Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW "I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT & BE HONEST "

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Loved the energy,commitment and sheer williness to win in the middle of the park today.We took our chances and that's what been missing at home games.
Well done to all the fans today there didn't seem anywhere inside the stadium where you could stay dry :

Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:59 pm

Suddenly social media is full of slade supporters and hardly anybody saying slade out

Now I'm not saying our fans are the most fickle I've seen to date...

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:07 pm

Quality today the City looked alot more up for it than Brighton and we put them out of sight in the first half. The work rate and intensity was first class and some of the football we played at times was the best I've seen from us all season. Whitts, Lawrence, Immers and Pilks were all in top form, keeping us on the front foot and looking to make things happen.

Fed up of hearing about the attendance, its shit and theres no excuse for it but personally I couldn't give a shit. The atmosphere in the canton stand was decent and its nice to be stood next to like minded fans that actually care about the club and want to support their team. Two fingers to the stay away fans.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:24 pm

erinsown wrote:Great result didnt expect four goals. I have always believed we have quality and a top 6 team.

We've always said the quality is there :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:32 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:You said Immers hadn't done anything and then he scored? He assisted Pilkington!

What I meant was he had not stood out in my opinion and I was just commenting that he had not done much and bang he scored :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:33 pm

boyo1927 wrote:Superb performance by every player. Pilks my mom but special mentions for lawrence, immers and okeefe

Pilks was my second best, but over all they sll contributed to s great win :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:10 pm

nubbsy wrote:My friend asked me what to expect today I said 'well we always play shit on sky, we haven't scored in 2 games and we always play shit against Brighton'.... Happy to eat my words!

Blooooobirds

I said exactly the same. Always shit on sky . I predicted 1-2. But happy with that today even if I was soaked through to my kegs

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Cracking game

Not much more to add

Apart from I'm glad Jones has gone and Pilky has pretty much showed us where the goal was

Whitts again showed complete class

Lawrence ball skills were exceptional

Best attacking game by far this season !

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:26 pm

I would have quite happily taken a draw today but I thought we were excellent and didn't give Brighton much chance in the final third of the pitch. MOTM for me was Whitts who looked very effective in what were terrible conditions for both sets of players and fans. Although I was soaked,the win cheered me up and I'm looking forward to a good night out with my wife.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:40 pm

theclaw wrote:Loved the energy,commitment and sheer williness to win in the middle of the park today.We took our chances and that's what been missing at home games.
Well done to all the fans today there didn't seem anywhere inside the stadium where you could stay dry :

Can't fault City at all today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

New Stadiums can't stop the rain or cold

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:46 pm

Fantastic game today and just watched it again after recording it on Sky Sports. Well worth getting soaked for, would do again every week if we could pull off a result like that. Well done Bluebirds :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:53 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:Suddenly social media is full of slade supporters and hardly anybody saying slade out

Now I'm not saying our fans are the most fickle I've seen to date...

That is football for you :lol:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:20 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Quality today the City looked alot more up for it than Brighton and we put them out of sight in the first half. The work rate and intensity was first class and some of the football we played at times was the best I've seen from us all season. Whitts, Lawrence, Immers and Pilks were all in top form, keeping us on the front foot and looking to make things happen.

Fed up of hearing about the attendance, its shit and theres no excuse for it but personally I couldn't give a shit. The atmosphere in the canton stand was decent and its nice to be stood next to like minded fans that actually care about the club and want to support their team. Two fingers to the stay away fans.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

WELL SAID ON BOTH ACCOUNTS :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:37 pm

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :lol: :lol: :thumbright:

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:39 pm

RageJon wrote:Cracking game

Not much more to add

Apart from I'm glad Jones has gone and Pilky has pretty much showed us where the goal was

Whitts again showed complete class

Lawrence ball skills were exceptional

Best attacking game by far this season !

I think Pilky has shocked a lot of us and you could see today the confidence is growing in the team :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:40 pm

norms76 wrote::bluescarf: :bluescarf: :lol: :lol: :thumbright:

image.jpeg

:lol:

Norms, Im glad Slades proving us wrong :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:42 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My View/ Opinion

" WELL I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT & BE HONEST WERE YOU? "

Cardiff City showed a top 3 team how to put the ball away and play good football .

City now only 2points off the top 6 and we could be dreaming of Wembley again :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sadly less than 10,000 fans were in actual attendance and to me with City chasing promotion this is worrying and if the City of Cardiff want a club/ team to be proud of,then turn up and support them with pride :ayatollah: :bluebird:

CARDIFF CITY 4 BRIGHTON 1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Marshall, Fabio, Malone, Connolly, Manga, Whittingham, Ralls, Lawrence, O'Keefe, Pilkington,
Subs Moore, Peltier, Oshilaja, Dikgacoi, Gunnarsson, Zohore, Saadi.

Crowd 14,143
Away Support Aporox 500

Today's game was going to be a big test for City with Brighton having won 4 of their last 5 League games and challenging for a top 2 place,but City undefeated in their last 11 Home League games, was a draw on the cards?

City ran out to what looked like a near empty Cardiff City stadium.

A quite start by both sides.

Then Whittingham in the 16th minute cooly put the ball in the net 1-0 City :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Two mins later some lovely football by O'Keefe to Pilkigton who put the ball away with a great shot 2-0 City :ayatollah:

I was just saying Immers had done nothing yet and then bang in the 30th min Immers scores 3-0 City we were in wonderland :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A dream first half :ayatollah:

Half-time City 3 Brighton 0

City continued in the second half to attack and Immers shot wide within the first 3mins.

City then went to sleep and Stephens headed in to score for Brighton 53rd min 3-1 City

Brighton stepped up the pressure, Pilkigton broke through and was brought down in the 64th minute for Peter Whittingham to convert the penalty in the 63rd min 4-1 City :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

City comfortably controlled the rest of the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Full Time CCFC 4 BRIGHTON 1

My man of the match Peter Whittingham :ayatollah:

Up next BORO away this Tuesday night :ayatollah:

No one expected that and to win in such style :ayatollah:

Let's hope it continues and we can get into the play offs :ayatollah:

Stunned us all and long may it continue :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:45 pm

I have said many times over the last few seasons how Whitts was too deep and slowing down play but playing more advanced today with better players than at the beginning of season he was superb.

Quick passing, and linking up with top 3 really well. Tgats the old Whittingham brilliant

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Brianclark5 wrote:Great game today,best of the season but still Slade out for me :sladeout:

The football was good , players moving for each other. Marshall was worrying at times but 4 1 tells its own story. :bluebird:

With No money Slades has now done a great job :ayatollah:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Daio85 wrote:I have said many times over the last few seasons how Whitts was too deep and slowing down play but playing more advanced today with better players than at the beginning of season he was superb.

Quick passing, and linking up with top 3 really well. Tgats the old Whittingham brilliant

Your spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote: With No money Slades has now done a great job :ayatollah:

Didn't think I would ever agree with you on that statement Annis, but totally 100% :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:My friend asked me what to expect today I said 'well we always play shit on sky, we haven't scored in 2 games and we always play shit against Brighton'.... Happy to eat my words!

Blooooobirds

I knew that it would help us that they would not park their bus :lol: but I never expected 4-1 :shock: :ayatollah:

I told my wife this morning we where due a big win over someone she was watching sky barking on about how brighton could win today I told her then we would win today we where due one today and against one of the top six sides bring on borough

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:01 pm

GBHostmaster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote: With No money Slades has now done a great job :ayatollah:

Didn't think I would ever agree with you on that statement Annis, but totally 100% :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I was never a Slade fan and for me what ever happens now Slade has far exceeded what I expected from him :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Great result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very interesting stats though:

STATS: Cardiff 4-1 Brighton
Possession: 44% - 56%
Shots: 12 - 8
Shots on target: 6 - 2

Easy game, if you shoot more you always have a chance hhhhmmmmmm where have I heard that :ayatollah:

VT tactical genius

Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:49 am

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Great result :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Very interesting stats though:

STATS: Cardiff 4-1 Brighton
Possession: 44% - 56%
Shots: 12 - 8
Shots on target: 6 - 2

Easy game, if you shoot more you always have a chance hhhhmmmmmm where have I heard that :ayatollah:

VT tactical genius

We won't go that far :lol:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:12 am

Great result yesterday, to be fair Slade is doing a much better job than I first expected & slowly proving me & many others wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:39 am

Well worth getting drenched for yesterday! Loved the performance we were superb! Mom could have come from any of them but I thought whitts was excellent. He was getting stuck in and taking people on. Bruno had no answer to him relying on cheap shots but that still didn't work. Best 2 finger salute whitts had was to point to the score and know he buried 2 of them.

Gunnar also did well for me when he came on. Broke things up and calmed things down. We didn't lose much threat either.
I have thought for a long time that 4231 was our best line up with our players. Lets hope we can kick on from this. It wasn't a well battled win against a reasonable side. It was domination of a potential automatic promotion contender. Totally unexpected buy a completely deserved win

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Great result yesterday, to be fair Slade is doing a much better job than I first expected & slowly proving me & many others wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mason Yes Slade has proved me and you wrong and thousands of others, Well Done to him :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:36 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Well worth getting drenched for yesterday! Loved the performance we were superb! Mom could have come from any of them but I thought whitts was excellent. He was getting stuck in and taking people on. Bruno had no answer to him relying on cheap shots but that still didn't work. Best 2 finger salute whitts had was to point to the score and know he buried 2 of them.

Gunnar also did well for me when he came on. Broke things up and calmed things down. We didn't lose much threat either.
I have thought for a long time that 4231 was our best line up with our players. Lets hope we can kick on from this. It wasn't a well battled win against a reasonable side. It was domination of a potential automatic promotion contender. Totally unexpected buy a completely deserved win

Completely agree with you :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Great result yesterday, to be fair Slade is doing a much better job than I first expected & slowly proving me & many others wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mason Yes Slade has proved me and you wrong and thousands of others, Well Done to him :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Annis, I always said I hoped he'd prove me wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: