad is that good anyway. I think we have a team full of players that are not hungry enough and only here because we threw money at them. We should look at fielding more youngsters who have something to proove.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Our midfield is the problem (along with the manager).
The sheer amount of possession we give away is just shameful.
The attempts on goal stats especially as we were at home is something Ole can't hide from. We were outplayed by Wolves, Blackburn, Fulham and even Huddersfield. If you sit deep and give the opposition enough attempts on goal, then sooner or later they'll find the net. 2 up at halftime was unfair on Norwich and flattered us.
We have no idea other than hoof it up to Jones. Often on his own, although I thought he did well today.
Why didn't play Adeyemi and Dicagcoi in the middle? Players who show a bit of bite.
And what the f**k Guerra has got to do to get a game?
I honestly would rather Dave Moans. Poor bugger never had the funds and had to sell our best.
Pulis must be approached. I think the stereotypical Stoke hoof is not correct. He would knock the team into shape and for the love of God drop Whittingham, Gunnarson and Connolly. Macheda was also as effective as a fart in the wind.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:34 pm

pulis would sort out the defence as ole seems he cant

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:51 am

Haha another fickle fan.
You just haven't got a clue. A proper supporter will support CCFC not the manager.
Open your eyes fool.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:07 am

Whitts is the weak link! Even his set pieces were poor yesterday!

Plus can anyone tell me what formation we were actually playing yesterday! Whitts was so deep. Gunnarsson advanced, ralls I've no idea and pilkington anonymous! Then we had 4 centre midfielders on leaving the full backs both exposed ! All of norwichs balls came into the box from the right attacking John, he had no cover! Losing fabio was a blow but we can't blame decs he was doubled up on and no support! Also the subs were just baffling!

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:Am I the only one thinking why the feck would Pulis want to come to Cardiff? Surely his record of keeping teams in the Premier League will guarantee him a better job within a month or two? Oh wait, he's Welsh, he's bound to want to come to us :lol:

Pullis, would not go near Tan.

That's my worry annis,we should have gone for him in November when shit started coming out about sacking malkay,we didn't we went for a name instead who'd willingly allow tan a voice in the changing room pulis won't have that and pulis would make that squad a premier league team,we've better players than palace had last yr and he took them to 11th in the prem

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:45 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Come on Carl, your man Malky was the hoofball type, certainly Ben Turner appeared to be encouraged to do so with his obvious passing skills. Right now Pulis is perfect for us or Wales. Didn't play hoofball at Palace , Suarez and Getrard will testify to that

And that is my point exactly Stephen.

If fans didn't like Malky's 'Safety Only' approach that delivered success then there is no chance for Pulis' style of play that was synonymous with his time at Stoke.

City fans won't put up with it for long and that will put pressure on Pulis, or any other manager, playing that way.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:36 pm

Dalman & Tan will be scouting ex Utd players very soon, at the moment I reckon Roy Keane is favourite if they decide to sack Ole. My outside bet would be Paul Ince :laughing6: :laughing6:

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:49 pm

In seriousness though, I am really on the fence on this issue as a lot of fans are. I wouldn't be surprised if Ole goes as Tan has banked on the promotion and might not trust in Ole to fulfil it

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:
tangledupinblue wrote:Come on Carl, your man Malky was the hoofball type, certainly Ben Turner appeared to be encouraged to do so with his obvious passing skills. Right now Pulis is perfect for us or Wales. Didn't play hoofball at Palace , Suarez and Getrard will testify to that

And that is my point exactly Stephen.

If fans didn't like Malky's 'Safety Only' approach that delivered success then there is no chance for Pulis' style of play that was synonymous with his time at Stoke.

City fans won't put up with it for long and that will put pressure on Pulis, or any other manager, playing that way.

I would have agreed with you 100% Carl, before he went to Palace. :thumbup:
But What he did there was not safety first and showed another side to him. Liverpool blew their title challenge at Selhurst, and he got the best out of what he inherited and comfortably survived, scoring goals. On the other end Ole failed with what he inherited and still is, even with his own additions. And thats what I want for our club, to get the best out of our players, know the game plan, know the strategy, comoradary, never say die. We gave up when Norwich got the fourth , Palace battled on when 3 down against a rampant Liverpool and pulled it back. Thats not hoofing it.

I don't think he would take it, but he has to be sounded out surely.

I like Ole, but he has to go. Its too late for him to prove me wrong now. Sadly

:bluescarf: