Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:I hope you are right, but how can he do it without losing face?????

He's going to say "I am a reasonable man, and I have listened to the fans, as they are the lifeblood of the club. I have decided to go back to blue and the badge of the fans choice so the club can now go forward as one."

You heard it here first. ;) :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:56 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I hope you are right, but how can he do it without losing face?????

He's going to say "I am a reasonable man, and I have listened to the fans, as they are the lifeblood of the club. I have decided to go back to blue and the badge of the fans choice so the club can now go forward as one."

Steve, your right he is going to want to come out of this a hero and thats the only way I see him doing this,Ive been told its looking more than promising and if were united as one on Thursday,we will get our Blue back for next season. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:57 pm

SBF1 wrote:

Steve, that is the only thing he can say really and that wouldn't lose him face at all as he is only human and has made a big mistake :thumbup: He will look like a hero :bluescarf:

Re: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Fairplay if he turns us back blue why can't we move on together in a United front he's made some stupid decisions but apart from the rebrand and not converting to equity he has delivered on lots of things,if he never changed us red I think he wouldn't get half the amount of grief hopefully he's finally getting it! Fairplay to all Bluebirds making it clear week in week out what we want fairplay boys

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Steve, your right he is going to want to come out of this a hero and thats the only way I see him doing this,Ive been told its looking more than promising and if were united as one on Thursday,we will get our Blue back for next season. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fingers crossed then Annis. :thumbup:

If the 40 selected know each other, could they not have a pre-meeting meeting ? (or as many as possible in such a short time) If most are then singing from the same hymn sheet, it will give a bit of an advantage. (I.E. an hour before in a pub nearby maybe ?)
You can bet your life the reps from the club will have a meeting first. :old:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
krabb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Malmat Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

They also dont want to look like theyve destroyed a Football Club.

Plus,I know this sounds strange,but Russell Slade,Tans appointment has been speaking strongly to Tan regarding the divide in our club and that it can never work and its hurting the team.

Tan wants out,Tan needs Premiership football to restore his pride and most of his money and a divided club will not get him this.

I am expecting City to announce that Our Blue will be restored " IF " the meeting goes well on Thursday,when I mean well, our fans to be united and respectful and then it to be announced maybe within 48hrs after the meeting has taken place :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

annis if its a genuine positive response from tan then i will renew....but people like me are relying on you to tell me exactly whats going on..... :ayatollah:

Kevin, I will always tell the truth and I wont be be conned, its got to be guaranteed that its a return to our true identity :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:05 pm

I could live with the badge if we are in blue. Hope you are right Annis. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:07 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Steve, that is the only thing he can say really and that wouldn't lose him face at all as he is only human and has made a big mistake :thumbup: He will look like a hero :bluescarf:

If he did Steve, and he kept his promises re debt etc, I for one would welcome it with open arms.
Let's hope what Annis is hearing is good news for everyone.
Surely all that has gone on before would soon be forgotten by MOST! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:08 pm

SBF1 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

If he did Steve, and he kept his promises re debt etc, I for one would welcome it with open arms.
Let's hope what Annis is hearing is good news for everyone.
Surely all that has gone on before would soon be forgotten by MOST! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

I think it would be great all-round and the fans would quickly forget the last 3 years imo :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:08 pm

I can also live with the badge for a blue kit. That's a compromise that's more than fair. If we are blue then I and my son will renew

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:09 pm

krabb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
krabb wrote:
Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Malmat Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

Plus,I know this sounds strange,but Russell Slade,Tans appointment has been speaking strongly to Tan regarding the divide in our club and that it can never work and its hurting the team.

Tan wants out,Tan needs Premiership football to restore his pride and most of his money and a divided club will not get him this.

I am expecting City to announce that Our Blue will be restored " IF " the meeting goes well on Thursday,when I mean well, our fans to be united and respectful and then it to be announced maybe within 48hrs after the meeting has taken place :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

annis if its a genuine positive response from tan then i will renew....but people like me are relying on you to tell me exactly whats going on..... :ayatollah:

Kevin, I will always tell the truth and I wont be be conned, its got to be guaranteed that its a return to our true identity :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Starting to get a tad excited about this.
May even have an early night. :D :D :D

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Hope it's true but I can see him saying "we will look into it" and then keep dragging it out so we postpone the planned protests and the club will hope that by then they're in a better position in the league to try and bully us again.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:21 pm

SBF1 wrote:

leader :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

If the 40 selected know each other, could they not have a pre-meeting meeting ? (or as many as possible in such a short time) If most are then singing from the same hymn sheet, it will give a bit of an advantage. (I.E. an hour before in a pub nearby maybe ?)

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Steve, Ive rung about 25 and they are all United as one,quite a few of us are meeting up early. I dont know the full list and there is a couple I am not sure about,who seem to enjoy stirring it up, but thankfully this time everyone will be there to see for themselves,so I hope fingers cross it will all go well,I'm willing to Unite with everyone for this :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:27 pm

I really believe that this is important, if there are fans that are more interested in claiming a victory or wanting to be seen as rubbing Tan's face in the dirt the whole process could be jeapordised. It is also important that there is some room for compromise or wriigle room for all involved.

In many situations it is more important to walk away with what you want than to be seen as an all conquering victor. I feel that if we want this process to progress Tan must be able to reverse his decision while being seen to be in control of the situation. In short, he has to be seen to be making his decision for the right reasons, without losing face and if necessary even coming out of it with some credit.

It doesn't matter if tan is hailed as some great Asian demi-god at the end of this, if we are playing in blue, Ireally dont care.

So, if you are part of this meeting or know one of the representatives please get the message across, approach the situation diplomatically, give Tan the option of being able to make the reverse of the rebrand whilst maintaining his dignity and honour.
Really guys, it's the end result that matters don't blow it for the sake of any ones egos

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:28 pm

Would love this to be true but cant see this happening what so ever

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:36 pm

turn us back to blue and 'lose face' as opposed to being a laughing stock and hate figure not only in cardiff but the whole league system? and being held up as the typical example of an owner who cares not one jot about tradition but making money?

difficult choice. sadly, tan is not a rational man, he's like a dog with a bone over this rebrand. i cannot see him backing down unless crowds are massively down next season. the best we can hope for is that he reacts to a boycott by reversing the rebrand. he will not pre empt a boycott.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:37 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:Happy days, brilliant if true :ayatollah:

Please don't build my hopes up for them to fall down Thursday :lol:

My feelings exactly! :lol:

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:46 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:
papa wrote:
RageJon wrote:Really showed a boycott works .. Can't help thinking this should have been done along time ago.

Very curious about the transfer window with the way slade is operating.

Maybe the meeting will shed light around that also.

Good luck I still think he's buying time though.

and step up the boycotts if its a no to blue :bluescarf: no promises of change next season just to shut us up for now :evil:

This is paramount IMO, we can't trust him not to renege on a promise of restoring our blue for next season. If he's going to do it, it needs to be done straight away, with the blue away kit being used as our primary kit now. If this happens with an absolute assurance that the rebrand has gone for good I will renew after my 2 season long boycott

We can NOT use the BLUE kit at home for the rest of this season. We can use it for one home game only as the registered home kit is red, we have to use that until the end of the season. :(

Exactly what I was going to add :thumbup:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:55 pm

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
papa wrote:
RageJon wrote:Really showed a boycott works .. Can't help thinking this should have been done along time ago.

and step up the boycotts if its a no to blue :bluescarf: no promises of change next season just to shut us up for now :evil:

This is paramount IMO, we can't trust him not to renege on a promise of restoring our blue for next season. If he's going to do it, it needs to be done straight away, with the blue away kit being used as our primary kit now. If this happens with an absolute assurance that the rebrand has gone for good I will renew after my 2 season long boycott

We cant play in blue at home this season if the club wanted to FA rules (I believe you are allowed to wear away kit once at home for a season)

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:02 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
BracklaBlue72 wrote:
papa wrote:

We can NOT use the BLUE kit at home for the rest of this season. We can use it for one home game only as the registered home kit is red, we have to use that until the end of the season. :(

Cheers for the clarification. The thing is we can't trust a word he says. Some form of official assurance of the rebrand u turn would be good, though I'm really not sure that would be possible. Which would leave us having to trust him all over again :shock:

I don't trust a f*cking word that comes out of his mouth :evil:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Annis I sure hope your hunch is true!!!! i will be completely ecstatic and so emotional , my birthday tomorrow, what a present that would be, I have everything crossed!!! :bluescarf:

But I do not trust Tan, so seeing is believing

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:12 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:Annis I sure hope your hunch is true!!!! i will be completely ecstatic and so emotional , my birthday tomorrow, what a present that would be, I have everything crossed!!! :bluescarf:

But I do not trust Tan, so seeing is believing

Fingers crossed, I am believing all the news I am hearing :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: I dont Trust Tan,but I dont trust the people that also told lies to hi, as we all never accepted the Rebrand.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:12 pm

I hope it is announced that we will return to blue as I haven't been to a game for a couple of years now, and it has been difficult changing habits that had been with me for a long time. I have said for a while now that only by boycotting the stadium will we get anywhere. Marches and protests in the stadium will have absolutely no effect, not giving Tan our money and an empty ground will eventually tell. Having said that, I don't think we are going to get any good news this week as I think that this will just be a public relations exercise with no major compromises being made, particularly if fans start making demands rather than requests.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Steve, Ive rung about 25 and they are all United as one,quite a few of us are meeting up early. I dont know the full list and there is a couple I am not sure about,who seem to enjoy stirring it up, but thankfully this time everyone will be there to see for themselves,so I hope fingers cross it will all go well,I'm willing to Unite with everyone for this :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Top stuff!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Hope you're right Annis and we can return to blue. If this doesn't happen I can see the divide between the fans and club increasing 10 fold over night.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:18 pm

bob dylan wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

leader :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:18 pm

Why Friday worked where all other attempts of protest against the rebrand failed was it hit Tan somewhere where it hasn't before.. his ego. Billionaires can cope with losing a relative few quid but they can't cope with such dents to their ego. On the Kelab Perkhidmatan Awam Golf Course the humiliation of your team playing at an empty stadium hurts far more than bankrolling it.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:29 pm

Hope you're right, Annis. Cool heads all round, eh? Say what you like about Russell Slade, he's a football man, and can't fail to miss what's going on. :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:32 pm

I can't see how tan can expect premier league football with the players we are being linked with I think he's resigned himself to the fact we ain't going up and to be honest I ain't bothered about going up as long as he turns us back to blue with our old badge