Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea's Success

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Sometimes in life you have to accept things if you like it or not.

Swansea as a football club are streets ahead of us and it looks like they will be for a time yet. Of course things can change over a season but don't put your mortgage on it.

I do believe though that if we caught up with the Jacks we out of he 2 clubs would be the one to go that step further.

What makes you think cardiff would go further ?

Because I have been in crowds of 50,000 and above twice watching Cardiff at NP. That tells me we have the potential. Swansea have got no where near that else after 5 years in the premier they would have expanded.

You're speaking about two games from the early fifties ,and after those two games the crowds dropped back to what is now excepted as normal levels and bear in mind football was far more popular for paying spectators than it is now . potential is one thing for filling it is another.
I remember when the club reached the PL how many were saying that some games should be played at the Millennium Stadium because of the expected demand , didn't sell out CCS for a single game I believe . Swansea have the demand but the infrastructure isn't in place as yet but I'm sure that will follow , nothing worse than having a near empty stadium is there.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:22 pm

Trefelin06 wrote:I find it amusing how you are all trying to come up with ways to keep you thinking that your still a bigger club. It must be killing you inside that a team that was miles behind you is currently miles ahead of you. For the last 4 years people like Pembroke Allan are constantly trying to find ways to make out that cardiff are not far behind. I'm still waiting for the annual thread " Swansea are going to get relegated, they are going to get found out in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th year". I suppose the more times you say it the more times you will believe it . It must be eating you all up inside.

And thats four. :lol:

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Whereami wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Sometimes in life you have to accept things if you like it or not.

Swansea as a football club are streets ahead of us and it looks like they will be for a time yet. Of course things can change over a season but don't put your mortgage on it.

I do believe though that if we caught up with the Jacks we out of he 2 clubs would be the one to go that step further.

Because I have been in crowds of 50,000 and above twice watching Cardiff at NP. That tells me we have the potential. Swansea have got no where near that else after 5 years in the premier they would have expanded.

You're speaking about two games from the early fifties ,and after those two games the crowds dropped back to what is now excepted as normal levels and bear in mind football was far more popular for paying spectators than it is now . potential is one thing for filling it is another.
I remember when the club reached the PL how many were saying that some games should be played at the Millennium Stadium because of the expected demand , didn't sell out CCS for a single game I believe . Swansea have the demand but the infrastructure isn't in place as yet but I'm sure that will follow , nothing worse than having a near empty stadium is there.

I was there....I'm looking good considering how old you think I am.

Why do you think we have extended?

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:09 pm

griff105 wrote:
Trefelin06 wrote:I find it amusing how you are all trying to come up with ways to keep you thinking that your still a bigger club. It must be killing you inside that a team that was miles behind you is currently miles ahead of you. For the last 4 years people like Pembroke Allan are constantly trying to find ways to make out that cardiff are not far behind. I'm still waiting for the annual thread " Swansea are going to get relegated, they are going to get found out in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th year". I suppose the more times you say it the more times you will believe it . It must be eating you all up inside.

yes you can tell by the stupid names he makes up! :lol: and he asks for reasons to questions and he comes up with the same old swans crap when you answer him, he sounds like RM or his son? and if he bothered to read other posts which i am sure he has he will find i have consistently said couldn't give a fck about them if they were premier champs, champion league winners they are an irrelevance as far as a football teams goes to me! just same as man u chelsea ect ect are, :thumbup:

Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
griff105 wrote:

yes you can tell by the stupid names he makes up! :lol: and he asks for reasons to questions and he comes up with the same old swans crap when you answer him, he sounds like RM or his son? and if he bothered to read other posts which i am sure he has he will find i have consistently said couldn't give a fck about them if they were premier champs, champion league winners they are an irrelevance as far as a football teams goes to me! just same as man u chelsea ect ect are, :thumbup:

To be fair mate, whenever I see a Jack thread you are always one of the main contributors. Just stay clear if you genuinely don't care, otherwise the opposite will look like being the case. They are where they are, we are where we are. Thats it.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Whereami wrote:

Wow, if you were more successful than, we'd be less successful than you. I'd never have worked that out if you'd not posted it. :o

Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:33 pm

xajax wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Wow, if you were more successful than, we'd be less successful than you. I'd never have worked that out if you'd not posted it. :o

And thats five.
Twisted :lol:

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
griff105 wrote:

Alan, do you have a relation in Swansea called Darran ? Only asking coz he says very similar type things about Cardiff that you say about Swansea, except he can't spell for toffee

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Lanwood wrote:How much does it still hurt that our little brother from down the road are so much more successful than us? I never thought the gap between the two clubs could grow as much as it has done and it still doesn't fit comfortably with me in fact I hate seeing them up there and us struggling in comparison! With our current set up I just can't see it changing for a very long time! Have you accepted this or does it hurt you?

They are only a small irrelevant team though and no one gives a shite apart from about a third of town hill, the other two thirds are blooooooobirds :thumbup:

Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Bovi wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
griff105 wrote:

Alan, do you have a relation in Swansea called Darran ? Only asking coz he says very similar type things about Cardiff that you say about Swansea, except he can't spell for toffee

Six..... :shock:

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:03 pm

I can assure you that I've got bugger all to do with this person you reckon has got 5 profiles. There's only one of me and I'm unique as you will realise soon enough.

Get your mods to check out the IP's

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:33 pm

Bovi wrote:I can assure you that I've got bugger all to do with this person you reckon has got 5 profiles. There's only one of me and I'm unique as you will realise soon enough.

:laughing5: 'There's only one of me and I'm unique'. Congratulations Bovi! You win this months Prize-Twat competition - if you forward your address to one of the mods. we'll get your t-shirt in the post (size Small).

Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:44 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Bovi wrote:I can assure you that I've got bugger all to do with this person you reckon has got 5 profiles. There's only one of me and I'm unique as you will realise soon enough.

:laughing5: 'There's only one of me and I'm unique'. Congratulations Bovi! You win this months Prize-Twat competition - if you forward your address to one of the mods. we'll get your t-shirt in the post (size Small).

Do you even know what an IP is you thick tw*t?

I'm a tw*t and proud of it I've even got a plaque on a wall in my house that says I'm a tw*t. What's your excuse then, were you dropped on your head when you were a baby ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:10 am

Lanwood wrote:How much does it still hurt that our little brother from down the road are so much more successful than us? I never thought the gap between the two clubs could grow as much as it has done and it still doesn't fit comfortably with me in fact I hate seeing them up there and us struggling in comparison! With our current set up I just can't see it changing for a very long time! Have you accepted this or does it hurt you?

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: what a stupid idiotic post go on there forum numpty if you love them so much pathetic

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:14 am

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I'm getting sick of these Swansea loving threads.

must be closet swans fans as every other day someone makes post how great they are ! :o i know its a football forum but its about CCFC and the posts are not informative either! just at a scfc love in? :roll:

Sad that there need to come on here mate :bluebird: Gota feel for the pathetic skiprats nowt else to do I suppose :bluescarf:

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Whereami wrote:

That's the thing about Cardiff that their current fanbase doesn't seem to be aware of. Yes they have always had the potential too pull off a 50/60000 crowd for a one off game, but they have NEVER been able to do it on a consistent basis. They do not see the other side of the coin that is the reality. When they were relegated from the old first division in 62, their last home game drew a crowd of under 10000, and that lack of support was cited as the reason for their demise at the time. That of course was back in the days off your gate receipts being your main source of income by far.
Huge fanbase, capital city, more potential to get to the next level? Live in the real world guys. You know, the one that says the last time you bettered our premier league finish last year was 88 years ago, before anyone on any Cardiff City messageboard was born. :laughing6:

Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:30 pm

The premier league wasn't around 88 years ago. Just saying.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:19 pm

Wiltshireblue wrote:The premier league wasn't around 88 years ago. Just saying.

Pembroke Allan was, he used to babysit Jesus you know :old:

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
nubbsy wrote:I'm getting sick of these Swansea loving threads.

must be closet swans fans as every other day someone makes post how great they are ! :o i know its a football forum but its about CCFC and the posts are not informative either! just at a scfc love in? :roll:

Exactly

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:38 pm

This is getting ridiculous now. Swansea have done very, very well since shafting their creditors but who cares? Maybe we should focus on our own team instead of worrying about Swansea?

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:45 pm

I worry very much about Cardiff. I don't think Vincent should be holding this up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:This is getting ridiculous now. Swansea have done very, very well since shafting their creditors but who cares? Maybe we should focus on our own team instead of worrying about Swansea?

''Some people tell me that Swansea is the enemy, Swansea for Pete's sake!

"There is nothing wrong with Swansea but is that the extent of our ambition?

"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they will say so, if Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff City is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell's chance of making it.''

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:17 pm

whiterock wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:This is getting ridiculous now. Swansea have done very, very well since shafting their creditors but who cares? Maybe we should focus on our own team instead of worrying about Swansea?

"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they will say so, if Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff City is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell's chance of making it.''

I agree with every word, Swansea will never make it, they will never stay in the Premier League, win any major honours or play in Europe. I know this because my dog Colin told me so

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Bovi wrote:
whiterock wrote:

I agree with every word, Swansea will never make it, they will never stay in the Premier League, win any major honours or play in Europe. I know this because my dog Colin told me so

Well if he's that clever ask Colin what's the future for Cardiff and who are the two mysterious players Slade's in talks with. ;)

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Fusilier52 wrote:
Bovi wrote:
whiterock wrote:

Well if he's that clever ask Colin what's the future for Cardiff and who are the two mysterious players Slade's in talks with. ;)

Colin says that Cardiff are in advanced talks with Dean Cox and Darius Hendeson from Leyton Orient. Wages are the stumbling block at the moment. How's things btw Lurko are the piles any better ?

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Who has the better history the jacks or us.. Think you'll find we have. Only welsh team to lift the fa cup,more welsh cup titles,championship winners,more finals,capital city,bigger fanbase,bigger stadium,out of all the time us & the jacks have played each other we have won the most..look on wiki. If Swansea were back in the champ would people say there bigger than Cardiff? They will always be smaller than us regardless of where we both are.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:17 pm

Blue1989 wrote:Who has the better history the jacks or us.. Think you'll find we have. Only welsh team to lift the fa cup,more welsh cup titles,championship winners,more finals,capital city,bigger fanbase,bigger stadium,out of all the time us & the jacks have played each other we have won the most..look on wiki. If Swansea were back in the champ would people say there bigger than Cardiff? They will always be smaller than us regardless of where we both are.

Not sure about that one. Id certainly say they are the bigger club now. I cant bring myself to count Welsh Cups and achievements 100 years ago - but thats just me.

Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Blue1989 wrote:Who has the better history the jacks or us.. Think you'll find we have. Only welsh team to lift the fa cup,more welsh cup titles,championship winners,more finals,capital city,bigger fanbase,bigger stadium,out of all the time us & the jacks have played each other we have won the most..look on wiki. If Swansea were back in the champ would people say there bigger than Cardiff? They will always be smaller than us regardless of where we both are.

A Cardiff website says different

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/head_t ... ndex.shtml

Cardiff won the FA Cup in 1927, that's 88 years ago. Swansea won the League Cup 2 years ago. They're the only times the FA and league cups have left England. Neither club have been champions and neither club has got any history to shout about from the rooftops. Being capital is nothing to crow about be its there are numerous cities in England bigger than Cardiff, Manchester is huge in comparison and it's not capital of England. London is what you call a capital it's massive and supports numerous clubs some of which are huge clubs. But if any club in London claimed they were bigger than Manchester United just because they were in the capital they'd be laughed at.
At the moment there's a huge gulf between the two clubs both on and off the pitch. Swansea is run properly and Cardiff is run by an idiot. He doesn't even want to look at the local youngsters across South Wales with a result that they're all flooding to academies belonging to Swansea. Academies that are even held in Cardiff. If things keep going as they are where do you think both clubs will be in 10 years ? It's a real possibility that Cardiff will be languishing in league 1 or 2 playing in front of 5,000 and Swansea still in the Premier League playing in front of full houses every week and having won one of the cups again.

What would be the result if the two clubs drew each other in the FA Cup this season. If the game was in Cardiff I think it would be quite close with Cardiff being valiant in defeat and holding Swansea to a couple of goals, however if it was in Swansea it could be a massacre.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:30 am

G'day Bovi

Put another shrimp on the Barbie mate. .....

And f**k off to your own messageboard.
You Jack b*stard

:bluescarf:

Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:59 am

eddiep wrote:G'day Bovi

Put another shrimp on the Barbie mate. .....

And f**k off to your own messageboard.
You Jack b*stard

:bluescarf:

I think you've got a secret man crush on me