Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " IN A NEAR EMPTY CARDIFF CITY / CITY TODAY "

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:34 pm

RV Casual wrote:I didnt go today obviously hence my 'i hered' the atmosphere was good comment. Not sure what your trying to get at there though as Im sure Im not the only one who's missed games this season through other commitments.

My point is your constant negativity about our crowds is boring, just let it go and focus on the positives. We won today yet your title is named 'in a near empty cardiff city'.

Well if its boring you, stay off the topic simple :thumbright: :thumbright:

Funny even Slade our manager wants the crowd
Cardiff City boss Russell Slade proud of Ipswich win as he says: 'if the fans are behind me, it’s fantastic' :ayatollah:

But its a true fact,the stadium was virtually empty,why should I lie?

I never singled you out for not going?
Ive missed plenty in my time,but never stopped going because bad football,bad results like many have and use it does concern me as crowds have always interested me.

I move abroad soon and will only see City twice a month at most,but in 44 years Ive never not renewed or stopped going through bad football etc like 15,000 others have,yes it hurts to see.

Make your own positive topic and I will sticky it :thumbright: :thumbright:

A CLUB NEEDS A CROWD AND ITS FANS AND THATS THE TRUTH :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think Annis summing up is a fair reflection. I would add that for the first time in years I was confident we would hang on for the win as we seemed able to go up a gear if we had to.

Thought the Ninian was a credit to the atmosphere but again I'm left wondering where is the Canton?

The negative is again Ralls whose passing at times was awful and Malone who shit out of tackles again today.

Still the work rate was there and my MOTM was Lex who ran his socks off.

Cheers Tony and you say it how it is,even if it upsets me :lol: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

The work rate was there and thats how we got our win today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I think Annis summing up is a fair reflection. I would add that for the first time in years I was confident we would hang on for the win as we seemed able to go up a gear if we had to.

Thought the Ninian was a credit to the atmosphere but again I'm left wondering where is the Canton?

The negative is again Ralls whose passing at times was awful and Malone who shit out of tackles again today.

Cheers Tony and you say it how it is,even if it upsets me :lol: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

The work rate was there and thats how we got our win today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Upsetting people is the only thing I have ever been any good at :lol:

In fairness to you Annis I honestly believe the 'team talk' you gave at Bristol City has had a massive positive affect on the manager and players.

I would love it if a League One manager took us up to the Premier League, what a story and you could claim an assist ;)

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:46 pm

My row had at least 10 empty seats today that are normally full. But on a positive, as mentioned above not a great game but massive 3 points for us and Rotherham turning the playoffs into a 5 team 2 place race after beating Wednesday and coming back from 3 down today with 10 mins left against Derby :ayatollah:
Hopefully gain 3 points away to reading next week. Heard today we've sold out? Hopefully should be a cracking atmosphere :bluescarf:

Re: " IN A NEAR EMPTY CARDIFF CITY STADIUM / CITY TODAY "

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Seems like the truth is hurting some but the camera doesn't lie.

City and Slade are doing their bit but the truth is the majority of fans who were there two seasons ago have disappeared and deserted our club.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Not disputing that Carl. Was always going to be the case, we are, as history shows a team with a fickle fan base.

All that I am saying is I see no benefit in highlighting it every five minutes, on the contrary, I find it negative.

However, point taken, if I dont like it I dont have to read it.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:48 pm

carlccfc wrote:Seems like the truth is hurting some but the camera doesn't lie.

City and Slade are doing their bit but the truth is the majority of fans who were there two seasons ago have disappeared and deserted our club.

Camera may not lie but according to club 15k was there? : :o
When was PIC taken during game or before it? Makes massive difference! :thumbup:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Upsetting people is the only thing I have ever been any good at :lol:

In fairness to you Annis I honestly believe the 'team talk' you gave at Bristol City has had a massive positive affect on the manager and players.

I would love it if a League One manager took us up to the Premier League, what a story and you could claim an assist ;)

And me Tony :lol:

I would be over the moon if Russell Slade defined all of us and takes us up :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:14 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Free ticket to kids work....Those kids (primary age) giving it to the Ipswich fans made my day, thought one or two of them were going over the barrier :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Those kids were fantastic today - '1-0' they taunted to the Ipswich singers (who were only youngsters anyway) but they didn't know what to when being outsang by a load of primary age fans. Everbody (including Ipswich) loved it. And those youngsters are the future so good on the club for keeping this offer going. There was a bloke and his mate behind me that I have never seen before who just spoke about work and his support of Spurs throughout the game whilst his kids were having a great time supporting their local team. That's where it starts........'Dad, can you take me down the City again please and whilst your at it, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM YOU PLASTIC-TWAT'. Well maybe without the plastic-twat bit.

:ayatollah:
Last edited by GrangeEndStar on Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

When was PIC taken during game or before it? Makes massive difference! :thumbup:

During the game, one second half and the rest first half.

If you look the players are on the pitch in each photo.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:18 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:My row had at least 10 empty seats today that are normally full. But on a positive, as mentioned above not a great game but massive 3 points for us and Rotherham turning the playoffs into a 5 team 2 place race after beating Wednesday and coming back from 3 down today with 10 mins left against Derby :ayatollah:
Hopefully gain 3 points away to reading next week. Heard today we've sold out? Hopefully should be a cracking atmosphere :bluescarf:

Ive been told the crowd that actually attended was under 10,000.
We even gave tickets away free today.

A massive 3pts today,massive, more important than beating Leeds.

3pts at Reading would be the icing on the cake :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Allan 50 mins and 48seconds in to the game
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:My row had at least 10 empty seats today that are normally full. But on a positive, as mentioned above not a great game but massive 3 points for us and Rotherham turning the playoffs into a 5 team 2 place race after beating Wednesday and coming back from 3 down today with 10 mins left against Derby :ayatollah:

Ive been told the crowd that actually attended was under 10,000.
We even gave tickets away free today.

A massive 3pts today,massive, more important than beating Leeds.

3pts at Reading would be the icing on the cake :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Looked about 8500 to me and it honestly looked like lots of people had left at half time to go and watch the egg.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW/OPINION

" IN A NEAR EMPTY CARDIFF CITY STADIUM/ CITY TODAY "

CARDIFF CITY SAW OUT A HARD FOUGHT WIN.

A MASSIVE 3PTS AGAINST PLAY OFF RIVALS IPSWICH :ayatollah:

RUSSELL SLADES NAME WAS SANG TODAY BY THE DIED HARD CARDIFF FANS AND SO IT SHOULD BE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Even though Ipswich came for a win there were long periods of the game that were non eventful play.
Cardiff looked tired,did the high tempo Leeds game take it out of them?

3 hard fought points :ayatollah:

Russell Slade had to bring in Simon Moore to replace Marshall who came down with a virus last night.

CARDIFF CITY 1 IPSWICH TOWN 0

Crowd 15,175
Away support Approx. 1,200 Ipswich fans

Cardiff City : Moore, Peltier, Connolly, Manga, Malone, Whittingham, Ralls, O'Keefe, Noone, Immers and Pilkington.

Subs : Wilson, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Dikgacoi, Lawrence, Zohore and Ameobi.

City started this game still licking their wounds after their shock home defeat on Tuesday night to Leeds United,so today was about putting it right in front of the Cardiff Fans against fellow play off hopefuls Ipswich Town.

As City ran out to a near deserted stadium both teams for the first 15 played some good football and by the 18th minute a corner by Whittingham was headed in by Manga to make it 1-0 City :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Some good Football by Cardiff in the first half.

Ipswich came to win and this was keeping the game open, the first half finished with City deservedly going in 1 nil up :ayatollah:

Half-time CCFC 1 Ipswich 0

Ipswich started the second half looking for the equaliser and Malone kicked the ball of the line in the 57th min.

For the 20 mins we did not get the ball in their half :shock:
Then Scott Malone had a shot wide in the 65th min.

68th min Whittingham free kick saved.

71st min Whittingham off injured and replaced by Gunnarsson.

At times the match had boring periods.

82 min Pilkigton came off for Dikgacoi.

Full-time CCFC 1 Ipswich 0

My man of the match BRUNO MANGA :ayatollah:

Up next Reading away Next Saturday :thumbright:

Great win lex was brilliant ,pilks need to sort bring caught offside all the time out

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan 50 mins and 48seconds in to the game

Funny ninian felt like it had more spaces in it, : but near me was more people! Family stand more populated now though! :thumbup:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW/OPINION

" IN A NEAR EMPTY CARDIFF CITY STADIUM/ CITY TODAY "

CARDIFF CITY SAW OUT A HARD FOUGHT WIN.

A MASSIVE 3PTS AGAINST PLAY OFF RIVALS IPSWICH :ayatollah:

RUSSELL SLADES NAME WAS SANG TODAY BY THE DIED HARD CARDIFF FANS AND SO IT SHOULD BE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Even though Ipswich came for a win there were long periods of the game that were non eventful play.
Cardiff looked tired,did the high tempo Leeds game take it out of them?

3 hard fought points :ayatollah:

Russell Slade had to bring in Simon Moore to replace Marshall who came down with a virus last night.

CARDIFF CITY 1 IPSWICH TOWN 0

Crowd 15,175
Away support Approx. 1,200 Ipswich fans

Cardiff City : Moore, Peltier, Connolly, Manga, Malone, Whittingham, Ralls, O'Keefe, Noone, Immers and Pilkington.

Subs : Wilson, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Dikgacoi, Lawrence, Zohore and Ameobi.

City started this game still licking their wounds after their shock home defeat on Tuesday night to Leeds United,so today was about putting it right in front of the Cardiff Fans against fellow play off hopefuls Ipswich Town.

As City ran out to a near deserted stadium both teams for the first 15 played some good football and by the 18th minute a corner by Whittingham was headed in by Manga to make it 1-0 City :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Some good Football by Cardiff in the first half.

Ipswich came to win and this was keeping the game open, the first half finished with City deservedly going in 1 nil up :ayatollah:

Half-time CCFC 1 Ipswich 0

Ipswich started the second half looking for the equaliser and Malone kicked the ball of the line in the 57th min.

For the 20 mins we did not get the ball in their half :shock:
Then Scott Malone had a shot wide in the 65th min.

68th min Whittingham free kick saved.

71st min Whittingham off injured and replaced by Gunnarsson.

At times the match had boring periods.

82 min Pilkigton came off for Dikgacoi.

Full-time CCFC 1 Ipswich 0

My man of the match BRUNO MANGA :ayatollah:

Up next Reading away Next Saturday :thumbright:

Great win lex was brilliant ,pilks need to sort bring caught offside all the time out

Great Win Wez, a team effort :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:38 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Free ticket to kids work....Those kids (primary age) giving it to the Ipswich fans made my day, thought one or two of them were going over the barrier :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Those kids were fantastic today - '1-0' they taunted to the Ipswich singers (who were only youngsters anyway) but they didn't know what to when being outsang by a load of primary age fans. Everbody (including Ipswich) loved it. And those youngsters are the future so good on the club for keeping this offer going. There was a bloke and his mate behind me that I have never seen before who just spoke about work and his support of Spurs throughout the game whilst his kids were having a great time supporting their local team. That's where it starts........'Dad, can you take me down the City again please and whilst your at it, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM YOU PLASTIC-TWAT'. Well maybe without the plastic-twat bit.

:ayatollah:

The kids were quality today, I hope they return :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:47 pm

From Facebook

Stephen Howard Shambles to be honest.i live and work away now, so my attendances are limited; but ffs, its embarrassing to see this.either support ur club or do one.theyll all suddenly re appear if we get promoted.

Vince Alm hardcore were there again today giving 100% support that what matter most to me. bluebirds

Annis Abrahamii Correct Vince, you lot made a great atmosphere in the Canton stand. Glory hunters were egg chasing .

Wayne Dibs Anderson Quality not quantity as I tell Vic

Andrew Mapley No moaners in the crowd just people who want and do get behind the team.

Karl Mudd
I feel i must add that i was there today. But as vince said everyone got behind the team and for those who were there we made a fair bit of noise. We just need to build on this positive momentum.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:From Facebook

Stephen Howard Shambles to be honest.i live and work away now, so my attendances are limited; but ffs, its embarrassing to see this.either support ur club or do one.theyll all suddenly re appear if we get promoted.

Vince Alm hardcore were there again today giving 100% support that what matter most to me. bluebirds

Annis Abrahamii Correct Vince, you lot made a great atmosphere in the Canton stand. Glory hunters were egg chasing .

Andrew Mapley No moaners in the crowd just people who want and do get behind the team.

Karl Mudd
I feel i must add that i was there today. But as vince said everyone got behind the team and for those who were there we made a fair bit of noise. We just need to build on this positive momentum.

Agree! No moaners or people talking Shit. Quality crowd of 10,000 can have more of a positive impact than 20,000 with 10,000 shit bags in it

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:11 pm

Stadium might be empty, but I think in the last two games the atmosphere was :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Great win!

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:13 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:From Facebook

Karl Mudd

Agree! No moaners or people talking Shit. Quality crowd of 10,000 can have more of a positive impact than 20,000 with 10,000 shit bags in it

SPOT ON :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:14 pm

1922 wrote:Stadium might be empty, but I think in the last two games the atmosphere was :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Great win!

Correct Bart, we sang our hearts out, last 2 home games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
1922 wrote:Stadium might be empty, but I think in the last two games the atmosphere was :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Great win!

Correct Bart, we sang our hearts out, last 2 home games :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I've enjoyed most games this season, but since the turn of the year I think 99% of all the games home and away have been good performances with faorly decent atmospheres

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:15 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Great win!

I've enjoyed most games this season, but since the turn of the year I think 99% of all the games home and away have been good performances with faorly decent atmospheres

I agree, the die hard fans that are left have tried their best to make a good atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Well done to all those parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters that defied the crowd and
20160312_161429-1600x900.jpg
came to the football today, even though the schools were probably pushing the egg all week.

Good to finally meet you today :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Yes well done to those who did turn up :ayatollah: and the glory hunters will be back for the one game a season like the old days all over again.

Calling people glory hunters doesn't help one bit! Encourage people to come down but don't criticise if they don't! It's negative to say the least! Sorry but it boring and tiring to hear the same old drivel!

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:19 am

Don't see how you can say Manga was Man of the Match. Connolly won the ball in the air so many times in our area, played a key part today. Immers up there too, he was all over the pitch today. O'Keefe kept the pressure on their midfield too and stopped them from playing, but the work he does isn't as noticeable! Moore didn't fill me with confidence should we sell Marshall or should he get injured!

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:32 am

NyeBluebird wrote:Don't see how you can say Manga was Man of the Match. Connolly won the ball in the air so many times in our area, played a key part today. Immers up there too, he was all over the pitch today. O'Keefe kept the pressure on their midfield too and stopped them from playing, but the work he does isn't as noticeable! Moore didn't fill me with confidence should we sell Marshall or should he get injured!

Its all about difference of opinions, Manga did not do a foot wrong yesterday :ayatollah:

Peltier would of been my second choice :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:34 am

Lanwood wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Well done to all those parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters that defied the crowd and
came to the football today, even though the schools were probably pushing the egg all week.

Yes well done to those who did turn up :ayatollah: and the glory hunters will be back for the one game a season like the old days all over again.

Calling people glory hunters doesn't help one bit! Encourage people to come down but don't criticise if they don't! It's negative to say the least! Sorry but it boring and tiring to hear the same old drivel!

The fact is,they are glory hunters, where do they go every time City go on a downward spiral?
Its worse than a disgrace how quick they deserted our club.
Sorry but the Truth hurts.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:39 am

Lanwood wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

When they only turn up for the "big" games, what else are you meant to call them?

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:41 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Lanwood wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

When they only turn up for the "big" games, what else are you meant to call them?

GLORY HUNTERS A FACT