Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' UPDATED ' ' They are even now saying '

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:52 pm

Same here, more positive news the better

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Big bluebird, i fancy a tug now!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152640 :thumbright: :bluescarf:

They are even now saying its looking good on the BLUEBIRD on the badge, well we only have till tomorrow to wait now,hopefully they really do see sense :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

REM " WE ARE CARDIFF CITY & WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE "

THOSE THAT STAYED BLUE/WILL GET THEIR WISH :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

A change of badge,but a bigger Bluebird

Who is saying we will get change of badge with bigger bluebird?

Re: ' They are even now saying '

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:56 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:Not a fan of circular badges in general and I didn't much like the look of KArl's one (if it's the one I'm thinking which had half a blue circle and half red with the big dragon)

I DI like this mixture though Image

just don't like the fire and passion bit too much

Bluebird too small, dragon too big :thumbright:

Also looks as if Tan's dragon is attempting to eat the Bluebird. :lol:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 pm

anything to try and get supporters to renew season tickets very shortly, that's all it is about! :old:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:13 pm

I'd love to have the old badge back before rebrand, I think if there is another change of badge then the word "bluebirds" along with Cardiff city should be present

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Super news. Well done no blue no renew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:40 pm

RFMH wrote:What are the terms though? Is debt to equity completely off the table? Will the club have a policy and philosophy going forward? rather than going from a fairly balanced manager to and overly defensive one to a pass/attack minded manager (in theory) to another balanced manager (in theory) 3 and a half years costing millions and several rebuilds.

Of course debt to equity is completely off the table. Rightly so.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Imagine the badge if it was just the bluebird like the old days but maybe with a white background.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:59 pm

I don't care if slade signs shit players ;)
The blue shirt back and decent badge would make me proud to support Cardiff city again :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:09 pm

If we get blue I'll be delighted. Remember the word compromise..one thing at a time..get it back' then ask for more.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:19 pm

beames lee wrote:If we get blue I'll be delighted. Remember the word compromise..one thing at a time..get it back' then ask for more.

Is it badge you plan on asking for next? Isnt he putting the bluebird on prominently.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

maccydee wrote:
RFMH wrote:What are the terms though? Is debt to equity completely off the table? Will the club have a policy and philosophy going forward? rather than going from a fairly balanced manager to and overly defensive one to a pass/attack minded manager (in theory) to another balanced manager (in theory) 3 and a half years costing millions and several rebuilds.

Of course debt to equity is completely off the table. Rightly so.

Yes he's attacking the debt in other ways, ready to sell presumably in time. :thumbright:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:35 pm

I think he will go blue with no more investment or red with personally

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:38 pm

As nice as it would be, I can't see Tan turning around tomorrow and saying 'back to blue' with nothing in return! I wonder if the price of season tickets will be mentioned as a compromise!! Back to blue and prices go up... Stick with red and price freeze/reduced costs of season ticket... Something for the 'chosen 40' to think about before the meeting! Id definitely be happier paying more and watching them in blue! 100 mile round trip to watch a red team in a lifeless stadium is becoming quite tedious!!!

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Brecon Bluebird wrote:As nice as it would be, I can't see Tan turning around tomorrow and saying 'back to blue' with nothing in return! I wonder if the price of season tickets will be mentioned as a compromise!! Back to blue and prices go up... Stick with red and price freeze/reduced costs of season ticket... Something for the 'chosen 40' to think about before the meeting! Id definitely be happier paying more and watching them in blue! 100 mile round trip to watch a red team in a lifeless stadium is becoming quite tedious!!!

We want the blue unconditionally no things like if we do this , if we do that .

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:44 pm

That is very good news about the badge and would really make my day, week, month, year, you get the picture :thumbright:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:47 pm

Brecon Bluebird wrote:As nice as it would be, I can't see Tan turning around tomorrow and saying 'back to blue' with nothing in return! I wonder if the price of season tickets will be mentioned as a compromise!! Back to blue and prices go up... Stick with red and price freeze/reduced costs of season ticket... Something for the 'chosen 40' to think about before the meeting! Id definitely be happier paying more and watching them in blue! 100 mile round trip to watch a red team in a lifeless stadium is becoming quite tedious!!!

Changing to blue will not guarantee a good atmosphere.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:48 pm

maccydee wrote:

I think it would go a long way in helping though

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:51 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Fans will get more behind the team for one thing

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:00 pm

darran1927 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Why? They should be behind the team anyway. At least what's the propagandaists say.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:01 pm

There may be catch..........back to blue only if we sell 22,000 ST etc to pay for the reverse of the rebrand etc.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:04 pm

englishbluebird wrote:I don't care if slade signs shit players ;)
The blue shirt back and decent badge would make me proud to support Cardiff city again :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:05 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Brecon Bluebird wrote:
As nice as it would be, I can't see Tan turning around tomorrow and saying 'back to blue' with nothing in return! I wonder if the price of season tickets will be mentioned as a compromise!! Back to blue and prices go up... Stick with red and price freeze/reduced costs of season ticket... Something for the 'chosen 40' to think about before the meeting! Id definitely be happier paying more and watching them in blue! 100 mile round trip to watch a red team in a lifeless stadium is becoming quite tedious!!!

I never said it would guarantee a good atmosphere but I've been going for 23 years and watching my team play in our colours and everybody around you is in the same shoes, is a massive part of the day out! And I hate, hate, hate that all my kids know and have experienced is Red! Even if the atmosphere stayed flat I would be happier on a personal level, taking my kids to watch the bluebirds play in blue and talk about something other than the rebrand!!
I don't post much but as I own a business myself, my point is, what does Tan want in return? I know no more funding has been mentioned, I'm just intrigued as to what is the catch?? There has to be something...

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Annis if this happens, and we return to blue and a bluebird, will it change the way you think of Tan? How do you think the majority of the supporters will react?
Personally I hate the rebrand as much as anyone else but also recognise the fact we survive as a club because of his money (like everyone else ;-))
Will it be the end of the ‘Tan Out’ shouts and beginning of “Oh lord tan the Man?”
Has he caused too much damage and disrespected the fans so much its unforgivable or will we want to take him to Canton and buy him a few pints of Dark
:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Does Vince mind you saying this pal?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:feel you should have kept this to yourself until the meeting annis, if it turns out to be false there will be a lot of raised hopes for nothing

Paul, I can only say what Ive been told and why we have been invited there,what I dont know though is,if any conditions on this?

Ive put it all out,because it has come from people who are involved in our club etc and I have never felt so positive for years, I will feel worse than sick.if it does not come off and I will state now," I wont Renew my season ticket if we now dont get our BLUE back for next season " :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

They can promise all they want but we will be asked to renew before the club has to submit next seasons colours.
Would you renew based on a verbal promise from Tan?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:33 pm

If Tan done all of the above, blue and bluebird badge, do you honestly believe it will make a big difference to attendances and atmosphere after the first few games?

Or do you think a few bad results and people will feel disheartened, and we will slip back into the trap we are current in during league home games??

Of course I'd be delighted if Tan reverted the colours but I think the rot is a lot deeper than that, I honestly don't see a long term solution.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:34 pm

It would be great to feel proud to follow City again. I would be ecstatic. #nobluenorenew

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:38 pm

modernising the brand should of happened years ago, the brand is Cardiff City Bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: the Bluebird is synonymous with the club, anyone tell me what Stoke City's emblem is? me neither......Cardiff always had an opportunity to market itself better