Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:Will we return to blue next season? Yes or No

Only question I want asked and answered, with no clauses and conditions, just a yes or no answer to see where we stand

Tan has already said NO xmas day.

So what's the point of this meeting then? They want to please fans, it's what all fans want

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:Lets hope a lot of issues, like stewarding, standing, atmosphere can be sorted out.

No disrespect intended. But Stewarding Standing and Atmoshere need not be on the agenda. In my opinion the stewards do a thankless job very well. We have a tolerated standing area in the ground already. And you can't contrive an atmosphere. A good atmosphere comes from exciting competitive performances on the field.
I hope the issues discussed are the ones that really matter at the moment and issues that are realistic and achievable.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:54 pm

I think that the penny may be starting to drop. The club know the unhappiness amongst supporters and they could not survive without getting numbers through the gates.

They need to do something to improve the situation. Clearly our identity & history is top of the agenda but nothing much may not happen. They must also know that we are playing abysmal football and again the manager has to take responsibility. But again, nothing is unlikely to happen.

So what can the club offer to improve things?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:55 pm

FULL reverse of the rebrand. No compromise, no bottling, fight for our Club

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Only question I want asked and answered, with no clauses and conditions, just a yes or no answer to see where we stand

So what's the point of this meeting then? They want to please fans, it's what all fans want

Your rite shep but I think its a ( we know whats comming with upcomming protests ) lets send in my minions to try water the fire before it starts with a few bluffs to try ease the fans anger but who knows.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Penyfai Blue wrote:Lets hope a lot of issues, like stewarding, standing, atmosphere can be sorted out.

I agree with you there altho the most important thing is to get our club colours back and badge but also there is alot more that needs doing too

Like you say the stewarding for one, swapping the grange end with the canton to create a good atmosphere and make the day a more enjoyable :thumbup:

This really could be a step in the right direction :thumbup: :thumbup:

Its hitting his pockets no doubt, shirt sales at a record low along with merchandise not selling and a record low attendance

eighty_8 wrote:
joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

In a similar sense, my #NoBlueNoRenew campaign hasn't either :lol:

Mad isn't it, don't believe Bluebirds Unite as had an invite either!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Should think not

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

Your rite shep but I think its a ( we know whats comming with upcomming protests ) lets send in my minions to try water the fire before it starts with a few bluffs to try ease the fans anger but who knows.

We know they'll open with the 'no questions will be answered about changing the colour', which is the main thing that is upsetting fans! I guarantee this meeting will just be about season ticket prices, as what Choo and Dalman stated up in Bournemouth when asked about it by fans!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:59 pm

joncandy wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:
joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

Sian branson is on the trust now aint she if im correct so she will have to toe the party line no doubt.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:00 pm

All I hope is that whoever is 'invited' to attend do so in the right spirit and take the opportunity to engage with the club's representatives in a constructive and respectful manner

We don't actually know what the topics for discussion will be or what Tan's eventual responses can be, so making supposition beforehand is hardly going to help

Go in armed with relevant questions, be willing to listen and save judgements on the meetings success (or otherwise) until after the club's responses have been given

I think the majority of paying supporters would appreciate that from those lucky enough to be selected to attend (effectively but not exclusively) on their behalf :thumbup:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Never in business or life should you close the door so firmly that there is never a chance of changing direction. If from this conversation results in tan saying OK, I do listen and we will go back to blue, then the 40 "chosen ones" play a blinder.

We have had shit owners ever since i can remember, if we go back to blue, I wouldn't be a Tan fan, but i wouldn't be against the club as much as I am today.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:01 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
joncandy wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

Sian branson is on the trust now aint she if im correct so she will have to toe the party line no doubt.

Well I hope non renewal get's talked about as it is serious, strong and gathered momentum

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:02 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:

We know they'll open with the 'no questions will be answered about changing the colour', which is the main thing that is upsetting fans! I guarantee this meeting will just be about season ticket prices, as what Choo and Dalman stated up in Bournemouth when asked about it by fans!

Thats what im thinking it is, only a meeting to try and stop such things as protests and nobluenorenew that are about to come and fans will buy it no doubt and believe all thats said there. See what happens but thats my opinion i bet you could cut the atmosphere with a knife in there with some of the people in that room thursday id love to be a fly on the wall :laughing6:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT/STATEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:02 pm

40 reds have been invited :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:40 reds have been invited :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know anyone personally whos been red although i know loads who accepted it for debt to equity swap although lets be honest it was happening anyway reguardless of what fans input was altough some didnt help by pushing it :thumbup:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:07 pm

I guess it's good news.

Who wants to bet that the majority of the fans asked to attend the meeting "don't care about the rebrand and are grateful for everything Vincent has done"... :roll:

We'll soon find out.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:08 pm

anyone still in favour of red shirts and beer mat badges should do the honourable thing and decline an invite as they will not be representing the majority.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:09 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I guess it's good news.

Who wants to bet that the majority of the fans asked to attend the meeting "don't care about the rebrand and are grateful for everything Vincent has done"... :roll:

We'll soon find out.

I think its going to get heated in there if im honest :shock:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust, Sian Branson,Corky,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

What about BU?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:16 pm

I truly hope that this is not simply a meeting to soft-soap fans with empty promises before we receive our letters offering some meaningless guff as a ploy to get ST's to renew early. How I cringed at the 'Join The RevOLElution' nonsense last year. I actually wonder if VT is aware of this meeting or even cares after delivering his Christmas Day Cracker.

Fans consultation? VT and the board (plus the world and his wife) know what the issues are. They know what they have to do to unify the club and get us to renew. Its not difficult. Just get it done.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:18 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I truly hope that this is not simply a meeting to soft-soap fans with empty promises before we receive our letters offering some meaningless guff as a ploy to get ST's to renew early. How I cringed at the 'Join The RevOLElution' nonsense last year. I actually wonder if VT is aware of this meeting or even cares after delivering his Christmas Day Cracker.

Fans consultation? VT and the board (plus the world and his wife) know what the issues are. They know what they have to do to unify the club and get us to renew. Its not difficult. Just get it done.

:thumbup: :thumbup: exactly also I am glad my airways were clear when I read 'We care about our fans and their views are important to us.' :?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:25 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I truly hope that this is not simply a meeting to soft-soap fans with empty promises before we receive our letters offering some meaningless guff as a ploy to get ST's to renew early. How I cringed at the 'Join The RevOLElution' nonsense last year. I actually wonder if VT is aware of this meeting or even cares after delivering his Christmas Day Cracker.

Spot on :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:26 pm

I would like to attend this.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:28 pm

jayb wrote:I would like to attend this.

Sorry but like me you are not within the ( Circle of trust ) along with many 1000s of others :laughing6:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Positive news then. Talking stops wars.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:I guess it's good news.

We'll soon find out.

I think its going to get heated in there if im honest :shock:

Especially if the one and only Gwyn Davies is attending...

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:40 reds have been invited :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know anyone personally whos been red although i know loads who accepted it for debt to equity swap although lets be honest it was happening anyway reguardless of what fans input was altough some didnt help by pushing it :thumbup:

I agree lan ,most like myself wanted a debt free club this should be one of the main question to them if he's not doing it then a full reversal of the rebrand

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust, Sian Branson,Corky,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sounds like a re-run of the meeting that ended this club 3 years ago.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust,Sian Branson,Corky,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sounds like a re-run of the meeting that ended this club 3 years ago.

Hopefully Not At All. 40 is a lot more than 13 people and the Media are also going to be there :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: