Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 'Scarfgate' 3 years ago today

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:07 pm

Sven wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I took one because basically there was no roll left in the toilets.

Serious (and honest) question: Were you actually there? :?

Nope couldn't make it. :thumbup:

I thought not! School night (back in the day)?? ;)

Correct! I was 16 at the time. :thumbup:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:13 pm

During the war :sleepy2:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That day was one of my worst days of following City, in fact my worst as I walked out and did consider whether never to return , thankfully I chose to return the next match and fight for the return of our Blue :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Those who stayed Blue were targeted and made to feel like Aliens for staying true to our identity and pride.
Where are the 20,000 Reds now?

I HATED AND DETESTED THE RED SELL OUTS WHO WORE THE RED SCARFS AND EVEN HAD THEIR PHOTOS WITH THEM AND STILL TO THIS DAY IT HURTS :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

No need to write anything as I totally agree and felt the same way

Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:46 pm

I took one but not to wear but as a collectors item. I didn't initially take one when they were handing them out but took one as I was walking out as there were still boxes full of them by the exits. Stuffed it in my pocket and it now sits along with other various memorbilia. It's the only piece of red merchandise I have, I think it stands as an important reminder that we should never make that mistake again.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I took one but not to wear but as a collectors item. I didn't initially take one when they were handing them out but took one as I was walking out as there were still boxes full of them by the exits. Stuffed it in my pocket and it now sits along with other various memorbilia. It's the only piece of red merchandise I have, I think it stands as an important reminder that we should never make that mistake again.

I think a lot of people probably did the same, & I can't remember that many people wearing them a couple of weeks later when we played our next home game v Derby???