Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City Fans / But and a Big But '

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:46 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:As a non attendee for the past 3 seasons and not watching many games the season before that to want to charge people like me double isn't the answer. (been following City on and off since about 11 years old, now 63)
I would now be classed as a glory hunter if we got in the play offs and gained promotion and I returned to the fold. At the moment I have no intention of returning to the fold even if promotion was gained.
You moan about lack of attendances then want to penalise people who may return if the club gained some success, bit of a double edged sword there, you want people to turn up now but the fact is so much shit has happened at The City over a number of years that the culmination of it all is low attendances and shit atmosphere.
You even searched deep into your own conscience and was a little unsure about renewing your season ticket and that's from a diehard who's not missed a season for donkey's years.
I have found other things to occupy my time now and have really lost the bug, what would make me return? a double priced ticket? absolutely no, wouldn't that be punishing me for losing the faith and not continuing to support through thick and thin?
I fear I may never return but who knows.
Probably be some name calling or clever comments now but the club should listen to the people who've stopped going as well as the diehards who still attend, find out the reasons and maybe change a few attitudes down there in the boardroom and decision making departments.

I would hope there would be no clever comments or name-calling :(

I think it's not about 'penalising' as the prices will be set as they are now. I think all we are talking about is a little 'something in return' for continuous and loyal attendance over many years. Fans are the life-blood of any club (as the Premier League are finally realising with their away price deal) and it is important that keep them on board

New and/or returning fans are also very important to a club and they must also be treated well, so it is a dilemma for any club not just ours. To me, it would just be like having a Tesco Club Card, where the more you shop the bigger the rewards! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:58 pm

I listened to the game on the radio while driving to work. Despite Fabio getting sent off we were by far the better team and towards the end the atmosphere sounded awesome, the crowd really was a 12th man but sadly we couldn't get a goal. Roll on Saturday :bluescarf:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:24 pm

It was £24 to sit in the Canton Stand last night and £27 to sit in the Ninian Stand that was if you had enough time to que at the ticket office.

If you pre booked to pick up from the booth there was an extra £1 ticket fee and £1 admin fee.

£29 to sit on the side of the pitch or £26 behind the goals is not going to attract people to come to a mid-week game.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:38 pm

The12thBlue wrote:Last night in my opinion something special happened, the players gave 100% and so did the fans. When the second goal went in it was too much for some and people walked out but the true fans stayed right until the end and never gave up (just like the players) and I think that will prove to be a massive confidence boost to the players for the rest of the season, looking forward to Saturday now (Y)

Just because someone walked out after the second goal it apparently means they are not a true fan - what a load of b******s - :roll:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:39 pm

abergblue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:100% agree Annis. My lad actually videoed the last 2mins to show his mates in school how the atmosphere was and how we gave standing ovation to our lads and sang bloouubirds when Leeds scum scored their 2nd goal

Can you put that video on here? :thumbup: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Felt great yesterday with our fans support at the end. Pilkington looked shattered, stunned and appreciated the support as he knelt down thean walked away.

I will ask my boy to put it on later, as I said it's on his phone not mine. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:100% agree Annis. My lad actually videoed the last 2mins to show his mates in school how the atmosphere was and how we gave standing ovation to our lads and sang bloouubirds when Leeds scum scored their 2nd goal

:thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That for me is about supporting your club and showing your appreciation, glory hunters don't know how to.

I walked back to the car feeling that I'd been to a football match. Just like the old days. I felt really proud to be Cardiff last night the way the players and 99% of the fans worked the 96 mins. :ayatollah:
Alot of people won't pay the £26+ walk up fee ,which is why I think the attendance will stay the same this season no matter what! But atmosphere etc last night was some of the best we've had this season regardless of the result :thumbright:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Wait until we get to Wembley in the play-offs.
These "fans" will all come flooding back and I can't wait to hear their excuses for not showing up beforehand :roll: :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:Wait until we get to Wembley in the play-offs.
These "fans" will all come flooding back and I can't wait to hear their excuses for not showing up beforehand :roll: :lol:

Most of them will say they've been here all season :lol:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:
The12thBlue wrote:Last night in my opinion something special happened, the players gave 100% and so did the fans. When the second goal went in it was too much for some and people walked out but the true fans stayed right until the end and never gave up (just like the players) and I think that will prove to be a massive confidence boost to the players for the rest of the season, looking forward to Saturday now (Y)

Just because someone walked out after the second goal it apparently means they are not a true fan - what a load of b******s - :roll:

I agree with that Chief but I wish they had stayed because that was the very least the players deserved. Even two nil they kept on going so the least we could do was do our part. Not saying they were wrong in going early like that as I have recently done the same but it would of been good had they stayed to give the players there appreciation.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:07 pm

Fusilier23 wrote:

:ayatollah:
I totally agreed with the "Last night in my opinion something special happened, the players gave 100% and so did the fans." statement but then he goes on to slate the thousands who left with 2 minutes to go!
Any City fan who attends as many of the games as they possibly can are "true fans" - Not just the fans who stay from the 1st minute until the final whistle. I stayed until the final whistle myself but I don't agree with Fusilier23 by stating that the early leavers aren't true fans.

Bring on Saturday! :bluebird:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:10 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:

I totally agreed with the "Last night in my opinion something special happened, the players gave 100% and so did the fans." statement but then he goes on to slate the thousands who left with 2 minutes to go!
Any City fan who attends as many of the games as they possibly can are "true fans" - Not just the fans who stay from the 1st minute until the final whistle. I stayed until the final whistle myself but I don't agree with Fusilier23 by stating that the early leavers aren't true fans.

Fusilier didn't say it Chief. Now you will have him spitting blood and threatening to knock your teeth down your throat :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
bakerbluebird wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:

Fusilier didn't say it Chief. Now you will have him spitting blood and threatening to knock your teeth down your throat :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, Fusilier. I totally agree with your views on this one. I'd like to keep my teeth if I may!
The12thBlue... Damn you for making me blame Fusilier.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:50 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
bakerbluebird wrote:
Fusilier23 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, Fusilier. I totally agree with your views on this

one. I'd like to keep my teeth if I may!

No apologies needed from anyone

I was not at the game due to being unwell, first game I have missed in 5 1/2 years

My family left after the second goal to come home to make sure I as ok but they told me how proud they felt of the team - never leave early normally :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:35 pm

RV Casual wrote:It was £24 to sit in the Canton Stand last night and £27 to sit in the Ninian Stand that was if you had enough time to que at the ticket office.

If you pre booked to pick up from the booth there was an extra £1 ticket fee and £1 admin fee.

£29 to sit on the side of the pitch or £26 behind the goals is not going to attract people to come to a mid-week game.

Or if you get your ticket over a week in advance its just £18 for the canton.

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:58 pm

We are still a club without an identity. We were only really known for our hooligan past, that famous passionate support was made with an average of much less than 15K.

Football changed a decade before we realised. Going to NP was primal, exciting and addictive even though the football was shit. We have lost a big chunk of those fans who realised after four or five seasons in the modern sterile CCS that football had changed for good. We had joined the modern soccer am generation.

They can blame Tan, the rebrand, Malky, Ole, Slade, or stewards but we can't go back we have crossed the rubicon. I don't know what the answer is, i guess we must go after the primary and secondary school kids, one with parents the others on their own. When i was 14 I'd meet my mates under the TV gantry and sing my heart out, now they go with their embarrassing parents and don't sing. How much is it for a 15 year old to get into the Canton on their own ?