Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED NEWS ' CARDIFF CITY v SHEFF WED ' Updated Daily

Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:29 am

The likely line-ups
Cardiff City (possible) 4-4-2: D Marshall (capt); J Brayford, B Manga, M Connolly, Fabio; A Pilkington, R Morrison, P Whittingham, C Noone; K Jones, A Le Fondre.

Sheffield Wednesday (probable) 4-4-2: K Westwood; L Palmer, G Loovens (capt), T Lees, J Mattock; C Maguire, J Semedo, G Coke, J Maghoma; S May, A Nuhiu.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:25 pm

No way is Alfie going to play. It'll be a five man midfield with Ravel playing more forward and Whitts and Gunnars deeper. Noone and Pilks wide. The latter is improving every game...I rate him very highly.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:10 pm

UPDATED Friday 26th Sept 2014
Cardiff caretakers Gabbidon and Young hope Slade can succeed

Cardiff City caretaker managers Scott Young and Danny Gabbidon are "hopeful" prospective new boss Russell Slade can turn the Bluebirds' fortunes around.

Scott Young and Gabbidon will be in charge for Saturday's home Championship match against Sheffield Wednesday.
In the meantime legal discussions continue between Cardiff and Leyton Orient about Slade's switch from the League One club to South Wales.
"He's been in the game a long time and done a good job," said Gabbidon.
"You hope that, if he comes in, he can get us where we want to be but time will tell.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:37 pm

bluemun wrote:No way is Alfie going to play. It'll be a five man midfield with Ravel playing more forward and Whitts and Gunnars deeper. Noone and Pilks wide. The latter is improving every game...I rate him very highly.

Pilkington is high up on my list of go to guys. One of our best I think, along with Daehli, Cala and Kenwyn has come into his own this season

Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Sky

Friday 26th Sept 2014

Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday

Russell Slade is close to becoming Cardiff's new manager but his appointment isn't likely to be confirmed in time for him to be in the dugout at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday.

Ravel Morrison begins his latest attempts to impress those at West Ham with his three month loan spell, which should start with him at least in the squad but probably starting among the substitutes.

Danny Gabbidon, is likely to drop back to the bench, as he and Scott Young take caretaker charge for the final time with David Marshall, Craig Noone, Peter Whittingham, Kenwyne Jones and Bruno Ecuele Manga all expected to return after the wholesale changes in our Capital One Cup defeat to Bournemouth on Tuesday.

Sheffield Wednesday were hammered by Manchester City 7-0 in their Capital One Cup on Wednesday with Kamil Zayatte now suspended after his sending off, but he's the only fresh absentee.

Glenn Loovens should return after being rested with Keiren Westwood, Jose Semedo and Atdhe Nuhiu, the others rested for that defeat, set to return too.

Including the last meeting these sides had, which was at Hillsborough, we've won the last three and have in fact won the last four meetings as us as the home side, how Gabbidon and Young would love to sign off with that stat continuing.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:06 pm

Ravel Morrison on loan. Will he be in squad for Sheffield Wednesday?

Scott Young: He will definitely be in the squad. He knows Kiko (Macheda) and Mats (Daehli) from Manchester United and Nicky Maynard from West Ham so he’s settling in. He trained well and showed glimpses of what he is about. A few of the lads are impressed by what they’ve seen. We will assess his physical fitness. His arrival was planned before we took charge of the team, but we are delighted to have a good player like him in squad.”

Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sky

Friday 26th Sept 2014

Russell Slade is close to becoming Cardiff's new manager but his appointment isn't likely to be confirmed in time for him to be in the dugout at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday.

Ravel Morrison begins his latest attempts to impress those at West Ham with his three month loan spell, which should start with him at least in the squad but probably starting among the substitutes.

Danny Gabbidon, is likely to drop back to the bench, as he and Scott Young take caretaker charge for the final time with David Marshall, Craig Noone, Peter Whittingham, Kenwyne Jones and Bruno Ecuele Manga all expected to return after the wholesale changes in our Capital One Cup defeat to Bournemouth on Tuesday.

Sheffield Wednesday were hammered by Manchester City 7-0 in their Capital One Cup on Wednesday with Kamil Zayatte now suspended after his sending off, but he's the only fresh absentee.

Glenn Loovens should return after being rested with Keiren Westwood, Jose Semedo and Atdhe Nuhiu, the others rested for that defeat, set to return too.

Including the last meeting these sides had, which was at Hillsborough, we've won the last three and have in fact won the last four meetings as us as the home side, how Gabbidon and Young would love to sign off with that stat continuing.

.. :laughing6: changes from the Capital Cup team ?

Only Brayford and maybe Gunnarsson will survive from the starting line up on Tuesday. (Given Fabio being fit).

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:43 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sky

Friday 26th Sept 2014

.. :laughing6: changes from the Capital Cup team ?

Only Brayford and maybe Gunnarsson will survive from the starting line up on Tuesday. (Given Fabio being fit).

:laughing6: :thumbright:

Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:56 am

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
bluemun wrote:No way is Alfie going to play. It'll be a five man midfield with Ravel playing more forward and Whitts and Gunnars deeper. Noone and Pilks wide. The latter is improving every game...I rate him very highly.

Pilkington is high up on my list of go to guys. One of our best I think, along with Daehli, Cala and Kenwyn has come into his own this season

Not impressed with pilks at all. He has no pace, doesn't take on a man or two and has mostly been anonymous. Ogs should have bought a winger with pace instead of him.

Re: MATCH THREAD ' CARDIFF CITY v SHEFF WED ' MATCH THREAD

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:06 pm

@CardiffCityFC: TEAM NEWS: @CardiffCityFC: Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Manga, S Morrison, Gunnarsson, Noone, Whittingham, Pilkington, Daehli, Jones.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Is that 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1?

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Looks like 4-5-1. Daehli as a number 10 behind Jones (according to Walesonline). Exiting line-up.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:@CardiffCityFC: TEAM NEWS: @CardiffCityFC: Marshall, Brayford, Fabio, Manga, S Morrison, Gunnarsson, Noone, Whittingham, Pilkington, Daehli, Jones.

Not enough Morrisons on the pitch.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Now that looks better, 11 players who can play in their correct positions. 2 Fbs, 2 CB, 2 Wide players, 2 CMs, a ST and AMC

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Awesome goal by Morrison :-D

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Again Morrison... :o

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:22 pm

JetNorwegian wrote:Again Morrison... :o

couldnt do anything else wed player was going to score! i think marshall was out of position at near [post! butttttt pilkington great goallllllll :thumbup:

Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:54 pm

C'mon now. Winning this will be give a massive boost. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:01 pm

apocalypse wrote:C'mon now. Winning this will be give a massive boost. :bluescarf:

Even if we'd lost or drawn I'd have been happy with that match.

All I wanted to see was motivation, passion and desire. And we got that for 90% of the match.

The win was wonderful to have in the pocket obviously, but I'm just so happy to see the players hungry and fighting for the win. Especially Manga, Fabio and Daehli (always Daehli)

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Was in the stadium today, great performance. Fabio, Noone, Pilkington were all great, and Ravel Morrisson made a massive difference when he came on. Should have been 3-1, the final goal was definitely not offside!

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:21 pm

I think we need to thank Youngy and Gabby again for team selection.
I think we still need a midfield enforcer and Lb cover but hey I'm grateful for the win while stranded in the USA

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Good 3 points. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Good 3 points. :ayatollah:

:thumbup: