Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' MINI-UPDATE MONDAY MARCH 2nd 2015 '

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 pm

bluestar wrote:Done over 40 years from div 4 up not starting over again looks like heading down so getting rid of the rest of our better players so I'll call it a day

Football can be fun in whatever league as long as you've got a decent team. We haven't got one at the moment and from what you say that has never stopped you from supporting the Club before and who's to say that we won't have a decent team next season?? :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:13 am

moonboots wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
carlccfc wrote:' THE SALES WILL CONTINUE '

The cost cutting at the club will continue in the summer and the players who have value will be sold if there are takers, I was told today.

Manga, Marshall, Noone and Morrison are players that the club will look to move on as they represent the biggest income of transfer fees in the squad.

Manga in particular should get the club the money back they paid for him with his impressive displays and no doubt we should make money on Marshall and Noone too.

Kenwyne Jones due to his high wages is another who will likely see the exit door in the summer.

Declan John is not in Slade's immediate plans but the youngster is determined to stay and fight for his place, he wants to stay at City, could Declan be a cheaper option as a winger for the club ?

I believe that Russell Slade needs a strong finish to the season and if he doesn't then I do not believe he will still be City manager at the start of next season.

Paul Trollope is impressing the board at the club since he came In and along with Martyn Margeston, the club are building the coaching team around these two.

Scott Young will be kept on as part of the coaching staff as junior coach to learn the ropes off more experienced coaches and is seen as someone who fits the bill of keeping a local lad among the coaching team and who has a connection with the club like Alan Curtis has at Swansea.

Season Ticket sales are still very slow but City are hopeful they will pick up towards the end of March as the deadline to securing your same seat approaches.

ANOTHER REASON NOT TO RENEW :bluescarf:

Season ticket prices do not offer value for money and shedding even more of the best players will only confirm people's minds not to renew.

Those who do will wait as seats will be available everywhere, the new top tier stand will be closed nest season :ayatollah:

Renewing your season ticket is not about value for money it's about supporting your team. :thumbup:

Depends what you are paying £350 or over £2000 a season!

Easy when you pay for one instead of 6, welcome to 2015 :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:18 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

The cost cutting at the club will continue in the summer and the players who have value will be sold if there are takers, I was told today.

Manga, Marshall, Noone and Morrison are players that the club will look to move on as they represent the biggest income of transfer fees in the squad.

Manga in particular should get the club the money back they paid for him with his impressive displays and no doubt we should make money on Marshall and Noone too.

Kenwyne Jones due to his high wages is another who will likely see the exit door in the summer.

Declan John is not in Slade's immediate plans but the youngster is determined to stay and fight for his place, he wants to stay at City, could Declan be a cheaper option as a winger for the club ?

I believe that Russell Slade needs a strong finish to the season and if he doesn't then I do not believe he will still be City manager at the start of next season.

Paul Trollope is impressing the board at the club since he came In and along with Martyn Margeston, the club are building the coaching team around these two.

Scott Young will be kept on as part of the coaching staff as junior coach to learn the ropes off more experienced coaches and is seen as someone who fits the bill of keeping a local lad among the coaching team and who has a connection with the club like Alan Curtis has at Swansea.

Season Ticket sales are still very slow but City are hopeful they will pick up towards the end of March as the deadline to securing your same seat approaches.

Season ticket prices do not offer value for money and shedding even more of the best players will only confirm people's minds not to renew.

Those who do will wait as seats will be available everywhere, the new top tier stand will be closed nest season :ayatollah:

I will renew and support the team who is on the pitch regardless of their name, not a dig but it is still our club and team and if any money recouped goes to reducing debt then for me we have to do it.

Each and every one to their own decision.

Been supporting the team for over 40 yrs ( no Medal).

Over 15 of us in our row not renewing next season, more to life than supporting a club that's lost it's way :bluescarf:

And maybe the club can do without supporters that have lost their way, too!

Each to their own, of course ;)

Been supporting City well over 40 years myself and I've seen a lot worse times than this (although not many more inept managers) so I'll be renewing, despite certain current 'issues' that mean I cannot attend every match!

Each to their own, of course! ;)

Cardiff City FC (the football club NOT the owner) have rarely needed the backing of its paying support as much as it does right now, but people appear to be giving up far too easily at the moment!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 am

Tan said he'd invest if we stayed red,he hates blue so won't invest anymore,just strip the club of anything with value,I personally think he's doing this hoping sections of our support,would ask for the red back

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:56 am

Sorry to say, Yes something needs to be done QUICKLY. Looks like the OLD days were we are selling our best players...BUT THIS TIME AROUND WE NEED TOO !!!,.
But i shall be picking where i want to sit next year as there be plenty of seats to pick from UNLESS THERE is a MASSIVE change in style and staff :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :sad7: :sad7: :sad7:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:42 am

All I can say is,yes we need to get rid of this shocking Debt Tan has created himself,but we also need a fairly decent team and manager. For me,we look far worse of than before Tan arrived.
My opinion, Tan will eventually leave us worse off,unless a buyer is found ASAP.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:24 am

To me, and I'm deffo not ITK, the logic of this was set when Slade was appointed after OGS - that decision was all about realistically not getting promoted, whatever platitudes come out from top brass.

January sales and these sales are an inevitable follow-on form that decision - and frankly the logic is too strong to refute. When OGS left we were a shambles, with far too many players of the same quality and type, a very high wage bill that was too high for FFP, no real team to speak of, and no leaders to speak of.

If we pop our heads over the parapet for a spell, what is happening to us has happened to countless other ex-Premiership clubs whose natural place is often in this division - Ipswich, Derby, Bolton, Burnley, Wednesday, let alone the Leeds and Barnsleys of this world - a spell of necessary cost-cutting and lower-division football, with some (Ipswich, Derby, Burnley) returning to good form and prospects.

Perhaps some on here might appreciate what Dave Jones did for us a bit now - some cracking football, yes some disappointments, but all on a wage bill and transfer kitty that is peanuts compared to what Malky and OGS have spunked away.

And he used to find good strikers who scored goals. Oh for one of them to help Kenwynne now.

I'll be renewing, whatever division we are in.

CTID

:bluescarf:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:10 am

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I will renew and support the team who is on the pitch regardless of their name, not a dig but it is still our club and team and if any money recouped goes to reducing debt then for me we have to do it.

Over 15 of us in our row not renewing next season, more to life than supporting a club that's lost it's way :bluescarf:

Been supporting City well over 40 years myself and I've seen a lot worse times than this (although not many more inept managers) so I'll be renewing, despite certain current 'issues' that mean I cannot attend every match!

Cardiff City FC (the football club NOT the owner) have rarely needed the backing of its paying support as much as it does right now, but people appear to be giving up far too easily at the moment!

:D let's see how they do without around 12000 ST holders :bluescarf:

All each to their own, of course :shock:

Be better off without them all I bet :ayatollah:

At least you will be able to hear Dai Hunt clearly :lol:

Each to their own, of course :wave:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:28 am

Think we will still be getting crowds around 8k to 9k next season hopefully, which is pretty much in line for the real size of our club, we are a similar size to the Millwall,s and Charlton,s of the Footie world. Just a shame we can't reduce our stupid stadium size to enhance the atmosphere. Whoever thought it would be a good idea creating a stadium for us that has 33,000 seats was stupid. Next season we will have 25,000 empty seats. May be the answer will be to close two or three sides of the ground down like the Cardiff Blues use to do at the CCS to try and help the atmospher :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Think we will still be getting crowds around 8k to 9k next season hopefully, which is pretty much in line for the real size of our club, we are a similar size to the Millwall,s and Charlton,s of the Footie world. Just a shame we can't reduce our stupid stadium size to enhance the atmosphere. Whoever thought it would be a good idea creating a stadium for us that has 33,000 seats was stupid. Next season we will have 25,000 empty seats. May be the answer will be to close two or three sides of the ground down like the Cardiff Blues use to do at the CCS to try and help the atmospher :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

don't forget to slash your wrists whilst you're down there chief :lol: - time to lighten up Blueboys, we'll be back don't you worry :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Annis im not sure how you can say we are in a worse state, without his initial loan HMRC wanted to liquidate us and no one at the time was interested in us. his promise of a loan kept us going, even then HMRC wanted the judge to liquidate us.

The huge section of fans who said they would rather be in blue in the conference then red in the prem have quickly turned a corner from what ive read.

We got the blue back and the cut backs are being made, those fans should be delighted, the debt will be reduced and we will become self sufficient and not reply on TAN. Its seems the fans want it all, its just not realistic.

Personally im more than happy for the player assets to be sold and the cut backs made and we build from then on.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:45 pm

If the City persist in jobs for the boys (like the welsh egg chasers do) then Scott Young can do a match day role in hospitality.

That he has some sort of coaching role with the first team is a joke.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Annis im not sure how you can say we are in a worse state, without his initial loan HMRC wanted to liquidate us and no one at the time was interested in us. his promise of a loan kept us going, even then HMRC wanted the judge to liquidate us.

The huge section of fans who said they would rather be in blue in the conference then red in the prem have quickly turned a corner from what ive read.

We got the blue back and the cut backs are being made, those fans should be delighted, the debt will be reduced and we will become self sufficient and not reply on TAN. Its seems the fans want it all, its just not realistic.

Personally im more than happy for the player assets to be sold and the cut backs made and we build from then on.

Luke,

Most of us if not all that have been going for decades and went through the 80s where we were about to have our doors closed on us tend to disagree with this liquidation theory.

Then we were at the bottom with nothing but ourselves yet we pulled through. I just find it difficult to believe a club touching the premier ship door were going to vanish overnight for what was a small tax bill. No one was interested so some say, the people who seem to stick up for the likes of Steve Borley who had a lot to lose.

You see Luke Tan was in the background so any interested party would be put off by that unless they could match him. The likes of Borley and Isaac only saw their interests saved. I always wonder what those 2 would have done if Tan had walked away. The thought of someone like Sam Hamman getting his hands on the club as an ongoing concern for the price of a small tax bill....think about it.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

:D let's see how they do without around 12000 ST holders :bluescarf:

All each to their own, of course :shock:

Be better off without them all I bet :ayatollah:

At least you will be able to hear Dai Hunt clearly :lol:

Each to their own, of course :wave:

Dai "As Seen on TV" Hunt even louder and clearer?? OMG!! :cry: :cry: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:39 pm

I believe the key to this is getting a good wheeler dealer manager in? Is that Slade. ? Doubtful. We need someone who can find a few bargains and good loan deals

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Think of Derby as a good example. They have spent a few years developing their youngsters since their last stint in the Premier League. They slowly shed their high wage earners like Savage and have rebuilt around their own players.

But throughout it all their fans stuck by the team, regularly having the biggest crowd in the Championship. If only we had 20,000 loyal fans :roll:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 pm

We should not be looking to sell manga!

Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Cheers Carlos Keep the Updates coming :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Annis im not sure how you can say we are in a worse state, without his initial loan HMRC wanted to liquidate us and no one at the time was interested in us. his promise of a loan kept us going, even then HMRC wanted the judge to liquidate us.

Luke,

Most of us if not all that have been going for decades and went through the 80s where we were about to have our doors closed on us tend to disagree with this liquidation theory.

Then we were at the bottom with nothing but ourselves yet we pulled through. I just find it difficult to believe a club touching the premier ship door were going to vanish overnight for what was a small tax bill. No one was interested so some say, the people who seem to stick up for the likes of Steve Borley who had a lot to lose.

You see Luke Tan was in the background so any interested party would be put off by that unless they could match him. The likes of Borley and Isaac only saw their interests saved. I always wonder what those 2 would have done if Tan had walked away. The thought of someone like Sam Hamman getting his hands on the club as an ongoing concern for the price of a small tax bill....think about it.

Pheory about tan putting off interested parties could be tru ! but clubs have been liquidated for debts of £250k to taxman, ok clubs not as big as us but taxman as history of folding clubs! :old: