Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The Jacks away support today

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 am

Anyone thought that life every where in the UK is pretty tough financially these days. 450 is pretty good when you factor in how far away it is, price and the fact that they've played them the last 4/5 years. I doubt we would have taken many more if we were in the same position.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:12 am

I think this should be filed in the 'crumb of comfort' threads. If it makes you feel better, fill yours boots. :laughing6:

Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:21 am

Wiltshireblue wrote:We barely get 14,000 at home games these days lads, lets not go pointing the finger at away figures to places like Sunderland because it will only come back and bite us on the bum when we have to go to the likes of Ipswich later on.

We're not prem though let alone doing well there.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Threads like this make us look f*cking pathetic, we only took about 70 to Middlesbrough last season

Right two things that I think you should consider here Jon and your fact is actually wrong.
1/ It was a Tuesday night and a couple of days earlier we played Norwich away.
2/ The fact you got wrong and that is your 70 is not correct. It was 71 as I was in the home end :D :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

If we were in the Premier League for 4 years and played Sunderland every single year, do you think we would've taken much more especially in our 5TH season? We have absolutely nothing to laugh about when it comes to them lot, it just makes us look desperate and obsessed. What's more embarrassing is that we've lost 12,000 fans since we were relegated last year.

Most of them 12,000 fans we've lost were glory hunting reds. Good riddance, I enjoyed the game yesterday without them.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:57 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Wiltshireblue wrote:We barely get 14,000 at home games these days lads, lets not go pointing the finger at away figures to places like Sunderland because it will only come back and bite us on the bum when we have to go to the likes of Ipswich later on.

Let me tell you something about the jacks they reckon they got a big fan base and huge support its only August and they can't get take huge support to Sunderland if you are going to the north east this is the best time to go early season..when you live down here in port talbot you see a lot of them in swansea shirts but have the time none of them ever go to the Liberty never mind away from home I'm sick of hearing that they got big support yeah it's easy to watch on the telly in a pub every week but as far has im concerned I think there support is shite a few years a go I went to Sunderland on a freezing cold October night chopra scored two and we had a good following up there

Thousands of Swansea can't get tickets to games, that's why they watch games on TV. Do you think most Man Utd fans go to watch Utd play ? And even if some people want to wear a Swans top and don't want to go to matches, that's fine by me and extra money for the club.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Whereami wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

Let me tell you something about the jacks they reckon they got a big fan base and huge support its only August and they can't get take huge support to Sunderland if you are going to the north east this is the best time to go early season..when you live down here in port talbot you see a lot of them in swansea shirts but have the time none of them ever go to the Liberty never mind away from home I'm sick of hearing that they got big support yeah it's easy to watch on the telly in a pub every week but as far has im concerned I think there support is shite a few years a go I went to Sunderland on a freezing cold October night chopra scored two and we had a good following up there

Thousands of Swansea can't get tickets to games, that's why they watch games on TV. Do you think most Man Utd fans go to watch Utd play ? And even if some people want to wear a Swans top and don't want to go to matches, that's fine by me and extra money for the club.

So if thousands can't get tickets for home games the next best option is to go to away games. 400 away fans on a Saturday is poor for a club in the premier league.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Whereami wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

So if thousands can't get tickets for home games the next best option is to go to away games. 400 away fans on a Saturday is poor for a club in the premier league.

Newcastle, who are a bigger club than Swansea & Cardiff put together, returned over 1000 tickets last week when we played then and only brought around 900 fans to Swansea. The only clubs that sellout for every away game is a small amount, Man U arsenal Spurs Liverpool, from what I've seen, so Swansea are in decent company.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:13 pm

murphy wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Threads like this make us look f*cking pathetic, we only took about 70 to Middlesbrough last season

Right two things that I think you should consider here Jon and your fact is actually wrong.
2/ The fact you got wrong and that is your 70 is not correct. It was 71 as I was in the home end :D :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

If we were in the Premier League for 4 years and played Sunderland every single year, do you think we would've taken much more especially in our 5TH season? We have absolutely nothing to laugh about when it comes to them lot, it just makes us look desperate and obsessed. What's more embarrassing is that we've lost 12,000 fans since we were relegated last year.

Most of them 12,000 fans we've lost were glory hunting reds. Good riddance, I enjoyed the game yesterday without them.

I agree, despite the low crowd the atmosphere in the Canton was better than ever even before we scored our first goal.

There are glory supporters at all football clubs. If the Jacks were in the same position as us they'd only be getting around 12k at home games, and when we were in their position we were selling out week in week out. There is only so much loyalty in football.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:06 pm

Swansea have always had a small away following, they've never been known for having good away support.

What's more alarming is we used to be heralded among the lower divisions as having cracking away support for the club of our size. We were known for having large and fantastic away support yet nowadays we are a shadow of our former selves. I think that sadly is more worrying.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Swansea have always had a small away following, they've never been known for having good away support.

What's more alarming is we used to be heralded among the lower divisions as having cracking away support for the club of our size. We were known for having large and fantastic away support yet nowadays we are a shadow of our former selves. I think that sadly is more worrying.

That's how i remembered it

Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Chill out chaps it's just banter. Football is about banter

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:09 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
image.jpg
Fair play they have a Premiership side and doing well but there travelling fans are no better than the Welsh league :lol: :lol: :lol:

And their 'home' fans are Heineken League, Nukes! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:25 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Swansea have always had a small away following, they've never been known for having good away support.

Another myth ie Swansea & Cardiff's away support. Swansea's away support over yrs has been probably better than cardiffs.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:32 am

I'm not having that, I'm sure Stoke, Leicester and WBA have a bigger following but being midlands clubs they have many games less than 50 miles away and most are no more than 100 miles, we had a 900 mile round trip, this is our 5th trip to the SOL and the novelty is wearing thin and I take my hat off to the 450 or so that made the herculean effort.

As someone has said, we took 3,000 to Arsenal on a Monday night which was live on TV and took 2,700 to Chelsea two weeks ago which was also on TV at 5:30 (I know Chelsea is more attractive than QPR but wasn't there just 1,000 of you there for your 5:30 televised game?).

Just as we were starting our climb, we took 7,000 to Bury, I mention this because every one can get a crowd for a promotion game but what was surreal was that they gave us 3 sides of the ground, I can't remember that ever happening before, or since.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:33 am

goats wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

It amazes me that anyone can be bothered to go and blow big money going to an away game these days.

I know its to expensive every away game! My cost is £100 just for me! :o but I think while both Set's of fans say this and that about attendances in reality if swans were relegated they would suffer just as we did, and also if expended stadium would they fill it if above 27k even in premier for Everygame? Maybe 1st season but after that its questionable as we found out! :old:

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:34 am

Whereami wrote:

Another myth ie Swansea & Cardiff's away support. Swansea's away support over yrs has been probably better than cardiffs.

When we were both championship, ours was better.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:37 am

murphy wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Yeah by 15, and we have 100 miles further to travel

Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:55 am

whiterock wrote:
murphy wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Liberty to brum airport 149m ccfc to brum airport 123 so not 100m more to travel if you use example as yardstick? :shock:
If you use a465 of course? :laughing6:

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
whiterock wrote:
murphy wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Liberty to brum airport 149m ccfc to brum airport 123 so not 100m more to travel if you use example as yardstick? :shock:

Splitting hairs, I live 50 miles from Cardiff so its reasonable for me to say 100 mile round trip

For you to win in this stupid oneupmanship, I'll say 90, bulb

Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:47 pm

whiterock wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
whiterock wrote:
murphy wrote:
Whereami wrote:

Splitting hairs, I live 50 miles from Cardiff so its reasonable for me to say 100 mile round trip

For you to win in this stupid oneupmanship, I'll say 90, bulb

Not one upmanship just pointed out general travel for average swan fan isn't an extra 100m! :thumbright: Its over 200m every home game for me! if went anywhere away its extra 100m! :roll: anyway you made point of distance I just extended conversation. :thumbup:

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:17 pm

whiterock wrote:
murphy wrote:
Whereami wrote:

By 15 what? What about CCFC fans who live closer to swansea then cardiff. They don't have much futher then you to travel.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:20 pm

murphy wrote:
whiterock wrote:
murphy wrote:
Whereami wrote:

By 15 what? What about CCFC fans who live closer to swansea then cardiff. They don't have much futher then you to travel.

It's all academic really , Cardiff fans aren't travelling either to home or away games at the moment :o

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:39 pm

whiterock wrote:

I'm not having that, I'm sure Stoke, Leicester and WBA have a bigger following but being midlands clubs they have many games less than 50 miles away and most are no more than 100 miles, we had a 900 mile round trip, this is our 5th trip to the SOL and the novelty is wearing thin and I take my hat off to the 450 or so that made the herculean effort.

As someone has said, we took 3,000 to Arsenal on a Monday night which was live on TV and took 2,700 to Chelsea two weeks ago which was also on TV at 5:30 (I know Chelsea is more attractive than QPR but wasn't there just 1,000 of you there for your 5:30 televised game?).

Just as we were starting our climb, we took 7,000 to Bury, I mention this because every one can get a crowd for a promotion game but what was surreal was that they gave us 3 sides of the ground, I can't remember that ever happening before, or since.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ed-2395593
Another Jack talking nonsense and exaggerating. 5000. We had more than that at Scunthorpe in 90s.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:47 pm

I am not talking about the last 5 years you melts. Like I said our away support crumble. 70s, 80s, 90s our away supports are incomparable and to say otherwise is nonsense.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:53 pm

What's more alarming is we used to be heralded among the lower divisions as having cracking away support for the club of our size. We were known for having large and fantastic away support yet nowadays we are a shadow of our former selves. I think that sadly is more worrying.[/quote]
Another myth ie Swansea & Cardiff's away support. Swansea's away support over yrs has been probably better than cardiffs.[/quote]

When we were both championship, ours was better.[/quote]

Yeah by 15, and we have 100 miles further to travel[/quote]

By 15 what? What about CCFC fans who live closer to swansea then cardiff. They don't have much futher then you to travel.[/quote]

It's all academic really , Cardiff fans aren't travelling either to home or away games at the moment :o[/quote]

14,000 last saturday and over 1000 at QPR so you'll think you'll find Cardiff fans are going to games.

Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:35 pm

murphy wrote:What's more alarming is we used to be heralded among the lower divisions as having cracking away support for the club of our size. We were known for having large and fantastic away support yet nowadays we are a shadow of our former selves. I think that sadly is more worrying.

Another myth ie Swansea & Cardiff's away support. Swansea's away support over yrs has been probably better than cardiffs.[/quote]

When we were both championship, ours was better.[/quote]

Yeah by 15, and we have 100 miles further to travel[/quote]

By 15 what? What about CCFC fans who live closer to swansea then cardiff. They don't have much futher then you to travel.[/quote]

It's all academic really , Cardiff fans aren't travelling either to home or away games at the moment :o[/quote]

14,000 last saturday and over 1000 at QPR so you'll think you'll find Cardiff fans are going to games.[/quote]

Less than a half full stadium and an easy trip up the M4 to the lovely hosts of QPR , that's not good numbers is it .I expected to see much more especially with the back to Blue campaign being the success it's been . normally the expectations of the season ahead brings the numbers in , it's when the results are poor around the Xmas time that you see the crowds drop off .

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:42 pm

I don't think crowds will drop much lower if we have a poor season. If we're top 6 come the second half of the season, Ithink our crowds will be back to about 20k. Anyway, shouldn't you be concerned about your club buying that council shithole of yours so you can extend it?